Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:17:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bullish Bitcoin Media Center (The ONLY Bullish Bitcoin News Thread)  (Read 259609 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10165

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 05:32:30 PM

I personally could appreciate a dump down into the lower $900s based on a non passage of the ETF - but I have trouble seeing how such news (absent some other big negative BTC news or big FUD spreading) would cause breakage in the support that is in the $800s, $700s, $600s, that would be required to get prices to the mid $500s... just seems in the less than 5% probability territory (at this time, as I type).

Yeah, I don't see it going much under $900 at all either for the reasons you're saying, but the link seems to claim there's a greater than 50% chance of it doing so.

I would think that since this is "the bullish media" thread, then we should spend considerable time justifying any kind of bearish information (or links) that we post, no?  Otherwise, you are not "bullish" in compliance with the thread but instead just come off as spreading bearish FUD (without explaining why it might not be FUD)..

So, having said that.. 50/50 is way too high of a bearish scenario and should be explained (if there is any possible basis for it) rather than just relying on purported expert in an article, no?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rogerwilco

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 06:24:19 PM

I personally could appreciate a dump down into the lower $900s based on a non passage of the ETF - but I have trouble seeing how such news (absent some other big negative BTC news or big FUD spreading) would cause breakage in the support that is in the $800s, $700s, $600s, that would be required to get prices to the mid $500s... just seems in the less than 5% probability territory (at this time, as I type).

Yeah, I don't see it going much under $900 at all either for the reasons you're saying, but the link seems to claim there's a greater than 50% chance of it doing so.

I would think that since this is "the bullish media" thread, then we should spend considerable time justifying any kind of bearish information (or links) that we post, no?  Otherwise, you are not "bullish" in compliance with the thread but instead just come off as spreading bearish FUD (without explaining why it might not be FUD)..

So, having said that.. 50/50 is way too high of a bearish scenario and should be explained (if there is any possible basis for it) rather than just relying on purported expert in an article, no?

I'm saying the article had a highly bearish component to it. I myself am not bearish at all.
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 08:06:00 PM

Ouch! The price may fall to $551 if the SEC rules against the ETF? And I thought the PBOC stuff was bad!

This is extremely pessimist, we have a lot of supports and hungry buyers waiting to buy at these prices, plus Bitcoin is becoming more and more resilient. So don't panic, buy and HODL Wink

buy buy buy!!!

Always has been, at ANY price Smiley

It's a bullish comic relief so it's welcomed, thank you for the share our dear Kehtolo, nice to see you back (I'm sorry if this is the first time for you, but I somehow recall you are a precious member of our family, if not, you are already Wink )

Awww staahp... you're too nice! Cheers.. keep up the bullish vibes.

I'm always lurking somewhere..

"Your vibes attract your tribes!"  Grin

You've said it, "Your vibes attract your tribes!" and "Good people attract Awesome people like you Wink" Smiley

Ouch! The price may fall to $551 if the SEC rules against the ETF? And I thought the PBOC stuff was bad!

That is a strange assessment Rogerwilco.

It is as if you are giving too much weight to the possibility of $551 - when the fact of the matter is that there is nothing really certain and there are a whole hell of a lot of factors at play that are pushing prices in both direction.  There are also possibilities of zero and there are possibilities of going below $200, but we do not give those possibilities a lot of weight because they are seemingly increasingly low - just like the theory that prices may fall to $551 if the ETF fails to pass.

Let's say that the latest probabilities of the ETF passing of 40% is more or less correct, and the ETF in fact does not pass, even though 40% of folks were expecting it to pass, we could get a dump of BTC, but then again, we might not get anything because it is possible that maybe these latest upward BTC price pressures and pumps are not in anticipation of the ETF approval, but merely overall optimism about bitcoin overall

Lets think about it JJG.

1. ETF Website (Up-to-date).
2. ETF Logo.
3. Official Twitter account created less than 48 hours from the time of writing this reply.
4. Agreements with top-notch finical companies.

All of this and more, and in last we have no ETF ? Really ?

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 08:08:28 PM

News URL : https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/analysts-ready-trading-frenzy-sec-approves-bitcoin-etf/

Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 08:11:02 PM

News URL : https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-price-shrugs-off-btcc-joining-okcoin-huobi-in-bitcoin-litecoin-suspension

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 08:15:51 PM

News URL : https://news.bitcoin.com/legislators-bitcoin-has-broad-benefits-for-hawaii/

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 08:23:25 PM

First time to be seen: 50.03 percent of nodes running core 0.13.1 and 0.13.2! Plus those few 0.13.99, the majority of full nodes is pro-segwit!

Credits : https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/5tduja/first_time_to_be_seen_5003_percent_of_nodes/

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10165

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 08:25:20 PM

This is extremely pessimist, we have a lot of supports and hungry buyers waiting to buy at these prices, plus Bitcoin is becoming more and more resilient. So don't panic, buy and HODL Wink

buy buy buy!!!

It's a bullish comic relief so it's welcomed, thank you for the share our dear Kehtolo, nice to see you back (I'm sorry if this is the first time for you, but I somehow recall you are a precious member of our family, if not, you are already Wink )

You've said it, "Your vibes attract your tribes!" and "Good people attract Awesome people like you Wink" Smiley

It is as if you are giving too much weight to the possibility of $551 - when the fact of the matter is that there is nothing really certain and there are a whole hell of a lot of factors at play that are pushing prices in both direction.  There are also possibilities of zero and there are possibilities of going below $200, but we do not give those possibilities a lot of weight because they are seemingly increasingly low - just like the theory that prices may fall to $551 if the ETF fails to pass.

Let's say that the latest probabilities of the ETF passing of 40% is more or less correct, and the ETF in fact does not pass, even though 40% of folks were expecting it to pass, we could get a dump of BTC, but then again, we might not get anything because it is possible that maybe these latest upward BTC price pressures and pumps are not in anticipation of the ETF approval, but merely overall optimism about bitcoin overall

Lets think about it JJG.

2. ETF Logo.
3. Official Twitter account created less than 48 hours from the time of writing this reply.

I personally am not prepared to count those chickens yet, either in regards to the actual ETF being approved or the direction of the BTC market based on such approval, if such ETF were to go through.

I certainly have a decent stake in bitcoin and currently, my BTC holdings are nearly at 150% profits, and I am still about 1% higher allocated in BTC than my outline of a plan.  So, even though I am prepared for continued upwards price movement, as I have asserted many times, I consider any and all additional profits that come to my BTC portfolio as icing on the cake..

So, in that regard, I try not to be too emotionally invested in outcomes in either direction because I do not want to be overly disappointed if negative outcomes or less likely outcomes were to occur (even if at the moment the likelihood seems to be lower regarding negative outcomes playing out).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 08:44:39 PM

JJG, this is a THE bullish thread. Please. No need for endless debates about probabilities and percentages.

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/5tgjo8/10_hours_ago_more_2225_of_the_bitcoin_sites_with/

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 08:53:08 PM

buy buy buy!!!

Lets think about it JJG.

2. ETF Logo.

I personally am not prepared to count those chickens yet, either in regards to the actual ETF being approved or the direction of the BTC market based on such approval, if such ETF were to go through.

I certainly have a decent stake in bitcoin and currently, my BTC holdings are nearly at 150% profits, and I am still about 1% higher allocated in BTC than my outline of a plan.  So, even though I am prepared for continued upwards price movement, as I have asserted many times, I consider any and all additional profits that come to my BTC portfolio as icing on the cake..

So, in that regard, I try not to be too emotionally invested in outcomes in either direction because I do not want to be overly disappointed if negative outcomes or less likely outcomes were to occur (even if at the moment the likelihood seems to be lower regarding negative outcomes playing out).

I'm trying you use logic here my dear brother, I could be wrong for sure and I will admit that if I'm wrong.

But will the twins lose their credibility easily ? Note here that they are ALREADY in the Bitcoin business (Gemini and Winkidex) so a MOVE like this will cost them A LOT and as you know, once trust is broken, IT WILL NEVER COME BACK AGAIN, like a cup of glass where is fractured, it will never come back again to it's original state.

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 08:56:08 PM

JJG, this is a THE bullish thread. Please. No need for endless debates about probabilities and percentages.

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/5tgjo8/10_hours_ago_more_2225_of_the_bitcoin_sites_with/

Extremely happy to see you so often Bitebits, and I like the talk of numbers because it comes on our (bullish) side.

Keep it up brother !!

bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 10:35:09 PM

https://twitter.com/ARKblockchain/status/830449521327009794

- You can figure out what will happen, not when /Warren Buffett
- Pay any Bitcoin address privately with a little help of Monero.
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 10:50:38 PM

As I said, it seems I'm not the only crazy one who thinks that we will have the ETF approved.

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 01:00:06 AM

News URL : https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/high-transaction-fees-arent-big-issue-bitcoin/

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 01:04:49 AM

News URL : https://news.bitcoin.com/pboc-exchange-shakeup-china-localbitcoins-volume-surges/

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 01:05:08 AM

News URL : https://news.bitcoin.com/hedge-funds-buying-mt-gox-bitcoin-claims/

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 01:05:25 AM

News URL : https://news.bitcoin.com/reusable-payment-codes-useful/

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 01:05:48 AM

News URL : https://news.bitcoin.com/could-bitcoin-affect-emerging-market-monetary-policy/

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 01:06:09 AM

News URL : https://news.bitcoin.com/four-bitcoin-exchanges-little-identity-verification/

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 01:06:27 AM

News URL : https://news.bitcoin.com/decentralizing-tea-industry-bitcoin/

Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 »
  Print  

Jump to: