Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:24:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ion.cash "developer" a.k.a. Anonymint goes off the deep end  (Read 9075 times)
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 04:53:57 PM

Recently every few comments of yours is about how you solved world hunger

I have never claimed that.

The claims I have made about having two unpublished white papers which explain how to do the features I have claimed are factually true statements.

I'm not saying they are not true, but you don't prove it so it is nothing else, but hype. Expected you to understand my simple comment since you seem like a clever guy.

My claims were made in my one thread and made in a very subdued manner. I didn't go around hyping. The amount of attention and energy directed at slandering me is incredibly disproportionate to the amount of attention I actually solicited. Have fun with your useless masturbation.

I think you need to learn how to use a dictionary:

hype1

noun
extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion.

verb
promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits.

There is no hype. All of these foolish bastards are going to eat their foolish words. And no I will not accept their apologies because they are not the altcoin police. No one appointed them to that role.

Also you literally listed every problem of bitcoin and stated you solve it

The current focus of my development on this coin is to complete a novel consensus network design which has proposed the following fixes to flaws in Satoshi’s design while retaining proof-of-work as unbounded entropy[1]:

• Censorship resistance even if mining is entirely centralized.
  • Attack-free instant zero confirmation instantaneous transactions.
  • Impervious to selfish mining and 51% attacks.
  • Transaction rates virtually unbounded by block chain bandwidth and size.
  • Resilient against network fragmentation.
  • Decentralization of pools and ASICs by making them uneconomic.
  • Non-heuristic Sybil and DoS resistance.

None of the above is a joke nor exaggeration. I am entirely serious. My programming background and expertise is documented in the archives of my prior usernames.

Also:

The correct solution is invent a decentralized ecosystem coin that will be used by millions of people every day.

Aiming lower is slower, lower, and not my style. Then you worry about being pecked off by a larger small bird.

I have produced million user software back when the internet population was 1/10 of its current size.

Anyone viewing your comment history can decide if your hyping or not. I can read back the most recent ones if you wish and copy everything here so it will be in 1 viewable comment.

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 05:14:03 PM

Anyone viewing your comment history can decide if your hyping or not.

And that is all the civility I ever asked for.

Not giving the power to one young punk who was never elected to put a big read warning on my username (when I am posting as ion.cash) to be careful about my trust level without any preponderance of evidence that I am untrustworthy. That is not a civil society.

wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 09:02:52 PM

trust is not only used for busting scammers, many use it that way though.

I can understand OPs logic, as it's perfectly fine to distrust an altcoin dev who's hyping / promising the world. also, he stated that he will delete the trust if the coin is fully released as promised.

and insulting people leads to situations like this. very unprofessional behavior.

I would agree if *mint was soliciting money for his project which at this point is vapour ware but to the best of my knowledge he is just tooting his horn without asking for money.

YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 10:11:50 PM

If that is the idiotic system you want, then you deserve the fact that serious software developers refuse to develop for your dysfunctional community and that is why you end up with shitcoins instead.

All sorts of folks here, don't let the smelly surface foam
get at you. Merit will be recognized by those who merit it.

“God does not play dice"
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 10:41:56 PM

I can understand OPs logic, as it's perfectly fine to distrust an altcoin dev who's hyping / promising the world. also, he stated that he will delete the trust if the coin is fully released as promised.

and insulting people leads to situations like this. very unprofessional behavior.

I would agree if *mint was soliciting money for his project which at this point is vapour ware but to the best of my knowledge he is just tooting his horn without asking for money.

You can decide if he is soliciting money based on the below post or not...

How To Invest in AnonyMint's Project

I suddenly realized I need to open up the communication more because there is difficulty with communicating with potential angel investors.

I had always wanted to release a project without announcing AnonyMint's involvement. I wanted a project that could succeed on its own white papers, marketing, and technical merits, in order to avoid politics (attacking AnonyMint or thinking I am using AM's reputation to push one project over the other). Unfortunately it is very, very difficult to achieve this goal as explained below.

It seems I am having difficulty communicating with potential angel investors in order to be sure the innovations I design for anonymity (coin and network) and decentralization (solving the problems plaguing Bitcoin with scaling and also making mining centralization very unlikely) are developed and launched, because it is difficult for a myraid of individuals to each individually implement the required computer security. I think it asking too much from individuals and it is also not a very secure paradigm to have myself communicating to numerous individuals all of which I have assumed are running a sufficiently secure setup. If any one of them screws up, then my anonymity (plausible deniability since everyone knows I am working on "something") and privacy (encrypted communication) is destroyed.

Also all this communication is eating away at my time for doing actual development work (coding, white papers, etc). Thus I need to make one very long message now and try to clear up all points so I can go back to my programming cave and be mostly undisturbed while others handle the community.

Thus I am contemplating a change in organizational and communications strategy, which I hope to coordinate and announce within a day or two (maybe three maximum).

I am trying to find one individual capable of implementing the required security setup and who is willing to be the communications hub for the controlling group of the project that will incorporate my innovations. I will be able to communicate securely with this individual and to make my contributions to the project anonymously and securely. Everyone else will be able to communicate to this individual using normal means of insecure communication. In other words, this anointed individual would become the public face of the controlling group of the project, thus relegating me to a publicly silent anonymous contributor role. My communications to the community would come in the form of math and text in white papers, source code, and contributions to text and concepts in marketing and communication communications. But never sent directly from me, and often copy edited to remove my particular writing style.

I'd still be there behind the scenes, but I would be doing my best to turn control over to others (who prove worthy and trustworthy) as much as possible, because a project like this can't be just one person in control. It must be a community wide effort.

So I can't pay the math PhD and do other development needs without funding. And the angel investors and the community needs communication about details.

Thus to move this forward, I have one individual in mind for this role if he will accept. If not, I will look for another individual. I might even have two, one as a backup to other. Again I hope to announce this within a couple of days or so. The individual must not be an US citizen, so we can sidestep SEC regulations. This individual may or may not attempt to remain anonymous when communicating with the community and angel investors other than myself (will discuss with that person).

So what I want feedback on now (in private message or in public post your choice) is who will be interested in availing of being able to place a small BTC angel investment in this project with this new project communications paradigm?

I'd say investments should range in the $3000 - $20,000 range, but perhaps less than $3000 will be accepted. We don't need too much angel investment. If I don't need to go to Australia for fecal transplant before launch of the project, then that is perhaps $5000 - $10,000 less that isn't needed. My health feels fine today. Getting out to the gym yesterday seemed to rejuvenate me. My eyes are still a bit sore, but hopefully they will fully rejuvenate with more frequent gym days and less frequent 16 hour work days.

I'd love to see say 5 - 10 angel investors, so that there is a solid base of support and interest at the earliest stage.

Who doesn't wish they had sold that pizza for BTC10,000 back in 2010. Taking on a little bit of risk in something that looks very promising is how you go from being average to wealthy. Speculators take small punts on projects with huge upside. This project fits that description in spades. Nearly no overhead. No manager leeches like Ethereum. Purely funding coding.

Angel investors receive a special offer. They receive M x their investment in $us dollar in terms of coins at the first ICO, where M is the number of months (divided by 2) that elapse between the placement of their investment and the first ICO. Originally I wasn't going to divide by 2, but the reality has shown me that development takes longer than I anticipated thus realistically we must divide else we give too great of a % of the project to the angel investors which would thus appear to be a premine which would kill the project. I am also wondering if the community thinks divide by 3 would be more fair than divide by 2?

In other words, let's say at the first ICO, the community values the project at $1 million market cap with 10 million coins projected, thus a price of $0.10 per coin. So someone who invested say $5000 in late August and assuming first ICO in January, would be getting a M = 2, thus $10,000 of coins divided $0.10 = 100,000 coins. Obviously I think the first ICO will valued more in the realm of $10 million market cap so the angel investor would get only 10,000 coins. I am hoping for that sort of result and am striving to make sure the first ICO will be very enticing.

If development takes longer than anticipated (which can happen because of all the issues), then angel investors in August or September might end up with a M = 3 multiple by the first ICO. Does anyone feel this is insufficient motivation for the risk of investing early?

Angel investors can also get early insight into details so they can be better poised (i.e. prepared and informed with ample time to think over) to make a decision to buy more coins in the early ICOs at lower prices than latter ICOs.

The plan has been (unless we receive severe admonishment to do otherwise) to launch a coin with a series of ICOs, not just one. Each ICO would follow the prior one by a month or perhaps two (needs to be decided by the community). Each ICO would be 2X more coins than the prior one. Each ICO will be an auction format, where participants place a bid & qty in a transparent auction and then at the close of the auction, the top bids are filled and the rest refunded from the escrow agent (of course the community must select a trusted escrow agent who has a great reputation or perhaps we can design some sort of block chain escrow that is automated). The point of this is everyone can see the bids and adjust their bids during the auction period, so that there is a market pricing effect. We want an honest market result. This also insures the controlling group can not get any of the funds until after each (monthly or bimonthly) auction closes, thus the controlling group can not bid in the auction using other bidders' funds. This provides a mathematical proof that the controlling group can not own more than a certain amount of coins by the time all the planned ICOs are completed.

For example, assuming there will be 10 millions coins sold in ICO, the ICOs might be:

32,768 x 10
   65,536 x 10
  131,072 x 10
  262,144 x 10
  524,288 x 10
-------------------
1,015,808 x 10 = 10,158,080 coins

The calculation for the maximum coins the controlling group could retain if they used all the proceeds of the auction to purchase their own coins of each subsequent auction is as follows.

Assuming the market driven auction price of the coin was constant across all ICO auctions, the controlling group could purchase 0 coins in first auction, 32,768 x 10 coins in 2nd auction, 65,536 x 10 in 3rd auction, 131,072 x 10 coins in 4th auction, and 262,144 x 10 coins in 5th auction. Thus the controlling group could own at most 491,520 x 10 coins or 48% of the ICO money supply.

Assuming the market driven auction price of the coin increased by 100% of each subsequent ICO auctions, the controlling group could purchase 0 coins in first auction, 16,384 x 10 coins in 2nd auction, 32,768 x 10 in 3rd auction, 65,536 x 10 coins in 4th auction, and 131,072 x 10 coins in 5th auction. Thus the controlling group could own at most 245,760 x 10 coins or 24% of the ICO money supply.

Assuming the market driven auction price of the coin increased by 300% of each subsequent ICO auctions, the controlling group could purchase 0 coins in first auction, 8,192 x 10 coins in 2nd auction, 16,384 x 10 in 3rd auction, 32,768 x 10 coins in 4th auction, and 65,536 x 10 coins in 5th auction. Thus the controlling group could own at most 245,760 x 10 coins or 12% of the ICO money supply.

The point is that no matter what happens with the prices of the ICO auctions, the maximum stake of the controlling group can be mathematically calculated.

The above calculations assume that the controlling group offers no bounties and pays for no development from the time of the first ICO until the last, which is not going to be the case. The controlling group is going to be attempting to spend the funds as quickly as possible to distribute the capital back into the community and drive the development of the coin and related ecosystem network effects as much as possible in order to drive up the price of the coin. The controlling group ideally wants to end up with about 1% or less of the money supply (and be abundantly wealthy enough from that). Selfish ecosystems don't scale and thus the controlling group would be the loser. I am not going to participate in any scam nor pump and dump. One of the reasons for doing ICOs instead of distributing the initial coin supply via mining, is so the capital of the community doesn't go to electricity and hardware manufacturing companies which return us no network effects. Instead the funds will be spent on development! So we have all the ease-of-use wallets, decentralize exchanges, etc. that we need. We can also integrate with other ecosystems such as Bitcoin and any others that have a large base (Nxt may still have a large base of investors for example).

I think one of the issues that plagued Monero for example is they don't have a lot of funds to spend on development, because the didn't raise any funds in an ICO. Thus no one is in charge and thus nothing really gets done fast in terms of new innovations, GUIs, etc.. Monero is starting to get some of those developments now, a year after. And there are much bigger developments that need to be accomplished that I presume Monero can not afford to develop, for example replacing (or improving but realistically replacing is what will happen) Tor, I2P, and Bitmessage with anonymity networks that are provably anonymous. That sort of development is a huge scale project that Monero could never afford to fund.

Also distribution of the ICO by mining is not really fair at all. Those with the most technical insight get most of the coins. How is that a diversified distribution? For example for Monero, I read that the guy who optimized the hash algorithm, first mined $150,000 of XMR for himself! There are these GPU miner coders who latch onto the launch by mining and make a business out of making secretly coded optimizations. All this crap interferes with a transparent market! We need transparent markets that any JoeBlow can participate in. More wide participation means more popularity, more network effects, and more ecosystem.

Also note that on launch, the community will be skeptical and thus early ICOs will receive less interest than latter ones as momentum builds and developments proliferate. This is why the price will likely be higher of subsequent auctions even though the supply of coins is increasing. The first ICO will probably be with the coin on a testnet, so that will be for those who have more insight and confidence than others. The second ICO would be pushing it out to the public network and working out any kinks, so still there will be some doubters. Maybe by 4th ICO, the various GUIs have matured, decentralized exchanges have been integrated, etc.. Thus I am thinking bimonthly is better than monthly, so there is more time for developments to accumulate (aggregate) between ICOs.

The model for distribution of coins has been most of the coins distributed at the start and fewer and fewer later on. This means all cryptoland has been essentially a pump and dump! If we want to distribute the coin widely then we should increase the # of coins distributed in latter ICOs and work hard to accelerate developments and momentum along the way. In that way we show the community that we are about long-term investment and not quick pump and dump for the early investors. This shows we are confident in our superior technology and our ability to drive developments forward for an ecosystem and network effects.

There will be mining of course and debasement due to mining, but this will not be detailed now because it is somewhat different due to the different design of a proof-of-work system that has the attributes that I mentioned in my prior post. The salient point is that the debasement due to mining will be very small, at most a few % per year. So most of the coins over the medium-term will be due to the ICOs.

If anyone can see a flaw in the strategy, please point it out to me in a public post or private message.

Investing as an angel investor at this time would be a way to diversify some of your investment out of BTC for the coming collapse in BTC prices. Your angel investment is locked in $us dollars.

Also note the first ICO is likely to come later this year or early next, thus the subsequent ICOs are likely to come after the project March/April bottom in the prices of gold and BTC. Thus another reason the subsequent ICOs are likely to be at higher prices than the first and second ICO.

Timing is very important and looks like all the timing is falling right into place. We got lucky.

Hopefully the above message demonstrates what sort of rational, fair, analytical, mathematical, astute, insightful developer I am. It is time we do things smart in cryptoland.

P.S. Some practical advice about your BTC. Apparently Gavin is going for a hard fork in March, so the chaos coming to Bitcoin land might contribute to the coming low which I am thinking will be back in the double digits, or at least below $150. Again I think BTC is a private asset in Armstrong's model, thus will be roughly correlated with the coming final capitulation in gold down to < $700. It is everyone piling on short, that drives the extreme low and then the short covering that sets the bottom. The bulls will have been separated from their capital by then, so they will be hiding in some corner licking wounds. So my thinking is you want to sell or hedge your BTC about now. We might get one more run up to $325 +/- $10 at most or we might not. Hedging crypto can be done on Bitfinex or Poloniex. I won't vouch for the reliability of any exchange. A third option is to purchase Nubits. I studied the model and it seems it might hold up, but again I can't vouch for it. Or just sell and hold $us dollars.

I saw that someone linked to this link and I have to say that's it's interesting for real http://qntra.net/2015/01/the-hard-fork-missile-crisis/
I joined bitcoin and btc community in late 2014 so I'am not sure when all this happened but this quote really attracted me and make me think :

There have only ever been two hard forks of the blockchain in the history of Bitcoin, and both nearly killed Bitcoin. The first was overseen by Satoshi in an attempt to fix the worst Bitcoin bug seen to date, and an unforeseen fork in which BerkeleyDB was replaced with LevelDB to allow for blocks greater than 512kb to be accepted by the network. The latter fork however didn't disenfranchise older clients by forcing them to use LevelDB over BerkeleyDB – a one line workaround resolves the bug in clients still running with BerkeleyDB.

Are my concerns justified or not? could something bad happen , I feel that all this BitcoinXT story and the censorship about it on Reddit etc ... will make bitcoin die just like that

This is an open discussion feel free to post your opinions and comments but let's keep this clean and no need to start fighting and insulting other members .

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 11:43:06 PM

I suddenly realized I need to open up the communication more because there is difficulty with communicating with potential angel investors.

I had always wanted to release a project without announcing AnonyMint's involvement. I wanted a project that could succeed on its own white papers, marketing, and technical merits, in order to avoid politics (attacking AnonyMint or thinking I am using AM's reputation to push one project over the other). Unfortunately it is very, very difficult to achieve this goal as explained below.

It seems I am having difficulty communicating with potential angel investors in order to be sure the innovations I design for anonymity (coin and network) and decentralization (solving the problems plaguing Bitcoin with scaling and also making mining centralization very unlikely) are developed and launched, because it is difficult for a myraid of individuals to each individually implement the required computer security. I think it asking too much from individuals and it is also not a very secure paradigm to have myself communicating to numerous individuals all of which I have assumed are running a sufficiently secure setup. If any one of them screws up, then my anonymity (plausible deniability since everyone knows I am working on "something") and privacy (encrypted communication) is destroyed.

Also all this communication is eating away at my time for doing actual development work (coding, white papers, etc). Thus I need to make one very long message now and try to clear up all points so I can go back to my programming cave and be mostly undisturbed while others handle the community.

Thus I am contemplating a change in organizational and communications strategy, which I hope to coordinate and announce within a day or two (maybe three maximum).

I am trying to find one individual capable of implementing the required security setup and who is willing to be the communications hub for the controlling group of the project that will incorporate my innovations. I will be able to communicate securely with this individual and to make my contributions to the project anonymously and securely. Everyone else will be able to communicate to this individual using normal means of insecure communication. In other words, this anointed individual would become the public face of the controlling group of the project, thus relegating me to a publicly silent anonymous contributor role. My communications to the community would come in the form of math and text in white papers, source code, and contributions to text and concepts in marketing and communication communications. But never sent directly from me, and often copy edited to remove my particular writing style.

I'd still be there behind the scenes, but I would be doing my best to turn control over to others (who prove worthy and trustworthy) as much as possible, because a project like this can't be just one person in control. It must be a community wide effort.

So I can't pay the math PhD and do other development needs without funding. And the angel investors and the community needs communication about details.

Thus to move this forward, I have one individual in mind for this role if he will accept. If not, I will look for another individual. I might even have two, one as a backup to other. Again I hope to announce this within a couple of days or so. The individual must not be an US citizen, so we can sidestep SEC regulations. This individual may or may not attempt to remain anonymous when communicating with the community and angel investors other than myself (will discuss with that person).

So what I want feedback on now (in private message or in public post your choice) is who will be interested in availing of being able to place a small BTC angel investment in this project with this new project communications paradigm?

I'd say investments should range in the $3000 - $20,000 range, but perhaps less than $3000 will be accepted. We don't need too much angel investment. If I don't need to go to Australia for fecal transplant before launch of the project, then that is perhaps $5000 - $10,000 less that isn't needed. My health feels fine today. Getting out to the gym yesterday seemed to rejuvenate me. My eyes are still a bit sore, but hopefully they will fully rejuvenate with more frequent gym days and less frequent 16 hour work days.

I'd love to see say 5 - 10 angel investors, so that there is a solid base of support and interest at the earliest stage.

Who doesn't wish they had sold that pizza for BTC10,000 back in 2010. Taking on a little bit of risk in something that looks very promising is how you go from being average to wealthy. Speculators take small punts on projects with huge upside. This project fits that description in spades. Nearly no overhead. No manager leeches like Ethereum. Purely funding coding.

Angel investors receive a special offer. They receive M x their investment in $us dollar in terms of coins at the first ICO, where M is the number of months (divided by 2) that elapse between the placement of their investment and the first ICO. Originally I wasn't going to divide by 2, but the reality has shown me that development takes longer than I anticipated thus realistically we must divide else we give too great of a % of the project to the angel investors which would thus appear to be a premine which would kill the project. I am also wondering if the community thinks divide by 3 would be more fair than divide by 2?

In other words, let's say at the first ICO, the community values the project at $1 million market cap with 10 million coins projected, thus a price of $0.10 per coin. So someone who invested say $5000 in late August and assuming first ICO in January, would be getting a M = 2, thus $10,000 of coins divided $0.10 = 100,000 coins. Obviously I think the first ICO will valued more in the realm of $10 million market cap so the angel investor would get only 10,000 coins. I am hoping for that sort of result and am striving to make sure the first ICO will be very enticing.

If development takes longer than anticipated (which can happen because of all the issues), then angel investors in August or September might end up with a M = 3 multiple by the first ICO. Does anyone feel this is insufficient motivation for the risk of investing early?

Angel investors can also get early insight into details so they can be better poised (i.e. prepared and informed with ample time to think over) to make a decision to buy more coins in the early ICOs at lower prices than latter ICOs.

The plan has been (unless we receive severe admonishment to do otherwise) to launch a coin with a series of ICOs, not just one. Each ICO would follow the prior one by a month or perhaps two (needs to be decided by the community). Each ICO would be 2X more coins than the prior one. Each ICO will be an auction format, where participants place a bid & qty in a transparent auction and then at the close of the auction, the top bids are filled and the rest refunded from the escrow agent (of course the community must select a trusted escrow agent who has a great reputation or perhaps we can design some sort of block chain escrow that is automated). The point of this is everyone can see the bids and adjust their bids during the auction period, so that there is a market pricing effect. We want an honest market result. This also insures the controlling group can not get any of the funds until after each (monthly or bimonthly) auction closes, thus the controlling group can not bid in the auction using other bidders' funds. This provides a mathematical proof that the controlling group can not own more than a certain amount of coins by the time all the planned ICOs are completed.

For example, assuming there will be 10 millions coins sold in ICO, the ICOs might be:

32,768 x 10
   65,536 x 10
  131,072 x 10
  262,144 x 10
  524,288 x 10
-------------------

The calculation for the maximum coins the controlling group could retain if they used all the proceeds of the auction to purchase their own coins of each subsequent auction is as follows.

Assuming the market driven auction price of the coin was constant across all ICO auctions, the controlling group could purchase 0 coins in first auction, 32,768 x 10 coins in 2nd auction, 65,536 x 10 in 3rd auction, 131,072 x 10 coins in 4th auction, and 262,144 x 10 coins in 5th auction. Thus the controlling group could own at most 491,520 x 10 coins or 48% of the ICO money supply.

Assuming the market driven auction price of the coin increased by 100% of each subsequent ICO auctions, the controlling group could purchase 0 coins in first auction, 16,384 x 10 coins in 2nd auction, 32,768 x 10 in 3rd auction, 65,536 x 10 coins in 4th auction, and 131,072 x 10 coins in 5th auction. Thus the controlling group could own at most 245,760 x 10 coins or 24% of the ICO money supply.

Assuming the market driven auction price of the coin increased by 300% of each subsequent ICO auctions, the controlling group could purchase 0 coins in first auction, 8,192 x 10 coins in 2nd auction, 16,384 x 10 in 3rd auction, 32,768 x 10 coins in 4th auction, and 65,536 x 10 coins in 5th auction. Thus the controlling group could own at most 245,760 x 10 coins or 12% of the ICO money supply.

The point is that no matter what happens with the prices of the ICO auctions, the maximum stake of the controlling group can be mathematically calculated.

The above calculations assume that the controlling group offers no bounties and pays for no development from the time of the first ICO until the last, which is not going to be the case. The controlling group is going to be attempting to spend the funds as quickly as possible to distribute the capital back into the community and drive the development of the coin and related ecosystem network effects as much as possible in order to drive up the price of the coin. The controlling group ideally wants to end up with about 1% or less of the money supply (and be abundantly wealthy enough from that). Selfish ecosystems don't scale and thus the controlling group would be the loser. I am not going to participate in any scam nor pump and dump. One of the reasons for doing ICOs instead of distributing the initial coin supply via mining, is so the capital of the community doesn't go to electricity and hardware manufacturing companies which return us no network effects. Instead the funds will be spent on development! So we have all the ease-of-use wallets, decentralize exchanges, etc. that we need. We can also integrate with other ecosystems such as Bitcoin and any others that have a large base (Nxt may still have a large base of investors for example).

I think one of the issues that plagued Monero for example is they don't have a lot of funds to spend on development, because the didn't raise any funds in an ICO. Thus no one is in charge and thus nothing really gets done fast in terms of new innovations, GUIs, etc.. Monero is starting to get some of those developments now, a year after. And there are much bigger developments that need to be accomplished that I presume Monero can not afford to develop, for example replacing (or improving but realistically replacing is what will happen) Tor, I2P, and Bitmessage with anonymity networks that are provably anonymous. That sort of development is a huge scale project that Monero could never afford to fund.

Also distribution of the ICO by mining is not really fair at all. Those with the most technical insight get most of the coins. How is that a diversified distribution? For example for Monero, I read that the guy who optimized the hash algorithm, first mined $150,000 of XMR for himself! There are these GPU miner coders who latch onto the launch by mining and make a business out of making secretly coded optimizations. All this crap interferes with a transparent market! We need transparent markets that any JoeBlow can participate in. More wide participation means more popularity, more network effects, and more ecosystem.

Also note that on launch, the community will be skeptical and thus early ICOs will receive less interest than latter ones as momentum builds and developments proliferate. This is why the price will likely be higher of subsequent auctions even though the supply of coins is increasing. The first ICO will probably be with the coin on a testnet, so that will be for those who have more insight and confidence than others. The second ICO would be pushing it out to the public network and working out any kinks, so still there will be some doubters. Maybe by 4th ICO, the various GUIs have matured, decentralized exchanges have been integrated, etc.. Thus I am thinking bimonthly is better than monthly, so there is more time for developments to accumulate (aggregate) between ICOs.

The model for distribution of coins has been most of the coins distributed at the start and fewer and fewer later on. This means all cryptoland has been essentially a pump and dump! If we want to distribute the coin widely then we should increase the # of coins distributed in latter ICOs and work hard to accelerate developments and momentum along the way. In that way we show the community that we are about long-term investment and not quick pump and dump for the early investors. This shows we are confident in our superior technology and our ability to drive developments forward for an ecosystem and network effects.

There will be mining of course and debasement due to mining, but this will not be detailed now because it is somewhat different due to the different design of a proof-of-work system that has the attributes that I mentioned in my prior post. The salient point is that the debasement due to mining will be very small, at most a few % per year. So most of the coins over the medium-term will be due to the ICOs.

If anyone can see a flaw in the strategy, please point it out to me in a public post or private message.

Investing as an angel investor at this time would be a way to diversify some of your investment out of BTC for the coming collapse in BTC prices. Your angel investment is locked in $us dollars.

Also note the first ICO is likely to come later this year or early next, thus the subsequent ICOs are likely to come after the project March/April bottom in the prices of gold and BTC. Thus another reason the subsequent ICOs are likely to be at higher prices than the first and second ICO.

Timing is very important and looks like all the timing is falling right into place. We got lucky.

Hopefully the above message demonstrates what sort of rational, fair, analytical, mathematical, astute, insightful developer I am. It is time we do things smart in cryptoland.

P.S. Some practical advice about your BTC. Apparently Gavin is going for a hard fork in March, so the chaos coming to Bitcoin land might contribute to the coming low which I am thinking will be back in the double digits, or at least below $150. Again I think BTC is a private asset in Armstrong's model, thus will be roughly correlated with the coming final capitulation in gold down to < $700. It is everyone piling on short, that drives the extreme low and then the short covering that sets the bottom. The bulls will have been separated from their capital by then, so they will be hiding in some corner licking wounds. So my thinking is you want to sell or hedge your BTC about now. We might get one more run up to $325 +/- $10 at most or we might not. Hedging crypto can be done on Bitfinex or Poloniex. I won't vouch for the reliability of any exchange. A third option is to purchase Nubits. I studied the model and it seems it might hold up, but again I can't vouch for it. Or just sell and hold $us dollars.

I saw that someone linked to this link and I have to say that's it's interesting for real http://qntra.net/2015/01/the-hard-fork-missile-crisis/
I joined bitcoin and btc community in late 2014 so I'am not sure when all this happened but this quote really attracted me and make me think :

There have only ever been two hard forks of the blockchain in the history of Bitcoin, and both nearly killed Bitcoin. The first was overseen by Satoshi in an attempt to fix the worst Bitcoin bug seen to date, and an unforeseen fork in which BerkeleyDB was replaced with LevelDB to allow for blocks greater than 512kb to be accepted by the network. The latter fork however didn't disenfranchise older clients by forcing them to use LevelDB over BerkeleyDB – a one line workaround resolves the bug in clients still running with BerkeleyDB.

Are my concerns justified or not? could something bad happen , I feel that all this BitcoinXT story and the censorship about it on Reddit etc ... will make bitcoin die just like that

This is an open discussion feel free to post your opinions and comments but let's keep this clean and no need to start fighting and insulting other members .

IMO anyone that responds to enquiries without professionalism, is doomed to fail regardless of their ability to code.

This investment thesis does not state anywhere how people would receive return on their investment or plan for future capital once that million dollar ICO is gone, would be better off to just premine the whole thing and do no ICO at all and not have the risks of investment fraud and legal action. If you want the project to fly on it's own whitepapers and merits then launch it but at present I do not see how he will acquire the investment he desires, nor how it can be technically feasible.

Note here:

If I don't need to go to Australia for fecal transplant before launch of the project, then that is perhaps $5000 - $10,000 less that isn't needed.
wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 11:43:49 PM

32,768 x 10
   65,536 x 10
  131,072 x 10
  262,144 x 10
  524,288 x 10
-------------------

I guess that's that.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:00:44 AM

I have not solicited money from the general community nor from n00bs.

I have two angel investors, both of whom are programmers and developers and understand very well what they are investing in.

Thus you have no right whatsoever to "protect the community" from your allegations of my untrustworthiness.

You are digging around trying to slander me because you are embarrassed that you didn't understand that "delegation != requires trust != requires centralization", even after I explained it to you 3 times politely and then 2 more times slightly more forcefully, before you went off slandering me which was well before I called you an asshole.

Little weasel punks like you will get what you deserve in the end.

Any more non-meritorious, unprofessional FUD?

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:02:55 AM

I have not solicited money from the general community nor from n00bs.

I have two angel investors, both of whom are programmers and developers and understand very well what they are investing in.

Thus you have no right whatsoever to "protect the community" from your allegations of my untrustworthiness.

You are digging around trying to slander me because you are embarrassed that you didn't understand that "delegation != requires trust != requires centralization",, even after I explained it to you 3 times politely and then 2 more times slightly more forcefully, before you went off slandering me which was well before I called you an asshole.

Little weasel punks like you will get what you deserve in the end.

Any more non-meritorious, unprofessional FUD?

All I did was repost your post.

You did the interpretation of the rest by your post above ^

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:04:01 AM

All you did was abuse the Trust rating system for your own personal problem.

Any one with half a brain can see you are trying to be weasel.

You are trying to use every sly technique you can to slander me while trying to make it look like you are not.

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:06:21 AM

Sticks and stones...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sticks_and_Stones_(nursery_rhyme)

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:07:16 AM

Sticks and stones...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sticks_and_Stones_(nursery_rhyme)

I told you yesterday, remove the slander and I will kiss and make up. But if you push this much longer, I will never forgive you for this mess.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:13:48 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2015, 12:39:13 AM by TPTB_need_war

Smoothie, I am going to put it to you a different way and I hope you can understand. My father (same name as myself) is a very powerful attorney. He was the former West Coast Division head attorney running the entire Alaska operation for Exxon. He rose up higher than that being a general counsel for THUMS the consortium of the oil companies.

Remove the slander or you may find yourself in a lawsuit that could be very damaging to your financial well being.

And next time, don't play games with people's reputations, because this isn't a fucking game. I invested 2.5 years of my life here. And I have earned up to $100,000 a month in the past (inflation adjusted) in the past. Thus consider the value of potential damages by slandering my forum user profile with a red warning message which is not backed up by sufficient evidence of scamming.

Every day that you leave that abuse of ion.cash, which is being recorded and accrued for damages on a daily basis, the more you are digging your financial grave.

I hope I put that in a language that a little punk weasel like you can understand.

Do consult with your attorney so he can advise you on this matter. I would also advise Theymos to consult with his attorney as well.

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:30:07 AM

Smoothie, I am going to put it to you a different way and I hope you can understand. My father is a very powerful attorney. He was the former West Coast Division head attorney running the entire Alaska operation for Exxon. He rose up higher than that being a general counsel for THUMS the consortium of the oil companies.

Remove the slander or you may find yourself in a lawsuit that could be very damaging to your financial well being.

And next time, don't play games with people's reputations, because this isn't a fucking game.

Every day that you leave that abuse of ion.cash, which is being recorded and accrued for damages on a daily basis, the more you are digging your grave.

I hope I put that in a language that a little punk weasel like you can understand.

I don't think you understand the definition of slander nor the purpose of the trust system on Bitcointalk. You cannot sue someone for leaving you negative trust because in their opinion they do not find you trustworthy.

I've left negative trust for people, a couple have left some for me based upon their opinion. One of my neg trust I left was based on a trade, the rest was based on opinion, a couple of my positive trust I left was based on trade, the rest were opinion.

The trust system is subjective, these forums are opinionative. If you do not like peoples opinions, just create your own forums or use a moderated thread.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:34:26 AM

Smoothie, I am going to put it to you a different way and I hope you can understand. My father is a very powerful attorney. He was the former West Coast Division head attorney running the entire Alaska operation for Exxon. He rose up higher than that being a general counsel for THUMS the consortium of the oil companies.

And next time, don't play games with people's reputations, because this isn't a fucking game.

Every day that you leave that abuse of ion.cash, which is being recorded and accrued for damages on a daily basis, the more you are digging your grave.

I don't think you understand the definition of slander nor the purpose of the trust system on Bitcointalk. You cannot sue someone for leaving you negative trust because in their opinion they do not find you trustworthy.

I've left negative trust for people, a couple have left some for me based upon their opinion. One of my neg trust I left was based on a trade, the rest was based on opinion, a couple of my positive trust I left was based on trade, the rest were opinion.

The trust system is subjective, these forums are opinionative. If you do not like peoples opinions, just create your own forums or use a moderated thread.

I don't think you understand the legal system.

If you take advantage of a feature which allows you to put a red warning label on a user's profile as seen every where in the community, and you do so without sufficient evidence, you have created a culpability under the law. Damages can be sued for as a civil court matter. Now whether one can win such a case is open to opinion.

Actually the correct technical term in this case is libel, not slander, as it is a written statement he has made.

Let me add that simply expressing an opinion in a forum would be much more difficult to prove since I chose to participate in the forum. And the nature of a forum is to express opinions in threads.

However, the feature which enables any person to put a red warning of scammer on another user's 2.5 year reputation without any requirement for sufficient evidence, is not a normal forum feature which one submits to by joining a discussion forum.

He is making a global impact on the user's profile ex post facto (every past post of the user gets that new red warning label).

wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:40:04 AM

I don't think you understand the legal system.

If you take advantage of a feature which allows you to put a red warning label on a user's profile as seen every where in the community, and you do so without sufficient evidence, you have created a culpability under the law. Damages can be sued for as a civil court matter. Now whether one can win such a case is open to opinion.

Actually the correct technical term in this case is libel, not slander, as it is a written statement he has made.

Let me add that simply expressing an opinion in a forum would be much more difficult to prove since I chose to participate in the forum. And the nature of a forum is to express opinions in threads.

However, the feature which enables any person to put a red warning of scammer on another user's 2.5 year reputation without any requirement for sufficient evidence, is not a normal forum feature which one submits to by joining a discussion forum.

He is making a global impact on the user's profile ex post facto (every past post of the user gets that new red warning label).

I think the idea of suing someone because they left a negative trust rating against an anonymous nick on an interwebs forum is laughable.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:41:15 AM

I think the idea of suing someone because they left a negative trust rating against an anonymous nick on an interwebs forum is laughable.

If you think investing 2.5 years of my life in this space is a joke, then I assume you don't understand the value of work.

Again as I said upthread, what Smoothie has done is equal to theft.

Now it has been sufficiently explained to him, so he can not later argue that he did not understand.

wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:42:50 AM

If you think investing 2.5 years of my life in this space is a joke, then I assume you don't understand the value of work.

I was referring to the fact that the "victim" in this case is an anonymous internet pseudonym.  I understand the value of work very well.

Any you changing your alias on such a regular basis likely does not instill confidence even if you don't do it for any malicious reasons.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:43:32 AM

I was referring to the fact that the "victim" in this case is an anonymous internet pseudonym.  I understand the value of work very well.

Smoothie is not anonymous. I already know his real name and where he lives.

I am not anonymous.

wpalczynski
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:44:27 AM

He is not anonymous. I already know his name and where he lives.

Come again?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: