Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:53:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with my Antminer S5s  (Read 1902 times)
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 10:43:27 AM

Ok so first I'm going to stick with the trouble shooting videos so hopefully you guys don't mind my ugly mug :-) I had a lot of great advice and I'm pretty positive I tried it all. I'm not sure but I may know my problem after playing with it a little more tonight? When I first got both miners running I went to the antminer dashboard and changed the network from DHCP to static :-/ I did not change anything on my router. I did take a picture of what I saw but it's too big to load.  Basically it has all my devices IP addresses except my running Antminers. But if that's my problem, I don't know how to get back to my dashboard to change it now. Thank you again for all the help!!!

https://youtu.be/5esmlBuNB6g

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

Wait what, you manage to connect to the Antminer to set it to static IP, but you somehow can't connect to it?

Reset it, leave it on DHCP. Messing with that can confuse some routers, since a lease is already ongoing. Just set a static lease (IP) on the router's side if you can. You're like the 4th person today i notice has issues with setting up Static IP from the miner's side. Don't touch it.

Also I personally don't like the IP scanner bitmain say's to use.   Log into your router look at connected devices, it does not look like a ton on the network.

If you used DHCP (normally I say use static but if you are having trouble dhcp does work).   Find it from connected miner set it on pools etc.   You can leave them running and likely not have to connect to miners hopefully for a while.  Its pretty much set and forget.

But there's no upside for me to setup static IP. I can tell the router to always assign the same x IP to the machine, this way i can have all my machine on a series and i know which is which, and i have a sticker on them.
This way the machine stays on DHCP, there's no ip conflict, arguably less setting up, etc, with the same upside of always a set ip. And the attribution is good even through wifi only connection, for S1/S3.

And that is why I recommend for OP to use dhcp, as hes having trouble with static.  As a general rule it is nicer with static.

I can log into my mining pool and see the IP of down miner as i put it in worker name.  With so many devices on my  network would be a pain to do DHCP.  So if someone can manage it I still say static is general in most cases.   Just not in this one.

Well i get how critical a static ip is to management.

Its just that i can get it over DHCP. At least on Open WRT it make it very easy and more efficient than setting up static ip multi line configs on each miner individually. On open wrt i just set a series linked to their mac address, click save and apply and bam. A static lease over DHCP is setup and in effect.

I write down the ip on the machine and series are logically used. The serie of S3 start at .131 for S3#1, then .132 for S3#2. And so on.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChrisHaefner (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:44:26 AM

Up and running!  Had a friend trouble shoot it for me

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 04:04:25 AM

Up and running!  Had a friend trouble shoot it for me

Glad to hear you got it working on static.  I use it myself and it is nice.

If others are reading this if you have problems DHCP just makes it simpler in some cases.  Thats why I recommended it possibly in this case.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: