Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:29:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you continue to support r/bitcoin and bitcointalk.com  (Read 3941 times)
itsamemario (OP)

Activity: 114
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:46:18 PM

I understand there is a lack of alternatives, and there is not a better place for up to date information.

But, in the light of Bitcoin and what it represents, neither of these platforms promote the same ideologies.  

Unless you can find a forum that is decentralized I'm not sure how you could have one that promotes the same ideologies. Bitcointalk is currently the best place and its hardly run by nazis though people complain whenever their thread gets moved into the correct section. Personally I wouldn't change unless a clear superior forum came about.

I now have negative feedback due to this post. Apparently I am an account farmer, which is basically as far as you could get from reality.  In this post I suggested I have made multiple REDDIT accounts in the past, which now is reflecting upon my trust here negatively.  If you decide to look, you can also note that the account who has left the negative feedback is immune from negative feedback, I ask you to give it a shot.  visit the account that provided negative feedback due to misreading this post, and try to leave negative feedback, it brings you to an INVALID url.  It;s kind of ironic that after this post my account is now hindered with negative feedback, on a clearly flawed system that represents nothing but what I assume to be theymos. Whether it is or it isn't, the trust system here is botched, and so is the communication element for a decentralized system when theymos owns it.  It's too bad that you cannot voice an opinion without the friendly forum host here basically wrecking your account based on nothing. have a great day.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:50:47 PM

I understand there is a lack of alternatives, and there is not a better place for up to date information.

But, in the light of Bitcoin and what it represents, neither of these platforms promote the same ideologies.  

Unless you can find a forum that is decentralized I'm not sure how you could have one that promotes the same ideologies. Bitcointalk is currently the best place and its hardly run by nazis though people complain whenever their thread gets moved into the correct section. Personally I wouldn't change unless a clear superior forum came about.

I now have negative feedback due to this post. Apparently I am an account farmer, which is basically as far as you could get from reality.  In this post I suggested I have made multiple REDDIT accounts in the past, which now is reflecting upon my trust here negatively.  If you decide to look, you can also note that the account who has left the negative feedback is immune from negative feedback, I ask you to give it a shot.  visit the account that provided negative feedback due to misreading this post, and try to leave negative feedback, it brings you to an INVALID url.  It;s kind of ironic that after this post my account is now hindered with negative feedback, on a clearly flawed system that represents nothing but what I assume to be theymos. Whether it is or it isn't, the trust system here is botched, and so is the communication element for a decentralized system when theymos owns it.  It's too bad that you cannot voice an opinion without the friendly forum host here basically wrecking your account based on nothing. have a great day.

If you feel as tho it is wrong and by looks of it is and no dubt theirs plenty of people who abuse the rating system. Take it up with support and ask them to review it maybe will remove it for you. I don't have such features like this because it can wreck a persons account and some have the ability to us but only trusted members or have to be approved by mod.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
kenbytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:54:22 PM

because are the best and i dont have only one  Cool

unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 09:55:21 PM

The invalid URL claim is false, works fine for me. If you wish to leave feedback, you can try again later.
If you could explain why you have 8 accounts, I'd like to hear it.

itsamemario (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:56:21 PM

If you feel as tho it is wrong and by looks of it is and no dubt theirs plenty of people who abuse the rating system. Take it up with support and ask them to review it maybe will remove it for you. I don't have such features like this because it can wreck a persons account and some have the ability to us but only trusted members or have to be approved by mod.

I don't feel it is wrong, it IS wrong. I have not farmed accounts on here, and my negative trust is basically solely guaged on this misreading of this original post which I suggested I have made multiple accounts on REDDIT, not here. I invite you to try and leave negative feedback on the account that did mine, and you will be brought to an invalid URL page. I do find that quite ironic, and am wondering if the account is one of theymos', or another Bitcointalk moderator that clearly got their panties in a bunch due to my negative post. It is a little frustrating and I will be leaving this forum shortly, as clearly it is not a fit place to judge content or trust in any context.

The fact that I have negative feedback due to a lie, is comical. The fact that the account who left the negative feedback based his trust rating on MIS reading this post, is also quite humerus.  The fact that you cannot leave negative feedback in return to his (or) her lies, is eye opening. Clearly this place is subject to the same type of selective censorship and negativity as r/bitcoin.  It's a little frustrating after working to do my part in this community for so long but I will get over it.
itsamemario (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:57:22 PM

The invalid URL claim is false, works fine for me. If you wish to leave feedback, you can try again later.

Who doesn't have throw aways on reddit?
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 10:00:31 PM

Who doesn't have throw aways on reddit?

I don't.
I have to agree with you that jonald_fyookball might have misread your post. You might want to contact him.
runpaint

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 10:06:49 PM

Sure the quality of most of the posts have gone downhill for the last year or two, but so has the "buzz" and new info surrounding btc. The posts here are lower quality because of sig campaigns, but the sig campaigns are tolerated because activity in these forums was already dwindling.

I joined in feb 2012 (I think) and I knew next to nil about btc. If it wasn't for these forums and my ability to ask very specific questions I'd probably still be struggling with the basics. I think bitcoin talk is still good for this. Anything noteworthy on the reddit sub appears here so I never bother with it.

I'm guessing the REAL btc forum, where the really informative and interesting stuff is, is a private affair that only devs can access (mailing list?)

Anyway, there's really nothing else for us muggles except this here

I found a link to the real forum where the good stuff is:

https://uCrypto.co

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 10:09:12 PM

And what do you expect to achieve by posting retaliatory accusations before you've even tried to get him to reconsider feedback he may have left mistakenly? Or was it just easier to go off into that red ink rant?

This is an alt account QS created in order to sell a DT account

FunFunnyFan?  If this is true, then QS is talking to himself again.  What a tangled web we weave, when we post to deceive.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1077025.msg11603776#msg11603776

Edit:   Exact same post TSP linked to.  Sorry TSP.
You shouldn't believe everything that others tell you on the internet

yeah they could be a 17 year old girl who doesn't know the first thing about professional escrow.   Cheesy

This guy is an account farmer, don't trust him.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
itsamemario (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 10:37:23 PM

And what do you expect to achieve by posting retaliatory accusations before you've even tried to get him to reconsider feedback he may have left mistakenly? Or was it just easier to go off into that red ink rant?

This is an alt account QS created in order to sell a DT account

FunFunnyFan?  If this is true, then QS is talking to himself again.  What a tangled web we weave, when we post to deceive.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1077025.msg11603776#msg11603776

Edit:   Exact same post TSP linked to.  Sorry TSP.
You shouldn't believe everything that others tell you on the internet

yeah they could be a 17 year old girl who doesn't know the first thing about professional escrow.   Cheesy

This guy is an account farmer, don't trust him.

Easier to go off on a rant seeing as I cannot return the favor of negative trust.
hikedoon

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 11:03:54 PM

But, in the light of Bitcoin and what it represents, neither of these platforms promote the same ideologies.  So, just curious to reach out and ask why the community continues to visit these sites?  What is your take?  Would you move to another platform? What would it take? What are your favorite alternatives?  And 170,000 odd subscribers, what # do you estimates is multiple user accounts (I personally have about 8 of those) and active Bitcoiners?

This site has been able to answer all my questions about Bitcoin, so far. I've had to search through piles of bullshit to find answers but it's been worth  it.

p.s.
 When i read your post the first time,i thought that you meant 8 accounts on Bitcointalk too .
 On re-reading it,i see that i was wrong.

manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 11:18:10 PM

Because all other places are dead compared to it, and because you get the developers posting stuff on here. I have asked some stuff in the technical section and gmaxwell was cool enough to drop a reply. They seem overall like good fellas. Of course I see the drama with Theymos on reddit etc and i understand a lot don't like it. I personally don't use reddit, it's annoying as hell when I click on a thread title and a link opens instead of the actual thread.
itsamemario (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 11:29:01 PM

Because all other places are dead compared to it, and because you get the developers posting stuff on here. I have asked some stuff in the technical section and gmaxwell was cool enough to drop a reply. They seem overall like good fellas. Of course I see the drama with Theymos on reddit etc and i understand a lot don't like it. I personally don't use reddit, it's annoying as hell when I click on a thread title and a link opens instead of the actual thread.

This forum is quite good for personal chat and conversing in detail, I do agree with you on that!  Reddit seems to be good for news circulation, but I have since been focusing on Google - Bitcoin - filter news
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 11:44:21 PM

Misread the OP.  Settle down rubberneck.

itsamemario (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:00:01 AM

Remove my negative trust due to your personal incompetence then.  And how many others have you judged based on quick judgement without reading?  Are any of your trust feedbacks legitimate?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6705

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 01:03:33 AM

Remove my negative trust due to your personal incompetence then.  And how many others have you judged based on quick judgement without reading?  Are any of your trust feedbacks legitimate?
The negative trust was removed. Check again, and stop being off topic.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 01:23:10 AM

where else would i go?

itsamemario (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:26:19 AM

Misread the OP.  Settle down rubberneck.

Remove my negative trust due to your personal incompetence then.  And how many others have you judged based on quick judgement without reading?  Are any of your trust feedbacks legitimate?
The negative trust was removed. Check again, and stop being off topic.

Talk about what you want in your own thread, I'll talk about what I want in mine.

Capiche?  

I do love how you contributed to the offtopic'ness. Thanks bud.
itsamemario (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:27:45 AM

where else would i go?

Here's 30 other choices for Bitcoin forums and discussion
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 01:28:35 AM

The only thing I don't support is the ease at which you can destroy someone's trust. I received negative trust from a scammer, simply for calling home out on his bullshit
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: