April 26, 2024, 02:46:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: DO you like this thread
Meh
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nights Watch by Afrikoin  (Read 303266 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 03:05:04 PM

Has the parabola (and bull trend) been broken or will a new fan line form, leading to new all-time highs? $BTC

https://twitter.com/PeterLBrandt/status/908429475167092736

snip

In a word...no.

Looks like we've broken the fib retracement support at 3250USD and next stop 2730USD -- if that doesn't hold (and I reckon it will unless there are further shenanigans) then things get really ugly, the forum gets full of 'BTC is dead' trolls and the MSM is full of stories of people who bought at the top wanting to blame someone, anyone.

The 38.2% level was broken briefly which is not a concern as the weekly 20 MA held. However look out for a dead cat bounce on the weekly chart between $3800 - $4000. Traders are obviously bidding the weekly 20 MA; as long as the 20 MA holds we are still in a bull market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:14:55 PM

snyone else come acrosss this?

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@anonymint/shocking-crisis-coming-to-cryptocurrency-in-sept#@anonymint/re-finitemaz-re-anonymint-shocking-crisis-coming-to-cryptocurrency-in-sept-20170730t055803737z

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:20:46 PM

https://pastebin.com/n0aGBMQr

Traders, certain information has come to my attention that is causing me grave concerns and i feel it is my duty to warn each and every one of you.

Traders, certain information has come to my attention that is causing me grave concerns and i feel it is my duty to warn each and every one of you.    

We all know the scaling drama has caused a huge rift, resulting in bitcoin forking into the soon to be "Bitcoin Cash".    

I know many have large holdings and savings in bitcoin, and are 'hodlers' and will never sell, so when the selling starts, you may lose everything if you don't also sell.  

Gentlemen, this is certaintly not going to be gentlemen.      

Certain information has come to light from back room channels, sources i cannot disclose ~ even writing this post will probably reveal my source - but i feel by gods will, I must warn you all.  

Selling is coming. Selling the likes of which hasn't been seen since MtGox era.  
Already as i type this, battleships of bitcoin are being shorted on all major exchanges.  

Gentlemen, The enemy, the big blockers, have colluded and joined forces. The chinese, Jihan & co have put together a plan to replace bitcoin with bitcoin cash.  

The plan goes like this:  
Chinese miners (f2pool, antpool etc etc) have organised with major exchanges (via/huobi/okcoin etc) to support and launch bitcoin cash.  
Initially they will let everyone who wants to sell, sell.    
Once the coin has bottomed out, and everyone who wanted to sell has sold, they [chinese miners/jihad/chinese exchanges] will begin accumulating lots and lots of bitcoin cash.  
They will then begin to pump the price  to around 0.1 BCC/BTC - 10%  
The big pools won't mine it ~ they will let the smaller pools see the returns from mining this expensive, but low difficulty coin and start mining it.  
Later, the larger pools will join, and as we know, jihad has ALOT of hashing power, their plan is for bitcoin cash to have more hashing power than bitcoin ~ and lets be honest, once t he chinese move over, that is pretty much it.  
Around this time, the 'hard fork' section of segwit 2x is not going to happen ~ it never was - Bitcoin cash will then be seen as the original NYA coin..  
At that point in time, Bitcoin cash will be on all major chinese exchanges, possibly some western exchanges aswell, and have majority hashing power. Western companies & other merchant providers (BitPay - @Spair) etc - paid off by bitmain etc will go along with the new bitcoin cash narrative and will push for the 'bitcoin cash' to be called 'bitcoin' on all their platforms, leaving only coinbase et all which will then be the odd ones out..  

Now comes the scary part, The old bitcoin, the bitcoin we know and love, is going to get DESTROYED.  
What determines a coins success ? It's market cap.  
Big old school blockers and miners are going to dump bitcoin back to the bottom, they will take literally billions and billions of dollars out of bitcoin. They will use the money to fund the marketing, and development, or 'bitcoin cash' - Think, Bitcoin core - FIRED.  Think - forbes article, "why bitcoin miners and companies are moving to bitcoin cash" - think - "Why the market is chosing bitcoin cash as bitcoin not bitcoin core"  - They wil lsay the market has spoken, that people have voted with their money.  

Right now, massive huge shorts are being built, already on finex, shorts are at 32k - not seen since $200 these kinds of numbers of shorts, and its climbing, all the t ime, consistently, they have ALOT of coins to short.  

The most painful kind of selling, is where it never bounces and if you remember MtGox from $1000 to $70, you'll remember what no bounces feels like ~ and I can tell you. This won't be any better.  

Good luck all, remember - fair warning.

Below is I grabbed, i also have some slack and telegram logs, I will sort them out later when i get back, i just want to confirm what I can safely disclose first for my own protection.

Email from [alice] to [bob] -

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Dumb broad

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 03:48:00 AM

thanks for the interesting info Afri.
As always, you can't beat crypto for high drama

So, ideas regarding the author of the 'warning' message?

Chinese miners (f2pool, antpool etc etc) have organised with major exchanges (via/huobi/okcoin etc) to support and launch bitcoin cash. 
Once the coin has bottomed out, and everyone who wanted to sell has sold, they [chinese miners/jihad/chinese exchanges] will begin accumulating lots and lots of bitcoin cash.

It looks like this part of the 'plan' has hit a snag already though Wink

DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:56:20 AM

https://pastebin.com/n0aGBMQr

We all know the scaling drama has caused a huge rift, resulting in bitcoin forking into the soon to be "Bitcoin Cash".    

I know many have large holdings and savings in bitcoin, and are 'hodlers' and will never sell, so when the selling starts, you may lose everything if you don't also sell.  

Gentlemen, this is certaintly not going to be gentlemen.      

Certain information has come to light from back room channels, sources i cannot disclose ~ even writing this post will probably reveal my source - but i feel by gods will, I must warn you all.  

Selling is coming. Selling the likes of which hasn't been seen since MtGox era.  
Already as i type this, battleships of bitcoin are being shorted on all major exchanges.  

Gentlemen, The enemy, the big blockers, have colluded and joined forces. The chinese, Jihan & co have put together a plan to replace bitcoin with bitcoin cash.  

The plan goes like this:  
They will then begin to pump the price  to around 0.1 BCC/BTC - 10%  
The big pools won't mine it ~ they will let the smaller pools see the returns from mining this expensive, but low difficulty coin and start mining it.  
Later, the larger pools will join, and as we know, jihad has ALOT of hashing power, their plan is for bitcoin cash to have more hashing power than bitcoin ~ and lets be honest, once t he chinese move over, that is pretty much it.  
Around this time, the 'hard fork' section of segwit 2x is not going to happen ~ it never was - Bitcoin cash will then be seen as the original NYA coin..  
At that point in time, Bitcoin cash will be on all major chinese exchanges, possibly some western exchanges aswell, and have majority hashing power. Western companies & other merchant providers (BitPay - @Spair) etc - paid off by bitmain etc will go along with the new bitcoin cash narrative and will push for the 'bitcoin cash' to be called 'bitcoin' on all their platforms, leaving only coinbase et all which will then be the odd ones out..  

Now comes the scary part, The old bitcoin, the bitcoin we know and love, is going to get DESTROYED.  
What determines a coins success ? It's market cap.  
Big old school blockers and miners are going to dump bitcoin back to the bottom, they will take literally billions and billions of dollars out of bitcoin. They will use the money to fund the marketing, and development, or 'bitcoin cash' - Think, Bitcoin core - FIRED.  Think - forbes article, "why bitcoin miners and companies are moving to bitcoin cash" - think - "Why the market is chosing bitcoin cash as bitcoin not bitcoin core"  - They wil lsay the market has spoken, that people have voted with their money.  

Right now, massive huge shorts are being built, already on finex, shorts are at 32k - not seen since $200 these kinds of numbers of shorts, and its climbing, all the t ime, consistently, they have ALOT of coins to short.  

The most painful kind of selling, is where it never bounces and if you remember MtGox from $1000 to $70, you'll remember what no bounces feels like ~ and I can tell you. This won't be any better.  

Good luck all, remember - fair warning.

Below is I grabbed, i also have some slack and telegram logs, I will sort them out later when i get back, i just want to confirm what I can safely disclose first for my own protection.

Email from [alice] to [bob] -

If Craig W were actually satoshi, he would spend 4 weeks market selling his Core coins and market buying BCC with the proceeds, that is all it would take. Proof he ain't Satoshi.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 02:58:31 PM

i think the takeaway here is atleast buy some BCH and hold as a hedge

at $400 now

i think its atleast worth as much as Bitcoin

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 02:59:46 PM

not yet.

i think we'll know for sure in late october/november when segwit2x

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Dumb broad

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:45:58 PM

not yet.

i think we'll know for sure in late october/november when segwit2x

I was more referring to the Chinese exchanges closing.  Something of a black swan event the plan did not foresee.

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2017, 11:14:25 PM

Kim Nilsson - Cracking MtGox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l70iRcSxqzo

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 01:10:48 AM

What does this look like?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2017, 07:27:59 AM

McAfee is a cool dude.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:01:08 AM

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:01:35 AM

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 01:02:50 AM

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/vQ3w2kxu-This-Is-The-End/

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:18:01 PM

Drugs, Code and ICOs: Monero’s Long Road to Blockchain Respect

http://www.ethereumpool.us/blog/2017/09/26/drugs-code-and-icos-moneros-long-road-to-blockchain-respect/

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:59:03 PM

Bitcoin Unlimited and nChain Unveil Joint Plans for 1 Gigabyte Blocks on Bitcoin Cash

https://cryptovest.com/news/bitcoin-unlimited-and-nchain-unveil-joint-plans-for-1-gigabyte-blocks-on-bitcoin-cash/

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:53:30 PM

Bitcoin Unlimited and nChain Unveil Joint Plans for 1 Gigabyte Blocks on Bitcoin Cash

https://cryptovest.com/news/bitcoin-unlimited-and-nchain-unveil-joint-plans-for-1-gigabyte-blocks-on-bitcoin-cash/

Does anyone think this is a good idea? I guess now that Bitcoin Cash is integrating Segwit (native Segwit address and signature scheme, with plans to implement a near-identical malleability fix), and Segwit2x is providing 8MB blocks, they need something to differentiate their network from the other 2 Bitcoin forks. Is that what this is about?

I sort of wish the Segwit2x fork would be called off, so that the market could decide between BTC and BCH.

Glad to see Alste is back..... I guess that means this rally still has some steam left. Tongue
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:28:21 PM

Does anyone think this is a good idea? I guess now that Bitcoin Cash is integrating Segwit (native Segwit address and signature scheme, with plans to implement a near-identical malleability fix), and Segwit2x is providing 8MB blocks, they need something to differentiate their network from the other 2 Bitcoin forks. Is that what this is about?

I sort of wish the Segwit2x fork would be called off, so that the market could decide between BTC and BCH.

Glad to see Alste is back..... I guess that means this rally still has some steam left. Tongue

you should also ask to bitcoin cash devs rather than forming an opinion based only on gregory maxwell's opinion.

the main thing of segwit is that witness data is stored on a separate data structure from the one used to store base data (see https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0141.mediawiki for more datails). Just for the sake of clarity this is the relevant part taken from of BIP 141:

This BIP defines a new structure called a "witness" that is committed to blocks separately from the transaction merkle tree. This structure contains data required to check transaction validity but not required to determine transaction effects. In particular, scripts and signatures are moved into this new structure.

The above is the essential part of SegWit and this is the reason why is called segregated (separate) witness.

Cash implementations will not adopt this hack to increase the block size simply because they don't need it, the block size limit has been removed already on August 1st.

BIP 143 is just an new digest algorithm for signature verification and it could be applied to any kind of transactions be them witness or regular.

WRT of maxwell's allusion to mis-attribution/appropriation of Core code in the case of BIP 143, it is pure fantasy. These are the two commits that implements the new signature scheme described in BIP 143:

db236b5a6e2f6cf67d194f86f178584fa99b3ca7
1f50d97ef1885bdb09ea5ae403385fac23bf7276

as you can see both mention BIP 143 as the original specification. BIP 143 is even specified in the original bitcoin cash specification.

as for the 'sigsafe' maxwell mentioned in the post you mentioned I really don't know where he finds it cause it never existed in the first place.

one last thing related to BIP 173. this is just a new way to encode a bitcoin pub key that use a base32 encoding rather than a base58, also known as "Bench32". This scheme has been already used to produce the id of tor and i2p hidden services. wuille and maxwell along with other core devs add nice features on top of it, but again this has nothing to do with SegWit, and of course the code that is going to implement BIP 173 for cash clients will attribute the paternity of the idea to BIP 173 authors.

WRT the fact the bitcoin cash client are going to call it "cashaddress" this is just plain false, such string will be probably use as a prefix for the address format and won't be a way to "rename" the idea. Bitcoin core will use 'bc' instead as prefix but is not they are going to change the name of the "Bench32" into "bc".

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:22:52 AM

It is a fantastic idea, but a terrible headline.  What was announced was a test network that will slowly grow blocksize up to 1GB to help identify scaling bottlenecks.  The BCH blockchain will be unaffected.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:34:51 AM

you should also ask to bitcoin cash devs rather than forming an opinion based only on gregory maxwell's opinion.

the main thing of segwit is that witness data is stored on a separate data structure from the one used to store base data (see https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0141.mediawiki for more datails). Just for the sake of clarity this is the relevant part taken from of BIP 141:

This BIP defines a new structure called a "witness" that is committed to blocks separately from the transaction merkle tree. This structure contains data required to check transaction validity but not required to determine transaction effects. In particular, scripts and signatures are moved into this new structure.

The above is the essential part of SegWit and this is the reason why is called segregated (separate) witness.

Cash implementations will not adopt this hack to increase the block size simply because they don't need it, the block size limit has been removed already on August 1st.

BIP 143 is just an new digest algorithm for signature verification and it could be applied to any kind of transactions be them witness or regular.

WRT of maxwell's allusion to mis-attribution/appropriation of Core code in the case of BIP 143, it is pure fantasy. These are the two commits that implements the new signature scheme described in BIP 143:

db236b5a6e2f6cf67d194f86f178584fa99b3ca7
1f50d97ef1885bdb09ea5ae403385fac23bf7276

as you can see both mention BIP 143 as the original specification. BIP 143 is even specified in the original bitcoin cash specification.

as for the 'sigsafe' maxwell mentioned in the post you mentioned I really don't know where he finds it cause it never existed in the first place.

one last thing related to BIP 173. this is just a new way to encode a bitcoin pub key that use a base32 encoding rather than a base58, also known as "Bench32". This scheme has been already used to produce the id of tor and i2p hidden services. wuille and maxwell along with other core devs add nice features on top of it, but again this has nothing to do with SegWit, and of course the code that is going to implement BIP 173 for cash clients will attribute the paternity of the idea to BIP 173 authors.

WRT the fact the bitcoin cash client are going to call it "cashaddress" this is just plain false, such string will be probably use as a prefix for the address format and won't be a way to "rename" the idea. Bitcoin core will use 'bc' instead as prefix but is not they are going to change the name of the "Bench32" into "bc".

Thanks for this clarification, sickpig, I was quite surprised to see a claim that BCH was integrating segwit, even from an AXA employee, oh, I mean "core dev".

Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 »
  Print  

Jump to: