Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:42:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoinminersuk.com: is this legit  (Read 3935 times)
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 07:42:27 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2016, 09:16:27 AM by tmfp

Anyone have an image of a BMUK miner in their house, or a screenshot of the information you get (such as information from a pool that can be screen shot).
Their friendly support sent me some images of their datacenter: I will send them tomorrow.

Did their friendly support have any comment on why they have stolen someone else's photographs and why they are claiming that someone else's ten year old no longer produced cooling systems are in fact, their state of the art miners?

Did their friendly support confirm the existence of James Lewis or explain how he assembles these machines in an apartment (these machines that are someone else's redundant cooling system)?

How much of your money have they got?

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 07:55:42 PM

Anyone have an image of a BMUK miner in their house, or a screenshot of the information you get (such as information from a pool that can be screen shot).
Their friendly support sent me some images of their datacenter: I will send them tomorrow.

Did their friendly support have any comment on why they have stolen someone else's photographs and why they are claiming that someone else's ten year old no longer produced cooling systems are in fact, their state of the art miners?

Did their friendly support confirm the existence of James Lewis or explain how he assembles these machines in an apartment (these machines that are someone else's redundant cooling system)?

How much of your money have they got?

None of my money has yet been sent to him as I have asked for more evidence in the form of "me" being a vouch.

James Lewis was the support so I cannot really ask him: "hey, are you the owner of this thing?"

He said that the images were of his genuine data centers and that other images were the same as they use "the same buildings".

How does one use the same buildings, configuration of miners and miners.

Seems that what they are also sharing is the images? Possibly the only thing they are actually sharing.

I will not even send £299 to them at this point.
If investing this amount, I would got to hashnest.

Some examples of what he said:
A lot of us use the same buildings

I guess the others are scams

So, the others are scams, no specific evidence at all that another company has copieid them.

so we have no plans to con anyone.
How many times have we heard this last one?

There was also a slip up where he said "u" instead of "you"
tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 05:03:33 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2016, 09:09:18 AM by tmfp

That was three days ago, still waiting.
The only images currently on this thread are stolen pictures pretending to be their own brand miner.
Why would you feel the need to 'vouch' for an organization (to use the word broadly) that has no credible Net confirmation from any happy customers, despite purportedly being in business for at least a couple of years?

cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 09:22:27 AM

Hey, Jack! Is that the 'next day' tomorrow or the 'tomorrow never comes' tomorrow?

Nice work tmfp, btw.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 09:32:30 AM

Thanks.
I'm getting Scam Fatigue.
Is there nothing in this toxic environment that is straightforward and honest?
Don't answer that....

tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 04:44:17 PM

Yet not Sure about it.

Thanks for that input.  Undecided

Actually, you may be able to help in your self proclaimed position as a "SEO Expert & Online Marketer".
Looking at my post on the previous page regarding their online presence and poor attempts at credible feedback, what would your impression be of an outfit that behaved like that?
This is not an invite for you to offer your no doubt excellent services at a very reasonable price.  Wink

jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 05:07:11 PM

Hey, Jack! Is that the 'next day' tomorrow or the 'tomorrow never comes' tomorrow?

Nice work tmfp, btw.

Tomorrow - some time in the future!

Anyway, here it is:
REFERENCE LINK
REFERENCE LINK

Identical to these images (couldnj't find the direct duplicate as don't really wnat to re upload them):

The ones that I searched were the correct ones though.

I had to use the http:// tags in order to condense the size of this post, if you want the direct links, pm me.
tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 05:42:31 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2016, 06:51:28 PM by tmfp

Anyway, here it is:
REFERENCE LINK
REFERENCE LINK

Identical to these images (couldnj't find the direct duplicate as don't really wnat to re upload them):

Errr....ok.

So the two thumbnails are what they sent you, presumably saying that they are photographs of their miners in their datacenter, presumably in Iceland or Norway as they advertise?
Have I got that right?

Huh

Ah, I see now, I hadn't noticed that second picture on their S5 page.
So the deal is you buy the S5 for £299 in their Chinese "warehouse" ready to mine at a "fixed electricity price and maintenance fee of 0.063 GBP per kWh." (subject to T&C's), or shipped to you free, same day delivery in the UK....ok...
Anyway, at least it's a picture of an S5, whether or not you want to buy a miner that you never see is up to you. Does it send you letters I wonder, from time to time, like those "Sponsor an Orphan" deals?
I was more interested in home made stuff in Iceland really....

jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 07:48:42 PM

Anyway, here it is:
REFERENCE LINK
REFERENCE LINK

Errr....ok.

So the two thumbnails are what they sent you, presumably saying that they are photographs of their miners in their datacenter, presumably in Iceland or Norway as they advertise?
Have I got that right?

Huh

So the deal is you buy the S5 for £299 in their Chinese "warehouse" ready to mine at a "fixed electricity price and maintenance fee of 0.063 GBP per kWh." (subject to T&C's), or shipped to you free, same day delivery in the UK....ok...
Anyway, at least it's a picture of an S5, whether or not you want to buy a miner that you never see is up to you. Does it send you letters I wonder, from time to time, like those "Sponsor an Orphan" deals?

No! The thumbnail sized images were small ones I grabbed of google. If you read the entire post you would know this! Anyway, they sent quite large images (something like 600x400).
Yes, they say there is same day delivery (presumably from their London Offices).
tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:05:24 PM

Anyway, here it is:
REFERENCE LINK
REFERENCE LINK

Errr....ok.

Have I got that right?

Huh

No! The thumbnail sized images were small ones I grabbed of google. If you read the entire post you would know this! Anyway, they sent quite large images (something like 600x400).
Yes, they say there is same day delivery (presumably from their London Offices).

I read the entire post.
You gave two google links and two thumbnails, the same images as those links. Generic pictures, containing absolutely no proof that they have anything to do with these people.
That's supposed to be proof of what?

jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:10:11 PM

Anyway, here it is:
REFERENCE LINK
REFERENCE LINK

Errr....ok.

Have I got that right?

Huh

I read the entire post.
You gave two google links and two thumbnails, the same images as those links. Generic pictures, containing absolutely no proof that they have anything to do with these people.
That's supposed to be proof of what?

It proves nothing. Though they look more like scammers now, since soe of the other images are older than them!

I just added the images so other can view them. They are not prove of anything (plagorism is still frowned upon too!)
tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 08:46:11 PM

OK, gotcha, that was my impression too.

Next time you speak to their friendly support, it would be interesting to get their spin on their further plagiarism of pictures of the out-of-production cooling system supposedly being of their own new miners....

Graham123

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 10:52:35 PM

Hi all very new to the world of bitmining and having to learning very quickly.
I too agree with many of the comments on this forum as in web site, trading address which is an actual post code ect but would like to say I have bought 5 s7 ant miners and 5 bitmain psu's from James and the transaction went well, he responded within an hour of my mail requesting a price and this was at stupid o'clock at night, he got me a price and sent me a pro forma invoice all within 24 hours, I paid via bank transfer and he confirmed the order.
The units where delayed slightly by transport / bank holiday and he was very apologetic, couldn't help enough, he sent me the tracking info and the miners arrived, I now have an issue with one unit which he is helping with tech support.
Looks to be a guy trying to help by giving a product at a good price and tech support along the way.
I will be buying from him again so hope others will also.
Gh
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 11:59:23 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2016, 12:11:59 AM by Monnt

It's a scam. So are most  cloud mining sites. They are usually either unprofitable (like Genesis mining) or ponzi scams, like (cloudminr.io, cloud mining.website, etc.)
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 06:34:01 AM

I checked their alexa and noticed that they have a high traffic flow from pakistan it has an indication that they are pakistan based,the site is not very popular as cloud mining site they are not even listed on top cloud mining review,better do a thorough research on this

If what you say is true, I suggest everyone to stay away from this, Pakistan is eager to take your money boys and girls, so make your own due diligence and stay away. Keep your BTC in your wallet is safer than investing in this highly possible scam.
jackg (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 11:02:04 PM

I checked their alexa and noticed that they have a high traffic flow from pakistan it has an indication that they are pakistan based,the site is not very popular as cloud mining site they are not even listed on top cloud mining review,better do a thorough research on this

If what you say is true, I suggest everyone to stay away from this, Pakistan is eager to take your money boys and girls, so make your own due diligence and stay away. Keep your BTC in your wallet is safer than investing in this highly possible scam.

We could always send a letter to their supposed HQ and ask them to send me an email, though, since my vouch idea they have stopped responding to my emails.
tmfp
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 09:59:59 AM

Hi all very new to the world of bitmining and having to learning very quickly.
I too agree with many of the comments on this forum as in web site, trading address which is an actual post code ect but would like to say I have bought 5 s7 ant miners and 5 bitmain psu's from James and the transaction went well, he responded within an hour of my mail requesting a price and this was at stupid o'clock at night, he got me a price and sent me a pro forma invoice all within 24 hours, I paid via bank transfer and he confirmed the order.
The units where delayed slightly by transport / bank holiday and he was very apologetic, couldn't help enough, he sent me the tracking info and the miners arrived, I now have an issue with one unit which he is helping with tech support.
Looks to be a guy trying to help by giving a product at a good price and tech support along the way.
I will be buying from him again so hope others will also.
Gh

Just seen this. Why is it always one post newbies that  do the successful deal?
Got any proof?

wesley32

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:37:15 PM

still no positive review, please stay away
Graham123

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 01:53:55 PM

Hi just seen post got lucky,think so looking at posts before me but all was received and had a problem with a hashing board but sent back to him and waiting for its return fingers crossed, the rest have been fine and they all work running 24/7 but without the one board, only problem is it's very time consuming keeping an eye on blocks won or not almost addictive but very interesting and hopefully profitable.
Don't know about the cloud service but purchase was fine.
Gh
Athomson

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 04:28:00 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2017, 04:59:21 PM by Athomson

A few months ago I took the plunge and purchased a 10Ths contract. The payments have been good each week, occasionally a bit late. The returns have been very good though. The other thing is when I purchased the contract the credit card part of the web site was down but the owner offered to take payment via PayPal. After two months the weekly payments stopped. I have been emailing but got no answer. I tried calling but at first I got platitudes but recently there was no answer. Regrettably I have started a claim through PayPal.

Andy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: