Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:37:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: have you been fooled by scam faucets?  (Voting closed: September 28, 2015, 02:36:41 AM)
yes - 13 (68.4%)
no - 6 (31.6%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin scam faucets and websites  (Read 1734 times)
fatima86 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 02:36:41 AM

i have been fauceting for the last one year.but i have found some big scam websites.koinbounty is one of them.boombit is another.i want everyone to mention scam faucets so that others may avoid them.
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 02:40:19 AM

Um, you do know faucets give coins away for free right? So how could this be a scam? There are any number of reasons the faucet may not pay you, but this does not fit into the scam category. You are out nothing if the faucet does not pay, so you cannot be scammed.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 04:37:46 AM

Um, you do know faucets give coins away for free right? So how could this be a scam? There are any number of reasons the faucet may not pay you, but this does not fit into the scam category. You are out nothing if the faucet does not pay, so you cannot be scammed.
Yes we are out of time.
Also faucets run by revenues from advertisements so if we go to a faucet and use it then it's our right to get paid by them.
So faucets can also scam people, in my opinion.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2346

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 04:43:16 AM

The simple solution is to not use faucets in the first place. Even if they end up paying you are going to receive amounts that are not going to be worth it in pretty much every part of the world as you would earn more working in sweat shops.

I am sorry if you ended up visiting faucets, looking at advertisements and then didn't get paid. I would however suggest that you look into other ways to make money with Bitcoin. Maybe join a signature campaign and learn and Bitcoin and discuss it here on the forum.
Franciem

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Real power doesnt hit hard,but right to the target

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 04:46:49 AM

i have been fauceting for the last one year.but i have found some big scam websites.koinbounty is one of them.boombit is another.i want everyone to mention scam faucets so that others may avoid them.

i try boombit for 1day i share my reff link to some facebook group
and i get a minimum withdraw, so i try withdraw it but im not receive my withdraw for 12hours
and i know that site is scam

if you faucet player better to try minimum withdraw before you continue fauceting

fatima86 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 05:08:07 AM

but koinbounty does not pay me.whenever i reach the cash out limit.they increase it.is it not unfair?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 06:13:46 AM

they have malicious banner inside them, i think this is what OP is talking about

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1044399.0
Franciem

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 06:46:27 AM

they have malicious banner inside them, i think this is what OP is talking about

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1044399.0

thank's for your link reference, now iknow some faucet is have hidden malicious banner

Enzyme

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 06:48:21 AM

A scam is simply a dishonest scheme, so scam faucets exist.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 06:48:48 AM

There's a site called badbitcoin which lists bitcoin related sites that is suspicious and a potential scam.
You can check it, here's the link www.badbitcoin.org
Franciem

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 06:55:53 AM

i found a legit faucet list
better we choose a legit and trusted Smiley

https://faucetbox.com/en/list

Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 07:05:06 AM

What scam faucets exist?

By definition there is no such thing - faucets pay you money for clicking a button...it's not a scam if they never send you that "promised" 100 satoshi OR you don't stick around to collect a minimum threshold required for payout.

I did a signature campaign for what I assumed was a ponzi scheme - that lasted about 12 days. They were paying the equivalent of a $1 per day for participation and you could leave your coin on their site, earning a sick amount of interest, or you could withdraw each day. I withdrawal each day...I was lucky. All of a sudden they were gone.

They also served as a "saving account", promising ridiculous amounts of interest DAILY. I mean there was obviously no way in the world that anyone would could sustain that kind of interest unless they were giving their money away. The gamble was "how long until they leave"...the first one's in and the first one's out are the winners. I almost got in, if I did I would have gotten burned because they were gone in two weeks, significantly faster than I thought they'd last.

I did get my $12 though, big time pay (haha)!

Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 07:11:05 AM

In my opinion faucets are waste of time anyway, so it's pretty hard to get scammed by one. If it doesn't pay you the dust that you are clicking for, you should just stop using it.

Nevertheless, you should research and doubt any single website that has something to do with Bitcoin at this time. Read reviews and be careful. There are awfully lot of scammers out there. Bitcoin related businesses are still in a wild and reputation systems still have a lot of loopholes that give scammers advantage.

So read, review, be careful and doubt everything!
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 07:22:39 AM

Why to use faucets when you have some good PTC sites already available with Bitcoins as payment options?
Generally, a faucet's income depends upon the quality of the website and that, some advertising media that they use on their site, if they won't get paid, they won't pay. That's a simple answer.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 07:32:27 AM

i found a legit faucet list
better we choose a legit and trusted Smiley

https://faucetbox.com/en/list

Yes t's the best.
I also used this list for a long time and earned much, but after knowing about bitcointalk, i quit using faucets.

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 07:58:39 AM

No never. I had never had to do with fake faucets. Time ago I used to many faucets for a period of time and all of them was correct. Having their satoshi according to the rules of every faucet.
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 08:06:35 AM

No never. I had never had to do with fake faucets. Time ago I used to many faucets for a period of time and all of them was correct. Having their satoshi according to the rules of every faucet.

Not all faucets are scams, but mostly are.
We need to take care of both our time and dedication we use to give to these faucets who have no intention of paying anything to us.
Faucets, nowadays are just a waste of time.
The only faucet I would recommend is freebitco.in, best in its class.
Nextgen

Activity: 410

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 08:44:02 AM

Yes faucets can be scams as well cause you are offering time and expecting coins in return so if they dont pay you then ...you can start a 'scam acquisition '...loll
but bitcoin2048 is true scam..
Landplop

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Don't feed the trolls

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 09:06:43 AM

just go to faucetbox they have many faucets not scam all legit

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● REGISTER NOW and GET 1000 DOGE for FREE!  >>
rodrigobitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 12:05:18 PM

I use only immediate payment faucet with xapo or faucetbox, and the old famous faucet like moonbitcoin, freebitco.in ecc. all new faucet with weekly payment, for my is out

▓▓▓▄             ▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▀  ▀█▄        ▓▓▓   ▓▓
          ▓▓  ▓▄   ▀╗ ▓▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓ ▓▓
         ▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▄              ▓▓ ▓▓
        ▐▓▌ ▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▓ ▓
        ▓▓  ▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╦   ▓▓▓
      ▄▓▓▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀ ▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╦  ▓▓▓
    ▄▓▓▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▄  ▀▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▓▓
   ▄▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀     ▓▓▓     ▀ ▀ ▄   ▓▓
    ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀             ▄     ▀▀  ▓▀
   ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓▀ ▄▄▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄  ▓▓▓
  ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▌ ▀▀▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓  ▓▓