Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:42:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Almost every website has banned the US from buying bitcoins!  (Read 1112 times)
OneandOnly22 (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 12:50:50 AM

Virwox, 24/7 exchange, Coin Mama, cex.io, is there any way to buy a decent amount of btc anymore?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Electric Money

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 05:52:11 PM

These are probably sites that don't want to comply with US banking/finance laws.  There's probably a reason for that lack of compliance. 
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 08:25:44 PM

It might depend on what state you're in. NY state is obviously bad news due to the bitlicence but there are quite a few others given a miss by sites. They often have to licence on a per state basis.

Itbit is licenced to operate in all states. Gemini will be too if it ever appears.

CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 03:06:05 PM

Well there's the few obvious ones like coinbase and cryptsy. Localbitcoins is there too.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 09:20:35 PM

It is outrageous what are US government and US laws doing to Bitcoin. Pretty much, if you don't do as we say, we will arrest you and you will go to jail. They have tightened their regulations in the last 6-9 months especially.

I have seen 5 threads in the last week or so with people complaining about impossibility of buying bitcoins if you don't comply with all KYC and other crap. I guess this is a land of free at it best.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 09:29:51 PM

Virwox, 24/7 exchange, Coin Mama, cex.io, is there any way to buy a decent amount of btc anymore?
Thats a very bad news for bitcoin.If US government come down heavily on BTC,other countries will definitely follow the suit
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 01:36:58 AM

Thats a very bad news for bitcoin.If US government come down heavily on BTC,other countries will definitely follow the suit

They're not coming down heavily. They're just implementing the same laws that apply to every other type of financial service. It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.
Vegas To Macau

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 03:25:28 PM

We've been advising our customers at Vegas To Macau to Circle.com, seems to work well for US BTC users.

fractureproof

Activity: 16
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 12:56:50 AM

I've had good success buying via Wire Transfer on Bitfinex and Coinsetter. You do need to send them ID and stuff so they comply with US banking laws, but both were pretty quick to set up. Also used Coinbase, but my limits are very low and takes a week to get even that! (On positive side, you don't need wire transfer, can attach your bank account like PayPal).
ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 02:35:30 AM

I recently bouht bitcoins using Virwox, didn't seem to have a problem buying from US. I think Circle is an open option too.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 02:40:34 AM

Circle.com or Coinbase.

butdabass

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 03:29:13 PM

not just on US,many country just serve a bitcoin selling,not buying..
siwakotisaurav

Activity: 577
Merit: 283

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 03:36:01 PM

I'd say its the other way around, US is banning almost every site('s users) to buy bitcoins.
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 07:19:11 PM

It is still pretty easy to buy bitcoins lol
knightkon

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 09:14:16 PM

They're not coming down heavily. They're just implementing the same laws that apply to every other type of financial service. It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Not only do I agree with this comment, but this is what needs to happen.  I know this is a pain, but it is a growing pain that will make the security of the bitcoin currency more legit and more acceptable.  Some people are on here being concerned with their involvement, but in order for it to become more acceptable as a currency, you need that involvement.  There are not enough people int he world who trust one another which will let the system support itself, so you need governments to make it known that they are going to regulate what they can in order to consider it a valid form of currency.  Larger companies will not take Bitcoin seriously because they have no trust.  At the same time, these companies give false faith in the government process and when the government recognizes something, they follow suit.  In my opinion, this is a step that Bitcoin needs in the right direction.  Like someone else said in their post, if the US government cracks down on Bitcoin, so will other governments, following suit; the same goes for it the other way around.  When the US government stands behind Bitcoin a s form of currency, then other countries will also follow suit.  All just my opinion.

███████████████████████████
██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 07:27:52 AM

also USa have a very cheap electricity in soem country, then can simply buy asic miners and earn bitcoin directly, there is no even the need to buy anything

it's also more anonymous, i would definitely choose that route if i was in the USA
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 07:37:18 AM

These are probably sites that don't want to comply with US banking/finance laws.  There's probably a reason for that lack of compliance

There is, indeed, a reason for that lack of compliance - but different from what you are insinuating. Actually, the US has pretty weak regulations, depending also on which state you are working in. The main problem is: If you run, for example, an operation in Europe and have US-clients, the US tends to look for a way to force you to implement US laws. So for example: If your company is regulated by country xy, you comply with all regulations, you implement AML, KYC and  ATR, your being supervised by a several regulatory bodies and do everything right - you better do not do any business with US clients and make sure you don't have any investors from the US. Otherwise, it may be possible that all the sudden you have to change the whole system and make sure that it works according to US laws - which could conflict with the law of the country you are operating in.

This all started with Sarbanes-Oxley Act, continued with Fatca and has not ended since then.

So in short: If you have a company in a jurisdiction which is Bitcoin-friendly, you better avoid clients from the US.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 07:40:42 AM

Register and use coinbase as your bitcoin wallet and from there can be bought and sold bitcoin in many states of United States and from many other countries. Go to their site and see if the place where do you live is part of the places from when can be bought or sold bitcoin.
Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 10:44:17 PM

If you have already been buying.   For a new buyer they want to know your whole life story.   I mean some of these sites want everything.  Including employment history, SSN, proof of address, I mean the same info you need to buy a house.  Buying a car or a house is now easier then purchasing BTC.

They say that BTC and others are decentralized but it is not going to stop them from implementing laws that will restrict them there for making the decentralized manner relatively useless.  Besides the fact that they cant control the flow besides making it harder to buy or sell to USD or other Fiat currencies.

We need a solution or a county who doesn't care or a means of buying and selling without restriction.  Restrictions are good in some cases but in this case they are making companies make it harder on us buyers.   Even though I am not a buyer because of it.

I don't know maybe i'm rambling bu there needs to be a means to a resolution.  Otherwise why even deal with BTC.  Just use USD. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: