Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:52:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DagCoin: a cryptocurrency without blocks  (Read 70787 times)
danniel

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:54:34 PM

are there any other DAG coin, besides IOTA and byteball

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kkeylb

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 03:35:45 PM

Is the project open source? Is there a github page? I heard this is closely related to byteball.
BitcoinBallerina

Activity: 308

Presale is live!

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:24:06 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2017, 12:57:21 AM by BitcoinBallerina

I feel like all of these new cryptocurrencies coming out are good, but there are so many it is hard to gain significant market cap. It would be cool if one coin took all the technology and put it into one. Shocked

monsterer2

Activity: 351
Merit: 134

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:15:27 AM

Can we close this thread now?

It has turned into an advert and diverged from the original creators intent.
flag39

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:22:38 AM

Is the project open source? Is there a github page? I heard this is closely related to byteball.
Byteball and Dagcoin are identical. Even their wallet has the same design. The dag team says on their website https://dagcoin.org/en that dagcoin works on byteball. May be they use the same tangle! But in difference from iota they apply small fees.
aziernest

Activity: 669
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:02:29 PM

How and from where to buy DAGCOIN?

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:02:44 PM

Byteball and Dagcoin are identical.

Your Dagcoin has very little common with DagCoin discussed here.
costina

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:44:37 PM

It sounds to me quite interesting. But i must admit i dont understand how this TxNet may work in detail.
I am sure if you are brilliant enough to invent something worth a new blockchain, determining a fair and non-monetized launch shouldn't be too difficult of a feat. Good luck have fun  Grin

GummyDwarf

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:05:01 AM

So if somebody sends me a bitcoin long ago does a double spend, he can create a transaction that will be ignored because bitcoin has blocks.  Dagcoin would be vulnerable to double spends this way.
Katashi

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 07:18:09 AM

Is reallt true? A crypto without block? How is it possible. Once in my fb group one people.joined he seem to promote.this dagcoin and advertise a very high income if.you buy experts of this group labeled it as scam because of it's out of this worid vision. And now.you are saying this thing.. enlighten me please.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit InvestBox| 
BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY
🏆
Vigens

Activity: 296

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:19:52 AM

This will be huge in asia where it is being distributed. Transactions take only seconds. DAG (directed acyclic graph). There is no single central entity that manages or coordinates admission of new units into the database, everyone is allowed to add a new unit provided that he signs it and pays a fee equal to the size of added data in bytes.
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:34:55 PM

This will be huge in asia where it is being distributed. Transactions take only seconds. DAG (directed acyclic graph). There is no single central entity that manages or coordinates admission of new units into the database, everyone is allowed to add a new unit provided that he signs it and pays a fee equal to the size of added data in bytes.
That does describe Byteball.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:45:41 PM

Recent research showed that it may be not true for Byteball. To publish the report I need to know what definition of "decentralized" is used by Byteball.
muf18

Activity: 882
Merit: 310

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:44:10 PM

Recent research showed that it may be not true for Byteball. To publish the report I need to know what definition of "decentralized" is used by Byteball.

IOTA isn't decentralized either Mr. CFB...
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:00:30 PM

IOTA isn't decentralized either Mr. CFB...

So is Bitcoin and all other currencies I suppose. Depends on your definition of "decentralized". This is why I added
To publish the report I need to know what definition of "decentralized" is used by Byteball.
Mr. Posting-before-thinking.  Cheesy
muf18

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:29:49 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2017, 05:39:55 PM by muf18

How is not Bitcoin decentralized ? It's decentralized - even tho it has a several pools with big hashrate, it's decentralized between these pools.
IOTA isn't - it needs central authority to validate transactions, I can even quote one of your posts, 'the coordinator', for now it's a centralized DAG.

This not so clever, hit, I shall not comment on.

Definition is simple, and you know what is it - P2P network, which can be run without central checkpointing, or central point-of-failure, without central authority.
I didn't refer to Byteball, I want to point out your thinking - you point out something, even tho your coin is tainted in the same way.

I can refer to only more educated than me, which seems to agree:
https://medium.com/@ercwl/iota-is-centralized-6289246e7b4d
https://medium.com/@ercwl/hello-david-b77bbc62c457
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 05:45:33 PM

How is not Bitcoin decentralized ? It's decentralized - even tho it has a several pools with big hashrate, it's decentralized between these pools.
IOTA isn't - it needs central authority to validate transactions, I can even quote one of your posts, 'the coordinator', for now it's a centralized DAG.

This not so clever, hit, I shall not comment on.

Definition is simple, and you know what is it - P2P network, which can be run without central checkpointing, or central point-of-failure, without central authority.
I didn't refer to Byteball, I want to point out your thinking - you point out something, even tho your coin is tainted in the same way.
Technically his iota coin is tainted in worse way. The Coordinator is a single entity within the network, but Byteball can have many witnesses, there are 14 now, the trust in Byteball is distributed across 12 entitities, who the person behind them is its left for a social/economic decision similae to which pool in bitcoin to join, while the same can not happen with Coordinator. Cheesy

Iota is worst crypto of 2017. Centralized dev controlled fake.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:58:15 PM

Technically his iota coin is tainted in worse way. The Coordinator is a single entity within the network, but Byteball can have many witnesses, there are 14 now, the trust in Byteball is distributed across 12 entitities, who the person behind them is its left for a social/economic decision similae to which pool in bitcoin to join, while the same can not happen with Coordinator. Cheesy

My bet offer is still actual. Willing to put real money into your claim?  Wink
CrazyLoaf

Activity: 763
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:11:21 PM

How and where do you buy this?
muf18

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:22:07 PM

My bet offer is still actual. Willing to put real money into your claim?  Wink

My bet offer is still actual. Willing to put real money into your claim?  Wink

What bet ? What you want to bet on?
Do you want to say that IOTA is completely decentralized DAG blockless token in the way it's working now? And you want to bet on this?
Ok, but you would have to immediently pay, because it's a known fact, that it's not decentralized, or you will deny yourself, and deny truth.
Why you can't admit it? On medium I have read, some painful comments, to read, because it was full of mocking author of medium article, and it was conducted in a distasteful way.
It have left me with bad impression, if whole team of developers are like these comments from main developer/founder.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: