Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:56:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 588 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 713516 times)
botija

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 07:52:44 AM

Warning: the "Correlation between Blocktime and DECENT ICO Bonus" is bullshit

According to decent's website
https://decent.ch/correlation-blocktime-decent-ico-bonus/
Therefore, all the transactions conducted during the lifespan of the final block will be considered valid and the 50% bonus will be applied. However, only the last block of the ten million will be affected this way. The following block will only have a sale of 10%, applying the first week sale. That is even if the transaction has been executed within the first day.

Since Decent asks you to create an account and allow you to send Bitcoins from an exchange, it will give you a specific address, and will transfer the BTC you sent to the main address. There will therefore be two transactions, the one you placed to their specific address, and the one where they transfer the coins you sent to the multisig. Now, we are lucky, they did some testing on the multiig address, so let's look at a typical transaction

Here we have a test transfer from a specific address to the multisig: test transaction.
Do you notice something strange? That's right, the transaction free is 0.00001914 BTC, this is a low priority transaction fee, which means that under high traffic conditions (like when there is a rush to be first to send money to an ICO), that transaction will likely be put in the backlog until there is enough space in a block.

Now let's look at the test transaction to the specific address, before the balance was transfered to the multisig: here.
See the transcation fee they set? 0.0001243 BTC. Now, that's a better fee than what Poloniex is using!

Why the double standard you will ask?

That's the trick! No matter how high a fee you use to send the coins to the specific address assigned to you for the crowdsale, your payment will be forwarded by Decent to the multisig address with a shity subpar transaction fee. Of course a large whale transaction in the same block will have to have scaled fees and will be much more attractive to the miners. So no matter what, their large investor partners gets to have a 50% bonus, and the small guys with fight for the bread crumbs with most pople ending up with a 10% bonus they didn't appove of

There will be big s*** in this thread and any subsequent self-moderated threads if they screw the investors over with funny stuff. I am sure there will be blockchain analysis afterwards to pick up any manipulations and if they are caught out it will be the end of their project as most of crypto is based on trust. I doubt they will be as stupid to do what you said especially after you brought it up.

Obviously there's more to than what meets the eye.

If you look back to August, I was so proud of this Decent team and their willingness to modify every aspect of the bounties over the valid concerns of the people participating in this thread. For example, a lot of people had concerns over sock puppets starting new accounts, so they thank everyone for the suggestions and modified the rules that accounts created after Aug 3 won't be accepted. Some people raised concerns over something about Facebook, those who liked the Decent Facebook page before the 3rd not being counted for a stake or something. Don't remember exactly, but they saw the logic in the concerns and modified things. And now so many people are having the most legitimate concern in terms of fairness. Bringing up examples like the two accounts from Ant Shares who invested 1,000 and 500 BTCs, and how such transactions will take priority over smaller investments, etc. And their responses ignore the concern and just give a generic answer ignoring the logic of the concern. Like "Everyone will have the same opportunity to invest," or "As long as your transaction is in the same block you will get the bonus." We know that, but that's not the point of our concerns. That would be the response to the example of bigger transactions getting priority. That would be the response to the question of what would happen to those who in the event where they send their BTC 1 minute after the ICO start, not getting a bonus because a whale took it all. And so on. Not everyone pressing refresh every few seconds is going to start right at the same time. Not everyone is going to create an ICO account at the same speed.

So obviously there's some backroom agenda going on.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DECENT (OP)

Activity: 1234
Merit: 528

Decentralized Content Distribution

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 09:04:01 AM

Or if you guys want to keep the 50% bonus, don't give it a set limit of BTC where whales can come in the 1st minute, and screw everybody who came in 2 minutes later, expecting to buy with a 50% bonus. Instead make so that the 1st 2 hours anyone will get a 50% bonus. Because the way it is right now it's bound to piss off a lot of people.

İ think that the limit should be even lower maybe 5m coins. My opinion..

We are not changing the announced ICO conditions. Currently we are working on fixing the technical issues to have everything ready for tomorrow.
Stay tuned!

smb sent 2.5 btc on ico addres https://blockchain.info/address/33WDB3nsVHH5qafCAriPb8Jmb1e3ptsY4h
Yes those are our personal funds. We tested things with them they wont be counted in the ICO.
Where can I see my BTC ICO address?

You can see it in your personal account in our ICO platform.
where can i find my personal account?

x2
Where can I find my personal account?

I mean, I read your blog post about the step by step, but I cannot perform step 1. Where do I click to see that login/registration window?

Thank you.

All of this will be available with the start of ICO.

▄████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████████▀
████████████▀        ▄███▄
█████████▀        ▄███████
 ▀████▀        ▄██████████
              ████████████
               ▀██████████
                  ▀███████
                     ▀███▀
D E C E N T
......███████████▄▄       ▄▄███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄   ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████████████████████████
███         ▀███▄███▀                 ▄▄██████▄▄       ▄█████▀   ▄▄██████▄▄ 
███          ▀█████▀                 ████▀▀▀▀████     ███▀▀▀    ████▀▀▀▀████
███           ▄███▀                 ███▀      ▀███   ███▀      ███▀      ▀███
███          ▄█████▄                ███        ███   ███       ██████████████
███         ▄███▀███▄               ███▄      ▄███   ███       ███▄██████████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ████▄▄▄▄████    ███        ████▄▄▄▄████
███████████▀▀       ▀▀████████████▄   ▀▀██████▀▀     ███         ▀▀██████▀▀██
Blockchain you can actually build on.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀     ██████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄▀   ███████
██████▄    ▄▄█▀    ████████
█████████▄██▀      ████████
▀██████████▄▄    ████████▀
▀████████▄█████▄████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Join our
discussion
polister

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 09:29:39 AM

What when DDOS atacks are beginning one minute before ICO (like with LISK Mainnet Start) and only a few get the 50% bonus ...

Looks like a plan for desaster  Shocked

usefree

Activity: 390
Merit: 251

Mamihlapinatapai

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 10:02:24 AM

If you look back to August, I was so proud of this Decent team and their willingness to modify every aspect of the bounties over the valid concerns of the people participating in this thread. For example, a lot of people had concerns over sock puppets starting new accounts, so they thank everyone for the suggestions and modified the rules that accounts created after Aug 3 won't be accepted. Some people raised concerns over something about Facebook, those who liked the Decent Facebook page before the 3rd not being counted for a stake or something. Don't remember exactly, but they saw the logic in the concerns and modified things. And now so many people are having the most legitimate concern in terms of fairness. Bringing up examples like the two accounts from Ant Shares who invested 1,000 and 500 BTCs, and how such transactions will take priority over smaller investments, etc. And their responses ignore the concern and just give a generic answer ignoring the logic of the concern. Like "Everyone will have the same opportunity to invest," or "As long as your transaction is in the same block you will get the bonus." We know that, but that's not the point of our concerns. That would be the response to the example of bigger transactions getting priority. That would be the response to the question of what would happen to those who in the event where they send their BTC 1 minute after the ICO start, not getting a bonus because a whale took it all. And so on. Not everyone pressing refresh every few seconds is going to start right at the same time. Not everyone is going to create an ICO account at the same speed.

Don't worry, people. @matmichalko from slack promised to answer.
matmichalko

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 10:20:39 AM

Don't worry, people. @matmichalko from slack promised to answer.

Just reposting my answer from Slack:

"To answer this in short: There is no "backroom agenda” as pointed in that post. We want to let everyone to have equal chances to participate. We will give more details about this soon."

szachta

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 10:31:19 AM

Why my firewall block site https://ico.decent.ch/ ?
DECENT (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 10:37:17 AM

Why my firewall block site https://ico.decent.ch/ ?

The link will be active at 1:00pm GMT

▄████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████████▀
              ████████████
               ▀██████████
                  ▀███████
                     ▀███▀
D E C E N T
......███████████▄▄       ▄▄███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Join our
discussion
jacaf01

Activity: 742

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 10:57:20 AM

I really want to invest in this, but this ICO mess can really cause some big negativity.

Also, I sent some Bitcoins from Polo to my wallet, and it took almost 3 hours for Polo to start processing it. No transaction ID until almost 3 hours. That's a warning for those who are planning to use an exchange, it just won't work with this ICO set up.

I believe sending from exchange will be faster, and again it all depends on the number of confirmations required for the deposit to be active by Decent team, most of the ICO I've participated in require 2 confirmations

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
jacaf01

Activity: 742

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 11:09:33 AM

Therefore, all the transactions conducted during the lifespan of the final block will be considered valid and the 50% bonus will be applied. However, only the last block of the ten million will be affected this way. The following block will only have a sale of 10%, applying the first week sale. That is even if the transaction has been executed within the first day.

Since Decent asks you to create an account and allow you to send Bitcoins from an exchange, it will give you a specific address, and will transfer the BTC you sent to the main address. There will therefore be two transactions, the one you placed to their specific address, and the one where they transfer the coins you sent to the multisig. Now, we are lucky, they did some testing on the multiig address, so let's look at a typical transaction

Here we have a test transfer from a specific address to the multisig: test transaction.
Do you notice something strange? That's right, the transaction free is 0.00001914 BTC, this is a low priority transaction fee, which means that under high traffic conditions (like when there is a rush to be first to send money to an ICO), that transaction will likely be put in the backlog until there is enough space in a block.

Now let's look at the test transaction to the specific address, before the balance was transfered to the multisig: here.
See the transcation fee they set? 0.0001243 BTC. Now, that's a better fee than what Poloniex is using!

That's the trick! No matter how high a fee you use to send the coins to the specific address assigned to you for the crowdsale, your payment will be forwarded by Decent to the multisig address with a shity subpar transaction fee. Of course a large whale transaction in the same block will have to have scaled fees and will be much more attractive to the miners. So no matter what, their large investor partners gets to have a 50% bonus, and the small guys with fight for the bread crumbs with most pople ending up with a 10% bonus they didn't appove of

There will be big s*** in this thread and any subsequent self-moderated threads if they screw the investors over with funny stuff. I am sure there will be blockchain analysis afterwards to pick up any manipulations and if they are caught out it will be the end of their project as most of crypto is based on trust. I doubt they will be as stupid to do what you said especially after you brought it up.

I was also critical of this 50% bonus, but I have think about it, and looking at it from the developer's angle they need to acquire has many Bitcoin has possible, in theory the project looks fantastic but requires a huge  capital to go against Netflux and co. and if the project failed/stalled the small investors will be the ones spreading FUD up and down on social media damaging the image of the developers or have you see any Whale shouting about their investment in any failed project and we should also remember there is no project that is fail-proof DAO is a good example and the Higher the reward, the Higher the risk.

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 11:12:33 AM

I consider to participate on the ICO starting in around two hours. What will be the final token amount of Decent? I just found the distribution on a percentage basis but not the final amount.
madlotus

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 11:27:37 AM

Not Found

The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Sad
matmichalko

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 11:29:28 AM

Not Found

The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Sad

The link will be active in 90 minutes.

sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 11:37:02 AM

Damn thats a fucking fishy ICO construct.

Release is 2017 but I guess its already time to drop that classic gif 

DECENT (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 11:44:56 AM

I consider to participate on the ICO starting in around two hours. What will be the final token amount of Decent? I just found the distribution on a percentage basis but not the final amount.

The final amount of DCT will be determined by ICO results. DCT distributed during ICO will represent 70% of the total DCT ever issued.

▄████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████████▀
              ████████████
               ▀██████████
                  ▀███████
                     ▀███▀
D E C E N T
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Join our
discussion
DECENT (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 11:53:57 AM

DECENT ICO link: https://ico.decent.ch
Please note the link will be active in one hour and 15 minutes at 1:00pm GMT!

It is INACTIVE at the moment

▄████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████████▀
              ████████████
               ▀██████████
                  ▀███████
                     ▀███▀
D E C E N T
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Join our
discussion
ciro1

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

Bitcore (BTX) - Your Payment Coin

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 11:55:36 AM

I was also critical of this 50% bonus, but I have think about it, and looking at it from the developer's angle they need to acquire has many Bitcoin has possible, in theory the project looks fantastic but requires a huge  capital to go against Netflux and co. and if the project failed/stalled the small investors will be the ones spreading FUD up and down on social media damaging the image of the developers or have you see any Whale shouting about their investment in any failed project and we should also remember there is no project that is fail-proof DAO is a good example and the Higher the reward, the Higher the risk.

I do agree with the funding. This is a very huge and interesting project, it's not impossible to achieve but it does need a shit load of whales to help it...I love whales, they can make or break a project depending on their interest on the project...if I am a whale I wont loose a sec of sleep just to get 50% bonus, I would be by the sea side resting my head and get in the project at my free time...Even a baby whale won't struggle for 50%, only cat-fishes does coz they are often not calm.

╔═╗ ╦ ═╦═╔══╔══╗╔══╗╔══          OFFICIAL WEBSITE | TWITTER  | FACEBOOK
==== ╠═╝╗║  ║ ║  ║  ║╠═╔╝╠══ ====    OFFICIAL F.A.Q.  | TELEGRAM | TECHCHART    
     ╚══╝╩  ╩ ╚══╚══╝╚ ╚═╚══          10 MB, segwit, BTC -> BTX, airdrops +++
bones

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 12:07:11 PM

insecure connection  msg from firefox    Roll Eyes
HomoHenning

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 12:07:58 PM

NOT AVAILABLE AND ITS 1 PM?Huh
matmichalko

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 12:08:21 PM

insecure connection  msg from firefox    Roll Eyes

We will use a valid SSL certificate. The link becomes active in ~50 minutes. The connection will be secured.

matmichalko

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 12:09:41 PM

NOT AVAILABLE AND ITS 1 PM?Huh

~50 minutes to go.

Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 588 »
  Print  

Jump to: