Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:44:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLOTH] Slothcoin 1.3.1 build 3 AKA 300K fork  (Read 39434 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Sloth2018

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:55:18 AM

Total 96 Billion which may sound bad but PAC has 4 trillion lol
Circulation just under 10 billion.

10 billion times $0.000015 (usd) roughly is $150,000  Shocked market cap. PAC is at $137,000,000

Sloth is about to be the hottest coin percentage wise for 2018.

Load up as the market makers have this at $0.000012 to accumulate your cheap shares before the next run past $0.00002 again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:27:24 PM

You made a new thread and a new site for a coin that already has an active thread and site...? Smells fishy to me...

It's not even like this thread has a new version (Still 1.3) yet for some reason you're hosting the wallet on an entirely new website AND github (when the downloads for the ORIGINAL site and github are intact and working)...?

No thanks... My version from the official site is working just fine with Cryptopia, no need to fix what ain't broke...

I would advise everyone here to go to the coin's original thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512903.0) and download from the official links as well, no telling what may have been added to the wallets being distributed in this thread...

I second this.
Why are you starting a new thread Mr Newbie, like most older sloth miners i have a huge amount of these coins, so please do not mess with this coin. It works great and so does Cryptopia.
I see no reason for any updates
On that note, if anyone wants to buy a few mil give me a shout.
J
Kidbuu1992

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:07:52 PM

This was suppose to be a reply to the previous comment. I have no idea why a new thread was opened  Undecided
The Frisian
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 08:10:39 PM

Like you all can see, it's not opened recently but by oldambtster at September 02, 2015, 10:18:30 AM.

He wrote at the old thread September 02, 2015, 10:18:30 AM
There is a new self-moderated thread for Slothcoin 1.3.1 build 3:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1168909.0

But I assume Thimo and Oldambster are both anywhere but not on sloth anymore.
But who can tell?
ExabyteMiner

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:52:50 PM

Like you all can see, it's not opened recently but by oldambtster at September 02, 2015, 10:18:30 AM.

He wrote at the old thread September 02, 2015, 10:18:30 AM
There is a new self-moderated thread for Slothcoin 1.3.1 build 3:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1168909.0

But I assume Thimo and Oldambster are both anywhere but not on sloth anymore.
But who can tell?

All I know is the OFFICIAL thread (Original [ANN] Thread Posted March 12, 2014) is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512903.0

And until thimo (the guy who actually created the coin) tells me otherwise, that's the thread I am staying with.
mejim

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:45:00 PM

i have like 100mil sloths is that much, its about 100$ Smiley ?

can someone help me to make a blockexplorer for slothcoin?
Sloth2018

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:45:24 AM

I got more myself and will to continue to buy. Mark my words if it stays this low over the next two weeks Ill buy a min 1 billion shares to add to my nice collection.
$0.01 seems so far fetched from here. Almost foolish to believe. However investors will be buying this past $0.01 until $0.15+ like Verge etc.
Gabman

Activity: 88

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:49:54 AM

Total 96 Billion which may sound bad but PAC has 4 trillion lol
Circulation just under 10 billion.

10 billion times $0.000015 (usd) roughly is $150,000  Shocked market cap. PAC is at $137,000,000

Sloth is about to be the hottest coin percentage wise for 2018.

Load up as the market makers have this at $0.000012 to accumulate your cheap shares before the next run past $0.00002 again.

Where did you get the circulating supply info from? The number of circulating supply is far much more.
Gabman

Activity: 88

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:55:45 AM

You guys are looking for foolish investors to buy your nonsense coins nobody wants to buy. Rubbish.
The Frisian
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 04:55:03 PM

You guys are looking for foolish investors to buy your nonsense coins nobody wants to buy. Rubbish.

Can you tell me one coin which is usable in the real world, in your words no nonsense coin?
mejim

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:45:09 PM

exactly what my friends and family said in 2013 and 2014 when i was mining bitcoin and litecoin
Seasonic

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:19:13 AM

exactly what my friends and family said in 2013 and 2014 when i was mining bitcoin and litecoin

Someone boast of buying this coin at 0. 0002doge and he's selling at 0.0009doge to naiv investors. I came here to confirm if this is true. This coin has three different threads and no dev. Yet miners are taking advantage of naiv investors. Are investors really that foolish? There are so many opportunities in the market right now. OH GUSH.
oldambtster (OP)

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

It's life Jim, but not as we know it...

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 03:32:28 PM

Hello Slothcoin fan,

Since the 28th of november 2017 somebody registerded the Slothcoin dot org domain again. You can find the info here:

https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=slothcoin.org

It holds the right version, v. 1.3.1.3 for a 32 bit Windows executable. There are no other version available there and no Github link to the right source.

Recently I became aware of some FUD that is being spread about Slothcoin. And it contains some misinformation that I think would harm Slothcoin.

First of all it seems to be done by some forum members that do not seem to care reading the Thread(s) they reply to. At least not far enough to get a real good understanding about a subject.

Timo was the creator of Slothcoin and moved on to a new project. As is very common in the realm of Free and Open Source software, just as in Cryptos. And there have been replies by Timo about the fork and supporting it. From there on it was a community effort.

All in a consensus about the version 1.3(1 build 3), that is on the Cryptoguru faucet, at the Crytopia exchange and at Banxio.

The original website Slothcoin dot org went offline years ago and got back to life just recently. With a design not really looking like the work of Timo. But maybe a Slothie fan made it. To make sure it can be downloaded and used.

As I came to understand some download links at Slick dot CF did not seem to work anymore. Due to a file serving service stopping to share it. Will see if I can fix that anyway.

But it was at Slick dot CF the community version of Slothcoin found a new home actually.

My activities for Slothcoin I quit a while back, and I did announce it. And just like others promoting Slothcoin I gave away most of SLOTH. Together with another Slothie we did a lot of promotion on SteemIt dot com. With several handouts. And while mining support was low we did pull Slothcoin through.

At some point I made a suggestion to move Slothcoin to a different type of Blockchain, but even the proposing it was getting enough negative feedback for me to decide it was enough for me. There are enough in the community to keep it moving.

Glad to see there is a lot of nodes running on the 1.3.1.3 version actually, somewhere at block 670xxx. And Slothly going for the future.

But, when I got noticed about the FUD that is being spread I needed to get back to this forum once more as this is bad for Slothcoin. Because of the misinformation that is been spread.

To finalize it, Slothcoin in its current version 1.3(.1 build 3) is the right version. And this is the third year since the community fork that it is running.

Great to see it go up on the market. Maybe good things do take more time?

All the information is in the thread(s) about Slothcoin 1.3 and 1.3.1.3, the replies by Timo, me and others of the community.

For the love of Sloth I will update Slick dot CF so who ever is holding Slothcoin dot org can also share the Linux and Mac files. Plus a link to the Github address of version 1.3(.1 build 3)

All the best for 2018 and may the Sloth be with you!

With kind regards,

Oldambtster

Graphical designer by profession, geek by nature.
Seasonic

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 04:58:02 PM

WOW WOW! Words are so cheap to fool people and get their monies.  Is it not the same you that watched your hands off SlothCoin since July? You are the major miner of this coin and now you quickly voiced out cos someone is here to spoil your bad business by warning the naiv investors you 've been dumpimg the wortless coin on.

Below is the copy of your post in July and ever since truly no word from you not even a post.

“Dear Slothcoin community,

Since block 300K Slothcoin v1.3.1b3 has been moving forward quite steady, like a Sloth does. Unfortunately the permanent nodes disappeared at some point. Also there did not seem to be peers that had TCP port 5107 open and it looked like the Slothcoin network was about to go down. That after some attacks with older Slothcoin versions that tried to enforce a blockchain split.The past few months have been a rough ride for the little Sloth that could. And together with some other Slothies (Like Star Trek fans are: Trekkies.) we managed to pull it several times out off high diff. Plus making sure version 1.3.1.b3 stayed the longest chain.

Because of the possible p2p network down for good, therefore ending Slothcoin, until it would get restarted again (a possible scenario), the idea came to create a blockchain swap for Slothcoin. All with the idea to safe Slothcoin, by moving it to Bitshares for example. With a swap of 1000:1. Bitshares has its own decentralized exchange where Slothcoin would be traded against all the other cryptos there. Also it would have its own mobile (bitshares) multi-wallet and point of sales. This looked like a possible solution for Slothcoin to be able to move on and even get more value plus better and broader use.

A recent reply by @digit about that swap idea put a different light on it. Now from my point of view blockchain technologies like Bitshares, Steem, and soon to be EOS, are far superior to any other. And if Slothcoin could not make it on its own, it could be moved to a better system. And it would get its own use in a multiwallet with a point of sales to support it. That was the idea, the suggestion.

Thanks to the reply I have become aware of how I actually have moved on. Away from Bitcoin like cryptos, energy burning POW mining and centralized exchanges. Since I became active at Steem, traded at Bitshares and started to see the huge potential that EOS is going to bring, that is what I see as the crypto future.

The reason that I put a lot of time, effort and energy in keeping Slothcoin going was because I had a click with it, like a few others I know also do. And I wanted it to go on, just like some other Slothie fans.

But now things were put in perspective for me, that was the final push I needed. The community I moved forward to into the crypto future is at Steem, Bitshares and is soon to be extended to EOS.

That is where I am going to put my time, effort and energy in. Also because the community at Steem is very supportive, in so many ways. (And I get payed quite well for posting, that is a nice bonus...)

Slothcoin future?

It was, is and will be in the hands of the Slothies, the Slothcoin community. Version 1.3.1b3 set the POW block mining rewards in a way that it could be mined until 2021. If I remember the math correctly. Rewards of 4321 SLOTH can be given until block 1229584 and the current block count is not even at 600K right now. So, still a lot of SLOTH to get. Roughly calculated that means there is still about 3 billion SLOTH to mine.

If Slothcoin moves on depends on peers having TCP port 5107 open or even better two or more permanent nodes available. But even if it comes to a temporary halt, it can always be restarted, brought back to life from a long sleep. (That accounts for any coin that apparantly has stopped over time.)

As long as possible I will keep the website home of Slothcoin, slick dot cf, going. The sourcecode is still at Github and can always be forked. Some Slothies and I, active at Steem, will do our best to keep an eye out for the little cute one. And will try to help it get out off high diff, if possible.

But I will stop with taking any kind of innitiative here or elsewhere anymore, concerning Slothcoin. Time for some new fresh innitiatives from others. For me Slothcoin was, is and will be a community effort.

Thanks for all the support and all the best to you and those dear to you.

With kind regards,

Oaldamster

Did you realize you hurt those that believed in SlothCoin when you left? Now you are here to save your mined coins. Did you know how much I lost in this coin and Reecoin because of heartless people like you. All your words are empty and very fake.
oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 06:06:13 PM

WOW WOW! Words are so cheap to fool people and get their monies.  Is it not the same you that watched your hands off SlothCoin since July? You are the major miner of this coin and now you quickly voiced out cos someone is here to spoil your bad business by warning the naiv investors you 've been dumpimg the wortless coin on.

Below is the copy of your post in July and ever since truly no word from you not even a post.

“Dear Slothcoin community,

With kind regards,

Oaldamster

Did you realize you hurt those that believed in SlothCoin when you left? Now you are here to save your mined coins. Did you know how much I lost in this coin and Reecoin because of heartless people like you. All your words are empty and very fake.

You might want to do a fact check, maybe by reading all the thread(s) about Slothcoin.

Because first of all, Seasonic, Timo is the original creator of Slothcoin, not me. Somewhere in 2014 I became involved and Slothcoin became a community project. It was forked, a new thread was started here and it got a new website as a home. Where it still is and being kept alive.

In the post of july I was being open and honest about what I was going to do and why. Slothcoin could just move on as it was as it had and has the right tools to move on. Sorry to read that you lost a lot of money in Slothcoin and others. And I spoke out now because somebody is spreading wrong information and FUD. Even though I do dislike doing it, I still like to see Slothcoin move on. Because I actually put a lot of time and effort into it, mainly for the joy, actually. Met some really nice fellow Slothies and friendly helpfull people.

But it is really the kind of responses like yours that have finally pushed me away from it all. Because as I see it you are acting quite offensive towards me with accusations that I do not recognize myself in.

Thank you for reminding me why it was again that I moved on the better things.

Seasonic

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:42:37 PM

I deleted my last post cos I don't want it to look like as if am still crying over my lost. I hve moved on with better projects as well.
oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 09:08:52 PM

I deleted my last post cos I don't want it to look like as if am still crying over my lost. I hve moved on with better projects as well.

Good to read that you moved on to better things.

Wish you good luck and I hope things may turn for the best for you.

The Frisian
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 10:20:34 PM

Which forum is the right forum and which wallet is the right wallet to use?
I thought this was the right forum and also the wallet 1.3.1 build 3.

oldambtster (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 10:25:27 PM

Which forum is the right forum and which wallet is the right wallet to use?
I thought this was the right forum and also the wallet 1.3.1 build 3.

Correct, this is the right forum and version 1.3.1 build 3 is the right version.

mejim

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:28:32 PM

Someone boast of buying this coin at 0. 0002doge and he's selling at 0.0009doge to naiv investors. I came here to confirm if this is true. This coin has three different threads and no dev. Yet miners are taking advantage of naiv investors. Are investors really that foolish? There are so many opportunities in the market right now. OH GUSH.

and ? what is the problem with that? that's how stock market works? money should flow buy and sell yeeehaaa.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: