Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:57:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How to set Bitminter with using a U2 and U3 Antminer together?
Bitminter - 1 (100%)
Antminer - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: U3 Antminer on Bitminter  (Read 1766 times)
michiausu (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 12:08:59 PM

Hi there,
i got a u2 and u3 antminer on my bitminter client v1.6.1. the u2 miner is running already more than one month. now i added a u3 miner.
the bitminter shows me the new miner on com3 port. if i click on tune&tweak my u3 antminer is titled on description as u1/u2 antminer.
anyone a idea? Huh Cry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DrHaribo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 04:59:18 PM

U3 is not supported by Bitminter client, only U1/U2. Sorry. You'll need to use bfgminer or cgminer instead.

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-
zOU

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 09:31:40 AM

U3 is not supported by Bitminter client, only U1/U2. Sorry. You'll need to use bfgminer or cgminer instead.

hello,

is there any plan to add support for the U3 at some point ?
I mean, there's plenty of U3 around and you'd get a nice ROI with the current fees Smiley

I'm currently using your pool with minera and my 3xU3, but not everyone has a raspberry pi...

GriffinHeart

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hello there!

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 04:42:57 PM

hello,

is there any plan to add support for the U3 at some point ?
I mean, there's plenty of U3 around and you'd get a nice ROI with the current fees Smiley

I'm currently using your pool with minera and my 3xU3, but not everyone has a raspberry pi...

No, the U3 is slightly slow at ~60Gh/s and you can easily connect to the Bitminter server with CGMiner, so I wouldn't image they'd need a plan to add compatibility with the U3.

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
zOU

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 04:01:22 PM

No, the U3 is slightly slow at ~60Gh/s and you can easily connect to the Bitminter server with CGMiner, so I wouldn't image they'd need a plan to add compatibility with the U3.

I know it is slow compared to what really dedicated people are using but:

- the U3 is quite easy to use and cheap
- bitminter is fool proof and runs on windows.

So I have the impression (or call it an opinion) that having these 2 running together make sense for the less involved/skilled/dedicated people getting into Bitcoin mining.

Honestly, if I have to get my hands dirty, why would I still connect to bitminter pool using CLI when there's probably a couple of other more profitable pools around.

The main advantage of Bitminter for the casual miner is that it requires no setup whatsoever.
Just plug/download/mine.
literally.

and the U3 is still pretty affordable for casual mining.

or maybe it's just me....

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: