Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:32:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DagCoin: a cryptocurrency without blocks  (Read 70787 times)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 08:40:52 AM

No, as described in this threads paper, ethereum has nothing to do with a DAGcoin, while Byteball is the First functional DAG coin.

What do you mean by "in this threads paper"? Give us the direct link, please.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kusyai

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 12:54:33 PM

This is very interesting.
I'm wondering though how this could ever be rolled out as it literally needs the network to be active (or not ?). If I wanna transact I need someone else to transact as well and confirm my tx with his tx. I guess I could also send some more tx myself but that's not really going to fly.
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 02:14:12 PM

^
Still unsure if you picked the right library?
Boss already nagging?
Fear of losing your internship?
Let me see, it is May, the fifth month, of 2017. Can a person trade iotatokens on exchanges and is the consensus of Iota decided by its consensus-algorithm and not "milestone" databases posted by its developers?

Byteball is on bittrex, changelly, bitsquare to name a few.

I am truly sorry you have invested too much into Iotatoken to not be willing to see/comprehend the inherent incompatibility and oyxmoron of "proof-of-work" designed for devices, devices which are optimized to do as little work as possible.

Iota is as spectacular and big as its promises and failure to deliver anything of value.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 03:05:27 PM

is the consensus of Iota decided by its consensus-algorithm and not "milestone" databases posted by its developers?

Milestones are used as a countermeasure against 34% attack while hashpower backing IOTA is not large enough. Also, last time I checked Byteball description that coin wasn't decentralized, so it's unclear why Byteball is mentioned in this thread at all.
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 05:21:32 PM

^
Boss already nagging?
Let me see, it is May, the fifth month, of 2017. Can a person trade iotatokens on exchanges and is the consensus of Iota decided by its consensus-algorithm and not "milestone" databases posted by its developers?

I am truly sorry you have invested too much into Iotatoken to not be willing to see/comprehend the inherent incompatibility and oyxmoron of "proof-of-work" designed for devices, devices which are optimized to do as little work as possible.

Iota is as spectacular and big as its promises and failure to deliver anything of value.

I translate your answer to:
yes
yes
yes
SatoNatomato

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 10:25:58 PM

is the consensus of Iota decided by its consensus-algorithm and not "milestone" databases posted by its developers?

Milestones are used as a countermeasure against 34% attack while hashpower backing IOTA is not large enough. Also, last time I checked Byteball description that coin wasn't decentralized, so it's unclear why Byteball is mentioned in this thread at all.
LOL.

Iota as designed will never be secure, no matter how much hashpower you throw at it, will never be done with milestones and "claim" your tokens to actually own them, again.

Besides, proof-of-work, hashpower, on internet-of-things devices. Right. I mean, really, congratulations CfB you are master scammer who fooled many many naive people who know nothing of IoT.
SatoNatomato

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 10:27:03 PM

^
Boss already nagging?

I translate your answer to:
yes
yes
yes
I translate your messages to, "butthurt", and enviousness, do you even have a job?
Letsee

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 11:18:31 PM

I look forward to seeing what DagCoin has to offer the community. You seem to be introducing some new concepts to the community. We appreciate your service Smiley Keep growing and maybe one day I'll even buy a DagCoin.
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 08:30:27 AM

Don't understand all the mud slinging crap between SatoNatomato and Cfb. The two of you should just go get a room or something.

Byteball is centralized in 12 servers so it's extremely hard to take it seriously as more than an interesting experiment to see how it's version of DAG works out. If it ever actually got to the point someone could make big time money from it, and being the way people are, they could easily co-opt enough of those servers to take control.

IOTA. Already controversy over it's initial distribution and I hear CfB had shopped around for sock puppets to help out with that. Haven't even got to the point of looking into those allegations yet but that's what I already hear. Plus he seems more interested in FUDing Byteball than talking about IOTA in his own thread. I haven't even gone back there yet to continue to try and get some answers to my questions as no one seems interested in discussing anything technical about it. IOTA starts as centralized and only stops IF the hash power gets high enough. If it grows to the point where it's not really feasible for most people to run a full node, it ends up gravitating towards a small number of people running nodes and/or "pools" of people running some form of distributed nodes. i.e. it moves towards the current bitcoin mining situation (centralization).

Even with my current limited knowledge of both, I see flaws in both and all the FUDing is just a huge distraction to trying to discuss any of it.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 09:42:15 AM

Don't understand all the mud slinging crap between SatoNatomato and Cfb.

I caught and exposed SatoNatomato on outright lies, so the root of his hatred is easily understandable.
SatoNatomato

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 07:34:27 PM

Don't understand all the mud slinging crap between SatoNatomato and Cfb.

I caught and exposed SatoNatomato on outright lies, so the root of his hatred is easily understandable.
Laughable, you are only butthurt because I asked uncomfortable questions in your IOTA-thread, then you banned me and started following me around to try to stop me from spreading truth what IOTA actually is, from the perspective of someone who actually works with IoT.

Also, your trolling and Byteball FUD is terrible and has been "exposed" by others as well.
SatoNatomato

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 07:41:09 PM

Byteball is centralized in 12 servers so it's extremely hard to take it seriously as more than an interesting experiment to see how it's version of DAG works out.
Indeed, its major weakness, yet interesting concept. It is not fully centralized to 12 witnesses, as any full node can collect headers-fees, it is only witnesses who collect payload fees. Byteball is decentralized, but not trust-less. It is also possible to run a witness as tor hidden service or even behind i2p.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 07:50:34 PM

Byteball is decentralized

Right now supermajority of the witnesses is controlled by a single person, so it's not decentralized. Also no proof of Byteball belonging to DAG-coins family was presented, bold claims of a BTT member with "Activity: 140" can't be accept as proofs. The resume is so obvious I don't even need to post it.
SatoNatomato

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 08:51:40 PM

Byteball is decentralized

Right now supermajority of the witnesses is controlled by a single person, so it's not decentralized. Also no proof of Byteball belonging to DAG-coins family was presented, bold claims of a BTT member with "Activity: 140" can't be accept as proofs. The resume is so obvious I don't even need to post it.
lol nice try at derailing again.

Right now iota is not on any exchanges, since you are the consensus algorithm, do you have your notebook and pen ready to scribble which people you are scamming? You keep track of their balances and post it with the next "milestone". How many btc have you stolen due to people not showing up to "claim" the iotatokens they bought from you and thought they owned?

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:28:45 PM

is there a place to discuss byteball specifically?  I have a byteball wallet but i don't know who these trusted witenesses are supposed to be etc

LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 04:08:28 AM

is there a place to discuss byteball specifically?  I have a byteball wallet but i don't know who these trusted witenesses are supposed to be etc

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859
nativehasher

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 07:44:25 AM

What is the present list of DAG based ledgers? I could find tangle/iota, byteball and this. I'd like to research more into this, so any additional references would be helpful.

golang, node.js and C++ developer.
BTC: 1NativecFuCN68n1rmHabkXRZnwuxpoJ4f
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 09:21:09 PM

What is the present list of DAG based ledgers? I could find tangle/iota, byteball and this. I'd like to research more into this, so any additional references would be helpful.

I'm pretty sure there is only Byteball and Iota at the moment, well, and this project. Which is really interesting, because if this was anything like traditional blockchain projects, you'd have approximately a billion clones by now, including IotaClassic, ByteballClassic, Bitball, My and so on.
laiducnam

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 12:32:59 PM

There is no actual 'time' in any cryptocurrency, and any things you might find in blocks called 'time stamps' are not to be trusted because in a p2p environment, nodes lie. This is what satoshi solved in his paper - a time stamping algorithm called POW.
SatoNatomato

View Profile
May 30, 2017, 09:42:15 PM

There is no actual 'time' in any cryptocurrency, and any things you might find in blocks called 'time stamps' are not to be trusted because in a p2p environment, nodes lie. This is what satoshi solved in his paper - a time stamping algorithm called POW.

Byteball does not use timestamps at all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: