Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:52:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLOTH] Slothcoin 1.3.1 build 3 AKA 300K fork  (Read 39428 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 04:41:05 AM

Diff is so low CPU mining works pretty well.

open console type
setgenerate true n  Where n is the number of cores you want to use. I tend to use 1/2. 1 one a dual core or 4 on my 8 core.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 04:56:32 AM

Any alive nodes  Huh

2 nodes currently showing on https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/BlockExplorer?coin=SLOTH

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
oldambtster (OP)

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

It's life Jim, but not as we know it...

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 07:10:01 AM

Diff is so low CPU mining works pretty well.

open console type
setgenerate true n  Where n is the number of cores you want to use. I tend to use 1/2. 1 one a dual core or 4 on my 8 core.

And it is nice to be able to mine for a while and even get some of those 4321 SLOTH.  Cool

Graphical designer by profession, geek by nature.
oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 07:15:45 AM

And it helps to open port 5107 in firewall/router.

oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2016, 08:24:19 AM

One coin to really take it Sloth? Well, there can only be one: Slothcoin. Grin

Mining with eazzze getting those 4321 SLOTH a block in a breezzze. Cheesy

Don't want to get the wallet? Mining at a pool can be done too @ UNOMP Pool

And while some time ago you could trade SLOTH with LTC at 1 Satoshi... Well, just have a look at Cryptopia at the current exchange rate. And als SLOTH can be exchanged at other markets there, like DOT, DOGE, FTC and UNO.

Keep it Sloth!  Cool

pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 03:58:07 AM

https://www.facebook.com/1721053728154234/videos/1727638994162374/

sloth love <3

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2016, 01:07:03 PM

For the love of Sloth.  Cheesy

GrinZ
Legendary

Activity: 1572
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 04:59:17 AM

SLOTH now available on cryptoguru.tk
http://cryptoguru.tk/index.php?Currency=SLOTH
oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 04:56:42 PM

SLOTH now available on cryptoguru.tk
http://cryptoguru.tk/index.php?Currency=SLOTH

Thanks that's great!  Cool

mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 03:41:08 AM

there are a few mil sloth at https://crypto-trade.net    Grin

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2017, 09:56:29 AM

Hey there you lover of da Sloth!

At moment of posting the Slothcoin blockchain, v1.3.1 build 3, is at block 529358. And solo-mining still gives you a whoopin' 4321 SLOTH a block. Yes, solo-mining, sometimes even by CPU with the build in miner.

Just here again shortly to let you know it is still going SLOTH all the way.  Cool

Have a great day!

oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 11:22:58 AM

Slothcoin pulled out off high diff again.
So even CPU solo mining could do the trick. Cool

oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 08:12:38 PM

Today I noticed a real classic version 1.2.1 of Slothcoin in the network. Better update that one before it is too late.  Wink

The latest version of Slothcoin, v1.3.1b3, can be downloaded here:
http://slick.cf/coin/sloth/download/

Keep the wallet and the .conf file if you do, of course, but it might be needed to delete the old blockchain files and then let it get up to date again. Will take a while, but enough peers in the network to make it update fast.

Sloth all the way!

oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2017, 04:07:28 PM

Hi dear fellow Slothy.

It has been a while and much has happened since all peers moved on to Slothcoin version 1.3.1.3. There have been quite a few challenges to keep our little Sloth going. But so far the Slothies {like Trekkies for Star Trek fans} community managed to keep the original creation of Dev Thimo going. The community went on with version 1.3.1.3 and it all seemed to go well.

Slothcoin has a faucet/blockexplorer at Cryptoguru: http://cryptoguru.tk/Faucet/index.php?Currency=SLOTH and recently SLOTH got added to another exchange called TradeSatoshi: https://tradesatoshi.com/Exchange?market=SLOTH_BTC And it was already present at Cryptopia: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=SLOTH_LTC

574997, that is the block Slothcoin is currently at. It has come a long way since the 300K fork.

Unfortunately Slothcoin lost its two perminent nodes recently. So, some of the community have stepped up to keep the Sloth going. Also there were some issues with what could be seen as Blockchain split attacks. The Slothies managed to counter also.

But, we are now getting at a crossroad. Move on like this, do a hardfork, or... Swap to a different blockchain? This way current SLOTH owners will be offered a conversion to an Asset on another blokchain. Probably at Bitshares as a User Issued Asset.

About this subject I have written a post at the Social Media Platform Steem (blockchain blogging): https://steemit.com/slothcoin/@oaldamster/how-to-save-a-sloth Your feedback is welcome there.

This is to inform you, fellow Slothy, that things are still moving, true to the nature of our beloved creature: the Sloth.

Have a great one!

oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 02:55:05 PM

Hi Slothy fans,

Currently Slothcoin is hot, even though it seems the network lost the two permanent nodes. It looks like the idea of doing a Swap to a Bitshares User Issued Asset realy was received well.

At the moment of writing Slothcoin has 365 MH in solo mining power going.

Yet, we need nodes that are able to support the Slothcoin network 24/7 as long as possible. Publishing the IP and port here would be a great help. Or at Steem where the latest news is posted:

https://steemit.com/slothcoin/@oaldamster/slotcoin-being-mined-hard-at-365-mega-hashes

If there are still full nodes 24/7 for Slothcoin operational that were hardcoded, please reply here to alert me or at Steem.

A big thank you to the Slothie community. It seems that good things do take time, the Sloth way...  Wink

digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 05:50:35 PM

imho slothcoin should NEVER become a token or coinswap ever unless you are trying to destroy it completely Sad

you may not be aware of this but on Cryptopia they have a policy that coins that is hard fork or has coinswap gets delisted, and there are NO bitshares/steem tokens or clonecoins on Cryptopia or Tradesatoshi, so even if someone were to pay to relist it, highly unlike that sloth as a bts or a steem token or clones of them would be able to added there.  So lets not lose the only markets on what has a been a good place for slothcoin, by making a it a coinswap to a token that will never see the light of day on any exchange.

and sloth keep it strengths of being decentralized and a PoW coin with its own blockchain means even if mining stops, it can still be resumed by anyone later with just a cpu or gpu.  
This is not possible if it becomes a token on a centralized distributed network like BTS or STEEM or staking only coin. also you might say hey bts has openledger decentralized exchange, but it is dead platform, hardly anyone uses them, and its too complicated for newbies, so thats no good for sloth.  

if you really need a reason to create a token, then make it a giveaway for slothcoin holders with its own name (slothies,slothshares ?). but leave the slothcoin we have alone and allow others to be able discover it and learn mining with it now and years from now.

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
pacers101

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 01:30:19 AM

anyone have problems depositing to cryptopia. I sent 2 deposits over there and they never hit my account. I contacted them but they said since there is no block explorer they can't find the transaction.

1LwyVhaMyDcB6e2VGRGG7Mj5Jcm5oXcPa5
oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 07:09:06 PM

imho slothcoin should NEVER become a token or coinswap ever unless you are trying to destroy it completely Sad

you may not be aware of this but on Cryptopia they have a policy that coins that is hard fork or has coinswap gets delisted, and there are NO bitshares/steem tokens or clonecoins on Cryptopia or Tradesatoshi, so even if someone were to pay to relist it, highly unlike that sloth as a bts or a steem token or clones of them would be able to added there.  So lets not lose the only markets on what has a been a good place for slothcoin, by making a it a coinswap to a token that will never see the light of day on any exchange.

and sloth keep it strengths of being decentralized and a PoW coin with its own blockchain means even if mining stops, it can still be resumed by anyone later with just a cpu or gpu.  
This is not possible if it becomes a token on a centralized distributed network like BTS or STEEM or staking only coin. also you might say hey bts has openledger decentralized exchange, but it is dead platform, hardly anyone uses them, and its too complicated for newbies, so thats no good for sloth.  

if you really need a reason to create a token, then make it a giveaway for slothcoin holders with its own name (slothies,slothshares ?). but leave the slothcoin we have alone and allow others to be able discover it and learn mining with it now and years from now.

Okay you make a very strong point @digit, thank you for your feedback, I do appreciate it. And it is after all a community effort.

The reason was that the Slothcoin blockchain seemed to have come to an end, but apparantly all the extra attention, at Steem for instance, seemed to get new attention for the little Sloth. And there are enough nodes that keep ik going and reachable for others.

If there is any good argument against it, like you have given, than we leave it to be.

Although I think Bitshares is a good platform, just like Steem and I disagree with you about it being centralized, but that is not really the issue here. Most important is that the Slothcoin community agrees on what is best to do.

The only reason for a token would have been that the blockchain of Slothcoin was about to come to a stop.

As long as it moves on like this it is okay and you are right, it can always be restarted...

oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 07:24:55 PM

anyone have problems depositing to cryptopia. I sent 2 deposits over there and they never hit my account. I contacted them but they said since there is no block explorer they can't find the transaction.

You are using wallet version 1.3.1b3 I pressume?
Then it should be alright if you got the right deposit address.

My experience though is that it takes quite a while before you see it on your balance at Cryptopia.

oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2017, 09:22:56 PM

Dear Slothcoin community,

Since block 300K Slothcoin v1.3.1b3 has been moving forward quite steady, like a Sloth does. Unfortunately the permanent nodes disappeared at some point. Also there did not seem to be peers that had TCP port 5107 open and it looked like the Slothcoin network was about to go down. That after some attacks with older Slothcoin versions that tried to enforce a blockchain split.The past few months have been a rough ride for the little Sloth that could. And together with some other Slothies (Like Star Trek fans are: Trekkies.) we managed to pull it several times out off high diff. Plus making sure version 1.3.1.b3 stayed the longest chain.

Because of the possible p2p network down for good, therefore ending Slothcoin, until it would get restarted again (a possible scenario), the idea came to create a blockchain swap for Slothcoin. All with the idea to safe Slothcoin, by moving it to Bitshares for example. With a swap of 1000:1. Bitshares has its own decentralized exchange where Slothcoin would be traded against all the other cryptos there. Also it would have its own mobile (bitshares) multi-wallet and point of sales. This looked like a possible solution for Slothcoin to be able to move on and even get more value plus better and broader use.

A recent reply by @digit about that swap idea put a different light on it. Now from my point of view blockchain technologies like Bitshares, Steem, and soon to be EOS, are far superior to any other. And if Slothcoin could not make it on its own, it could be moved to a better system. And it would get its own use in a multiwallet with a point of sales to support it. That was the idea, the suggestion.

Thanks to the reply I have become aware of how I actually have moved on. Away from Bitcoin like cryptos, energy burning POW mining and centralized exchanges. Since I became active at Steem, traded at Bitshares and started to see the huge potential that EOS is going to bring, that is what I see as the crypto future.

The reason that I put a lot of time, effort and energy in keeping Slothcoin going was because I had a click with it, like a few others I know also do. And I wanted it to go on, just like some other Slothie fans.

But now things were put in perspective for me, that was the final push I needed. The community I moved forward to into the crypto future is at Steem, Bitshares and is soon to be extended to EOS.

That is where I am going to put my time, effort and energy in. Also because the community at Steem is very supportive, in so many ways. (And I get payed quite well for posting, that is a nice bonus...)

Slothcoin future?
It was, is and will be in the hands of the Slothies, the Slothcoin community. Version 1.3.1b3 set the POW block mining rewards in a way that it could be mined until 2021. If I remember the math correctly. Rewards of 4321 SLOTH can be given until block 1229584 and the current block count is not even at 600K right now. So, still a lot of SLOTH to get. Roughly calculated that means there is still about 3 billion SLOTH to mine.

If Slothcoin moves on depends on peers having TCP port 5107 open or even better two or more permanent nodes available. But even if it comes to a temporary halt, it can always be restarted, brought back to life from a long sleep. (That accounts for any coin that apparantly has stopped over time.)

As long as possible I will keep the website home of Slothcoin, slick dot cf, going. The sourcecode is still at Github and can always be forked. Some Slothies and I, active at Steem, will do our best to keep an eye out for the little cute one. And will try to help it get out off high diff, if possible.

But I will stop with taking any kind of innitiative here or elsewhere anymore, concerning Slothcoin. Time for some new fresh innitiatives from others. For me Slothcoin was, is and will be a community effort.

Thanks for all the support and all the best to you and those dear to you.

With kind regards,

Oaldamster

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: