Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:52:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLOTH] Slothcoin 1.3.1 build 3 AKA 300K fork  (Read 39434 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Litejavichu

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 03:55:46 PM

NIce work!! I´m in  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oldambtster (OP)

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

It's life Jim, but not as we know it...

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 04:05:11 PM

NIce work!! I´m in  Smiley
Thx! Welcome!  Cool

Graphical designer by profession, geek by nature.
BarryBatsBak

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 09:45:00 PM

This wallet has a viruss1!!!
SimonCrypto

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 09:49:53 PM

The old developer ditched out and is now running ICO's on c-cex... Best of luck to the community driven project
oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 06:02:30 AM

This wallet has a viruss1!!!

Proof it yourself, before making such a bold statement, please...

Read this whole thread, it allready has been debunked!

You should have a good AV on your computer, that is up to date and set to high heuristics. Also use Spybot Search & Destroy, MalwareBytes, an excellent firewall and the best AV scanner you can find. Avira Antivir is a good one by the way. (NO, I do not have shares in those companies, also they have free Windows versions.)

And if they are installed at your Windows PC, they should, most of the time, stop and remove threads right away. Because they run all the time, in the background. Now, let those programmes have a go at the Slothcoin ZIP, and keep us posted.

Off course I do understand that there are malicious wallets out there, so precaution is always a good thing, in anything that comes from the world wide web.

But as far as it goes for Slothcoin 1.3.1 build 3, WinX version, it is clean.

BTW I am using GNU-Linux and still use up to date AV software called CLAM.

oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 06:05:50 AM

The old developer ditched out and is now running ICO's on c-cex... Best of luck to the community driven project

Thanks! It is challenge, and I hope we can keep the Sloth going.  Wink

kampretkabur

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 07:04:01 AM

sloth rebirth, so its a young sloth  Cheesy
good luck with it
oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 07:49:42 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2015, 08:45:14 AM by oldambtster

So, let's debunk this one LAST time.
(I could almost make a f'n dayjob out off this...  Undecided)

According to a well known online AV scan gatherer 54, of 56, online AV scanners returned that the Windows 32bit executable of Slothcoin 1.3.1 build 3 is CLEAN! They have a sign for that a: V. And here is the list, according to that online AV scanner gatherer:

ALYac
AVG
AVware
Ad-Aware
AegisLab
Agnitum
Alibaba
Antiy-AVL
Arcabit
Avast
Avira (This one I used for local scan)
Baidu-International
BitDefender
Bkav
ByteHero
CAT-QuickHeal
CMC
ClamAV (This one I used for local scan)
Comodo
Cyren
DrWeb
Emsisoft
F-Prot
F-Secure
Fortinet
GData
Ikarus
Jiangmin
K7AntiVirus
K7GW
Kaspersky
Kingsoft
Malwarebytes (This one I used for local scan)
McAfee
McAfee-GW-Edition
MicroWorld-eScan
Microsoft YES they gave CLEAR too!!!
NANO-Antivirus
Panda
Qihoo-360
Rising
SUPERAntiSpyware
Sophos
Symantec
Tencent
TheHacker
TrendMicro   
TrendMicro-HouseCall
VBA32
VIPRE
ViRobot
Zillya   
Zoner   
nProtect

There were two, though that gave 'red', now let's have a look at those, shall we?

First, the one that got my attention right away and convinced me that I would have to dig in deep to prove it to be shaite.
Or to say it in other words: to proof that this is a false alert! Simply stating that the other 54 proved it to be wrong, like MICROSOFT themselves, SYMANTEC, to name but a few small names...

No, that would not be enough, as was proven in this ANN thread. Even a panic reply came by, but understandable when you come to think of the real bad image that some real malifide coins have given to the community. But that could also be stated to be a view of a pessimist, which can be as bad as the one of a blind optimist, really.

So, let's keep it real and f'n debunk this further!

Ahnlab, Korean AV, way back in 2013...!  Shocked
How about an up-to-date database perhaps? (Thanks to VirScan.org for the info!)
Scanner   Country           Engine Ver     Sig Ver           Sig Date           Last update(CST)
ahnlab   Korea-South   9.9.9                   9.9.9                   2013-05-28   2013-05-28 01:13:46
Might I now call this a false 'outdated' alert then...?  Roll Eyes

And people from VirusTotal.com, why do you keep those out of date scanners in your list???  Angry
Because you actually are doing a good job normaly!

And then when I try to find the actual thing that should lurge inside, according to the way-back-engine of Ahnlab, there's almost no data. Or it leads to some software that has many reviews stating how great it is at removing crap... YEAH RIGHT!

Then there should be some files being created, at least that's the best I've found, in the Windows TEMP folder. Well, as a former IT idiot I know that shit all to well. First time you remove it, the next second to see it return. Just a few days ago I helped a family member remove some Chinese Malware that behaved like that from a Windows7 computer. Oh, happy day, but I cleared that thing up nicely, so it can be used safely again.

And while running Slothcoin 1.3.1 build 3, tested on the cleaned Win7 PC, none of that crap happened. Through my years of experience I know how that kind of horror works. And this is not the case. But on with the debunking!

NOD32, whoops sorry, I mean Eset
In the VirusTotal results is states only 'potentially unsafe' and that is based on outdated data. Where code inside the BiTCoin code, of all Wallets, mind you, contacted IRC to get Peers to connect to. Not a bad idea actually, but could be considered a danger. As is opening ports and advertising them in sourcecode or here in this forum as Addnode = ... That is a potential danger.

And that is why there is Firewall, AV, Anti-malware and that kind of software, to keep you safe, as good as possible.

Now, in my opinion NOD32/Eset, should adjust this, but it is their companies choice to do otherwise. Then VirusTotal.Com might be more critical, maybe painting it orange, instead of red? But still it is the same as that what went on with minderD, remember that?

Also VirusScan.jotti.org at least might add 'potentially unsafe' to the NOD32/Eset outdated data... Because all Wallets will give one result or the other in that manner, if the IRC code is still inside. (Which is a note to self: REMOVE IRC code in next release.)

Alerts: DEBUNKED!

And the local test?
Well, WINE, WindowsXP in VirtualBox and Windows7 just cleaned from malware, all had Slothcoin 1.3.1 build 3 running. Virus and malware scanners ready to respond, firewall supervising and me checking the places where malware puts their crap most of the time.

And you know what? CLEAN CONFIRMED!

Final word, well I do hope so, on this matter.

Caution is good, being prepared to threats that really excist? You should do that, by all means. But when 54 of the 56 AV products give a clear, if a team themselves have tested it over and over, scanned and whatever was needed, then what does that say?

Specially when one of the alerts states as 'potentially unsafe', what seems to be outdated and is known as to what causes the heuristics to 'think' of it as a thread. BiTCoin wallets posted and read IRC channels for peers to connect to, that is what triggered it.

And the second, even worse alert, is one of an outdated (2013!  Lips sealed) unknown AV product called Ahnlab, that leads to almost no information at the world wide web, except for some software that has many satisfied users and it is very cheap and find things that others don't find. Yeah, right...

This, for me, is enough to debunk it and state here, one last time, that Slothcoin 1.3.1 build 3 is clean!

Now... Let's get back to get the Sloth goin'!

oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 08:01:12 AM

sloth rebirth, so its a young sloth  Cheesy
good luck with it

Thanks!  Smiley
Yes, the young Sluke!  Cool

Corsa1r

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:39:32 AM

hahaaaa my favorite funnycoin Smiley Nice to see it coming back lol
oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 08:49:33 AM

hahaaaa my favorite funnycoin Smiley Nice to see it coming back lol

It is the cutest furry funcoin there is.  Wink

Corsa1r

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:58:28 AM

I realise now I did not bother getting back my coins from atomictrade when this coin died, oops... its obviously delisted now
oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 09:13:44 AM

I realise now I did not bother getting back my coins from atomictrade when this coin died, oops... its obviously delisted now

That one became BanX and there is no Sloth around there. So I guess they have gone into oblivion...
At Cryptopia Slothcoin found a new home.

bumbacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 01:27:22 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2015, 01:55:38 AM by bumbacoin

So, let's debunk this one LAST time.
(I could almost make a f'n dayjob out off this...  Undecided)

According to a well known online AV scan gatherer 54, of 56, online AV scanners returned that the Windows 32bit executable of Slothcoin 1.3.1 build 3 is CLEAN! They have a sign for that a: V. And here is the list, according to that online AV scanner gatherer:

ALYac
AVG
AVware
Ad-Aware
AegisLab
Agnitum
Alibaba
Antiy-AVL
Arcabit
Avast
Avira (This one I used for local scan)
Baidu-International
BitDefender
Bkav
ByteHero
CAT-QuickHeal
CMC
ClamAV (This one I used for local scan)
Comodo
Cyren
DrWeb
Emsisoft
F-Prot
F-Secure
Fortinet
GData
Ikarus
Jiangmin
K7AntiVirus
K7GW
Kaspersky
Kingsoft
Malwarebytes (This one I used for local scan)
McAfee
McAfee-GW-Edition
MicroWorld-eScan
Microsoft YES they gave CLEAR too!!!
NANO-Antivirus
Panda
Qihoo-360
Rising
SUPERAntiSpyware
Sophos
Symantec
Tencent
TheHacker
TrendMicro   
TrendMicro-HouseCall
VBA32
VIPRE
ViRobot
Zillya   
Zoner   
nProtect

There were two, though that gave 'red', now let's have a look at those, shall we?

First, the one that got my attention right away and convinced me that I would have to dig in deep to prove it to be shaite.
Or to say it in other words: to proof that this is a false alert! Simply stating that the other 54 proved it to be wrong, like MICROSOFT themselves, SYMANTEC, to name but a few small names...

No, that would not be enough, as was proven in this ANN thread. Even a panic reply came by, but understandable when you come to think of the real bad image that some real malifide coins have given to the community. But that could also be stated to be a view of a pessimist, which can be as bad as the one of a blind optimist, really.

So, let's keep it real and f'n debunk this further!

Ahnlab, Korean AV, way back in 2013...!  Shocked
How about an up-to-date database perhaps? (Thanks to VirScan.org for the info!)
Scanner   Country           Engine Ver     Sig Ver           Sig Date           Last update(CST)
ahnlab   Korea-South   9.9.9                   9.9.9                   2013-05-28   2013-05-28 01:13:46
Might I now call this a false 'outdated' alert then...?  Roll Eyes

And people from VirusTotal.com, why do you keep those out of date scanners in your list???  Angry
Because you actually are doing a good job normaly!

And then when I try to find the actual thing that should lurge inside, according to the way-back-engine of Ahnlab, there's almost no data. Or it leads to some software that has many reviews stating how great it is at removing crap... YEAH RIGHT!

Then there should be some files being created, at least that's the best I've found, in the Windows TEMP folder. Well, as a former IT idiot I know that shit all to well. First time you remove it, the next second to see it return. Just a few days ago I helped a family member remove some Chinese Malware that behaved like that from a Windows7 computer. Oh, happy day, but I cleared that thing up nicely, so it can be used safely again.

And while running Slothcoin 1.3.1 build 3, tested on the cleaned Win7 PC, none of that crap happened. Through my years of experience I know how that kind of horror works. And this is not the case. But on with the debunking!

NOD32, whoops sorry, I mean Eset
In the VirusTotal results is states only 'potentially unsafe' and that is based on outdated data. Where code inside the BiTCoin code, of all Wallets, mind you, contacted IRC to get Peers to connect to. Not a bad idea actually, but could be considered a danger. As is opening ports and advertising them in sourcecode or here in this forum as Addnode = ... That is a potential danger.

And that is why there is Firewall, AV, Anti-malware and that kind of software, to keep you safe, as good as possible.

Now, in my opinion NOD32/Eset, should adjust this, but it is their companies choice to do otherwise. Then VirusTotal.Com might be more critical, maybe painting it orange, instead of red? But still it is the same as that what went on with minderD, remember that?

Also VirusScan.jotti.org at least might add 'potentially unsafe' to the NOD32/Eset outdated data... Because all Wallets will give one result or the other in that manner, if the IRC code is still inside. (Which is a note to self: REMOVE IRC code in next release.)

Alerts: DEBUNKED!

And the local test?
Well, WINE, WindowsXP in VirtualBox and Windows7 just cleaned from malware, all had Slothcoin 1.3.1 build 3 running. Virus and malware scanners ready to respond, firewall supervising and me checking the places where malware puts their crap most of the time.

And you know what? CLEAN CONFIRMED!

Final word, well I do hope so, on this matter.

Caution is good, being prepared to threats that really excist? You should do that, by all means. But when 54 of the 56 AV products give a clear, if a team themselves have tested it over and over, scanned and whatever was needed, then what does that say?

Specially when one of the alerts states as 'potentially unsafe', what seems to be outdated and is known as to what causes the heuristics to 'think' of it as a thread. BiTCoin wallets posted and read IRC channels for peers to connect to, that is what triggered it.

And the second, even worse alert, is one of an outdated (2013!  Lips sealed) unknown AV product called Ahnlab, that leads to almost no information at the world wide web, except for some software that has many satisfied users and it is very cheap and find things that others don't find. Yeah, right...

This, for me, is enough to debunk it and state here, one last time, that Slothcoin 1.3.1 build 3 is clean!

Now... Let's get back to get the Sloth goin'!

wowsers you did a great job ..

well i know that coinz have been triggering virus alerts for a long time. - heh and sometimes containing them  Cheesy
but i built this one,  and there wasnt a virus in there when i uploaded it.

the link is quoted here by oldambtster so it's at least this old and i believe i couldnt change the upload without changing the link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512903.msg12264346#msg12264346

i've recently helped with compiling for TRI 020 and BUN so you should go and check those too Wink

edit. and COMM too :p forgot all about that. lol

occurs to me that this was the point of the gitian method which i used.
so i could sort out it all out neatly and upload it so anyone can build it  - but time is busy at the moment so we''ll see how long it takes me

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 03:56:42 PM

wowsers you did a great job ..

well i know that coinz have been triggering virus alerts for a long time. - heh and sometimes containing them  Cheesy
but i built this one,  and there wasnt a virus in there when i uploaded it.

the link is quoted here by oldambtster so it's at least this old and i believe i couldnt change the upload without changing the link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512903.msg12264346#msg12264346

i've recently helped with compiling for TRI 020 and BUN so you should go and check those too Wink

occurs to me that this was the point of the gitian method which i used.
so i could sort out it all out neatly and upload it so anyone can build it  - but time is busy at the moment so we''ll see how long it takes me

Thanks!

And true, sometimes they are indeed bad poisen, but the majority is not.  Wink
Your build is indeed clean. And actually confirmed so by an overwelming huge majority.
(Won't go in that whole subject again... Hahaha)

The Gitian idea is a good option, but did not get around to that myself, lately.
And I can see you are very busy buildin' lots of great coins, you're gettin' pro!  Cool

Succes with the build and we'll see about Gitian in a later stage.

But for now, let's go Slothin'  Cheesy

mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 07:03:33 AM

Updated to new wallet but not finding any nodes.  should I remove old peers.dat and addnode lines from conf file?

[edit]So as soon as I post this I get a node.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 07:06:54 AM

Updated to new wallet but not finding any nodes.  should I remove old peers.dat and addnode lines from conf file?

Yes that seems to be the best way, there will be new nodes found after you've done that and restarted v1.3.1 build 3.

EDIT: Sloth Magic Wink Normally, if you use the new version, it would have taken a while but the new connections would have been found. But if you do not have the default port open, or forwarded to your computer with Slothcoin on it, you depend on other peers that do. That proces could take a while.

oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 07:18:09 AM

And Sloth we go towards consensus on the network.  Cool

Have a great weekend and may the Sloth be with you!

oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 07:21:16 AM

What does the Sloth say?

https://youtu.be/aaqzPMOd_1g

kama

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 07:21:30 AM

are there any working exchanges ?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: