Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:49:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading Greendot Moneypaks for BTC  (Read 1706 times)
farlack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 03:43:32 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2012, 03:57:15 PM by farlack

Hi everyone, I'm looking to trade Greendot Moneypaks for BTC, at a 1:1 face value. The moneypaks cost $4.95, but this fee wont be included.

I do online transactions, and accept GDMP's as a payment form, so I have excess of what I can withdrawal.

1*$20
1*$35
1*$50
1*$62
1*$70
2*$140

I receive GDMP's from $20-$1000 daily, all which will be available.

I will not trade first, unless a reputable trader is interested.

For those that do not know what Greendot Moneypaks are, they're pre-paid debit card, reload cards. They can also be used to load PayPal funds, and Serve.com (American Express version of PP) which can be withdrawn to your bank account, or spent via paypal. Serve and paypal, offer debit cards for instant spending, or ATM withdrawals. GDMP's are not reversible.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RandomQ

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 09:17:54 PM

This has scam written all over it in so many ways.

First the OP is receiving the Moneypaks from a 3rd party, that can reverse the moneypak or they could be stolen codes.

Second anyone trusting a 1 post person sellings anything for bitcoins, it taking so much risk its beyond imagination.

3rd MoneyPaks are reversible the same boat as Paypal.

If the OP had 100+ post and a OTC rating, go ahead its 50-50 risk.

I Don't currently Sell greendot money packs but Fashcast and BTCPAK do.
MarkOST

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 09:49:43 PM

It's hard to find dependable anonomous cards to use. The vanilla gift cards actually show up "gift cards" when you try to use them, which makes them worthless, and now MOneypacks require you to enter a SS# before usage.

Such garbage. And yeah, I wouldn't trust a 1 post hit and run either.
HeavySteel

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 11:33:42 PM

I recommend using bitmit.net to buy and sell stuff for bitcoins.  That's where I sell my gift cards and Amazon claim codes:

See my recent post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117079.0
RandomQ

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 04:51:18 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14632.0

This link above is the sticky thread from the currency trading thread.

Yes green dot money packs are reversible, all you need is the receipt or a copy of it.

Green dots that are deposited into PayPal can be reversed.

Green dots that are deposited into debt card can be reversed.

Plus you are using 3rd party green dots that you didn't purchase or control.

If you got these from a 3rd party they could also be stolen.

You should only trade green dots that are purchased with cash, and they can provide a scan of the receipt
With the buyers username written on it.

Werner

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 05:00:33 AM

yes this is apparant scam possible. avoid unless alleged 'scammer' trades before.
farlack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 05:46:59 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14632.0

This link above is the sticky thread from the currency trading thread.

Yes green dot money packs are reversible, all you need is the receipt or a copy of it.

Green dots that are deposited into PayPal can be reversed.

Green dots that are deposited into debt card can be reversed.

Plus you are using 3rd party green dots that you didn't purchase or control.

If you got these from a 3rd party they could also be stolen.

You should only trade green dots that are purchased with cash, and they can provide a scan of the receipt
With the buyers username written on it.

Wrong, GDMP's cant be reversed.. Stop slandering and saying they can, you have no idea what you're talking about. GDMP's can only be purchased with cash. These GDMP #'s are from customers who've I've been dealing with since March. There is no potential for anyone to do a "chargeback" even if it were possible, which it isn't. They're trusted customers, who already received their orders.. And the money is still on the GDMPs.. If they were to do a chargeback.. if it were possible all they would have to do is remove the funds, some of which have been sitting there for 3 weeks.

How about you stop trying to get your post count up and do some research on this nifty tool created in the mid 90s, www.google.com all you have to do is type things like "can you reverse a greendot moneypak" and it will show results all 100% of which say "no".
RandomQ

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 06:17:00 AM

Wrong, GDMP's cant be reversed.. Stop slandering and saying they can, you have no idea what you're talking about. GDMP's can only be purchased with cash. These GDMP #'s are from customers who've I've been dealing with since March. There is no potential for anyone to do a "chargeback" even if it were possible, which it isn't. They're trusted customers, who already received their orders.. And the money is still on the GDMPs.. If they were to do a chargeback.. if it were possible all they would have to do is remove the funds, some of which have been sitting there for 3 weeks.

How about you stop trying to get your post count up and do some research on this nifty tool created in the mid 90s, www.google.com all you have to do is type things like "can you reverse a greendot moneypak" and it will show results all 100% of which say "no".

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Payment_methods

From a Link on Bitcoin-OTC website(The major bitcoin Traders)

MoneyPaks are reversible if claimed stolen. There have been reports where the party attempting to redeem a MoneyPak number has been asked to provide a copy of the receipt used to purchase the MoneyPak. Ask for a copy of the receipt when accepting MP to protect yourself.

Directly from the MoneyPak Website

Who do I contact if I'm unable to use my MoneyPak?
Please contact us at 1-800-473-3636 for assistance. Green Dot monitors all activity and reserves the right to block certain transactions. You may be required to verify your identity before we will release the funds. You will be required to provide your receipt as proof of purchase.

This just means you didn't know or haven't had a scammer scam you yet.

Or your trying to pawn off these codes to newbies that don't know better.

Also the only purchasing them with cash is wrong, you CAN purchase them with debit cards.(I've heard reports of them being charges back with debit cards reported stolen also)

If you don't have receipts on these Green Dots, then you have no proof of ownership

Also the way you getting your green dot are against the TOS of Green Dot and they would in no way help you recover your money.

4 posts vs 700 posts

FYI: Besides I know nothing about trading bitcoins, i've only been directly or indirectly involved in the trade of a couple thousand bitcoins

RandomQ

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 06:57:43 AM

Weird, I'm doing $30,000 monthly in greendot transactions, and I'm being told by a guy who did a few thousand BTC, how a GDMP works.

Wow, 30K a month in green dot money pak now that is a normal way of doing business in a legal fashion.

After disclosing that your doing that much sales thru green dot, no one is going to touch a green dot from you.

Very few legal business accepts money paks as payment, because they can use other sources of payment.

Are you a merchant on Silk Road, A cyberlocker, VOIP provider, Tube Website?

Because there is a pretty small list of businesses that are forced to use money paks.

If your doing 30K in sales a month in GDMP, you will be the #1 GDMP seller on this forum in 30-90 days

I'll be surprised if someone trades with you before your let out of newbie prison

RandomQ

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 07:03:55 AM

These are the numbers that can be possible for trade every day.

GDMP loads are limited both maximum amount of loads daily, weekly, and monthly, along with amount of cash you can deposit per card. I.E $1,000 daily and $5000 monthly, so I cant take all these funds off.

That's because they are not designed for taking payment for goods or services and its against there TOS to do so.

We have had forum members that have deposited too many GDMP and have cards canceled because of it.

farlack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 07:09:31 AM

Weird, I'm doing $30,000 monthly in greendot transactions, and I'm being told by a guy who did a few thousand BTC, how a GDMP works.

Wow, 30K a month in green dot money pak now that is a normal way of doing business in a legal fashion.

After disclosing that your doing that much sales thru green dot, no one is going to touch a green dot from you.

Very few legal business accepts money paks as payment, because they can use other sources of payment.

Are you a merchant on Silk Road, A cyberlocker, VOIP provider, Tube Website?

Because there is a pretty small list of businesses that are forced to use money paks.

If your doing 30K in sales a month in GDMP, you will be the #1 GDMP seller on this forum in 30-90 days

I'll be surprised if someone trades with you before your let out of newbie prison

No to all your assumptions of what I deal with. I'm not forced to use moneypaks, I choose to, sort of..

I had horrible luck with payment processors, Paypal frozen funds, google checkout refunding customers $4000 because I used their merchant account on 2 domains, and a real credit card processor freeze funds and lock account for hitting the monthly quota cap to fast.

If I was a SR merchant, etc, I would already have BTC, and not GDMP's.

Why wouldn't anyone touch a GDMP from me?

That's because they are not designed for taking payment for goods or services and its against there TOS to do so.

We have had forum members that have deposited too many GDMP and have cards canceled because of it.

Man, do you have anything better to do than 'attempt' to break someones balls? Seriously, I know the risks, and I've had multiple cards shut down, and reinstated. They flag if you upload them to fast, I.E. 2 within 20 minutes. They flag as if you stole them, not as if you're using them to accept money, please show me where on their site, does it say GDMP's can not be used to buy and or sell? You're making shit up, and making my thread a flame contest over something you have no clue what you're talking about.

I'm offering to go first, I posted previous transactions proving I do multiple large exchanges with them, the picture uploaded dating back 6 months. Please get off my thread.

edit:

And FYI
https://www.moneypak.com/WhoAccepts.aspx

5 sections with dozens of places to SPEND your GDMP other than your paypal. I thought it was against their TOS..
farlack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 08:54:39 PM

Have one for $1000, and $650.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: