May 04, 2024, 07:58:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: DO you like this thread
Meh
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nights Watch by Afrikoin  (Read 303272 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:27:31 PM

I look at this Roger Ver battle as the last battle before $25k bitcoin. If Bitcoin can take down Roger's 400k Bitcoins, then it will be Mars for sure. I am giving Roger about a 2% chance of actually winning, however, I think he can put Bitcoin in a 6 month bear market in my view.

I don't think hashing power determines the real Bitcoin, only market cap and number active holder/users. Bitcoin Cash cannot replace the millions that hold Bitcoin very easily. Hell I cannot even figure out how to move my BCH without breaking out my text editor or using an Android wallet.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RAJSALLIN

Activity: 665
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 11:17:12 PM

I look at this Roger Ver battle as the last battle before $25k bitcoin. If Bitcoin can take down Roger's 400k Bitcoins, then it will be Mars for sure. I am giving Roger about a 2% chance of actually winning, however, I think he can put Bitcoin in a 6 month bear market in my view.

I don't think hashing power determines the real Bitcoin, only market cap and number active holder/users. Bitcoin Cash cannot replace the millions that hold Bitcoin very easily. Hell I cannot even figure out how to move my BCH without breaking out my text editor or using an Android wallet.

I give BCH a 82.37% chance of succeeding. That's my very profesional estimate based on grabbing numbers out of my ass just like you are doing.

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
`Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github`
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
manuelcalavera31

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 11:22:42 PM

I give BCH a 82.37% chance of succeeding. That's my very profesional estimate based on grabbing numbers out of my ass just like you are doing.

I've searched for "like & upvote & repost & thumbsup" button.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:22:07 PM

Yes, we still have ample room for growth. But the development of real life applications takes time.

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:40:44 AM

Yes, we still have ample room for growth. But the development of real life applications takes time.

I agree. the Dotcom bubble was anything but real life applications, though...  it´s really weird. in my view bitcoin will deliver what the dotcom bubble promised: aNEW ECONOMY.  thanks africoin for posting this.
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 01:45:21 PM

How to Claim Bitcoin Cash (August 2017 Update)

https://cryptovest.com/education/claim-bitcoin-cash/

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 02:44:12 PM

What do you mean by <  'Take down' Rogers 400k Bitcoins>  ? I am sure that he will retain a large holding of BTC, but of course he will be aiming to rebalance his portfolio, something like 300k BTC/ 1M BCH.

Remember BitcoinCash is also held by millions.  An airdrop of that scale has never been done before.  

I would agree that Core is likely to win, but there are many unknowns dead ahead, and it has to be a probability play.  The odds vs price are pretty much even, I would say.  (85/15 against BCH)
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 03:13:59 PM

iNteresting

i have been posting here since the btcslack group was launched

by an anti-Core group

BCH was discussed at lengths on this slack, way before the fork

then the fork was announced on the Future of Bitcoin Conference

then futures trading of BCH began on ViaBTC

then the fork happened

mining took time

price went up

price went down

now price is going up again, and mining difficulty has caught many pro UASF pro core folks off guard

yet, here you are, some of you still saying you see Core as the likely winner.

Cant you see? The market continues to prove you wrong time and time again

I would n't rule out BCH if i was you. Really, best hold both, but dont bet on BCH failing

already, Core is pulling out of the 2X NYA agreement, which puts the main chain at even greater risk if miners AND business switch to BCH in Oct/November

Be careful choosing sides

BTW, btc slack is the best pace to get a low down on how BCH plans to kill BTC

Watch this space!

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 03:24:58 PM

Since BCH difficulty adjusted down yesterday an S9 mining BCH can break even in less than two months; that is a powerful incentive to mine BCH instead of BTC. Watch the hashrate.

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:05:11 PM

iNteresting

(...)

Watch this space!

this is really weird. the bcash people try to kill btc? but the biggest btc hodlers got the most bcash.

I think you are right: the best strategy is to wait at least until January 2018 and hodl both coins.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 07:27:45 PM

iNteresting

by an anti-Core group

then the fork happened

mining took time

price went up

price went down

now price is going up again, and mining difficulty has caught many pro UASF pro core folks off guard

I would n't rule out BCH if i was you. Really, best hold both, but dont bet on BCH failing

already, Core is pulling out of the 2X NYA agreement, which puts the main chain at even greater risk if miners AND business switch to BCH in Oct/November

Watch this space!

BCH doesn't support Segwit, so it will never be Segwit2X. There is a risk that Segwit2X, if core doesn't deliver, could replace Bitcoin, but BCH will be dead in any case. BCH is some unconsensuated altcoin that a minority decided to create using Bitcoin blockchain as some sort of massive airdrop. Even if they would implement Segwit and reduce its blocksize to 2MB to comply with Segwit2x it would still not be a legit "fork".

19VBmRQVqrtNTGiwngZutwREagcKxJgVZM
RAJSALLIN

Activity: 665
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:02:14 PM

iNteresting

by an anti-Core group

then the fork happened

mining took time

price went up

price went down

Watch this space!

BCH doesn't support Segwit, so it will never be Segwit2X. There is a risk that Segwit2X, if core doesn't deliver, could replace Bitcoin, but BCH will be dead in any case. BCH is some unconsensuated altcoin that a minority decided to create using Bitcoin blockchain as some sort of massive airdrop. Even if they would implement Segwit and reduce its blocksize to 2MB to comply with Segwit2x it would still not be a legit "fork".

How is BCH the altcoin when it is much closer to what bitcoin looked like pre segwit? Segwit is the altcoion. segwit may or may not be a clever tech but looking at it from an outside perspective Core has changed bitcoin so much it can't be called bitcoin anymore. BCH on the other hand solved the block problem in the simplest way without changing the under lying technology.

Also don't underestimate who is suporting BCH. Some powerful people with very deep pockets. This is also obvious when looking at the price development.

When it comes down to it it's not you or me that get to determine what fork is the real bitcoin. The market has the final word on this. Lets see what happens.

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
`Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github`
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:19:18 PM

How is BCH the altcoin when it is much closer to what bitcoin looked like pre segwit? Segwit is the altcoion. segwit may or may not be a clever tech but looking at it from an outside perspective Core has changed bitcoin so much it can't be called bitcoin anymore. BCH on the other hand solved the block problem in the simplest way without changing the under lying technology.

Also don't underestimate who is suporting BCH. Some powerful people with very deep pockets. This is also obvious when looking at the price development.

When it comes down to it it's not you or me that get to determine what fork is the real bitcoin. The market has the final word on this. Lets see what happens.

CLoser to what Bitcoin looked pre segwit? Ok, if I do a clone right now, my fork will be the real Bitcoin because it is closer to the real thing? Bullshit.

Segwit was approved with 100% Bitcoin hashrate consensus. So anything not having Segwit is NOT Bitcoin. It's simple.

BCH may be a clone of an EX-Bitcoin.... which it isn't, because it has MANY changes: Difficulty adjustment algo, Block Size, etc etc..... but it isn't Bitcoin and will never be.

Want to think it is better than Bitcoin and it will dethrone it? Ok, not completely impossible, but that won't make it Bitcoin.

19VBmRQVqrtNTGiwngZutwREagcKxJgVZM
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:30:23 PM

At no point throughout was Core ever 'in' the NYA agreement.

There are many of their tactics that I don't like, but if BCH 'wins' I'm done with Bitcoin.

On another note that dotcom bubble figure hasn't been adjusted for inflation. There's been 17 years of outrageous monetary debasement since.
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:21:44 PM

BCH has

noSegwit
no RBF

bigger blocks

seems its very much similar to Bitcoin pre 2013

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:52:13 AM

BCH has

noSegwit
no RBF

bigger blocks

seems its very much similar to Bitcoin pre 2013

RBF works great when both parties are signing the transaction, such as with LN transactions.  However, with a normal BTC transaction where only the sender signs, RBF is just a network supported method of enabling double spends on 0-conf transactions.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 08:24:48 AM

Bitcoin Cash is the real Bitcoin, heed my words everyone. This is the second train and some dumbass brainwashed idiots here are going to miss that train so bad it hurts. I'm laughing my ass off watching BCC going up. I bought in at 0.06 prices (paid 200$ for each Bitcoin Cash token I bought, and I obviously sold my obsolete bitcoins and I keep selling the obsolete tokens gradually). Mad profits, great time to be alive. Finally the financial world benefits people who think for themselves and it penalizes the brainwashed sheelpe and establishment trolls  Grin I am so happy.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3427
Merit: 4344

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:05:12 PM

Bitcoin Cash is the real Bitcoin, heed my words everyone. This is the second train and some dumbass brainwashed idiots here are going to miss that train so bad it hurts. I'm laughing my ass off watching BCC going up. I bought in at 0.06 prices (paid 200$ for each Bitcoin Cash token I bought, and I obviously sold my obsolete bitcoins and I keep selling the obsolete tokens gradually). Mad profits, great time to be alive. Finally the financial world benefits people who think for themselves and it penalizes the brainwashed sheelpe and establishment trolls  Grin I am so happy.

What happend with youre almighty Bitcoin Unlimited?

I've seen walls of text from you how and why BU was better and will crush Bitcoin very fast. I told you you where wrong and i was right but now you jumped like a real rat into BCash coin..

You felt straight into Rogers BU crap just like today noobs like you falling again for his BCash coin propaganda bullshit.

You aint got any creditabilities over here anymore, donkey's like you will hit there head for the 3th time  Kiss
CoinOp

Activity: 88
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:07:19 PM

After a correction from five-thousand BTC could head as low as three-thousand something dollars a coin the dramatic price jump seems to be calming down now.
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:09:12 PM

What happend with youre almighty Bitcoin Unlimited?

https://github.com/BitcoinUnlimited/BitcoinUnlimited/blob/BitcoinCash/doc/release-notes/release-notes-bucash1.1.1.0.md

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Pages: « 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 »
  Print  

Jump to: