Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:16:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should bitcointalk exist?  (Read 1710 times)
rexcoin (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 11:38:30 PM

If we were to think logically and professionally do you really think bitcointalk should exit right now?
Even if bitcointalk changes all rules on here and takes a "Very professional standpoint" i think there is too much damage on here on bitcointalk that would help bitcoin in general.

Seriously think about it, you are a new or huge business professional, someone recommend bitcoin so you check out bitcointalk to see what others are saying about it. After reading a few threads i bet the business would say something like "It seems bitcoin is only for scammers and teenage kids, we(i) am not interested."

Seriously every topic on here is about scamming or finding where someone lives or about drugs or other illegal stuff (ponzi, gambling ect..) and of course trolling.

How the heck can bitcoin survive? yes its doing good now, but what if mtgox or bitpay takes the pirate escape root (please note i only said bitpay as a example they seem legit) and then bitcoin goes down to one cent value again? yes i know bitcoin would rise again within a year, that i would not doubt but in a business sense this is pretty dang bad.

And now we have it that every week or so a old time "trusted" members runs with everyone bitcoins, i would not even think about bitcoin after reading this crap if i had a "business sense"

MANY members are trying and offering bounties for a country to accept bitcoins as there currency, but what country besides the underworld of satin would accept bitcoin?

For that reason i think bitcointalk should ceist to exist and maybe another community member(s) run a forum?
Or maybe just kill bitcointalk and use a new domain name and not allow troll post, or scammers (as in scammers having there own threads/forums?)under the forum?

I did not use a search function but i have not seen any thread related to this one i just made.

Seriously do you think amazon or any huge business would accept bitcoin at this time after reading all this bull shit on here? and if you still think bitcointalk is doing fine then i guess there is really no hope for you or what you post on these forums?
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 11:47:02 PM

And now we have it that every week or so a old time "trusted" members runs with everyone bitcoins,

Source?

Shutting down a service with a several day delay in returning funds is different from "running" with the coins.

For that reason i think bitcointalk should ceist to exist and maybe another community member(s) run a forum?

Several alternatives exist.
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bitcoin:Community_portal#Bitcoin_Community_Forums_on_various_platforms

Seriously do you think amazon or any huge business would accept bitcoin at this time after reading all this bull shit on here?

The financial industry doesn't rely on CNBS CNBC to make their decisions.   The entertainment industry doesn't rely on TMZ to make their decisions.

If you don't like it, make your presence felt somewhere else.   Be the change you wish to see.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

rexcoin (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 11:53:26 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2012, 12:17:53 AM by rexcoin

And now we have it that every week or so a old time "trusted" members runs with everyone bitcoins,

Source?

Shutting down a service with a several day delay in returning funds is different from "running" with the coins.

Several alternatives exist.
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/[url]bitcoin:Community_portal#Bitcoin_Community_Forums_on_various_platforms[/url]

Seriously do you think amazon or any huge business would accept bitcoin at this time after reading all this bull shit on here?

The financial industry doesn't rely on CNBS CNBC to make their decisions.   The entertainment industry doesn't rely on TMZ to make their decisions.

If you don't like it, make your presence felt somewhere else.

Hey,
(1)First off, pirate and bitcoinica, bitscalper i was talking about. anyway yea shutting down a site and telling nothing to no one is not a good sign anway.

(2)I know there are other forums, which is a good thing, but i am talking about bitcointalk at its current state, not other bitcoin related forums, but yea i guess thanks for the link?

(3)Ummm yea i guess that was just a troll point?

(4)Yea i dont like it, but i guess you are the type of person to give up easily? well im not.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 12:08:05 AM

Wow, calling THE single most helpful user on the whole board a troll? Now I've seen everything.
rexcoin (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 12:17:22 AM

Wow, calling THE single most helpful user on the whole board a troll? Now I've seen everything.

Well seemed like a troll post lol, sorry i dont do back post checking to see if user= troll
I will edit my post then.

edit ---
Hey i also had a bad day, atleast i did not call him "Hey asshole for not agreeing on my post bitch..."
:-P
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 01:31:24 AM

You know he is a little too helpful could be trolling us with his helpfulness js LMAO
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12968

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 02:14:50 AM

A forum with free speech is very valuable to Bitcoin. Free speech allows people to determine the truth through discussion without moderator interference. If you prefer to not use a free-speech forum, you can go elsewhere.

I'm not too concerned about what potential Bitcoin users think.

what country besides the underworld of satin would accept bitcoin?

Maybe the seven hellish layers of wool would also be willing to accept Bitcoin.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 02:25:19 AM

Mmmm satin....

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Bitznbitz

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 04:34:09 AM

If bitcointalk did not exist we surely would have invented it. 

In one name or facade I believe a site such as this would have come into existence and the fact that it doesn't show only a 'public relations face' for a select group but supports and targets the average user points toward what people want from the Bitcoin movement.
dirtycat

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 04:41:08 AM

we need another bitcointalk.. if this place were to ever go down and never appear again where would we go for all of our entertainment?

where would we go for all of our bitcoin news?

poop!
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 04:49:02 AM

Bitcointalk is a fan site, nothing more, nothing less.  It's in no way official and if "legitimate" businesses think that being associated with Bitcointalk damages their credibility then they'll stop coming here and someone will set up a more "professional" Bitcoin forum which enforces different standards.

There's no reason whatsoever why Bitcointalk should not exist.  There's every reason why a different forum with a different purpose should be established by those who want to "professionalise" Bitcoin, though. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 04:55:51 AM

For sake of argument, let's say you wanted to start an eBay account for the first time to sell your wares. But before you did, you do a little research on the internet and somehow one of the first sites you find and read is the main forum dedicated to everything eBay. Depending of what mindset you're in, your discovery may determine if opening up an eBay store is now viable.

~Bruno~
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 04:38:31 PM

/is tempted by satin
//puts on a hair shirt

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
goodlord666

Activity: 434

100%

View Profile
October 08, 2012, 11:16:00 PM

But where would I get my laughs from?

AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2012, 11:40:46 PM

Can I put a bid in on the wool?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 03:48:40 AM

A forum with free speech is very valuable to Bitcoin. Free speech allows people to determine the truth through discussion without moderator interference. If you prefer to not use a free-speech forum, you can go elsewhere.

I'm not too concerned about what potential Bitcoin users think.

what country besides the underworld of satin would accept bitcoin?

Maybe the seven hellish layers of wool would also be willing to accept Bitcoin.
Theymos I saw what you did there. Very funny lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 05:01:41 AM

For sake of argument, let's say you wanted to start an eBay account for the first time to sell your wares. But before you did, you do a little research on the internet and somehow one of the first sites you find and read is the main forum dedicated to everything eBay. Depending of what mindset you're in, your discovery may determine if opening up an eBay store is now viable.

~Bruno~

It's a fair point, but bitcoin isn't at the point where it qualifies as a 'brand' yet. Right now we're just a protocol and a (granted a very large and diverse) group of hobbyists. If silkroad is the seedy underbelly of crypto currency, bitcointalk is the open forum where you get a good cross-section of bitcoin users - that leaves a gap to be filled by the professional side of things.

Recently I've been thinking about starting some sort of global bitcoin business directory, probably with a periodic fee to be listed on it... it would need to be the public face of bitcoin - and have conduct policies for the listed companies. Possibly also collecting correct owner/business information as part of the verification process. Not really an authority but a central listing service so bitcoin users could find businesses offering the good and services they wanted to purchase. Whatever this site turns out to be... could very well be the 'brand' we need and also the forward face of bitcoin business.

mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2012, 08:05:38 AM

we need another bitcointalk.. if this place were to ever go down and never appear again where would we go for all of our entertainment?

http://www.bitcointrading.com/  Smiley
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 08:49:10 AM

Are there other skins available for your forum?  I found it really, really hard to read for more than a few minutes with that style sheet.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 08:52:52 AM

Are there other skins available for your forum?  I found it really, really hard to read for more than a few minutes with that style sheet.

I don't understand why people still do this white-on-black thing. It hurts the eyes and it looks retarded, like "look at how edgy we are. It's black because we're underground, knowwhatimean?"
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: