Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:05:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Cryptocurrency Social Media Network  (Read 3352 times)
BeastBTC (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 08:31:07 PM

Looks like there is a new social media out there to combat Facebook and Forums. I checked it out, its a really nice and cool site. Its called uCrypto.co

The press release is here that introduces it.

https://thebtcpool.com/index.php/2015/09/04/ucrypto-co-a-new-social-network/

It's fast, smooth, and free, plus no ads which is nice!

Interesting idea and a nicely done site. I am for projects like this. Anything, just to replace and maybe even beat Facebook one day, I did say one day! Smiley

I guess that they don't transmit all the sensitive info to the NSA so I will be registering and checking it out more thoroughly as soon as I get some time.

Thank you! If this doesn't go big or viral, fine with me. It's just a nice place to go and relax, hold a civil conversation about cryptocurrency. I am adding in some cool features into the site not mentioned above, overall it is working well Smiley Hope to see you on the site soon.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitwhispers

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 09:28:44 PM

Looks like there is a new social media out there to combat Facebook and Forums. I checked it out, its a really nice and cool site. Its called uCrypto.co

Interesting idea and a nicely done site. I am for projects like this. Anything, just to replace and maybe even beat Facebook one day, I did say one day! Smiley

I guess that they don't transmit all the sensitive info to the NSA so I will be registering and checking it out more thoroughly as soon as I get some time.

Thank you! If this doesn't go big or viral, fine with me. It's just a nice place to go and relax, hold a civil conversation about cryptocurrency. I am adding in some cool features into the site not mentioned above, overall it is working well Smiley Hope to see you on the site soon.

Beast good job!  I'm on there now. Will be doing a Q & A with them shortly  Grin
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 01:24:49 AM

the site looks great but whats make it better than facebook or even twitter?
i really like it if they have features that i can't find anywhere
i think thats gonna be epic
BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2015, 01:29:08 AM

the site looks great but whats make it better than facebook or even twitter?
i really like it if they have features that i can't find anywhere
i think thats gonna be epic

I am working on a few items and such. So far I have integrated IRC, and Bitcoin and Altcoin prices, and also some other few things.

The platform we have is full of endless possibilities, it is just to allocate our time to said subject and work on it for a bit.
runpaint

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 07:24:57 PM

I think the most important feature is the people.  Because it's specifically for people who are into crypto, it can do things just for us that Facebook could never do.  I've added more crypto contacts in 1 day at uCrypto than I've added in a year at Facebook. 

How often are you able to talk about crypto, without first trying to explain what crypto is to people who don't understand?

Have you ever imagined a place where everyone already knows about Bitcoin?  Not a collection of faceless strangers and hostile sockpuppets; not asking a question and waiting 2 months while you wonder if anyone can hear you.  I'm talking about real live people, all in the same place at the same time, just being themselves - and they're into crypto just like you. 

https://uCrypto.co

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
leipebarry

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 08:00:32 PM

Who said I was a business? No one, and in the USA, as long as you are not making money, you do not need a business license for an online website that is exchanging nothing, making no revenue.

Maybe you should look past my old posts, or talk to some people I know. Specifically Sebdude420 (Good friend of mine) and I also know Adam McKenna, the COO of ZapChain.

Also feel free to check out the Facebook Group "Cryptocurrency Collectors Club" and ask them about TheBTCPool.com - That group has nearly 5K Members and I am fairly well known there.

You are still not telling who you are.
If I would know who you are and could double check you and see you are legit I would probably sign up.
But under these circumstances red red flags

So still staying anonymous?
leipebarry

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 08:01:29 PM

Libel: a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.

You said: "Like I said, you are trying to collect as much mails as possible and sell them to online marketeers "

You are therefore trying to hurt my site and its name/reputation by a false claim. We never sold emails, never plan to, and never will. Many people get sued for libel.

And many people get scammed in the cryptoworld.
Why don't you tell us who you are because obviously you are hiding something.

Many people get sued for libel in the USA since your website falls under USA law.
As long as you can not provide any details on yourself, your working history and how your company is listed in the USA you are nothing more than a scam for me.

Please do tell me in what state is your business registered?
Do you have a tax ID number for your business?
What licenses or permits do you have?
What is the legal structure of your business?

Like I said you can't answer any of my questions and my questions are just normal everyday questions when handing out personal date.
Therefore RED Flags

Like to have these questions answered
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 08:50:39 PM

I don't like social media at. I hate facebook and I won't probably use any social media targeted towards crypto users.
It is counterproductive in my opinion, as I already see some doubt and uncertainty regarding the safety of e-mails used in that  social media service.
I need to wait and see how this social media for crypto users will evolve.
runpaint

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 12:26:37 AM

I don't like social media at. I hate facebook and I won't probably use any social media targeted towards crypto users.
It is counterproductive in my opinion, as I already see some doubt and uncertainty regarding the safety of e-mails used in that  social media service.
I need to wait and see how this social media for crypto users will evolve.

It's a tool.  It can be useful, or it can be a waste of time.  It all depends on how it's used.

The inventor of the television publicly stated that TV wasn't worth watching - he thought his invention would allow millions of people to personally watch lectures from the greatest professors.  And it did have that capability.  But instead of using it for that, people just watched variety shows.  So he said it was a failure and a waste of time.

But now, people can choose to watch whatever they want.  There are some people who want educational programs, and there are channels for them.

Just like there is Facebook, and then there is a channel for us.  Most people use this technology to post selfies and touch their phones all day for no reason.  We can use the same technology to keep the crypto community healthy and growing.  Before, our network was just a little line that said "6 active connections" and we could only guess why it changed to 5.  Now we can ask our comrades to help if our coin needs more nodes.

Your computer already connects to peers - shouldn't you too?

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 12:49:58 AM

Social media is great for promotion. I only use facebook to promote blog post, wisdom quotes and things like that and goes great.

It is cool to have a crypto related network, as you can do the same (promote your faucets, your bitcoin startups, selling/buying things with Bitcoin etc.) that is, much like a forum, but without restrictions to promote your things, as that is what a social network is much about: promoting oneselve's thing and interests.

pumawolf

Activity: 968

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 01:47:07 AM

how do u even sign up, the site leads to  the dashboard page and just  a view of users. very crappy first impression ,hope it gets better.
BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 01:52:34 AM

how do u even sign up, the site leads to  the dashboard page and just  a view of users. very crappy first impression ,hope it gets better.

That issue should be resolved. It was an issue with the cache timeout and the CDN we are using.
BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 01:55:22 AM

Libel: a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.

You said: "Like I said, you are trying to collect as much mails as possible and sell them to online marketeers "

You are therefore trying to hurt my site and its name/reputation by a false claim. We never sold emails, never plan to, and never will. Many people get sued for libel.

And many people get scammed in the cryptoworld.
Why don't you tell us who you are because obviously you are hiding something.

Many people get sued for libel in the USA since your website falls under USA law.
As long as you can not provide any details on yourself, your working history and how your company is listed in the USA you are nothing more than a scam for me.

Please do tell me in what state is your business registered?
Do you have a tax ID number for your business?
What licenses or permits do you have?
What is the legal structure of your business?

Like I said you can't answer any of my questions and my questions are just normal everyday questions when handing out personal date.
Therefore RED Flags

Like to have these questions answered

I did answer those questions, and so did runpaint.

My information is in the TheBTCPool.com article and under uCrypto.co (You have to login to view it).

As this site is not making money, you do not need a Tax ID # or a Business Registration. So all of those question are invalid since I am not a business, I am a private party offering a free, non-profit service.
Rude Boy

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 01:57:33 AM

not much optimized for mobile users. Can't confirm my mail from mobile Sad using symbian model mobile.
BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 01:59:32 AM

not much optimized for mobile users. Can't confirm my mail from mobile Sad using symbian model mobile.

The entire website is mobile optimized, never heard of Symbian Mobile. Is that a browser? If so, use the default browser or goto Chrome on your phone.

Plus, some mail providers may mark our emails as spam.
Rude Boy

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 02:33:42 AM

The entire website is mobile optimized, never heard of Symbian Mobile. Is that a browser? If so, use the default browser or goto Chrome on your phone.

Plus, some mail providers may mark our emails as spam.
Symbian is not a browser. Its a OS like android. I'm using nokia E5-00 and can't find the link from my mobile (i think enriched texts are used). See this image whether i can confirm my registration or not.
(i didn't find the link other than plain text and it doesn't maked as spam)
runpaint

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 06:29:22 PM

Maybe if you can register on a computer, you can then access your account from your Symbian mobile device.

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 02:31:37 AM

I signed up, and think it is a great idea. I don't know why all the haters here think you are trying to compete with Facebook and/or Twitter other than to spread their hate. This is a great idea for cyptocurrency-centric discussions that might not work as well on other platforms.

runpaint

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 07:50:15 PM

I signed up, and think it is a great idea. I don't know why all the haters here think you are trying to compete with Facebook and/or Twitter other than to spread their hate. This is a great idea for cyptocurrency-centric discussions that might not work as well on other platforms.

I'm having a lot of fun with it myself. 

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 08:42:59 PM

Are you tired of being reported tot he Facebook police, or getting smashed-talk on forums?

One free blowjob to the person who correctly identifies where I quit reading the linked website and this thread.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: