Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:01:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All time highest litecoin mining difficulty?  (Read 18602 times)
ymer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 07:09:23 PM

Price will be at $5-10 in a month if this keeps up, I would keep your chin up.  There's still about 30-40 GH/s of miners left to migrate to Litecoin from bitcoin.

If anything, now is a good time to buy.

I wish there was an easy way to convert PPUSD to LTC  Embarrassed Embarrassed

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 07:35:39 PM

Current difficulty: 364

Sigh.. it seems this last wave of Bitcoin mania brought a lot of new GPU miners to Litecoin.

It petty much killed profitability of it... hope you guys weren't planning on breaking even anytime soon.

It's good for the strength of the network, but sucks for miners looking to pay off or buy new equipment.

Price will be at $5-10 in a month if this keeps up, I would keep your chin up.  There's still about 30-40 GH/s of miners left to migrate to Litecoin from bitcoin.

If anything, now is a good time to buy.

I hope you're right. Smiley
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 07:51:10 PM

There's still about 30-40 GH/s of miners left to migrate to Litecoin from bitcoin.

How did you get the 30-40 GH/s number?
tacotime
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 07:55:18 PM

There's still about 30-40 GH/s of miners left to migrate to Litecoin from bitcoin.

How did you get the 30-40 GH/s number?

The BTC network was about 20 TH/s before the introduction of ASICs... but with the introduction of ASICs a disproportionate amount of new hash power came online as the price of BTC went through the roof.

http://bitcoin.sipa.be/

On the low end, there is 10 GH/s left to migrate, on the high end 30-40 GH/s I would say.

Additionally, much of the new LTC network is from new miners, not old ones.  I've known people setting up operations in the hundreds of MH/s.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Delarock

Activity: 388

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 08:04:46 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost positive I saw a 13 GH network hash rate this morning, with a next difficulty estimate in the 400's. (It's in the chart at litecoinpool.org if you don't believe me)

Was that an error? Where'd 4 GH come from and disappear to?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 08:08:18 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost positive I saw a 13 GH network hash rate this morning, with a next difficulty estimate in the 400's. (It's in the chart at litecoinpool.org if you don't believe me)

Was that an error? Where'd 4 GH come from and disappear to?

They are the purely for profit miners.

Difficulty went up along with profitability going down, so they are now mining something else that is more profitable.

I wish they'd just stay away in the first place..

Difficulty might go down instead of up next time it changes.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 08:08:31 PM

I can't believe how fast the difficulty has been going up for LTC over the last month. Certainly a debbie-downer.  And don't see the rate going down, nor the price of LTC going up anytime soon. ( I hope TT is correct though..)

At this rate I'm gonna to have to start mining Devcoins in a couple of weeks Smiley !

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 08:21:55 PM

I can't believe how fast the difficulty has been going up for LTC over the last month. Certainly a debbie-downer.  And don't see the rate going down, nor the price of LTC going up anytime soon. ( I hope TT is correct though..)

At this rate I'm gonna to have to start mining Devcoins in a couple of weeks Smiley !

I kind of agree with you. I see price only rising slightly or staying stable short term.

When/if Gox happens, we might go on a bit of a bull run. But, they haven't said anything about that for a while, I hope they are still planning on doing it. Also, that will just set us up for another bubble.
hak8or

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 08:55:41 PM

Just curious about general opinion here. Who would think buying a new 7950/7970 or even a couple of them for mining in general, not limited to litecoin, would be a worthy endeavour? Too risky? Not worth it by now? Totally go for it?
perhan007

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:04:34 PM

The litecoin hashrate dropped hard from 14 gH to almost 9. Is it because many miner changed to feathercoin?
relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:06:53 PM

Just curious about general opinion here. Who would think buying a new 7950/7970 or even a couple of them for mining in general, not limited to litecoin, would be a worthy endeavour? Too risky? Not worth it by now? Totally go for it?

If you are in purely for profit, I wouldn't expect to reach ROI anytime soon with the way the difficulty is rising. If you believe in LTC and are in for the long haul, then yes I think it is worth it. Either way I don't think buying GPUs is that risky since you can always sell them and make a good % back.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:32:16 PM

Additionally, much of the new LTC network is from new miners, not old ones.  I've known people setting up operations in the hundreds of MH/s.

How do people cool that much Mh... they must live in the north poll.  Cheesy

By my calculations, that is about 43,988 watts of computers.

That would require a 141,203 BTU, 12 Ton A/C... that's just nuts considering most homes only have 2.5 Ton A/Cs....
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:33:49 PM

The litecoin hashrate dropped hard from 14 gH to almost 9. Is it because many miner changed to feathercoin?

Those are the guys that mine purely for profit.. they switched to a more profitable coin because Litecoin difficulty is too high right now.

I suggest investing in LTC the currency. I bet you double your money in a month. To make that kind of profit with a mining rig, it might take a long time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: