Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:19:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTcoinescrow dot com - New Escrow Website  (Read 632 times)
Mine24-7 (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 04:46:01 PM

BTcoinescrow dot com... Has anyone used this escrow website yet?

What I like about it:
Domain purchased from a guy in Texas through GoDaddy. (USA is a +)
Server located in Arizona (USA is a +)

What I don't like about it:
Domain purchased just 145 days ago.
Can't find any review on using the service.
Reviews on the website only say "Be careful, it's NEW!!!"
Doesn't seem to be any security on the website. (It's all "http:" / No "https:" pages)

TIA
Mine24-7
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
melisande

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 06:57:37 PM

The website look suspicious but always remember the warning sign, the website might only be accepting and refuse to pay out.
I will advise you to wait for some review before committing your funds to them.
IronMarvel

Activity: 448

★☆ QDice.net ★☆ Co-Owner

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 07:13:03 PM

does not look trustworthy to me just stick to forum escrow here

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄
        ▄███▀▀▀     ▄▄███▄▄      ▀▀▀██▄
        ██▀     ▄▄███████████▄▄       ▀▀█▄
       ██▀     ▀███████▄███████▀  ▄      ▀█▄
       ██     █▄▄ ▀▀███████▀▀ ▄▄█  █▄      ▀█▄
       ▀█▄    █████▄▄ ▀█▀ ▄▄█████   ▀█▄      ▀█
█▄      ▀█▄   ████████▄ ▄████████    ▀█▄
 ▀█▄      ▀█  ████▀█▄██ ██▄██████     ██
   ▀█▄      ██▄██████ ██████▄██    ▄██
     ▀█▄▄      ▀▀██████ ██████▀▀    ▄██
        ▀██▄▄▄     ▀▀██ ██▀▀    ▄▄▄███▀
           ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
                ▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
|QUANTUM|DICE|██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
0.01%
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄██▄▄
▄█ ██ █▄
▀█▀▀▀▀█▀
 ▀▀██▀▀

▀██▀
 ▄████▄
████████
▀██████▀

▄ ██ ▄
▄█ ██ █▄
▀█▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▀▀██▀▀
Cxinbolen

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 07:14:43 PM

They will run with escrow funds as soon as someone tries to escrow over 1BTC with them. I don't see why you guys continue to try and find crazy ways to do business while the old, faithful forum escrow is doing its job completely fine.
bitcoin1992

Activity: 342

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 08:28:20 PM

Its better to use forum escrow rather than trying a new site. Forum escrows are always safe and p2p interaction is always better than person 2 computer interaction.
Mine24-7 (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 09:33:44 PM

OK, thanks for the quick responses. It looks like OgNasty has been doing it longest and has the best score. I'll see if my buyer is willing to do an escrow with him.
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 10:23:10 PM

Site doesn't look trustworthy at all. Their SSL logo isn't even real and they don't seem to have proper SSL set up on their site at all. Along with the fact that this site has no real history and is relatively new, I wouldn't trust it with any amount of funds.

You're better off using something like cryptothrift or localbitcoins escrow if your buyer is not comfortable with using a forum escrow like OGNasty. I'd still recommend a forum escrow over cryptothrift or LBC. OGNasty is a good pick.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 12:26:26 AM

Like what they  already said site looks suspicious. I doubt their security plus owner of this site is not known in this forum so rather than using this one, I'd still prefer the forum escrow to be more secure.
Mine24-7 (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 12:32:04 AM

Yes,
Thank you master-p and jacee. I did contact OgNasty about doing the escrow. He said is wouldn't do it because it wasn't BTC for a product. It's BTC for cash, and he won't do it when there's cash involved. I'm not sure why, but that's what he said.

Thanks again for everyone's response!
master-P

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 01:11:55 AM

Yes,
Thank you master-p and jacee. I did contact OgNasty about doing the escrow. He said is wouldn't do it because it wasn't BTC for a product. It's BTC for cash, and he won't do it when there's cash involved. I'm not sure why, but that's what he said.

That's odd unless you need the escrow to hold the cash as well? Escrows here will hold the BTC for you no problem.

If you need help, perhaps I can help escrow just send me the details.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Mine24-7 (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 01:48:30 AM

Yes,

That's odd unless you need the escrow to hold the cash as well? Escrows here will hold the BTC for you no problem.

We didn't want the cash held, only the BTC. I wanted OgNasty to hold the BTC, then after I received the cash, he would then release the BTC to the guy who sent me the cash.

All the escrows I've seen, the escrow holds the BTC.

It would be just like me buying a product from the guy. But instead of him sending me a product, he's sending me cash.
master-P

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 01:57:18 AM

Yes,

We didn't want the cash held, only the BTC. I wanted OgNasty to hold the BTC, then after I received the cash, he would then release the BTC to the guy who sent me the cash.

It would be just like me buying a product from the guy. But instead of him sending me a product, he's sending me cash.

Correct. That is how it's handled around here for the most part.

jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 02:06:18 AM

Yes,

Correct. That is how it's handled around here for the most part.

But I think if there is a cash involved no physical product then I think both the cash and btc should be held by the escrow. Transactions should be p1 send cash to escrow p2 send btc to escrow, if both received by escrow then escrow release the btc and cash to both party.
Mine24-7 (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 02:28:11 AM

That makes sense jacee.
But how do you move cash around if you're not a bank? The guy with the cash would have to Western Union (or somehow) the cash to the escrow, then escrow would have to Western Union it to me. That means TWO Western Union fees! Western Union will make more on the deal than I would!

There's only one way to do it. That's treat the cash like it's a product. What difference does it make if I send him 1 BTC (worth about $240 right now), and he sends me $240 or an item worth $240? Either way, he sends something directly to me something that's worth $240. (or whatever the agreed upon price is)
lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 12:15:45 PM

That makes sense jacee.
But how do you move cash around if you're not a bank? The guy with the cash would have to Western Union (or somehow) the cash to the escrow, then escrow would have to Western Union it to me. That means TWO Western Union fees! Western Union will make more on the deal than I would!

There's only one way to do it. That's treat the cash like it's a product. What difference does it make if I send him 1 BTC (worth about $240 right now), and he sends me $240 or an item worth $240? Either way, he sends something directly to me something that's worth $240. (or whatever the agreed upon price is)
So who use this service not get charge fee transaction?
Sorry to say this i would choose escrow from this forum for escrow service
21coin

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

Sarthak's a dumb girl

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 12:24:13 PM

There are plenty of trusted escrow in the forum here, and many provide their services for free. I'd suggest you to stick with forum instead of a new site.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: