Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:30:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum VS Tau-Chain, which is better?  (Read 1898 times)
richwang01 (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 04:12:40 AM

I just want to invest the most potential project, so I want to know which is better, the below words are from Tau-Chain developer, is there any technical talent from Ethereum community comparing these two projects from technical perspective?

Quote from Tau-Chain developer:

"Now let me list five major differences:

Ethereum client is fixed, meaning the network's protocol cannot change with time. It is hard-coded, and if one day users would like to change its behavior, they will probably require a hard-fork of Ethereum's blockchain. On the other hand, Tau client's behavior and code is itself on-chain. Think open a GitHub repository with a code and all it is doing is downloading from GitHub its own code and executing it. This is exactly what Tau client is doing: every block contains its own code, including the conditions for accepting the next block. Therefore we get maximum flexibility not only for apps over Tau but for Tau itself.
Ethereum's rules are predetermined by their developers. Tau will come out with no rules at all. Its users will set its behavior. At this sense, tau begins with total equilibrium among its participants, a priori.
Ethereum's applications are written in a Turing complete language, which disables the whole magic of proofs over a given code, as emphasized in many places.
Ethereum does not support separate contexts: everyone executes all code. Therefore, it is impractical to supply general purpose or HPC software over Ethereum. On the other hand, Tau has separate contexts, so one may subscribe to a context (like installing an app from Appstore/GooglePlay) without interfering with other contexts. Yet, that context can reference other existing contexts and reuse their code.
Ethereum's model requires a coin ("fuel"). Tau doesn't need a coin: the users can agree on the economic characteristic of the network and define any kind of incentive they find adequate, whether globally over the whole network or over their local Tau client."

related links:
Ethereum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=428589.0

Tau-Chain: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=950309

Comparison article: http://cointelegraph.com/news/115118/tau-chain-a-decentralized-app-store-with-greater-flexibility-than-ethereum

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 04:15:12 AM

You should consider project R3D. Currently in CFC phase on bittrex.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1141617.0

mistercashking
Legendary

Activity: 1044
Merit: 1050

@MRCASHKING

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2015, 05:35:21 AM

This should be moved to altcoin discussion section. --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0
frenulum

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 01:22:22 AM

ETH FTW

Jan 2018 recommendations: HST, ETN, HTML, EOS
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 01:31:47 PM

I think tau-chain has good chance to be the leading technology. I am in a little since a few months.
The only thing, I am afraid of, is the lack of publicity. Someone can steal easily the ideas, have better marketing and that was it...
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 01:42:34 PM

ETH for sure. ETH has a lot of capital invested and many big backers behind it.
It has a higher chance of succeeding compared to other altcoins.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
Monopoly

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 01:57:43 PM

Ethereum ... huge community
Presidential Rollie

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 04:56:23 PM

Pardon me, what is Tau-Chain again? Ethereum has big community. Nobody knows Tau-Chain.
lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 05:33:02 PM

Pardon me, what is Tau-Chain again? Ethereum has big community. Nobody knows Tau-Chain.

We are talking about BETTER, not more adapted. Maybe you should have a look at the technology, then you can see, that its is better.
We'll see, if adaption comes. Maybe not, but thats not the point.
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:27:31 PM

Who is the dev of Tau chain? Unknown team? Tau don't need a coin so what is the Agora coin why should i invest in the ipo?
Stage of development? Is the tech is real? What are the guarantee the dev will deliver and not a Bitbay scam or Paycoin scam or a Syscoin fail?
Monopoly

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 06:38:25 PM

We are talking about BETTER, not more adapted. Maybe you should have a look at the technology, then you can see, that its is better.

What is better ?

In cryptocurrency world people determine what is better . huge community is a good indicator
box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 08:06:28 PM

What is better ?

In cryptocurrency world people determine what is better . huge community is a good indicator

is NXT considered a big community?
richwang01 (OP)

Activity: 123

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 05:46:12 AM

What is better ?

Not really, I think technology is as important as marketing, very less guys knows Tau since it's so low-key, the developer team are not good at marketing, but this project is more potential if it succeeds, anyway, let's wait the beta client release.
lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 09:31:54 AM

What is better ?

Most people are just running with the herd. They know a shit and they are for sure NOT an indicator for good or better.
If some PR guy can let the stampede run, it runs, thats all, independent of the technology.

Or why do you think, that it takes so long for blockchain technology in general to prevail?
Or how long it took for the internet?

Just look at doge. Why could it be that high at all compared to things like NXT?
And this is, where it gets ridiculous... there is NO improvement AT ALL in Doge compared to bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: