Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:02:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: question  (Read 4951 times)
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 01:15:49 AM

Honestly I'm not sure how you plan on changing this unless you run a large pool. The miners decide what chain they use and ultimately how that stuff works.

Miners indeed decide what chain they use but they will choose the most profitable one and they are not those who gives value to the chain. How big pockets will drive this is yet to be seen.

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 01:16:21 AM

Seek help. I am feeling increasingly sorry for you people, doing this must be no fun at all. How you got roped in, I do not know, but you all have my sympathies.

Simple, concise but no point like most of the time.

marky89

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 01:21:20 AM

Seek help. I am feeling increasingly sorry for you people, doing this must be no fun at all. How you got roped in, I do not know, but you all have my sympathies.

Ditto....my eyes are bleeding from reading the drivel in this thread. What was that you said about engaging people who are happy to present willfully dishonest arguments? I think I've lost the energy to fight the good fight....

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 01:22:13 AM

If you ever feel like truly opening up about why you're here, I for one will help you. No one deserves your present situation, I'm sure there could be an interesting story behind it. PM me if you ever have a change of heart.

Vires in numeris
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 01:33:29 AM

Ditto....my eyes are bleeding from reading the drivel in this thread. What was that you said about engaging people who are happy to present willfully dishonest arguments? I think I've lost the energy to fight the good fight....

I know, you're right. I just couldn't stand by and watch the people of this forum inflicted with blanket condemnation from these characters as a part of their arguments.

I've been very pleased to see you marky, as well as others, taking the shills on, you've done a better job than I could have wished for. I'm tired of this too, but I think we've won an important victory. XT and BIP100 have been discredited, no-one except the corporations are interested in either, and they have a combined hashrate of zero. Even despite the fact we could have been arguing with troll-bots the whole time  Cheesy (no wonder they're more relentless than the Seventh Day Adventists  Grin)

Vires in numeris
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 01:48:00 AM

If you ever feel like truly opening up about why you're here, I for one will help you. No one deserves your present situation, I'm sure there could be an interesting story behind it. PM me if you ever have a change of heart.

Why I am here is not really an interesting story. All I do care is that bitcoin is sound money not based on debts and that it gives the choice of full financial control over the individuals. Anything else for me is futile. It's just too bad you don't seem to understand how market and businesses work and how bitcoin fits in all this. I don't know why I should need help as I am being just an observer at this point. You are the one that feel to fight something (XT is evil!) which puts you in a non impartial view, I am not.  

brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 02:18:08 AM

I know, you're right. I just couldn't stand by and watch the people of this forum inflicted with blanket condemnation from these characters as a part of their arguments.

I've been very pleased to see you marky, as well as others, taking the shills on, you've done a better job than I could have wished for. I'm tired of this too, but I think we've won an important victory. XT and BIP100 have been discredited, no-one except the corporations are interested in either, and they have a combined hashrate of zero. Even despite the fact we could have been arguing with troll-bots the whole time  Cheesy (no wonder they're more relentless than the Seventh Day Adventists  Grin)

And probably only a meager amount of BTC.

Because that's what the lunatic in this thread doesn't seem to realize. Fiat interests have no control over the Bitcoin world. That's the whole point of the thing. It doesn't matter if these corporations have billions of dollars behind them unless they become investors in Bitcoin and have a BTC balance to back up their claims.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 02:26:49 AM

Because that's what the lunatic in this thread doesn't seem to realize. Fiat interests have no control over the Bitcoin world. That's the whole point of the thing. It doesn't matter if these corporations have billions of dollars behind them unless they become investors in Bitcoin and have a BTC balance to back up their claims.

Exact. When I'm talking about the industry I'm talking about the bitcoin industry, those who have put money building infrastructures on top of bitcoin. Those who have big stack in that matter. Not those who are in control of fiat that have indeed no influence of what can happen in the bitcoin world.  

brg444

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 02:39:12 AM

Exact. When I'm talking about the industry I'm talking about the bitcoin industry, those who have put money building infrastructures on top of bitcoin. Those who have big stack in that matter. Not those who are in control of fiat that have indeed no influence of what can happen in the bitcoin world.  

Huh

You are one dense person  Cheesy

The "bitcoin industry" and their "infrastructure" other than the miners have little influence over these decisions. Now the exchanges might have some pull but wallet services or payment processor opinions really have no "weight" unless they have Bitcoin themselves to support it.

You don't get special status for being "in the industry". The "big pockets" you refer to are nothing but fiat interests with absolutely abysmal leverage over what will happen in the Bitcoin economy. It should be evident by now that these companies "reflections" on the issue have not moved the economic consensus balance by an inch. They got behind an half-baked solution that grows irrelevant by the day. Stop being obtuse and accept the situation for what it is:

You and your handlers have lost and we, the Bitcoiners, were not fooled.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 02:52:08 AM

Huh

The "bitcoin industry" and their "infrastructure" other than the miners have little influence over these decisions. Now the exchanges might have some pull but wallet services or payment processor opinions really have no "weight" unless they have Bitcoin themselves to support it.

You don't get special status for being "in the industry". The "big pockets" you refer to are nothing but fiat interests with absolutely abysmal leverage over what will happen in the Bitcoin economy. It should be evident by now that these companies "reflections" on the issue have not moved the economic consensus balance by an inch. They got behind an half-baked solution that grows irrelevant by the day. Stop being obtuse and accept the situation for what it is:

Lol dumbass, do you know how to value a fcking business? Exchanges and wallet services dont hold btc? And you got a nerve to tell someone densed?

Idiot. Your argument is similar to saying netflix, facebook amazon have little influence compared to ISP.

Who the fck are you? Calling yourself  "bitcoiner".
meono

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 02:55:16 AM

To all the fcking noobs who think miners have any influence to bitcoin value, where were you when btc crashed to below $2?

Yeah i thought so.
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 02:55:27 AM

Huh

You are one dense person  Cheesy

You really don't seem to get what kind of financial infrastructures is needed for bitcoin to become a functioning currency. These infrastructures are what will/are giving bitcoin the most value because it makes it useful for individuals and businesses to use it. Just think of exchanges which are the very low level, basic ones. Without them bitcoin would go nowhere. I invite you to learn more about how finance works. There is no war here, only a system that needs to be built to accommodate all participants for bitcoin to achieve its full blown potential. It's not that hard to understand that these businesses now need a clear path of how bitcoin will scale in the future and Core is failing to delivers that. If Core continues to fail to deliver in a timely manner, someone else will. Will it be XT is yet to be seen.

brg444

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 02:55:36 AM

Huh

Lol dumbass, do you know how to value a fcking business? Exchanges and wallet services dont hold btc? And you got a nerve to tell someone densed?

Idiot. Your argument is similar to saying netflix, facebook amazon have little influence compared to ISP.

Who the fck are you? Calling yourself  "bitcoiner".

Value a business  Huh

You don't actually think wallet services and exchanges are valued by their Bitcoin holdings  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

meono

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 02:58:52 AM

Huh

You are one dense person  Cheesy

Who the fck are you? Calling yourself  "bitcoiner".

Value a business  Huh

You don't actually think wallet services and exchanges are valued by their Bitcoin holdings  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

No thats not what i meant retard.

And holding an amount of any coin is more valuable than holding mining hardwares that can only mine such coin.

But idiots like you cant see further than your nose.
brg444

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 03:02:32 AM

You really don't seem to get what kind of financial infrastructures is needed for bitcoin to be a functioning currency. These infrastructures are what will/are giving bitcoin most value because it makes it useful for individuals and businesses to use it. Just think of exchanges which are the very low level, basic ones. Without them bitcoin would go nowhere. I invite you to learn more about how finance works. There is no war here, only a system that needs to be built to accommodate all participants for bitcoin to achieve its full blown potential. It's not that hard to understand that these businesses now need a clear path of how bitcoin will scale in the future and Core is failing to delivers that. If Core continues to fail to deliver in a timely manner, someone else will. Will it be XT is yet to be seen.

Look I'm not gonna argue the importance of exchanges but if you think blockchain.info, bitnet, bitgo, bitpay are relevant in this discussion you are fooling yourself. They operate in a marginal sector of the Bitcoin economy and they can fancy themselves "leaders" all they want their status amongst the reddit crowd does not impress anyone.

All of these are start-up companies riding VC money and most likely bleeding it as we speak. Some are addressing markets that have shown little demand so far from their service. Let's face it the retail venture of Bitcoin has been a spectacular failure so far. Remember when everyone was tripping because Microsoft started accepting Bitcoin? How far has that brought us?

brg444

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 03:07:24 AM

No thats not what i meant retard.

And holding an amount of any coin is more valuable than holding mining hardwares that can only mine such coin.

But idiots like you cant see further than your nose.

What can you tell us about the Bitcoin holdings of these companies?

I don't see how any early stage start ups could afford "holding" Bitcoin as an investment other than to provide reserve for their business and their operations. Don't confuse their clients holdings for theirs. These companies are all currently bleeding VC money and it makes no sense for them to hold such a volatile and currently under performing asset.

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 03:09:16 AM

You really don't seem to get what kind of financial infrastructures is needed for bitcoin to be a functioning currency. These infrastructures are what will/are giving bitcoin most value because it makes it useful for individuals and businesses to use it. Just think of exchanges which are the very low level, basic ones. Without them bitcoin would go nowhere. I invite you to learn more about how finance works. There is no war here, only a system that needs to be built to accommodate all participants for bitcoin to achieve its full blown potential. It's not that hard to understand that these businesses now need a clear path of how bitcoin will scale in the future and Core is failing to delivers that. If Core continues to fail to deliver in a timely manner, someone else will. Will it be XT is yet to be seen.

Look I'm not gonna argue the importance of exchanges but if you think blockchain.info, bitnet, bitgo, bitpay are relevant in this discussion you are fooling yourself. They operate in a marginal sector of the Bitcoin economy and they can fancy themselves "leaders" all they want their status amongst the reddit crowd does not impress anyone.

All of these are start-up companies riding VC money and most likely bleeding it as we speak. Some are addressing markets that have shown little demand so far from their service. Let's face it the retail venture of Bitcoin has been a spectacular failure so far. Remember when everyone was tripping because Microsoft started accepting Bitcoin? How far has that brought us?

These businesses are actually building products. They are basically in beta and won't mass marketeer their products to attract new participants until they are finished and are absolutely sure the system they rely on will scale witch is not actually. Gavin released XT after making sure it will get supported by this industry by talking to each one of them (Unlike Core devs in their Ivory tower). https://youtu.be/B8l11q9hsJM?t=1h16s

Convinced/ask the industry first and miners will follow. That's the only logical way to do it properly.

brg444

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 03:26:36 AM

These businesses are actually building products. They are basically in beta and won't mass marketeer their products to attract new participants until they are finished and are absolutely sure the system they rely on will scale witch is not actually. Gavin released XT after making sure it will get supported by this industry by talking to each one of them (Unlike Core devs in their Ivory tower). https://youtu.be/B8l11q9hsJM?t=1h16s

Convinced/ask the industry first and miners will follow. That's the only logical way to do it properly.

I think he probably should've thought about convincing miners too  Cheesy

You're not one of those people who think "marketing" is gonna sell people unto Bitcoin are ya ?  Undecided

btw why do you using "ivory tower" in the same posts where you reference the "industry" laying down their decision on the debate by way of a two paragraph letter  Huh have they bothered consulting their users? do you realise your hypocrisy here or are you simply going to look the other way because it doesn't fit your argument?

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 03:32:26 AM

You're not one of those people who think "marketing" is gonna sell people unto Bitcoin are ya ?  Undecided

btw why do you using "ivory tower" in the same posts where you reference the "industry" laying down their decision on the debate by way of a two paragraph letter  Huh have they bothered consulting their users? do you realise your hypocrisy here or are you simply going to look the other way because it doesn't fit your argument?

You should watch the whole Gavin interview, it will answer a lot of your questions.

brg444

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 03:39:05 AM

btw why do you using "ivory tower" in the same posts where you reference the "industry" laying down their decision on the debate by way of a two paragraph letter  Huh have they bothered consulting their users? do you realise your hypocrisy here or are you simply going to look the other way because it doesn't fit your argument?

You should watch the whole Gavin interview, it will answer a lot of your questions.

I did. It was terribly boring and absent of any insight to be quite honest.

All I've learned pretty much confirmed what I thought: XT release was carefully orchestrated using propaganda tactics and industry lobbying absent of any balance and transparency. Fortunately it is very much a failure.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: