Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:47:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006432 times)
AnonCoinTwitter

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:27:31 PM

Ok BitJohn,

You’re on the record saying my funds are safe and sound in the account as of now. As I’ve said all along, if I get my funds back, we’ll call it a day, and I will post here that you resolved the problem.

Question 1) Before proceeding with the password change, can you guarantee to me and the community here on this forum that the 2-Factor Auth PIN is still enabled, and that email withdraw confirm 2fa is also still enabled, and that you won’t remove either safeguard without my authorization???

Because if you can’t guarantee this simple thing first, it would be pointless to move forward. The people here will plainly see that if you are indeed acting “in good faith”, that you’d be able to answer this question simply in the affirmative.

I think we can ALL agree that if Cryptsy/BitJohn cannot affirm this statement about the 2fa’s, then it’s clear evidence of Cryptsy/BitJohn acting in bad faith.

Show us you’re legit and simply answer Q1 affirmatively. Then we can move forward and get on with our lives.

Thank you.

We would never remove anyones 2fa without their consent and verification they are the owner of the account

Withdrawal email confirmations are not optional and are enabled for all users

How about responding to the stuck withdraws you caused by taking your I2P node offline without warning:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.msg12420396#msg12420396

A little communication would go a long way in earning trust from the community!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThrillHou (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:37:11 AM

Ok Mullick/BitJohn,

So you've confirmed that the funds are safe in my account and the security measures won't be removed.

2) I'm willing to change the password to access my funds, but I need your word on this forum  that if I get into my account, then I'll be able to trade/withdraw as you've previously stated I should have no problem doing so, having no remaining reason to deny me access to my funds. Can I get that simple guarantee from you to follow up on your word here?

Because thats the big question here. If you're going to let me back into my account, I have to know there's a point (IE I can actually acccess my account rather than just stare at the numbers which may or may not indicate the actual presence of coins).

If you claim I STILL won't be able to trade/withdraw, then you need to state upfront what it's going to take to solve the problem: rather than string me along again and again and again, with no possible satisfying criteria, because it won't be stated honestly up front. Otherwise, we can go on emailing back and forth for weeks, but I'll still have to sue if there's nothing I can do as the rightful account owner to access my own funds. Lets just complete this and move on.

As an Aside: Take a step back and think about it community: What criteria makes someone the "rightful account owner"?
 I would say that the following criteria are required : A) they created the account B) they deposited and traded the funds C) they requested withdraw.  Finally, it helps if D) the person can be tied to a personal identity.

I have beyond doubt proved to Cryptsy, and can easily prove to a judge/jury that I satisfy ALL of these combined criteria. I can prove manyof these factors SEVERAL ways.

BitJohn/Mullick/Cryptsy: Can you guarantee  2), that the PW change/login will actually give me trade/withdraw access to the account?(as you've already told me)

If so, then I'll proceed with pw change... If not, I don't see any other explanation than ill intent on your part with the "moving goalpost" of endless obstructions to my own money which Cryptsy has refused(and continues to refuse) to state up front.

Show us all you're acting in good faith here I hope there isn't still, but if there's any remaining doubt on your part, after all this, that I am the rightful account owner, you need to state which (A-D) you claim to be doubting up front.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 02:59:21 PM

Ok Mullick/BitJohn,

So you've confirmed that the funds are safe in my account and the security measures won't be removed.

2) I'm willing to change the password to access my funds, but I need your word on this forum  that if I get into my account, then I'll be able to trade/withdraw as you've previously stated I should have no problem doing so, having no remaining reason to deny me access to my funds. Can I get that simple guarantee from you to follow up on your word here?

Because thats the big question here. If you're going to let me back into my account, I have to know there's a point (IE I can actually acccess my account rather than just stare at the numbers which may or may not indicate the actual presence of coins).

If you claim I STILL won't be able to trade/withdraw, then you need to state upfront what it's going to take to solve the problem: rather than string me along again and again and again, with no possible satisfying criteria, because it won't be stated honestly up front. Otherwise, we can go on emailing back and forth for weeks, but I'll still have to sue if there's nothing I can do as the rightful account owner to access my own funds. Lets just complete this and move on.

As an Aside: Take a step back and think about it community: What criteria makes someone the "rightful account owner"?
 I would say that the following criteria are required : A) they created the account B) they deposited and traded the funds C) they requested withdraw.  Finally, it helps if D) the person can be tied to a personal identity.

I have beyond doubt proved to Cryptsy, and can easily prove to a judge/jury that I satisfy ALL of these combined criteria. I can prove manyof these factors SEVERAL ways.

BitJohn/Mullick/Cryptsy: Can you guarantee  2), that the PW change/login will actually give me trade/withdraw access to the account?(as you've already told me)

If so, then I'll proceed with pw change... If not, I don't see any other explanation than ill intent on your part with the "moving goalpost" of endless obstructions to my own money which Cryptsy has refused(and continues to refuse) to state up front.

Show us all you're acting in good faith here I hope there isn't still, but if there's any remaining doubt on your part, after all this, that I am the rightful account owner, you need to state which (A-D) you claim to be doubting up front.

The way you keep going on with all this bull shit instead of taking a minute to change your password makes me think it isn't your account and that you are just a vile thief looking to steal someone else's  money.
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:02:37 PM

Ok Mullick/BitJohn,

The way you keep going on with all this bull shit instead of taking a minute to change your password makes me think it isn't your account and that you are just a vile thief looking to steal someone else's  money.

Most likely.
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 12:24:21 AM

Ok Mullick/BitJohn,

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 12:41:18 AM

How about responding to the stuck withdraws you caused by taking your I2P node offline without warning:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=227287.msg12420396#msg12420396

A little communication would go a long way in earning trust from the community!

Drop your pitchfork and stop hijacking other people threads. Seems a lot of people have a vendetta here.
GannickusX

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 07:37:26 AM

Ok Mullick/BitJohn,

This is exactly what I was thinking.

As i said, all cryptsy hate threads end being false, almost all of them, its true that cryptsy might not be the fastest in terms of support and they have a few other problems but they are not stealing money or locking accounts for no reason, i stopped using cryptsy long ago but i have never had any big problems with it
ThePhwner

Activity: 616

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 11:59:06 AM

If you really get stuck with Cryptsy, the BBB of Florida can and will help. The parent company is a publicly registered business and they do respond to these complaints.

Out of all the issues I've had with them only one required going this route, and as pissed as I was, in the end, all got sorted with the lost funds. I am beginning to agree that OP's motives here seem less than genuine.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
ThrillHou (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 12:07:16 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2015, 12:18:06 PM by ThrillHou

Cryptsy,

Where are you? Can't respond to my threads anymore?Huh It looked like we were making such progress.......

So, how would I go about changing that PW again? Oh, you won't tell me here? (or email me privately?)

So, the status as of now is Cryptsy tells me I need to change the password, then completely  disappears when I try to do so. Whatt's it gonna take? Simple question. My coins are still being held hostage

See my last post. Still waiting. Seriously Cryptsy, is this worth it?

To those who are saying I am not genuine- you're very wrong. They know who I am personally as I sent them all my ID info. I have my whole login history(from the whitelisted IP) for my account. I am still using that IP,  WHICH IS ALSO THE IP I CREATED THE ACCOUNT WITH, AND THE IP I WAS LOGGED IN WHILE DEPOSITING ALL THE COINS, AND THE IP I WAS LOGGED IN WHEN ATTEMPTING TO WITHDRAW THE COINS. Of course they know all this and find it very convenient to ignore this fact.

After giving and revoking my "verified status", they have nothing left, no excuses  to deny me my $, so now they are silent.

IF I WERE NOT GENUINE: WHY WOULD I KEEP INSISTING THAT WITHDRAWS SHOULD ONLY BE MADE FROM THE WHITELISTED IP, AND INSISTING NOT TO REMOVE THE SECURITY MEASURES FOR LOGIN AND WITHDRAW.Huh

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 12:14:48 PM

Cryptsy,

Where are you? Can't respond to my threads anymore?Huh It looked like we were making such progress.......

So, how would I go about changing that PW again? Oh, you won't tell me here? (or email me privately?)

So, the status as of now is Cryptsy tells me I need to change the password, then completely  disappears when I try to do so. Whatt's it gonna take? Simple question. My coins are still being held hostage

See my last post. Still waiting. Seriously Cryptsy, is this worth it?

They told you how. Why all the drama?  Roll Eyes

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
ThrillHou (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 12:30:32 PM

THEY CLEARLY DID NOT TELL ME HOW. See 2 posts ago of mine.....

I don't see any response.

Community: these ppl trying to discredit me are Cryptsy's troll accounts. I opened the account with the same IP, put the funds in- they have my ID and all my info... There's really nothing else a human can do to prove the account is theirs, I've given them everything.

Well, at least I have on the record them saying the coins are in the account. So, If/when they mysteriously "disappear", there's going to be alot of explaining to do to the judge. I am just calling it here in advance(again): they are going to say the account is hacked and someone withdraw the $ and that it's my fault. Sorry Cryptsy, its not going to work. Also notice they haven't  done a single thing to contact the "legitimate" owner(an email would be nice). They have done nothing. I know because its my account.

Cryptsy = reverse security. Security intended to keep the owner of the acct out, and put down all security barriers (three 2FA options simultaneously) so a "hacker" can get into the account and fuck around.

CRYPTSY/MULLICK/BITJOHN: Still waiting. Lets just get this over with.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 12:56:19 PM

Community: these ppl trying to discredit me are Cryptsy's troll accounts. I opened the account with the same IP, put the funds in- they have my ID and all my info... There's really nothing else a human can do to prove the account is theirs, I've given them everything.

Well, at least I have on the record them saying the coins are in the account. So, If/when they mysteriously "disappear", there's going to be alot of explaining to do to the judge. I am just calling it here in advance(again): they are going to say the account is hacked and someone withdraw the $ and that it's my fault. Sorry Cryptsy, its not going to work. Also notice they haven't  done a single thing to contact the "legitimate" owner(an email would be nice). They have done nothing. I know because its my account.

Cryptsy = reverse security. Security intended to keep the owner of the acct out, and put down all security barriers (three 2FA options simultaneously) so a "hacker" can get into the account and fuck around.

Srsly? Just Usethefuckinggoogle, man...  Roll Eyes

https://www.cryptsy.com/users/forgotpass

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 05:52:06 PM

Well, at least I have on the record them saying the coins are in the account. So, If/when they mysteriously "disappear", there's going to be alot of explaining to do to the judge. I am just calling it here in advance(again): they are going to say the account is hacked and someone withdraw the $ and that it's my fault. Sorry Cryptsy, its not going to work. Also notice they haven't  done a single thing to contact the "legitimate" owner(an email would be nice). They have done nothing. I know because its my account.

The only troll here is you. I couldn't believe anyone would be so stupid as to not be able to input your username, email, and fill out a captcha to unlock their account but you have destroyed my belief in that.

"Enter your Username and Email Address. A reset link will be emailed to you." It is that simple. If you cannot understand that EXTREMELY simple process then you lack enough intelligence to use an exchange.

I still stand by my previous post calling you a liar and a thief.
alienesb

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:17:07 PM

How's that class action coming along dude?
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 09:30:22 PM

We have given you all the info you need to regain access to your account. Saying anymore would just be repeating ourselves. We will not continue to enable you to draw this out any longer. We have spent a lot of time making sure there was nothing on our end preventing you from accessing your account. We show no changes to your password. And your login attempts being rejected due to an invalid password.

I can not see why someone who was concerned about the safety of their funds would not take the solution given to them. Please change your password so you can regain access to your account. You have been given the link multiple time through our support system.

https://www.cryptsy.com/users/forgotpass

Fill out the form above and a temporary password will be sent to the email on the account.

We strongly encourage users to change the temporary password for security purposes. This can be done from the account setting page.

There will be a 24 hour hold on withdrawals as with any password change. After the 24 hours you will be able to withdrawal all of your funds.
bigvern

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 10:29:41 PM

The fact that you have not even tried to reset your password concerns me.   You are willing to make forum posts and replies and make support tickets, but you are unwilling to take a few seconds to reset your password?   This really makes no sense to me.   It's good practice to change your passwords from time to time anyways.

From our perspective, this really just looks like somebody trying to access an account that they are not authorized to access.   We get people trying to social engineer their way into peoples accounts all the time, so we don't take this lightly.

BigVern
ThrillHou (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 03:17:22 AM

Big Vern,

Got to this a few days late, sorry.

Thank you very much for your direct reply.  I am going to engage with the PW reset process now. The only reason I came on the forums in the first place is because the endless support tickets go nowhere. So, I will continue to post until the issue is resolved, at which point I will gladly give credit to you.

Ok, so, I'm letting you know here, and I will also simultaneously email you to show it is me making the request, and then shortly thereafter, I'm going to click the password reset button. You can know it is me, because I will be doing this from my same whitelisted IP which you can check against the deposit record you have on file (I deposited the coins from this same IP). You also have my pictures and ID( I can take another dated picture if you like), and my university email.

So, here I go. I will be emailing Cryptsy right now to confirm it is me. Then I will try PW reset from the whitelisted IP. Sound good?

Alright, lets go.

ThrillHou (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 03:51:37 AM

Cryptsy,

Well guys, please explain this to the crowd. I just authenticated myself to you over email and reset PW from my whitelisted IP.

I got in the site and THE COINS ARE GONE. You had better say these are in cold storage or something otherwise you have some explaining to do because.....

A) You guaranteed to me the coins were there, surprise surprise, they *poof* disappeared!

B) No record of any withdraws since my last legit withdrawal. No transfers out.

C) My deposit history is still there, so you can see the coins went in....so?Huh

Please explain, as you guaranteed the coins were safe in the acct.

**Also, I am cross authenticating myself to you here and over email/support ticket, so there is no question***

If you would like to email me the screenshots of the amount of DASH and NXT are supposed to be in the acct, I'll do that. Strange also that my pending NXT transaction seems to be wiped from the record as well..
ThrillHou (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 04:48:08 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2015, 05:04:28 AM by ThrillHou

Things just keep getting weirder.

A) COINS NOW SHOWING UP!(Between last post and now the status changed, I logged out and back in, and the coins are showing. weird but I'm not complaining about this.)

HOWEVER,

So I'm logged in again, using the password they just gave me

When I try to make a withdrawal, it says "invalid existing password". Now, I'm logged in with this password right now, which Cryptsy sent me, and yet when I try to make a withdraw, it says "invalid existing password".

Cryptsy, what the heck is going on? I can't login to my support ticket for the exact same reason.  Please tell me that the new PW in your system just aren't updated across your machines yet....otherwise, bad password errors in this context simply make no sense.

You sent me the PW, I am logged in right now. It can't be a bad password. So.....

(Also I want to note here that I re-enabled the whitelist for my IP, which was turned off. So, no withdraws can occur from any other IP. Also login pin 2fa and email confirmation 2fa both enabled.)
alienesb

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 10:49:19 AM

This drama is hilarious, I think you are the biggest attention whore in the whole Internets.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: