Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:00:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CUSTOM KNC TITAN FIRMWARE! based off KNC's v2.00  (Read 9053 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 10:37:01 AM

oh they did test them believe me to each unit they put print from test, and yes the dc/dc from die 2 mostly run hotter and look in some cases worse than others. I already replaced thermal paste on all of my units that was first of my steps, then i made my own brackets and installed radiators on each dc/dc. Altho all my units seem to be assembled out of "new" parts, including fans, boards and all. I got only one cube that was running much hotter than others (over 80degrees) but repasting, sinks and Noctura cooled it enough. If i wont be able to run 5 cubes per controller i will eventually give up and start looking for additional controllers to buy and run the rest of cubes. So far i got 6 cubes remaining to redo all of upgrades due to lack of time

Well maybe they just tested for 15 min mine were tested for 1/2 hour ..which is probably the issue...look at the paper and you can make a guess

I on the other hand, I did find some toasty dc/dc's under new thermal pads...perhaps our 1st 24 were test units...did you also get the funky titan vinyal sticker over used
Neputne  cube shells...you can tell side by side w/o removing the lable with a regular Titan cube.in that if it was Titan cubes underneath part would show...
but I suppose with the data hall and running them bare on shelves....they have lots and lots of neppie cube covers......that is kinda a hoot.

Also what kinda damage did you see from temp workers (too short screws ..taco'd boards ) and also shipping damage..our stuff came to the USA so looked plenty rough.

Well anyway at 1900 bucks including the 150 for shipping we kinda figured it would be crappy ..due to the 'as is' clause so it will all work out..but still they did not even

try imho to give a damn ...at least on our first run 24 batch of stuff....sheesh

Yeah, I got 1 5 cube titan to do here yet..it is running cool and at 400mh more or less (knock wood) but I really got to look at this ....(its a trap i tell you). Then of
course, we have like 120 cubes to do of the 24 units (maxumark needs to do 18 for his and I need to do 6 titans of which I've done only 6 cubes here and  all but 4 cubes
left at the house here (2 Titans  at home and 4 Titans in the data hall)

Then again the other 4 titans hosting are at 62F in a data farm server place setup...so we have some time..but have to find the time to repaste...

Good to see you got them all repasted etc.....but yeah ...I got the gberty clone boards 1st batch one worked just fine....the 3 2nd batch ones all seem to be
broke....thus w/o redress there I too will be getting some Titan boards if I can find them ...we can beat each other up on eBay for such (fun fun) Sad

Yeah time ...got no time as well....you can check out my full hash on www.litecoinpool.org
not sure if you can see it w/o a logon but it is a great pool imho

I don't even have a backup pool the last 2 years because it has never gone down that I can tell..lol Smiley pays 103% and no fee....and I like the tools etc
So things here are stable ..thou I too have 1 cube sitting around w/o a PSU thou...I have an extra controller from the 2 Titan's (I mixed and merged with my otherTitan stuff)
but waiting on a Maxumark server mod psu to play with this 1 extra cube.....but I'm still out now a 'test bed' controller for my problem cubes ...thus off to eBay
search I guess....

On a side note someone wants to be God in the Titan world ...get a Beagle Bone Black to work on a Titan controller ..you would be worshiped indeed! Smiley

Anyway good to see you are limping along w/o as many issues..but hey...363mh for mostly new stuff for 1900 bucks I'd have bid that anyway Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 04:53:13 PM

after i tried couple things i was able to run 5 cubes on one titan. I flashed sd with factory 2.0 then i upgraded to 1.0.4tarkin and restored to factory settings if i remember correctly otherwise it had problems with starting all die's and fell in the restart loop. Upgrading bfgminer occured some problems so i didnt do it this time. I was wrong when i thought that 5.4.2 fixes the asic temp missing.
I will try further with other units. Meanwhile probably one of my 2000BB burned/overheated while running 5 cubes.

So, I was wondering ... is there any chance you can try loading an SD card w/ KNC2.00 -> KNC2.02 -> my firmware 1.0.4 and see if it works?
I dont have a Titan physically, so its very difficult to test the version combinations =/
Im confused as to what you said doesnt work... did KNC2.02 come loaded on the miner when you received it and u flashed my 1.0.4 ... then it did not work? Or did you mix my bfgminer5.4.2 installer in there as well?
Cuz, KNC2.02 -> GenTarkin 1.0.4 should not cause any problems ... even if it did , it should be clearable w/ the factory defaults options.
I would like to just figure out what all happened.
Or ... maybe its just bad luck and all variability / coincidence ... that would seem to be Searings experience =P

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
supersonic

Activity: 195
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 05:27:52 PM

after i tried couple things i was able to run 5 cubes on one titan. I flashed sd with factory 2.0 then i upgraded to 1.0.4tarkin and restored to factory settings if i remember correctly otherwise it had problems with starting all die's and fell in the restart loop. Upgrading bfgminer occured some problems so i didnt do it this time. I was wrong when i thought that 5.4.2 fixes the asic temp missing.
I will try further with other units. Meanwhile probably one of my 2000BB burned/overheated while running 5 cubes.

So, I was wondering ... is there any chance you can try loading an SD card w/ KNC2.00 -> KNC2.02 -> my firmware 1.0.4 and see if it works?
I dont have a Titan physically, so its very difficult to test the version combinations =/
Im confused as to what you said doesnt work... did KNC2.02 come loaded on the miner when you received it and u flashed my 1.0.4 ... then it did not work? Or did you mix my bfgminer5.4.2 installer in there as well?
Cuz, KNC2.02 -> GenTarkin 1.0.4 should not cause any problems ... even if it did , it should be clearable w/ the factory defaults options.
Or ... maybe its just bad luck and all variability / coincidence ... that would seem to be Searings experience =P
they all came with 2.02 installed on sd's. I will try 2.0->2.02->1.0.4 later aswell

Nice from far but far from nice
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 02:43:14 AM

It came with 2.02 and IF I remember correctly the 1 SD I got (of the 2 miners I have at home) it upgraded directly just fine to 1.04 and then the 2.42  bfgminer also.

All the other miners we got of the 24 I don't think came with SD's of any kind thus we did the make an SD from scratch and they also all came up working no issues.

I have had to re-do the SD 2x on the 2 units for some reason...which is kinda odd...just showed up blank with the white lite blinking ...and a re-do worked well

so both units here have the new SD route now. I am waiting on a PSU to use the extra bridge board as a 'test bed' hopefully I can flash an SD then this week

But anyway I know the NEW SD route with Sandisk 8gb Class 10 SD's work ..in that we use them on the rest. Not sure anymore what came with the 1 Titan with

an SD...likely they used it to swap out and test the 24 (without thermal pads in some cases .burned dc/dc's sigh) but it came along for the ride with 2.02 on it

Is there anyway thru github you can contact the guy who made the 2.02 patch on the Titan firmware page? He is likely out of work now and maybe could give

you some info and help on this for the heck of it....in that he did invest time in KNC etc etc

I'll try to make an SD this week from scratch again to see....but waiting on a server psu build from a buddy

they all came with 2.02 installed on sd's. I will try 2.0->2.02->1.0.4 later as well

AT this point in time ALL of the 24 units we have were upgraded in the above manner. The SD that came with 2.02 is on the bridge board I am not using at this time.
With 2 units here I simply played merge the cubes with the controllers I have now on the other 2 titans I had here...thus the extra bridge to play "test the cubes with"
for future use and again waiting on the dual server psu to be done to play with it from Maxumark.

NOTE: we also did all them and they areupgraded to the 3.42 bfgminer patch as well. Again no issues, but the SD's on both faded a while back (blank and white lite blinking etc)
But that seems to be OK now after 2 or 3 weeks. That was the only odd thing.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
dadach2

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 07:44:19 AM

everything except 1.15 is crap. at least on my 1st batch Titan.

can this firmware improve this, and how?

http://www.igreklik.com/slike/images/73318590547671862275_thumb.jpg

http://www.igreklik.com/slike/images/52025061919622961173_thumb.jpg
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 08:21:41 AM

everything except 1.15 is crap. at least on my 1st batch Titan.

can this firmware improve this, and how?

I've got 10 licenses from him...they work great on my machines not an issue........IF you are having problems (you probably know this) repaste...stick the 3000 rpm fan
get the maxumark bracket kit and dc/dc indivitual heatsinks and use gelin extreme paste on your repaste......again you probably know that

the combo of the above and the gen tarkin software and I have dropped between 10 and 15c on the dc/dc temps and gain like 35mh our of the 635 mh of units I checked
on this

If you don't believe this thread go to

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.0

or

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1283859.0

for a 3rd party view other then his thread here

anyway I always get a license when I get equipment...the knc original firmware stuff in a word ...SUCKS Smiley

dadach2

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 11:12:25 AM

thanks. well, basically mine is running stock, untouched. it was much higher in the beginning. like 320, now it is at 290.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 11:15:08 PM

thanks. well, basically mine is running stock, untouched. it was much higher in the beginning. like 320, now it is at 290.

These I have are on ave been running 24/7 so repaste with a good thermal paste. I use gelin extreme  again most Titans now 2 years old the paste likely shot.

If you need tips pm me. But imho the most likely way to get has back. If you did repaste

Then go whole hog and do the works. Maxumark bracket replace (10 bucks)and 3000 rpm fan and D.C./D.C. Individual heatsinks

Anyway details you can pm me. Anyway my advice asap

dadach

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 01:20:41 PM

this firmware has a huge bug for me. when i reboot, the voltages goo crazy, and try to fry my miner. like i would have -0.7 and upon reboot it gives me +0.7...

any suggestions how to fix this?

To DA Moon!!! donations accepted >.< 38nvHaNqF5nv4ifhUyq9CChnBmRs2DSv4r
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: