April 27, 2024, 12:45:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: DO you like this thread
Meh
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nights Watch by Afrikoin  (Read 303266 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
btcone111

Activity: 266
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:57:27 PM

Yesterday [masterluc] called for a retest of 10K like happened at 1K during the beginning of 2017:

FWIW he did it again few hours ago: "We went to test 10k. The three posts below are detailed." 
(original not translated: "Пoexaли нa 10кy тecтиpoвaть. Tpeмя пocтaми нижe пoдpoбнo.")

(source: https://vk.com/wall-130254204_4865 google transale could have messed up the tenses thou)

so correction soon?

I can't make out what he is saying
Yea, in his opinion it's already started.

Thank you very much for keeping us informed. I follow his posts very closely Smiley
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:13:47 AM

EOS is the new KING in town.

Honestly guys, even at $10, EOS is a proper BUY and HODL!!

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:14:45 AM

Does anyone have a Bitcoin chart?

Havent had a look in a while

Been too obsessed with EOS.  Grin

Please share BTC wave count

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:08:43 PM

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10165

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:52:18 PM

Hardly a proper comparison, especially if we are specifically referring to bitcoin.

Bitcoin seems to be in an s-curve adoption phase, and sure there are going to be severe ups and downs along the way, and sure some folks are going to make short-sighted gambles, especially those who have been shorting since either $2,600 or $250 for that matter.. a lot of those shorters have been getting r3ckt.

Good luck with your short or your sale, if you are calling bitcoin as either a bubble or expecting any kind of long term crash, such as the 1929 stock market situation.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:17:23 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 11:25:02 PM by Afrikoin

Bubble Territory:

An email i wrote to myself in November 2013 about "bubbles". This was close to the $1163 Bitcoin price high of 2013, preceding a 20 month bear market decline to $162.

Its always a bubble until its not

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:28:35 PM

Bubble Territory:

An email i wrote to myself in November 2013 about "bubbles". This was close to the $1163 Bitcoin price high of 2013, preceding a 20 month bear market decline to $162.

That is not true.  That kind of thinking seems to buy into mainstream nonsense.  

You only know if something is a bubble after the fact, and that could take 6 months or longer to make such determinations.

Surely, you can have your theories about how probable you believe it to be for the price to go up or for the price to go down, or how far and how long any correction will be, but mere corrections do not either mean that we are in a bubble or that it is the end of the bull market.

For example, I will concede that November 2013 was a bubble; however, we likely did not know that until about mid 2014, and such bubble did not become completely clear until the end of 2014 and through an almost year long period of BTC price stagnation and suppression that carried on through a large majority of 2015.  So when we transitioned out of the 2014/2015 bear market, we did not know that we had truly transitioned into a bull market until about May of 2016, and that transition out of the bear market and confirmation of the late 2016 to 2017 bull market was reinforced over and over and over again by subsequent price rises that occurred, in spite various corrections along the way.

To me, it seems inaccurate to either assert that we are in a bubble or to suggest that our upsurge in prices is ending any time soon or that our bull market is ending.  It is even quite possible that we will experience 30% or 40% price corrections from here; however, even an actual happening of those kinds of large price corrections would not mean that we are transitioning out of the bull market that we have been in since about October 2015 and confirmed about May 2016 and thereafter.  As you likely realize, since August 2017, we have had more than a 7x increase in BTC prices and since then we have had two BTC price corrections bordering on 30% (both of them in the past , and one price correction that was about 40% (in mid September from $4980 to $2970).  Even, those corrections do not show up very well on the weekly candle charts, but each of those kinds of price corrections do allow for refueling, continuing price move upwards and also allow for buy support to catch up to the new price.  

I am not going to concede that we are always in a bubble until we are not, but if we were to have a blow off top, then we might get a stronger sense that we are ending the bubble, and we are not going to know exactly what is a blow off top if we have several corrections along the way, but I will concede at some point the upwards price surge will cease, and sometime there after we can say that it was a bubble - yet currently, we could have a blow off top that leads us to $35k, $50k or even $100k or beyond before we would then be able to ascertain that it is an actual bubble rather than folks constantly asserting bubble, without any actual evidence of such - beyond witnessing exponential price growth - which could be part of the exponential part of an s-curve, rather than an actual bubble.

I will also concede that if you hold various theories because you are attempting to assess various alt coins and ICO pumps as if they were actually leading the bitcoin price - or that they have some kind of independent meaning beyond the strength and performance of bitcoin, then you are likely going to bring a lot of fuzzy logic to the table, merely because you are bringing in irrelevant and important ideas into your analysis - when bitcoin is the main game in town, and continues to be in spite of the various distractions of the alts and the ICOs.  In looking back at some of the previous posts in this thread, I do see that there are some of these kinds of altcoin and ICO nonsense discussions that are contributing to some of the fuzzy analysis and faltering attempts at BTC price predictions.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:13:20 AM

Bubble Territory:

You only know if something is a bubble after the fact, and that could take 6 months or longer to make such determinations.

Surely, you can have your theories about how probable you believe it to be for the price to go up or for the price to go down, or how far and how long any correction will be, but mere corrections do not either mean that we are in a bubble or that it is the end of the bull market.

For example, I will concede that November 2013 was a bubble; however, we likely did not know that until about mid 2014, and such bubble did not become completely clear until the end of 2014 and through an almost year long period of BTC price stagnation and suppression that carried on through a large majority of 2015.  So when we transitioned out of the 2014/2015 bear market, we did not know that we had truly transitioned into a bull market until about May of 2016, and that transition out of the bear market and confirmation of the late 2016 to 2017 bull market was reinforced over and over and over again by subsequent price rises that occurred, in spite various corrections along the way.

To me, it seems inaccurate to either assert that we are in a bubble or to suggest that our upsurge in prices is ending any time soon or that our bull market is ending.  It is even quite possible that we will experience 30% or 40% price corrections from here; however, even an actual happening of those kinds of large price corrections would not mean that we are transitioning out of the bull market that we have been in since about October 2015 and confirmed about May 2016 and thereafter.  As you likely realize, since August 2017, we have had more than a 7x increase in BTC prices and since then we have had two BTC price corrections bordering on 30% (both of them in the past , and one price correction that was about 40% (in mid September from $4980 to $2970).  Even, those corrections do not show up very well on the weekly candle charts, but each of those kinds of price corrections do allow for refueling, continuing price move upwards and also allow for buy support to catch up to the new price.  

I am not going to concede that we are always in a bubble until we are not, but if we were to have a blow off top, then we might get a stronger sense that we are ending the bubble, and we are not going to know exactly what is a blow off top if we have several corrections along the way, but I will concede at some point the upwards price surge will cease, and sometime there after we can say that it was a bubble - yet currently, we could have a blow off top that leads us to $35k, $50k or even $100k or beyond before we would then be able to ascertain that it is an actual bubble rather than folks constantly asserting bubble, without any actual evidence of such - beyond witnessing exponential price growth - which could be part of the exponential part of an s-curve, rather than an actual bubble.

I will also concede that if you hold various theories because you are attempting to assess various alt coins and ICO pumps as if they were actually leading the bitcoin price - or that they have some kind of independent meaning beyond the strength and performance of bitcoin, then you are likely going to bring a lot of fuzzy logic to the table, merely because you are bringing in irrelevant and important ideas into your analysis - when bitcoin is the main game in town, and continues to be in spite of the various distractions of the alts and the ICOs.  In looking back at some of the previous posts in this thread, I do see that there are some of these kinds of altcoin and ICO nonsense discussions that are contributing to some of the fuzzy analysis and faltering attempts at BTC price predictions.

in bold. that was my point

"You only know if something is a bubble after the fact"

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:19:23 AM

Bubble Territory:

in bold. that was my point

"You only know if something is a bubble after the fact"

hahahahahaha

Well, maybe we agree about most of this bubbly or not bubbly stuff, but just have a different way of saying it?

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:30:01 AM

Lol at BCH BTC drama

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:13:22 PM

Lol at BCH BTC drama

Just fluctuations. As usual  Grin

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:48:33 PM

Now trying to use this coz my BTC transaction is stuck for days now

After seeing people charging and deceiving people into paying for a service that is free, I have decided to make a list of the free Bitcoin Transaction Accelerators that I know of. I will try to keep it up to date. Please feel free to add any others you have found, and I will update the list in the OP.

To get your raw transaction details from blockchain.info, you need to do this:

Take this transaction for example: https://blockchain.info/tx/09ecd47c084613bb992e4ad50e4639008f61f2295dc1dbd5ce14d46975ee1f38

In the URL section, you need to add "?format=hex" behind the end of the transaction, like this: https://blockchain.info/tx/09ecd47c084613bb992e4ad50e4639008f61f2295dc1dbd5ce14d46975ee1f38?format=hex

You will then be given the raw transaction details in your browser.

Another method is to use the smartbit API.

https://www.smartbit.com.au/

Enter your transaction reference in the box provided, hit enter, and on the right hand side click the 3 dots, and click "Transaction HEX". Bingo. Use that in the services below.

https://insight.bitpay.com/tx/send
https://blockchain.info/pushtx
https://blockexplorer.com/tx/send
https://coinb.in/#broadcast
https://chain.localbitcoins.com/tx/send
http://webbtc.com/relay_tx
https://www.smartbit.com.au/txs/pushtx
https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/pushtx/
https://www.antpool.com/user/prioritiseTransaction.htm?m=savePrioritiseTx
http://confirmtx.com
https://pool.viabtc.com/tools/txaccelerator/

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Gab0

Activity: 283
Merit: 127

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:36:42 AM

^ Very good contribution. Thank you!
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:47:15 AM

I would have expected some nice bear charts here now that the price is tanking.

Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 04:43:27 PM

I would have expected some nice bear charts here now that the price is tanking.

Give it a chance !  This is only the first move of the first stage in the potential bear market.

It takes most ppl by surprise, and they usually take a day or two to reach a judgement.

Looks very similar to the 2013-14 break at this stage, which I followed rather too closely !
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 09:11:04 PM

Hi Afrikoin, Thought I'd share my latest thoughts. I'm looking at Bitstamp with log price scale, 1w candles (Heikin Ashi)

In my view Bitcoin badly needs a healthy correction.

On this scale the correction now has not even registered a red candle yet.

Support was found at the top of the channel (small steep one) in classic retest after break out.

On the large bull channel bitcoin has penetrated into the top half of it, but now back below it. I have a feeling bitcoin could level off in a wedge pattern until start of Feb when it will most likely break upwards and begin, gigantic spike. Possible target at $50,000 would approximate same level of the first 2013 spike.

afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 09:24:06 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 10:02:23 PM by afbitcoins

EOS is the new KING in town.

Honestly guys, even at $10, EOS is a proper BUY and HODL!!

I agree EOS sounds like it could be huge. I don't hold any at the moment though. As I understand it EOS is not ready for any use yet and so for now is represented instead by a token  (hosted on etherium platform?). Or have I got it wrong? I think I'd feel a bit more confident once it is a native token on its own platform.
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:42:40 PM

Via Peter Brandt

https://twitter.com/PeterLBrandt/status/944357358477631488

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:45:03 PM

Corrections are healthy

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 01:46:00 PM

I guess now we have to wait for a bounce and see how it plays out.

I havent had a chance to look at charts and see if there is more info from EW POV

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 »
  Print  

Jump to: