Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:32:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google Ad Revenue  (Read 8719 times)
SubversiveTech (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 07:17:25 PM

I think it's a crock of shit. Anybody agree?

Every douchebag with an iphone color wants to be the next pewdiepie and have a giant corporation pay them for buying viewbots.
All the people watching that garbage are wasting their life en mass.

Maybe a virtual currency forum isn't the best place to garner support for that sentiment....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 12:06:44 AM

I am assuming you are talking about youtube? I have never heard of pewdipie, but viewbots would only work for videos I would guess.

My experience with Google ad revenue has been great. I have run multiple sites and supported myself in whole from ad revenue from my sites. Most of the income was coming from local traffic on my blogs.

I have run faucets too, and the ad revenue can vary incredibly depending on the country of the users. Ad clicks from Indonesia never paid more than $0.10 and rarely more than $0.01. On the other hand, valid clicks from the United States rarely paid less than $0.50 and I have had 1 click pay as high as $45.00. So it is just a numbers game.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 01:23:18 AM

I am assuming you are talking about youtube? I have never heard of pewdipie, but viewbots would only work for videos I would guess.

My experience with Google ad revenue has been great. I have run multiple sites and supported myself in whole from ad revenue from my sites. Most of the income was coming from local traffic on my blogs.

I have run faucets too, and the ad revenue can vary incredibly depending on the country of the users. Ad clicks from Indonesia never paid more than $0.10 and rarely more than $0.01. On the other hand, valid clicks from the United States rarely paid less than $0.50 and I have had 1 click pay as high as $45.00. So it is just a numbers game.

I got one time 12.5$ per click from one of my travel blogger blog and some movie related blogs gets as low as 0.1 USD. So it is all based on traffic from which country and from which keyword user used to go to your blog.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 06:20:28 AM

Every douchebag with an iphone color wants to be the next pewdiepie and have a giant corporation pay them for buying viewbots.

Maybe a virtual currency forum isn't the best place to garner support for that sentiment....

What's a "pewdiepie"?

You're bitching about Google Ads, but they're not really they're just capitalizing on the ridiculousness that is advertising and what companies believe brings customers to their sites. Maybe they're shitty for providing an opportunity for ads to be pushed in front of us constantly on websites (that's another debate). But they're not producing the ad content, they just rent out space.

And they pay by either views to a page or clicks to the ad - pretty logical.

What's really, really crazy is that companies actually pay Google (and therefore site owners) for page views. How many pages have you looked at and ignored every single ad? Thousands I'm sure. It's a complete waste of money and a largely ineffective way to advertise.

Everyone's looking for passive income...do you blame the guy who pays for the service (the company advertising), the guy providing an infrastructure for that service (Google), or the guy who rents out his website real estate for the ads?

I have an opinion, but I'd prefer to know yours.

Insertion

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 06:40:34 AM

What's a "pewdiepie"?

You're bitching about Google Ads, but they're not really they're just capitalizing on the ridiculousness that is advertising and what companies believe brings customers to their sites. Maybe they're shitty for providing an opportunity for ads to be pushed in front of us constantly on websites (that's another debate). But they're not producing the ad content, they just rent out space.

What's really, really crazy is that companies actually pay Google (and therefore site owners) for page views. How many pages have you looked at and ignored every single ad? Thousands I'm sure. It's a complete waste of money and a largely ineffective way to advertise.

Everyone's looking for passive income...do you blame the guy who pays for the service (the company advertising), the guy providing an infrastructure for that service (Google), or the guy who rents out his website real estate for the ads?

According to you all companies who advertise through google adsense program are waste of money or they do not know the marketing strategy is it?

Paid advertising is a great way to guide more traffic to your site or product to increase your business leads. If companies don't make a profit from these advertisement then surely they will stop. Another thing as of now pay per click advertising programs the best one the google advertising others may be cheap but you won't get good quality leads.

Another point is google adsense program advertisers pay only for ads clicks not for page views

seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 11:02:24 AM

What's a "pewdiepie"?

According to you all companies who advertise through google adsense program are waste of money or they do not know the marketing strategy is it?

Paid advertising is a great way to guide more traffic to your site or product to increase your business leads. If companies don't make a profit from these advertisement then surely they will stop. Another thing as of now pay per click advertising programs the best one the google advertising others may be cheap but you won't get good quality leads.

Another point is google adsense program advertisers pay only for ads clicks not for page views

They actually pay for views as well, just on a much smaller level. Some advertisers choose to buy views over clicks as it is cheaper and reaches a much larger amount of people. I used to get about $0.01 per valid United States view on average. But it would only pay for the first time the user viewed the page, so even if someone reloaded page 100 times i would only get the initial $0.01.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 11:15:27 AM

What's a "pewdiepie"?

Marketing through google, facebook and other social media is a pretty sweet investment considering how much attention other sources get you like television and radio, they are much costlier and I think social media marketing and advertising is the most effective economical solution to marketing needs. A lot of advertisers receive profit from their ad investment, I am one of such people Smiley Oh, and google also paid on page views, depending on the content.
SubversiveTech (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 03:33:34 PM

I don't blame any of them in particular, I understand why people do it. At the same time, I think it's stupid because it's incentivizing people to produce garbage content in mass. There are some really great people on youtube but there are also some really terrible people. Google doesn't give a flying fuck if the content should be posted, just that it is and unique IPS click it.

For example, people who have channels where all they do is break new phones. Okay, I get it, but there are thousands of them being paid to waste time and resources. Another example, conspiracy theories which have no base in reality but prey on schizophrenics and the lot. I'd like to see some of these lone shooters viewing history, wouldn't you?
Mirdude

Activity: 319
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 07:43:35 PM

It's based on the Geo Location you do realise.
SubversiveTech (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 08:26:11 PM

+1 to post count? I don't see how that fits in with any of my grievances towards the cultural effects of ad revenue.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 08:34:03 PM

+1 to post count? I don't see how that fits in with any of my grievances towards the cultural effects of ad revenue.

Cultural effect of ad revenue? Are somehow indicating that someone collecting ad revenue from google will degrade their culture or become an unproductive citizen in their town simply because they earn income from online ads?

GermanGiant

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 08:43:32 PM

Cultural effect of ad revenue? Are somehow indicating that someone collecting ad revenue from google will degrade their culture or become an unproductive citizen in their town simply because they earn income from online ads?

Some people earn money by creating hilarious youtube videos. I think, that is not going well with OP. Wink
SubversiveTech (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 08:52:38 PM

Cultural degradation isn't inherent in the acceptance of ad revenue. It opens the avenue though for clickbait spam hell.  

I would say yes, that the internet in general has fostered an environment where people care less about their town. It's not absolute, but it is certainly there. When you acknowledge this level of internet traffic didn't exist thirty years ago it's a point of fact that these current users would be occupying their time some other way if the internet hadn't developed as it has.

I have expressed concerns for videos blatantly misrepresenting the truth to mislead viewers and create a sense of paranoia and fear. This has become an entire category unto itself.
SubversiveTech (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 08:55:03 PM

Some people earn money by creating hilarious youtube videos. I think, that is not going well with OP. Wink

It's about more than asking for a cut.

As I said "There are some really great people on youtube but there are also some really terrible people." "I don't blame any of them in particular."
coinfusion

Activity: 141

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 03:06:24 AM

It's hard to believe that there are still people browsing the web without ad blockers.  Hopefully (for those who are crazy enough to try making a living from non-tangible goods) web advertising will become unprofitable around the time a currency will become popular for micropayments.
MasterYii

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 05:04:35 AM

Some people actually make a living off of it, cause they got super lucky in the search engines.

But not like crazy amount the ones I hear about those stories. But, its better then nothing.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 03:37:16 PM

Some people actually make a living off of it, cause they got super lucky in the search engines.

But not like crazy amount the ones I hear about those stories. But, its better then nothing.

content creators on blogs and video creators on youtube make a lot of money if their content goes viral, and youtube often forces its users to more viral content which is already poor rather than promoting new videos like it used to much much before. Youtube has evolved a lot and generally made it very hard for new creators to be highlighted so often in order to maintain position and power to what's already benefiting them.
mordekaiser

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 05:40:10 PM

Some of those lucky indvivuals clear in the millions each year lol.

I think hes just needing a creative start to be in that category. I`m pretty sure you wont hate on good ad revenue if you clear repeated clicks on your 1 mill view on youtube vid lol.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 07:49:29 PM

I got one time 12.5$ per click from one of my travel blogger blog and some movie related blogs gets as low as 0.1 USD. So it is all based on traffic from which country and from which keyword user used to go to your blog.
Indeed, revenue is hugely based on country and content. It all depends on the amount of competition from advertisers on certain keywords.

Nautiluss

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:41:23 PM

Indeed, revenue is hugely based on country and content. It all depends on the amount of competition from advertisers on certain keywords.

in general though, its  harder to do anymore of seo lol.

most people think that its freaken easy to rank for 1 keyword lolll. its why so few people can make any money off of it, and thats if its the "right" keyword.                                                                 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: