Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:56:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I withdraw my coins from Bitfinex?  (Read 4972 times)
madjules007

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:50:40 PM

The best place is always your own computer

good luck with a currency which has 0 liquidity.

It's pretty stupid to say it's wrong to keep your coins on a exchange if you are trading them.

well there is always the middle ground.. i keep most of my coins in cold storage, and i have some on coinbase exchange where i been trading..

without active traders Bitcoin would be dead.

Including the "traders" who have shorted her into the mud? That's the kind of dead she could do without.

Do you think the PBOC banning the shorting of stocks brought confidence to the market? Tongue

Traders, leveraged or not, create the liquidity that allows one to buy or sell bitcoins. Without them, there is hardly any market to speak of. And shorts create buy-side demand...... just as longs create supply....

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
secousa

Activity: 203
Merit: 151

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 10:05:26 PM

@OP fishiness doesn't stop at just the crap going on today. BFX has had a history of fishiness.

All the non-bitcoinica stuff was developed by a user named "myself"? those features alone are what made BFX as big as it is today, otherwise ppl would never have flocked there. Guess what? the guy got the boot after BFX felt there was no need for him. Had they been smart and kept him on, you wouldn't see the lag you see on their site today.

Don't panic about BFX. Run.

Will work for BTC. 13CcdYdeTLH9GxKWpeNh7aAoFokbUTQZRu
http://bit-sim.trade
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 10:28:42 PM

@OP fishiness doesn't stop at just the crap going on today. BFX has had a history of fishiness.

All the non-bitcoinica stuff was developed by a user named "myself"? those features alone are what made BFX as big as it is today, otherwise ppl would never have flocked there. Guess what? the guy got the boot after BFX felt there was no need for him. Had they been smart and kept him on, you wouldn't see the lag you see on their site today.

well if your exchange does not have technical problems then you wont have technical glitches that forces you to stop trading during margin calls cascades and stop withdrawals. that is why bitfinex is working real hard on their technical problems.
secousa

Activity: 203
Merit: 151

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 10:31:30 PM

well if your exchange does not have technical problems then you cant have technical glitches that forces you to stop trading during margin calls cascades and stop withdrawals. that is why bitfinex is working real hard on their technical problems.

its proven that bitfinex owners/employees trade on their own platform.

why is it so hard to fathom that bitfinex is crashing the market to fulfill their own buy orders?
someone in bitfinex needs money, and now they got your cheap coins. the technical side just plays into the scam.

Will work for BTC. 13CcdYdeTLH9GxKWpeNh7aAoFokbUTQZRu
http://bit-sim.trade
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:02:33 PM

well if your exchange does not have technical problems then you cant have technical glitches that forces you to stop trading during margin calls cascades and stop withdrawals. that is why bitfinex is working real hard on their technical problems.

why is it so hard to fathom that bitfinex is crashing the market to fulfill their own buy orders?
someone in bitfinex needs money, and now they got your cheap coins. the technical side just plays into the scam.

i dont trade on bitfinex.. i'm just saying that if you dont have technical problems then you wont have technical glitches.. bitfinex is working very hard on their technical glitches that is causing them to stop trading and halt withdrawals. that is all i really know about the situation over there. everything i read makes me think they might collapse. i dont really know though. 
TReano

Activity: 448
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:45:39 PM

i dont trade on bitfinex.. i'm just saying that if you dont have technical problems then you wont have technical glitches.. bitfinex is working very hard on their technical glitches that is causing them to stop trading and halt withdrawals. that is all i really know about the situation over there. everything i read makes me think they might collapse. i dont really know though. 

CTO said yesterday they have still no clue how to fix the problem. Therefor it will not get better anytime soon.

Good luck staying there and praying to not lose money in the next volatile phase..
pleaseexplainagain

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:51:56 PM

CTO said yesterday they have still no clue how to fix the problem. Therefor it will not get better anytime soon.

Good luck staying there and praying to not lose money in the next volatile phase..

everything is different with bitcoin. i do not think for one moment the people asking should they stay with bitfinex would stay with their bank if it was so dodgy or just plain inept nor stay with their plumber or local fast food outlet. Its proven to have problems and is not overcoming them so leave. Would you let your plumber block your toilet and then say he cannot come back as he has more important jobs to do...........
Bitcoin365

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 01:50:47 PM

source of the CTO statement?
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 02:52:06 PM

source of the CTO statement?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934638.msg12179591#msg12179591

Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 11:13:45 PM

I officially moved my trading funds to Kraken. Smiley

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
gotmilk_

Activity: 442

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 12:36:09 AM

If anyone missed that:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/3l82c5/email_from_cftc_regarding_bitfinex_trading/
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 07:00:22 AM

Kraken is a pretty awesome exchange Smiley Low fees for withdrawing fiat as well, which is quite amazing. Hope the volume can increase a bit more there Smiley
Suntouri

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 06:40:11 PM

fees are lower there?
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 08:57:58 AM

fees are lower there?

bitfinex has a bit lower fees. they are seperated in 'maker fees 0.1%' and 'taker fees 0.2%' kraken has a fixed fee of 0.26% for people who's volume is less than $10K in value. op isn't going to get cheeper fees.
miketouchteam

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 12:53:15 PM

fees are lower there?

bitfinex has a bit lower fees. they are seperated in 'maker fees 0.1%' and 'taker fees 0.2%' kraken has a fixed fee of 0.26% for people who's volume is less than $10K in value. op isn't going to get cheeper fees.

But kraken is REALLY reliable. I trust them a lot more than I trust finex, ohh but the volume is lower so it might not work out very well for day traders.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 02:31:08 PM

Well i haven't use their service before but with the news of lost btc making headlines i would be real cautious. Just prepare for the best and always ask yourself is it worth to continue to take the risk?

var53

Activity: 345

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:23:53 PM

Can the US prosecute Bitfinex somehow? I read a comment that said the US wanted to prosecute Gox, and got all the banks to stop processing USD withdrawals from its bank. It said before Gox went bankrupt you could only withdraw in Japanese, Polish, and some other currencies, not in USD. I know Bitfinex changed its bank a few times in the last month. Could pressure from the US force the banks to stop processing USD withdrawals from Bitfinex?
gotmilk_

Activity: 442

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 06:40:38 PM

Can the US prosecute Bitfinex somehow? I read a comment that said the US wanted to prosecute Gox, and got all the banks to stop processing USD withdrawals from its bank. It said before Gox went bankrupt you could only withdraw in Japanese, Polish, and some other currencies, not in USD. I know Bitfinex changed its bank a few times in the last month. Could pressure from the US force the banks to stop processing USD withdrawals from Bitfinex?

Yep that's true... I did my last SEPA withdraw in early November 2013. US withdraws were long unavailable at that time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mt._Gox
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: