Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:39:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Verifing account of GLBSE discussion  (Read 13371 times)
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 02:35:08 PM

It looks like if we refuse to provide requested ID information then their designated AML complicance officer would need to make a risk assessment.  If he determined there was no reason to believe the transaction (refund) was an AML risk then they could return the funds.  Otherwise he would need to file an SAR (Suspicious Activity Report) with SOCA (Serious Organised Crime Agency - approximately UK equivalent of the US FBI) and would be unable to release the funds until either SOCA said to go ahead, or at least 7 days had passed without SOCA telling them to hold the funds.

Of course they then have to deal with the possibly tricky situation of explaining to SOCA why they're requesting AML information and making SARs without being registered with any of the AML supervisory bodies.  But that's their problem - not ours.

Silly thing is that it's likely the vast majority of accounts fall below the threshhold where they need to do any AML checks anyway.  E.g. currency exchanges only need to ask for ID for transactions above a certain amount (I can walk into a high-street bureau and exchange GBP into another currency without giving any ID information at all) .  Same for coneyancing firms (limit there is 15,000 euros - it's defined in euros as the UK law is an implementation of a eurozone-wide directive).

Pretty sure if they go to SOCA whining about someone refusing to provide ID for 10 BTC or even 100 BTC then SOCA would have far more interest in GLBSE than in the customer.

They also DO have an obligation not to unreasonably withhold service if a customer is unable to provide documentation in the form they request - not sure what policy they have for that.  e.g. if someone can't provide the documentation they request then they should be returning funds and (if they believe appropraite) filing an SAR (with a 7 day delay in refunding if they file an SAR).

This.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HorseRider (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 02:53:46 PM

Nefario, after you return all the bitcoins and assets, welcome back to China and teach English again.

Please remove my 2fa if you put some other closure system online.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
gabbynot

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 02:55:37 PM

Nefario, after you return all the bitcoins and assets, welcome back to China and teach English again.

Please remove my 2fa.

He gets to keep all the BTC/assets of people who refuse to hand over their ID's.  That should keep him afloat for awhile.
HorseRider (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 02:58:16 PM

He gets to keep all the BTC/assets of people who refuse to hand over their ID's.  That should keep him afloat for awhile.

There are some people who refuse to hand over ID to Nefario while they will identify themselves to police. then Nefario will have serious trouble.

Nefario, if BitcoinGlobal refuse or cannot afford to hire a lawyer for you, you should hire one yourself now. You should discuss this deeply with the lawyer. As GLBSE is illegal from the start, now close it with some other action which are not 100% for sure legal, it's not a good method to make up.

Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 02:59:27 PM

I would consider meeting this criteria if nefario were to provide me with a HD photo of his passport, drivers licence, 2 utility bills and a picture of him holding a note saying "you must be fucking joking" and a hot chick doing "bunny ears" on him.

Seriously what a farce
<--- is my picture
the email he holds for me is my ozco.in email
my real name is on the 1st post of  my pools thread

I would have about 2BTC in Glbse in BTC when did you need to do AML stuff for $24?
The total amount of coins I "invested" into bonds is ~$1800 this does not exceed any AML regulation in any country I am aware of.

More importantly the details of bondholders should be forwarded to bond issuers so contact can be made.

Did I mention farce?
sigh

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 03:18:47 PM

You already have all my information since I am fully verified.  I will send it to you again if necessary.  Just open up the damn site again.

Or at least update the status on the site and let us know what the hell is going on?

Did you run out of BTC?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 03:25:37 PM

Has anyone tried to contact these mysterious gov agencies that may be behind all of this?

Yes.

I don't even HAVE a utility bill to my name + home to begin with, also I'm now really worried that someone could just claim to have owned my account instead. Why the hell can't we at least use our EXISTING login data on a demo site in the mean time just to see our balance etc.?!
Because he doesn't want you to prove your ownership of the account, he wants your info so you could be prosecuted.

Or because he doesn't want you to prove your ownership of the account, he wants to keep your assets instead.

I'm not sure if existing "real" online financial insitutions require more or even less than these documents for AML...

Personally, having 4 brokerage accounts (2 margin, 2 cash), 7 checking accounts, 7 savings accounts, 7 credit accounts, 2 IRAs, a 401k, a mortgage, a HELOC, plus Dwolla, Paypal, Moneybookers, and Google Checkout, I have not once been asked for the kind of documents GLBSE is now requesting.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 03:28:38 PM

I would consider meeting this criteria if nefario were to provide me with a HD photo of his passport, drivers licence, 2 utility bills and a picture of him holding a note saying "you must be fucking joking" and a hot chick doing "bunny ears" on him.

Seriously what a farce

I would have about 2BTC in Glbse in BTC when did you need to do AML stuff for $24?
The total amount of coins I "invested" into bonds is ~$1800 this does not exceed any AML regulation in any country I am aware of.

More importantly the details of bondholders should be forwarded to bond issuers so contact can be made.

Did I mention farce?
sigh

+10

James McCarthy, what if a call is placed to FSA office and they know nothing about you or GLBSE, what then?

Code:
owner-name: James McCarthy
owner-street: 21 Rivington Road
owner-city: Chorley
owner-state: Lancashire
owner-zip: PR60EX
owner-country: GB
owner-phone: +44.7577006897
owner-fax:
owner-email: admin@glbse.com

Do you understand that if this identity is fake/stolen, you are in even deeper shit than you are right now Smiley

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 03:51:01 PM

Personally, having 4 brokerage accounts (2 margin, 2 cash), 7 checking accounts, 7 savings accounts, 7 credit accounts, 2 IRAs, a 401k, a mortgage, a HELOC, plus Dwolla, Paypal, Moneybookers, and Google Checkout, I have not once been asked for the kind of documents GLBSE is now requesting.

I got asked at one point during Brian Marsden's massive ponzi scheme.

After e-gold was seized by the feds getting in to my accounts there again I just told them all the email addresses I had used with the accounts and what my IP address ranges tend to be kind of stuff so they could clear up a "check the guy's IP is reasonable" security thing. No photos no utility bills etc even though presumably by that point the thing basically shut down and thus little resaon for my info to be wanted other than by the feds to pursue me. So hmm hmmm hmmmmm...

In short I know a ponzi operation wanted materials necessary for stealing my identity but have yet to encounter a legitimate licensed money-whatever operation that did.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
HorseRider (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 04:30:04 PM

I just had a call with James, and he has said that there should be a way to claim what yours on GLBSE within a day, and everything in terms of shareholder info and people getting their btc back should be resolved this week.

He definitely could have closed the exchange a bit more gracefully, but according to him, he doesn't want to hold the high amount of liability he has attained any longer.

So let's stop the fud for a bit, and see how this week goes.

Best of luck to everyone involved,
Garrett

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 05:37:21 PM

Lets assume that Nefario and the whole GLBSE gang are way bigger scammers than any of us wants to believe.
You send them your HD photo of your passport (probably illegal in some parts of the world), image of your drivers licence, 2 utility bills etc. Then what?
How do you know that those are not used in next scam for "identification" and when shit hits the fan there... YOU! are the guy who is in neck deep.

Send your ID, shoe number and what not ONLY! if it's requested via some official channel and you can verify who is asking and why.

This AML bull shit IS bull shit in a can.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
gabbynot

Activity: 341

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 05:41:53 PM

Lets assume that Nefario and the whole GLBSE gang are way bigger scammers than any of us wants to believe.
You send them your HD photo of your passport (probably illegal in some parts of the world), image of your drivers licence, 2 utility bills etc. Then what?
How do you know that those are not used in next scam for "identification" and when shit hits the fan there... YOU! are the guy who is in neck deep.

Send your ID, shoe number and what not ONLY! if it's requested via some official channel and you can verify who is asking and why.

This AML bull shit IS bull shit in a can.

AML is just a smokescreen.  What do you think GLBSE is going to do with all the assets of people who refuse to provide ID, give it to charity?
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 05:42:53 PM

I just had a call with James, and he has said that there should be a way to claim what yours on GLBSE within a day, and everything in terms of shareholder info and people getting their btc back should be resolved this week.

He definitely could have closed the exchange a bit more gracefully, but according to him, he doesn't want to hold the high amount of liability he has attained any longer.

So let's stop the fud for a bit, and see how this week goes.

Best of luck to everyone involved,
Garrett

I do believe I've heard that one before.  If only I could recall where...

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
VeeMiner

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 05:54:42 PM

This is so pathetic! I'm glad that I only "invested" couple BTC, because I can't believe how irresponsibly is GLBSE going around this. Unbelieveable!
Energizer

Activity: 273

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 06:01:20 PM

Seriously what a farce
<--- is my picture
the email he holds for me is my ozco.in email
my real name is on the 1st post of  my pools thread

Did I mention farce?
sigh

+1
aura.flux

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 06:19:51 PM

Seriously what a farce

Did I mention farce?
sigh

+10

James McCarthy, what if a call is placed to FSA office and they know nothing about you or GLBSE, what then?

Code:
owner-name: James McCarthy
owner-street: 21 Rivington Road
owner-city: Chorley
owner-state: Lancashire
owner-zip: PR60EX
owner-country: GB
owner-phone: +44.7577006897
owner-fax:
owner-email: admin@glbse.com

Do you understand that if this identity is fake/stolen, you are in even deeper shit than you are right now Smiley

+1
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 06:25:59 PM

I suspect  Nefario and all of us are being screwed by his incompetent lawyer, or even worse by SEC, Pirate, or PPT gang who all have important interest, one way or another, in GLBSE database. SEC/FSA want to see it (assuming they really are involved), Pirate and the PPT gang want nobody to be able to see it, ever.
There is no way whatsoever a lawyer would ask him to collect personal information like this, in violation of so many laws and regulations.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 06:43:04 PM

Haha, I thought something along those lines as well. Wink

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
BR0KK

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 07:00:41 PM

I have about 25 to 30 BTC there in bonds..... I wont give out my private info (i think he already has my name from the email adress i used to sign up)

Whats next ? How do i get the BTC back?

I have no clue how many bonds of each "company" i own...

stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 07:29:04 PM

I have about 25 to 30 BTC there in bonds..... I wont give out my private info (i think he already has my name from the email adress i used to sign up)

Whats next ? How do i get the BTC back?

I have no clue how many bonds of each "company" i own...

Is everyone in the habit of not keeping records of their sales and purchases?  How do you know if you make a profit?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: