Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:35:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 87 dead after crane collapses at world’s holiest mosque in Mecca  (Read 3193 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 06:53:32 PM

At least 87 people have died after a crane collapsed on the Grand Mosque of Mecca on Friday, Saudi authorities say.
According to Saudi Interior Ministry, at least 184 more people were injured in the incident.

The tragedy comes ahead of the annual Hajj pilgrimage which is due later this month. Millions of Muslims from around the world will converge on the holy city between September 21-26.

Local media reports suggested that the accident occurred due to heavy rains the Kingdom. The governor of the Makkah region, the capital of which is Mecca, Prince Khalid al-Faisal has ordered the launch of an investigation into the causes of the accident.

Photos taken from the scene and posted on social media show bodies lying in blood on the mosque’s floor surrounded by construction rubble and metal parts of the crane.

http://www.rt.com/news/315082-crane-collapses-mecca-mosque/

----------------------------------------
S.A.'s 9/11?

saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 08:06:27 PM

great loss to the world

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 08:07:37 PM

RIP to the dead.
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 08:12:51 PM

HAPPY PATRIOT DAY.
NOTHING TO SEE HERE. PLEASE RETURN HOME TO YOUR GOATS.

God bless motherf**king America. It's payback time.

bojan92

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 01:43:30 AM

HAPPY PATRIOT DAY.

What have i missed? The crane was from an American construction company or what? Where America is involved in this? People died, and it is sad. They weren't from ISIS or other organization so we can cheer their death.
monsterdoge

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 02:35:33 AM

it is a very very bad news one of holliest place in the world collapse. rest in piece to the dead
pattu1

Activity: 675
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 09:19:46 AM

May the dead rest in peace.
The Saudi government should learn some valuable lessons from this in crowd management. There shouldn't have been a huge crowd nears parts where expansion work is going on.
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:52:47 PM

107 muslims Martyred till now Sad
It was a very sad incident in the history of Islam , Rip all the victims of Mecca..
There are very lucky seriously, they died in Holy Kaaba.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 01:36:52 PM

HAPPY PATRIOT DAY.

What have i missed? The crane was from an American construction company or what? Where America is involved in this? People died, and it is sad. They weren't from ISIS or other organization so we can cheer their death.

The crane was owned by the Bin Laden family.

The crane belongs to a German crane company operated by the Bin Laden family’s consortium, who are heading the expansion of the Holy Mosque.

Saudi BinLaden Group was founded by Osama’s Bin Laden’s billionaire father Mohammed and the sprawling construction conglomerate runs a large amount of major building contracts in the Sunni kingdom.

Pictures taken before the disaster show the crane being struck by a bolt of lightning and authorities are in little doubt extreme weather was to blame.

The crane fell into the east side of the mosque, with the top section of the structure crashing into the roof.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3231117/At-62-people-dead-crane-collapses-Grand-Mosque-Mecca.html

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 05:48:32 PM

It was a very sad incident in the history of Islam , Rip all the victims of Mecca..

I don't know whether they consider deaths from building collapse as "martyrdom". Anyway, it was a sad incident. That said, I don't know why they allowed the worshipers inside the mosque, when the construction activity was ongoing.
wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 06:07:08 PM

Very sad news, I think this accident happen because of negligence and lack of safety measures. As per recent report more than 100 people died in this incident
It will happen again as it doesn't have a solid foundation. This is not a child's erector set but a massive undertaking being done by people uncertified to do the construction, there should be proper investigation to find out the root cause and those who are responsible for this incident should have been punished.

pattu1

Activity: 675

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 03:59:01 AM

That said, I don't know why they allowed the worshipers inside the mosque, when the construction activity was ongoing.

Expansion activities are going on. They didn't foresee any damage in the actual mosque area.
They should have taken more precautions.
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:40:01 AM

I don't know whether they consider deaths from building collapse as "martyrdom". Anyway, it was a sad incident. That said, I don't know why they allowed the worshipers inside the mosque, when the construction activity was ongoing.

You are right dear but in Islam  * Holy Kaaba* is very important for Muslims and they were lucky they died in Holy Kaaba... They are martyr because they are going there for performing Hajj.
And yeah it was very sad incident not for muslims only , for all the humanity.
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:42:20 AM

Very sad news, I think this accident happen because of negligence and lack of safety measures. As per recent report more than 100 people died in this incident
It will happen again as it doesn't have a solid foundation. This is not a child's erector set but a massive undertaking being done by people uncertified to do the construction, there should be proper investigation to find out the root cause and those who are responsible for this incident should have been punished.

May be this is due to lack of incidence or some other reason , we don't know what happened and how happened. Investigation going on let see what happened. After investigation we will able to say that this is due to lack of safety measures.
Salman Anjum

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:54:00 AM

Crane collapse kills at least 107 in Mecca Grand Mosque

At least 107 people have been killed and 238 others injured after a crane collapsed in Mecca's Grand Mosque, Saudi Arabia's civil defence authority says.

Pictures posted online showed queues of Saudi men volunteering to donate blood for those injured in Friday's crash.

Al Jazeera's Hasan Patel, reporting from Mecca, said witnesses told him that a crane fell on the third floor of the Grand Mosque at around 5.30pm on Friday.

He said the mosque was packed even though the incident happened before the 6.30pm prayer.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/09/scores-killed-crane-crashed-mecca-mosque-150911165411551.html
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 02:45:49 PM

Money.

CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 02:52:00 PM

Money.

Construction was compelete almost just cranes stand inside the Haram Shareef. This month is of Hajj for Muslims thats why they don't stop people to worship in Holy Kaaba.
Salman Anjum

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 02:56:16 PM

Money.

You pay for doing worship ? it is just a question , Think before you speak dear.....
Tell me dear you pay when you worship.?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 03:01:39 PM

Money.

You pay for doing worship ? it is just a question , Think before you speak dear.....
Tell me dear you pay when you worship.?

No my dear I do not. I guess this hotel cost nothing to build? Opening in 2017. Use google image to know what it is... If you don't already.

Smiley

Santoso

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:35:07 AM

Deep condolence to the victims.
May the souls rest in peace.. Sad
And the families are given strength..
Hope this sad accident won't affect people's faith in performing Hajj and Saudi goverment learn something valuable from this and be more careful..
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: