Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:31:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Preorder Ship Date?  (Read 1226 times)
nym (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 08:11:29 PM

If I pre-order today, what's the expected ship date?
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 08:12:20 PM

Christmas time, maybe?  That's when BFL has stated their goal is to clear out all currently existing pre-orders.
MaximousDarwin

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 08:19:16 PM

I found this info in their site: http://www.butterflylabs.com/landing/landing-aw.php
The BitForce SC chip is now in final stage development. Initial product delivery is scheduled for November, 2012.

However, I'm curious about if they will start shipping in the expected date...
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 08:21:58 PM

I found this info in their site: http://www.butterflylabs.com/landing/landing-aw.php
The BitForce SC chip is now in final stage development. Initial product delivery is scheduled for November, 2012.

Josh said that, barring any unforseen setbacks, they are still on schedule to deliver in early November.  He expects some unforseen setbacks though, and thus tells us to expect delivery in late November.
nym (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 08:44:25 PM

Josh said that, barring any unforseen setbacks, they are still on schedule to deliver in early November.  He expects some unforseen setbacks though, and thus tells us to expect delivery in late November.

Ship *all* preorders by late November, or just some?
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 08:54:22 PM

No, just the initial batch.  Though he has stated elsewhere that he hopes to have all preorders cleared before the new year.
nym (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 09:00:48 PM

No, just the initial batch.  Though he has stated elsewhere that he hopes to have all preorders cleared before the new year.

Is there any info on how they're structuring the batching? Again, I'm trying to figure out what the likely ship date would be if I ordered today.

Thanks!
nym
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 09:13:47 PM

Is there any info on how they're structuring the batching? Again, I'm trying to figure out what the likely ship date would be if I ordered today.

Thanks!
nym
As far as number of units?  Nope, Josh still says that is an unknown.  However, they are making the first batch using their hand-assembled process currently used for assembling their FPGA devices, and will switch to the automated, machine-driven production afterward.  I wouldn't expect production rates to exceed current production rates of FPGA assembly, and I wouldn't expect them to spend more than a couple of weeks assembling them by hand before their larger batch shipments of parts arrive and they can begin using the machinery.

If you assume 50 units/day hand-assembled, that'd be maybe 500 units shipped (less 25 for each minirig shipped).  I'd expect to see a few minirigs, and a couple hundred singles and jalepenos shipped out. But that's just a complete guess, and it depends entirely on when the bulk shipments of all the little parts arrive and are ready for mass production.
legitnick

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2012, 12:39:00 AM

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 6:39 AM, Butterfly Labs Inc <office@butterflylabs.com> wrote:

Probably after the New Year.--Jody

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Nick ****** <nick********@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey I was just wondering around what date my order is going to be shipped?
        Order Number: *****

I ordered mine on the 5th.

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 07:51:16 PM

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 6:39 AM, Butterfly Labs Inc <office@butterflylabs.com> wrote:

Probably after the New Year.--Jody

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Nick ****** <nick********@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey I was just wondering around what date my order is going to be shipped?
        Order Number: *****

I ordered mine on the 5th.

Ouch, I just put in a preorder today, I just Had to do it ASAP...

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
BTCOxygen

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 11:14:38 PM

if ASIC's where a SCAM what would you all do?

don't preorder until i see it
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 01:56:29 AM

if ASIC's where a SCAM what would you all do?

don't preorder until i see it
Click the chargeback button

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
ryann

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 03:15:01 PM

The deadline will pass and noone will have their asics. Then they will set their deadline for the next month, like usual, and up their speeds. All this while they mine away on the asics that you pre paid for.
bobitza

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 03:17:21 PM

The deadline will pass and noone will have their asics. Then they will set their deadline for the next month, like usual, and up their speeds. All this while they mine away on the asics that you pre paid for.

You're just sad you didn't pre-order, don't you? C'mon tis OK, you can cry on my shoulder. Here ...

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
ryann

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 03:22:10 PM

You're just sad you didn't pre-order, don't you? C'mon tis OK, you can cry on my shoulder. Here ...

Hows the asic mining going since you got yours in October? Dont be sad that you paid for hot air.
bobitza

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 03:32:07 PM

Hows the asic mining going since you got yours in October? Dont be sad that you paid for hot air.

So you agree you're sad that you didn't order. Good, see, it feels better already.

As for me, I only pre-ordered mid September, so my expectations for delivery were/are for end of December. I'll be sad in January if no ASIC comes, in the meantime I'm pretty happy.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
ryann

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 03:36:13 PM

So you agree you're sad that you didn't order. Good, see, it feels better already.

As for me, I only pre-ordered mid September, so my expectations for delivery were/are for end of December. I'll be sad in January if no ASIC comes, in the meantime I'm pretty happy.

Do you understand english? I also have air for sale if you like. Real cheap.
bobitza

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 03:41:27 PM

Do you understand english? I also have air for sale if you like. Real cheap.
[/quote]

I believe you do ... because you're full of it.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█