Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:43:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 283 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bullish Bitcoin Media Center (The ONLY Bullish Bitcoin News Thread)  (Read 259609 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:05:53 PM

News URL : https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/new-motion-defends-request-quash-irs-summons-coinbase-customer-info/

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:17:05 PM

News URL : https://news.bitcoin.com/death-bitcoin-digital-inheritance/

Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:22:39 PM

News URL : http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/01/05/greece-government-pushes-new-regulation-end-cash/

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:24:02 PM

A day in the life of Bitcoin summed up perfectly.

Credits : https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/5m7y57/a_day_in_the_life_of_bitcoin_summed_up_perfectly/

Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 01:42:01 AM

If this really happened I can see btc going to over 10K easy. All the greeks with their cash under their bed will come running to bitcoin. Normally it would have been gold but even gold is out. BTC is the new better gold.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 01:52:31 AM

If this really happened I can see btc going to over 10K easy. All the greeks with their cash under their bed will come running to bitcoin. Normally it would have been gold but even gold is out. BTC is the new better gold.

It's happened since 1/1.

We are now obligated to use electronic transactions for a percentage of our income - whether this income is real or imagined by the government (the government can claim you are making XXXX euro just because you have a car or a house - and tax you based on it).

Bitcoin will not save you from this tax obligation.

Just by being alive, you are considered to earn 3000 euros per year to sustain yourself. "You have to feed yourself, so you are making 3000 euros". And then you are taxed on this fictional income. If you have a car, the government then says, ah, right so now you are 3000+another 3000 due to your car expenses = you are making 6k.... if you also have a house you are considered to be making 8-10k, etc etc. All fictional income, but still very taxable.

Only solution to the above is migration.
Sourgummies

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:07:25 AM

It's happened since 1/1.

We are now obligated to use electronic transactions for a percentage of our income - whether this income is real or imagined by the government (the government can claim you are making XXXX euro just because you have a car or a house - and tax you based on it).

Bitcoin will not save you from this tax obligation.

Just by being alive, you are considered to earn 3000 euros per year to sustain yourself. "You have to feed yourself, so you are making 3000 euros". And then you are taxed on this fictional income. If you have a car, the government then says, ah, right so now you are 3000+another 3000 due to your car expenses = you are making 6k.... if you also have a house you are considered to be making 8-10k, etc etc. All fictional income, but still very taxable.

Only solution to the above is migration.

That's very sad for you and your people but you have one thing wrong. You can avoid paying taxes with bitcoin, you just need to have the desire to do so. If you are safe and anon with your bitcoins no one can ever tell you what you owe. They might say you earn from x and y but they can never say in bitcoin.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:32:33 AM

That's very sad for you and your people but you have one thing wrong. You can avoid paying taxes with bitcoin, you just need to have the desire to do so. If you are safe and anon with your bitcoins no one can ever tell you what you owe. They might say you earn from x and y but they can never say in bitcoin.

The origin of the taxes is the problem. If you are alive and breathing, they say you are earning money and have to pay taxes. If you have a car, a home, you are told you earn even more money.

They don't care to speculate where you get your money from, whether it's bitcoin, or something else: It's up to you to pay them from wherever your fictional income comes. And that, in a country with a known rate of >25% unemployment.

Bitcoin is an antidote to many things, but not this kind of taxation scheme.
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:13:01 AM

I totally agree with you, it's the information ERA, but if you want really to spark things up, then it must be well educated to have insane results.

funny how idiotic some of the people can be in the community.

you are talking to somebody who is in bitcoin porfolio from 2011 and calling me globalist? Smiley yes you did drugs, a lot.
people like you helping to spread stupidity about bitcoin to regular people

tinfoil on your head and disconnecting from powergrid will help you a bit

THEN why hide behind a new user name?

Brother, I'm extremely sorry for what that thing wrote.

I've just seen this now.

I've deleted his shit and will always do, don't worry Smiley

Thank you sir.  Appreciate it!

Anytime brother Wink

My apologies for not posting here very much.  I've been a VERY BUSY MAN lately. 

I certainly agree with you about educating one's self with crypto.  Not just Bitcoin.  The more we understand a subject, the easier it is to explain it and inspire others.  I haven't had time lately to educate myself to the point where Andreas is, for sure.  hehe.  He's bad ass !!!

I appreciate all you are doing here as well, Sir.  I will continue to refer traders to your thread for ALL THE BULLISH NEWS.  You too are BAD ASS, Sir.  Keep it up !!! 

Sincerely,

David

EDIT:

I'm MAINLY mining Alt Coins now.  I still have 4 x ASIC's for bitcoin though.  Which see:  http://imgur.com/a/95Yfr

I've also been organizing my trading setup:  Which see:  http://imgur.com/a/IQ91K

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:17:45 AM

I'm not fully into TA, just from the shore. But I like you more brother when you are into Macroeconomics, this is what matters in the end.

Thanks !!!

I'll trust your opinion and focus there.

Thanks again, Sir.

Cheers,

David

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
Sourgummies

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 04:19:53 AM

The origin of the taxes is the problem. If you are alive and breathing, they say you are earning money and have to pay taxes. If you have a car, a home, you are told you earn even more money.

They don't care to speculate where you get your money from, whether it's bitcoin, or something else: It's up to you to pay them from wherever your fictional income comes. And that, in a country with a known rate of >25% unemployment.

How is that even legal? So they just demand taxes on x amount even if you earned less, What if you earned less and con prove it?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10165

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 07:53:25 AM

I don't get how this article is bullish... It seems to suggest that bitcoin is helpless in getting money out of china...

Seems like mainstream FUD that denies both the power of bitcoin and the difficulties to crack down on it, even if there were a willpower to attempt to crack down on it.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
pratham bhatia

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 07:55:47 AM

happy  to be the part of the
 well reputated organisation  Smiley
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10165

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:12:07 AM

Fakhoury....how can a high price be seen soon without a bubble?

This confuses me.

Thanks my friend.

To go up brother, it can be done in two ways.

Either we go into bubble/bust (fast) or we go steady growth (slow).

There are people who prefer bubble/bust like Xapo CEO and others prefer steady growth like Vinny Lingham and me.

Although steady growth is slow, but it's guaranteed in terms of high prices and their stability.

That's it Wink

N.B. : I'm trying to get my brother (afbitcoins) in the talking because used to learn from him and still learning, maybe he have something to add.

You are most welcome Smiley

I personally believe that slow and steady is not really possible (I mean it is possible like an outlier 1 in 1000), and the most likely scenario is lots of continued volatility.   Bitcoin remains controversial, a relatively small market cap, a whole hell-of-a-lot of use cases, networking effects, disputes regarding it's value, and probably a lot more that causes bitcoin's price to be a recipe for ongoing volatility and continuous overshooting of actual objective value (to the extent that exists in a world of humans)

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:18:05 AM

How is that even legal? So they just demand taxes on x amount even if you earned less, What if you earned less and con prove it?

There are generally 2 ways to prove it:

1) Burn capital from prior years declared income
2) Show that you've got a loan or donation during the same period that covers the expected difference

If you go route (1) you must have shown this income in past years (so you've already been taxed - you can't escape it)

If you go route (2), both loans and donations have to be declared. Donations are taxed heavily (up to 40%).

So the taxman will get his way.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:28:09 AM

I don't get how this article is bullish... It seems to suggest that bitcoin is helpless in getting money out of china...

Seems like mainstream FUD that denies both the power of bitcoin and the difficulties to crack down on it, even if there were a willpower to attempt to crack down on it.

Both alternative and mainstream media are epic fails in terms of covering things related to China. The capital control narrative was bullshit to begin with. As is the "CNY strengthening" narrative right now (the rise is insignificant to account for the drop in BTC).

Now, if you buy BTC to bypass CCs you only need them for a limited time as a vehicle. You buy here, dump there - you don't own many for any serious amount of time (accumulation will tend to increase price and also increase the amount of money you lose during the dump), thus the supply equilibrium is not seriously affected to create an increased price.

Plus the average Chinese citizen will never hit the 50k usd limit when CCs kick in. So who is affected really? Big guys. Big guys make their money from owning big businesses. China is an exporting country and one very easy way to get foreign currency while living in an exporting country, is to export stuff. You buy locally with national currency, export the stuff, get paid in $$$ in a foreign bank account and you are ok. Countries which have stuff to sell that the rest of the planet needs, have a very different experience of "capital controls" compared to countries that don't.
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 06:31:45 PM

It will happen, and Bitcoin will go to $10K, just give time some time Wink

I totally agree with you, it's the information ERA, but if you want really to spark things up, then it must be well educated to have insane results.

funny how idiotic some of the people can be in the community.

you are talking to somebody who is in bitcoin porfolio from 2011 and calling me globalist? Smiley yes you did drugs, a lot.
people like you helping to spread stupidity about bitcoin to regular people

tinfoil on your head and disconnecting from powergrid will help you a bit

THEN why hide behind a new user name?

Brother, I'm extremely sorry for what that thing wrote.

I've just seen this now.

I've deleted his shit and will always do, don't worry Smiley

Thank you sir.  Appreciate it!

Anytime brother Wink

My apologies for not posting here very much.  I've been a VERY BUSY MAN lately. 

I certainly agree with you about educating one's self with crypto.  Not just Bitcoin.  The more we understand a subject, the easier it is to explain it and inspire others.  I haven't had time lately to educate myself to the point where Andreas is, for sure.  hehe.  He's bad ass !!!

I appreciate all you are doing here as well, Sir.  I will continue to refer traders to your thread for ALL THE BULLISH NEWS.  You too are BAD ASS, Sir.  Keep it up !!! 

Sincerely,

David

EDIT:

I'm MAINLY mining Alt Coins now.  I still have 4 x ASIC's for bitcoin though.  Which see:  http://imgur.com/a/95Yfr

I've also been organizing my trading setup:  Which see:  http://imgur.com/a/IQ91K

No apologizes my dear brother, this is your home, you are most welcome anytime you want Smiley

I enjoyed the mini mining farm you've and the trade setup Smiley

Guess what will happen with Chinese will use Bitcoin to dodge the capital controls Wink

happy  to be the part of the
 well reputated organisation  Smiley

And I'm happy to see you Pratham Bhatia, welcome between your family my new bullish friend.

Fakhoury....how can a high price be seen soon without a bubble?

This confuses me.

Thanks my friend.

To go up brother, it can be done in two ways.

Either we go into bubble/bust (fast) or we go steady growth (slow).

There are people who prefer bubble/bust like Xapo CEO and others prefer steady growth like Vinny Lingham and me.

Although steady growth is slow, but it's guaranteed in terms of high prices and their stability.

That's it Wink

N.B. : I'm trying to get my brother (afbitcoins) in the talking because used to learn from him and still learning, maybe he have something to add.

You are most welcome Smiley

I personally believe that slow and steady is not really possible (I mean it is possible like an outlier 1 in 1000), and the most likely scenario is lots of continued volatility.   Bitcoin remains controversial, a relatively small market cap, a whole hell-of-a-lot of use cases, networking effects, disputes regarding it's value, and probably a lot more that causes bitcoin's price to be a recipe for ongoing volatility and continuous overshooting of actual objective value (to the extent that exists in a world of humans)

I meant around 2x-4x increase per year Smiley

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 06:38:18 PM

News URL : https://news.bitcoin.com/colombias-poor-banking-infrastructure-great-potential-for-bitcoin/

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 06:48:44 PM

News URL : https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/vinny-lingham-bitcoin-close-global-currency/

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 06:54:18 PM

News URL : https://cointelegraph.com/news/vinny-lingham-no-bitcoin-bubble-unless-it-grows-over-2000-by-march-2017

Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 283 »
  Print  

Jump to: