Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:31:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is best way to buy Dash? Maidsafe? Ethereum?  (Read 4380 times)
miragecash (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 05:56:10 AM

Dash has some inherent qualities that might make it better than Bitcoin (not will but MIGHT);
1. privacy
2. speed of confirmation of transaction

So, I'm interested in buying it, but there's no localdashcoin.com or something like that. What do I do to buy it?! I'm NOT in the UK by the way.

P.S. I'm also interested in Maidsafe and Ethereum, but it seems like vaporware. I mean, there's no link to download a wallet for these two alt coins. Etherium has a "command line" interface?! They might as well have said that it runs on DOS, lol. Great ideas, but very poor implementation. As soon as they have wallets for download so I can verify personally the transaction confirmation times, then I'll be interested in them. I'll be watching these two and as soon as they leave the vaporware stage of development and become a real digital currency, I'll be most interested in buying in. I'll be skeptical until I see it in action on my computer. I mean, wouldn't Maidsafe be REAL SLOW because it has to fetch data from many places before I can download it on to my computer? Woudln't it be as slow as the TOR network, like dialup slow?! The architecture of data fetching seems similar between the two. Ethereum seems hokey, too. The developer said that it would be "prohibitively expensive" to host a simple jpeg file on the Etherium network. So, you want to describe a complex contract without pictures? Or a real estate deal without a map of the plot of land? Good luck! I'll have to actually use the Ethereum network and verify for myself its capabilities before I'll invest.

P.P.S. I've been studying altcoins lately and Dash seems to be the only one that has a clear advantage above Bitcoin while having clear utility NOW so that it's not vaporware, but real usable currency you can charge people with and receive payments with NOW.

Thanks ;0)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 06:37:11 AM

you could just use shapeshift.io - in case you don't know them: it's an instant exchange, no account or verification needed.

Check out BitShares too Smiley

G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 07:01:41 AM

"What is best way to buy Dash? Maidsafe? Ethereum?"

Either drunk, or under while chillin round the camp fire with your homies with a little less chromies, after promptly leaving the gene pool ofc.

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
miragecash (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 07:33:47 AM

you could just use shapeshift.io - in case you don't know them: it's an instant exchange, no account or verification needed.

I don't see how BitShares's "distributed autonomous companies" will work without strong A.I. I think it is a great idea but a bit ahead of its time. I mean, let's say that you have an "autonomous company" with a set of rules, right? However, the employees are all taking siestas and not taking their jobs seriously. The autonomous company fires them because the corporate rules mandate it due to not meeting quota, but the next batch of monkies, er employees are just as lazy! A human would walk through the factory floor and talk to the employees to figure things out, but an autonomous company can't, not without strong A.I. anyways.

studied the website and it makes no mention of time it will take to clear a transaction. Dash takes "seconds" using "supernodes". Bitcoin can take an hour for 30 to 60 confirmations. Also, lack of an installed wallet on my computer or mobile device, just an online wallet. so does that mean that the online wallet is "decentralized"? Does one developer control that wallet? and can run off with all the money like the Mt Gox guy? Also, no place to spend it. Not one. How to write smart contracts? Is there a coding for dummies? Or a GUI so I don't have to code to make smart contracts?
miragecash (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 07:48:51 AM

I did the calculations, shapeshift.io charges 10% per trade. That's steep. Any cheaper option?
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 07:51:18 AM

I did the calculations, shapeshift.io charges 10% per trade. That's steep. Any cheaper option?

metaexchange.info for BTC <> ETH comes to mind. as for your other questions, I forwarded them to people with a better technical insight than me Smiley

KhalDrago

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 09:48:33 AM

OP, a senior member perfectly knows where to buy them..this is more of a promotional thread. anon coins are done pretty much..pure hype no average joe gonna use.
BagHolder010

Activity: 283

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 09:58:38 AM

Either drunk, or under while chillin round the camp fire with your homies with a little less chromies, after promptly leaving the gene pool ofc.
OP, a senior member perfectly knows where to buy them..this is more of a promotional thread. anon coins are done pretty much..pure hype no average joe gonna use.

The Monero hater's are just to much!...Wow  Roll Eyes

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
tmpxeroc

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 12:53:17 PM

I don't see how BitShares's "distributed autonomous companies" will work without
strong A.I. I think it is a great idea but a bit ahead of its time. I mean,
let's say that you have an "autonomous company" with a set of rules, right?
However, the employees are all taking siestas and not taking their jobs
seriously. The autonomous company fires them because the corporate rules mandate
it due to not meeting quota, but the next batch of monkies, er employees are
just as lazy! A human would walk through the factory floor and talk to the
employees to figure things out, but an autonomous company can't, not without
strong A.I. anyways.
The DAC is not firing people on its own. Its the shareholders that feel their
needs are not met and thus fire people. Hence, you can establish a
trust-relation ship with shareholders over time. But if you fuck with the
shareholders once, they may not be willing to give a 2nd chance.

studied the website and it makes no mention of time it will take to clear a
transaction. Dash takes "seconds" using "supernodes". Bitcoin can take an hour
for 30 to 60 confirmations.
Shareholders are able to decide the block confirmation time. As we use DPOS,
there is absolutely no variance in the block times. Hence, as we start with a 5
sec block conf time, your transaction is cleared withing 5 seconds at most, and
2.5 seconds on average.

Also, lack of an installed wallet on my computer or
mobile device, just an online wallet. so does that mean that the online wallet
is "decentralized"?
There is a "core" (backbone) and a GUI (frontend). You can chose to run only the
GUI and connect to a public core (Crypto stuff happens in the GUI locally) or
you choose to go more decentralized and run your own core client.

This has also nothing to do with "centralization" because the number of block signers
is what gives the "decentralization". .. and with BTS2 we will start of with 101
of them.

Does one developer control that wallet? and can run off
with all the money like the Mt Gox guy?
Nop.

Also, no place to spend it. Not one.
Where could you spend Bitcoin back in 2009? Name one!

How to write smart contracts? Is there a coding for dummies?
Or a GUI so I
don't have to code to make smart contracts?
Just because BitShares is a smart contracts platform does not imply you can put
your stuff in there as simple as in ethereum. Smart contracts have to be
developed carefully because they need shareholder approval to get integrated.
Not just plug and "play" as in ethereum.
G2M

Activity: 280

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 01:14:02 PM

The Monero hater's are just to much!...Wow  Roll Eyes

hehe, I forgot the best way to buy: With a gun to your head!

I mean, who could say no? Cheesy

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:59:12 PM

Dash, Maidsafe, and  Ethereum all trade on Poloniex https://poloniex.com/. I have dealt with Poloniex for over a year trading Monero and never had any problems.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
miragecash (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 04:48:11 PM

Wha?! Promotional thread? Please notice how I wrote in all CAPS, "MIGHT" be better than bitcoin. The jury's still out with me. I haven't decided yet. I didn't say that it IS better than bitcoin.

Anyways, I've been thinking, money has several properties;
medium of exchange; a unit of account; a store of value; and, sometimes, a standard of deferred payment.

Bitcoin's biggest problem is that it's a lousy standard of deferred payment due to its volatility. However, Maidsafe's coin value is a direct derivative of the cost of hard drive space. That should give it a stable value and should solve the volatility problem, HYPOTHETICALLY (dunno if this would happen in reality because they haven't rolled out Maidsafe, yet).

As regards to Monero, I don't see any clear SUBSTANTIAL advantage over all the other countless alt coins out there.

Maidsafe seems the most promising but until they roll it out and I've downloaded my first file from their network, it's still vaporware. I'm gonna keep a close eye on that one, but I won't invest just yet. Of particular interest are;
1. speed of network.
2. speed of confirmation.
3. privacy or anonymity of expenditures.
4. stability of price of the Maidsafe currency.

Bitcoin has problems with 2, 3 & 4. Dash seems to have solved 2 & 3, but 4 is still a problem with Dash. I want to buy just a dash of Dash and keep my eyeball on Maidsafe for now but not invest yet.
benthach
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 04:52:23 PM

do not buy these coins

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
miragecash (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 05:02:48 PM

Also, no place to spend it. Not one.
Where could you spend Bitcoin back in 2009? Name one!

Bit it ain't 2009 no 'mo. In 2009, the concept of cryptocurrency itself was unestablished and unknown. Now, people know about it and it has been established as at least digital wampums even with skeptics. In 2015, you're not trying to prove the viability of the concept of cryptocurrency, but you're just trying to prove the viability of YOUR cryptocurrency. Money is only money if you can spend it.

With Dash, you could at least buy some seeds of dubious legality, hot sauce, VPN service, and a restaurant meal in a Quebec.

Even in the early days of Bitcoin, you could buy pizza and honey.

Basically, I really want to invest in Maidsafe but, they've got to;
1. roll out the network so people could start using it.
2. at the very least, I should be able to pay for file hosting with it. I mean, that's what it is supposed to be used for, right? Hot sauce, pizza, and honey are a bonus.
cryptodromeda

Activity: 212

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 06:10:17 PM

Damn. Some traders are clueless.

Do you own a pair of Dre Beats by any chance?

It's a kind of blindness that reason alone cannot cure.
bitcart

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

www.bitcart.io

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 08:10:52 PM

https://localbitcoins.com/ad/219804/cash-out-your-bitcoins-other-online-wallet-ethereum

www.bitcart.io
Bitcart - spend bitcoins online and save!
Buy Amazon gift cards with bitcoin and save up to 20% off
Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 10:27:52 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 08:59:18 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 10:28:17 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2015, 10:43:28 PM by AdamWhite

A full member that doesn't know about alt exchanges? Nice try LOL  

These dash shills are getting so desperate it's almost sad to watch. Yeah, let's go buy a shitcoin with a massive intentional instamine fraud that's about to be delisted from Bitfinex. ROFL

How to launch a shitcoin scam in just 4 easy steps!

Step 1. Mislead as many people as possible about the launch time. Like so:

Ok now it insta crashes when I type "setgenerate true".

Time to go to bed and try again next week?

Yeah, let's do that. I obviously need to do some more testing. Thanks everyone!

Best thing to do I guess. Please, confirm you won't be launching after some minutes/hours even if you fix it, and the sooner would be tomorrow, thanks.

Definitely not. I'll also follow up with this post when I do set a time.

"Definitely not."  

We all know he went on to launch it a couple of hours later, despite his confirmation that he'd wait until the next day at the earliest. Bravo Evan, you're a class act. The pinnacle of integrity and professionalism.

Step 2. INSTAMINE! INSTAMINE! INSTAMINE!

Instamine! Once again Evan has set a fine example here with his Linux-only release. This ensures an optimal instamine period without any pesky windows lamers getting in the way of it. TIP: The more successful you are with Step 1, the more it will help your instamine in Step 2.

It's also important to ignore questions about the huge instamine for as long as possible. Deny it ever happened. Viciously attack anyone who posts irrefutable proof of the massive instamine scam. Try to discredit them. Call them trolls and put their names on "troll lists."

Bonus points if you advertise "No premine" in your ANN title like Evan has done here (despite the massive 1.5 million instamine in the first 8 hours of launch).  Did i mention the integrity and professionalism?

Step 3. Lower the total supply and cut the mining rewards drastically once you're done instamining. This is a no-brainer!

-Lower the supply of coins that can ever exist from 80 million to 20 million.
-Cut the mining reward from 500 coins per block to 5 coins per block.

No one will notice. If they do, we'll just call them trolls, try to discredit them and put them on "troll lists" (see Step 2)

Step 4. If people start catching on to the scam, no problem. Change your name! Then change it again!
miragecash (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 04:00:32 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2015, 04:22:35 AM by miragecash

P.P.S. Yup, you're right. At 00:50AM, the developer said that mining will start at 11PM EST. But, at 5:00AM, someone said that he's "happily mining." No announcement was made for the change in mining start time. I think he just PM'ed a few peeps and then rolled out the NCO without a public announcement. That's not nice. If he wanted to keep more coins for himself and other developers for their efforts with premining, that's fine, just be upfront about it. He's the developer, so he has the right to do so. Even Satoshi Nakamoto kept 10% of the BTC for himself. However he should've been more upfront about it.

I dunno, I don't think that there are any other alt coins out there worth investing in to hedge my bets. I wanna invest in an alt coin because, remember Myspace? Everyone was using that, but BANG, all of a sudden everyone switched to Facebook. In case everyone switched to something other than Bitcoin, I wanna be invested in all the best cryptos so I can hedge my bets. However, there doesn't seem to be anything else worthwhile?!

Ethereum, Maidsafe = vaporware.
Dash = maybe not so good business practices.
Lightcoin = no clear & significant advantage over Bitcoin.
Ripple = not decentralized, dangers of being a puppet of a government or being brought down by the government.
Dogecoin = a cute dog is the symbol for it. So what?!
Everything else = vaporware or capitalization is too small so it is too thinly traded and therefore illiquid and very risky gamble, not investment.

Any ideas, guys?

Thanks.

P.S. Nevermind, you already did post a link. II incorrectly thought that you only posted a pic of the link. I'll read it now. Thanks.

Original Post:
Not a shill. Sheesh, you're more paranoid than I am!

Anyways, I had not heard of this. Could you please post a link to the thread where he says, he will "definitely not" launch the coin in a couple of hours but "tomorrow", then goes on to launch the coin in a couple of hours. If he really did this, then it would be kinda rotten. I thought that the "instamine" scandal was only because a few people did not have Linux installed on their computers. I didn't know that there was deception involved.

Thanks.

A full member that doesn't know about alt exchanges? Nice try LOL  

These dash shills are getting so desperate it's almost sad to watch. Yeah, let's go buy a shitcoin with a massive intentional instamine fraud that's about to be delisted from Bitfinex. ROFL

How to launch a shitcoin scam in just 4 easy steps!

Step 1. Mislead as many people as possible about the launch time. Like so:

Ok now it insta crashes when I type "setgenerate true".

Time to go to bed and try again next week?

Yeah, let's do that. I obviously need to do some more testing. Thanks everyone!

Best thing to do I guess. Please, confirm you won't be launching after some minutes/hours even if you fix it, and the sooner would be tomorrow, thanks.

Definitely not. I'll also follow up with this post when I do set a time.

"Definitely not."  

We all know he went on to launch it a couple of hours later, despite his confirmation that he'd wait until the next day at the earliest. Bravo Evan, you're a class act. The pinnacle of integrity and professionalism.

Step 2. INSTAMINE! INSTAMINE! INSTAMINE!

Instamine! Once again Evan has set a fine example here with his Linux-only release. This ensures an optimal instamine period without any pesky windows lamers getting in the way of it. TIP: The more successful you are with Step 1, the more it will help your instamine in Step 2.

It's also important to ignore questions about the huge instamine for as long as possible. Deny it ever happened. Viciously attack anyone who posts irrefutable proof of the massive instamine scam. Try to discredit them. Call them trolls and put their names on "troll lists."

Bonus points if you advertise "No premine" in your ANN title like Evan has done here (despite the massive 1.5 million instamine in the first 8 hours of launch).  Did i mention the integrity and professionalism?

Step 3. Lower the total supply and cut the mining rewards drastically once you're done instamining. This is a no-brainer!

-Lower the supply of coins that can ever exist from 80 million to 20 million.
-Cut the mining reward from 500 coins per block to 5 coins per block.

No one will notice. If they do, we'll just call them trolls, try to discredit them and put them on "troll lists" (see Step 2)

Step 4. If people start catching on to the scam, no problem. Change your name! Then change it again!

AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:42:52 PM

P.P.S. Yup, you're right. At 00:50AM, the developer said that mining will start at 11PM EST. But, at 5:00AM, someone said that he's "happily mining." No announcement was made for the change in mining start time. I think he just PM'ed a few peeps and then rolled out the NCO without a public announcement. That's not nice. If he wanted to keep more coins for himself and other developers for their efforts with premining, that's fine, just be upfront about it. He's the developer, so he has the right to do so. Even Satoshi Nakamoto kept 10% of the BTC for himself. However he should've been more upfront about it.

I dunno, I don't think that there are any other alt coins out there worth investing in to hedge my bets. I wanna invest in an alt coin because, remember Myspace? Everyone was using that, but BANG, all of a sudden everyone switched to Facebook. In case everyone switched to something other than Bitcoin, I wanna be invested in all the best cryptos so I can hedge my bets. However, there doesn't seem to be anything else worthwhile?!

Ethereum, Maidsafe = vaporware.
Dash = maybe not so good business practices.
Lightcoin = no clear & significant advantage over Bitcoin.
Ripple = not decentralized, dangers of being a puppet of a government or being brought down by the government.
Dogecoin = a cute dog is the symbol for it. So what?!
Everything else = vaporware or capitalization is too small so it is too thinly traded and therefore illiquid and very risky gamble, not investment.

Any ideas, guys?

Thanks.

P.S. Nevermind, you already did post a link. II incorrectly thought that you only posted a pic of the link. I'll read it now. Thanks.

Original Post:
Not a shill. Sheesh, you're more paranoid than I am!

Anyways, I had not heard of this. Could you please post a link to the thread where he says, he will "definitely not" launch the coin in a couple of hours but "tomorrow", then goes on to launch the coin in a couple of hours. If he really did this, then it would be kinda rotten. I thought that the "instamine" scandal was only because a few people did not have Linux installed on their computers. I didn't know that there was deception involved.

Thanks.

Thanks for your post. Yes, the deception is the crux of the issue. Nothing wrong with coins that are upfront about their big development premines like Storj and Guldencoin
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: