Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:20:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best bitcoin wallet?  (Read 47141 times)
Franciem

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Real power doesnt hit hard,but right to the target

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:36:40 AM

I use coinbase web "wallet" too, it is easy to manipulate.
The UI is clean (blue and white) and i can easily send and receive bitcoins.
When their website gets offline i have no access to my bitcoins, so basically they own my bitcoins, not much safe.

What that's mean about "easy to manipulate"?

Basically coinbase is exchanger.

may be he use 1 bitcoin adddress only 1time, or maybe he want to mixing his bitcoin
send btc to coinbase, sell it with usd and buy back after it your bitcoin get mixing Smiley

but i think xapo is better to do it

Nowadays there are many bitcoin mixer, and the number is just growing, that could work too,
Both coinbase and xapo does not give you private key but their service is good.
But if you want to mix then buying alt coins and selling to other exchange should work too.

i am not 100% sure but as far as i know you have to give your personal information to wallet service providers like coinbase and xapo.
so as a result the mixing part is useless, because the purpose of using mixers is staying anonymous which you won't have when using xapo or coinbase.

but coinbase and xapo never share my document to other people
i still trust xapo and coinbase

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
prodigy8

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:42:01 AM

When their website gets offline i have no access to my bitcoins, so basically they own my bitcoins, not much safe.

may be he use 1 bitcoin adddress only 1time, or maybe he want to mixing his bitcoin
send btc to coinbase, sell it with usd and buy back after it your bitcoin get mixing Smiley

Nowadays there are many bitcoin mixer, and the number is just growing, that could work too,
But if you want to mix then buying alt coins and selling to other exchange should work too.

i am not 100% sure but as far as i know you have to give your personal information to wallet service providers like coinbase and xapo.
so as a result the mixing part is useless, because the purpose of using mixers is staying anonymous which you won't have when using xapo or coinbase.

Who said that? They said that will not share but if you do any suspicious activity then we will see if they share or not.

Like if you receive payments from "stolen" funds which are track-able then they can block your account, that's what i heard.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:44:13 AM

first of all , the anonymity is something that not everybody cares about. for instance i don't care "that much" if anybody can trace my transactions to me.

on the other hand trust has degrees, and since xapo and coinbse don't give my any private keys and i only have an "account" i don't trust them one bit.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
prodigy8

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:53:28 AM

first of all , the anonymity is something that not everybody cares about. for instance i don't care "that much" if anybody can trace my transactions to me.

on the other hand trust has degrees, and since xapo and coinbse don't give my any private keys and i only have an "account" i don't trust them one bit.

That's more important but the purpose of the bitcoin is to stay anonymous but most of people does not care.
Since they do not provide you the private key our bitcoins aren't much safe, but their feature to trade is great even though the fee are a bit higher that other exchanges.
Franciem

Activity: 322

Real power doesnt hit hard,but right to the target

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 07:43:51 AM

that my personality statemnet i trust xapo and coinbase

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 07:52:36 AM

I have been used blockchain.info no huge download and everything just works instant, and it's easy, and I can access it from any computer I deem safe

if you have a copy of the blockchain, you can use core in any computer in a few seconds with a good ssd, and usually i would not access with my info from a public computer anyway

in that case i prfer a mobile wallet for accessing fund immediately
The real question is: why would you waste your SSD space on downloading blockchain? Is not speed of blockchain synchronization mainly limited by your download speed? Normal HDD would be sufficient imo.
Echye

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 08:02:21 AM

I use blockchain as it was the simplest wallet for me to use back when I started
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:49:23 PM

I use blockchain as it was the simplest wallet for me to use back when I started

It's not a bad wallet for a hot wallet if you need to spend some money.  But I still recommend you store most in cold wallets.

Paper wallet/offline wallet is better security wise.  Just a lot less risk.
marvingrey12

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 01:17:42 PM

Paper wallet for me
prodigy8

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 06:42:31 PM

I have been used blockchain.info no huge download and everything just works instant, and it's easy, and I can access it from any computer I deem safe

if you have a copy of the blockchain, you can use core in any computer in a few seconds with a good ssd, and usually i would not access with my info from a public computer anyway

in that case i prfer a mobile wallet for accessing fund immediately
The real question is: why would you waste your SSD space on downloading blockchain? Is not speed of blockchain synchronization mainly limited by your download speed? Normal HDD would be sufficient imo.

He is recommending SSD because the speed of SSD comparing to HDD is much more faster.

And you can use the bitcoin code more faster, personally i do not use bitcoin core and i don't want my HDD to be full of blockchain infos.
MR.Seller

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 12:22:45 AM

It's not a bad wallet for a hot wallet if you need to spend some money.  But I still recommend you store most in cold wallets.

I'm using blockchain also. Is there an offline wallet that is safe ?

^^^^Researcher^^^^
DomingoX6

Activity: 954
Merit: 346

♥ ♠ PlayBitcoinGames ♦ ♣

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 01:20:38 AM

I'm using Coinbase.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 02:03:03 AM

Trezor is the standard for bitcoin hardware wallets.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 04:07:25 AM

Trezor is the standard for bitcoin hardware wallets.

Hardware wallets are a better security then most sites, or live wallets.  But I still say cold wallets are king.

They don't cost much.  But if done right have the best security of any wallet.  But have to be done right.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 05:38:50 AM

nothing is safe unless you make it safe. try to read up on how to make a safe cold-storage. the articles and helps can be easily found on the internet or even on this forum.

just search for terms like "cold-storage" and "paper wallet" if you are into that.

Only Bitcoin
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 05:56:54 AM

I would stay away from paper wallets and get a Trezor. As long as you store your 24 word seed in a safe place you can step on your Trezor, ruin it, then just get a new one and restore from seed. You cannot lose your bitcoin and Trezor is convenient to use, even with a smartphone, something paper wallets never will be.

afriezalie

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 06:04:54 AM

There are two wallet types. If you want easy and fast access, I would say blockchain is the easiest wallet for me because I can access my wallet from my smartphone and notebook from anywhere. If you want secure access, probably bitcoin core is the best but you have to prepare big free space to use it.
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 06:52:40 AM

There are two wallet types. If you want easy and fast access, I would say blockchain is the easiest wallet for me because I can access my wallet from my smartphone and notebook from anywhere. If you want secure access, probably bitcoin core is the best but you have to prepare big free space to use it.

My suggestion is try BitGo, because the security features is better than blockchain wallet.
For your phone, i would suggest you MyCelium.
And if you won't to download the data for sync a bitcoin wallet on your PC, Electrum will solved your problem.
bytezero

Activity: 414

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 06:56:10 AM

If you truly want a hot wallet with a vault, look into coinbase.  They have something like that.  Also they are insured.

Some will not like it since KYC laws in US.  But it is a good one.  Still most should be in cold storage of your btc.
Insurance doesn't work with vault if you use 3 keys because you can move the funds without coinbase permissions so the insurance can't cover that.
afriezalie

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 07:02:06 AM

My suggestion is try BitGo, because the security features is better than blockchain wallet.
For your phone, i would suggest you MyCelium.
And if you won't to download the data for sync a bitcoin wallet on your PC, Electrum will solved your problem.
I have tried Electrum and I thing it's good enough for me Cheesy. But I don't know many things about bitcoin so I use blockchain, because it has so many users also modern interface. I haven't tried BitGo, maybe I will try it when I decided to withdraw my bitcoin from blockchain later if something happened with blockchain. I think blockchain security is good enough for me until right now.

Also I prefer to use hot wallet because I can send bitcoin from bitcoin since my main device is my notebook, but in some situations I have to transfer money without my notebook.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: