Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:02:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about the updates of DASH  (Read 2978 times)
leipebarry

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 12:17:13 PM

If you hold any Monero or Dash I would cash them out really fast because there is no future.
Cash out while you can because the price keeps on dropping.

Dash just successfully innovated and launched the first pure-decentralized way to manage the currency's future and fund development and the other tasks that need to be done.   That means Dash network is now an autonomous entity that runs itself, the first of it's kind anywhere in the world.  Some people think this is history in the making...I guess if the FUD-driven price on a few exchanges in the backstreets of the Alt coin grotto puts you off, maybe you should sell your Dash and provide some liquidity, i'm sure the smart people are looking ahead a bit Wink

Funny thing, Smart people keeping on to their Dash while the price keeps going down.
No development that can be mentioned as incredible, community growing thinner and thinner.
Sell your Monero and Dash, thank me later  Wink
blobafett2

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 12:19:31 PM

If you hold any Monero or Dash I would cash them out really fast because there is no future.

Dash just successfully innovated and launched the first pure-decentralized way to manage the currency's future and fund development and the other tasks that need to be done.   That means Dash network is now an autonomous entity that runs itself, the first of it's kind anywhere in the world.  Some people think this is history in the making...I guess if the FUD-driven price on a few exchanges in the backstreets of the Alt coin grotto puts you off, maybe you should sell your Dash and provide some liquidity, i'm sure the smart people are looking ahead a bit Wink

Funny thing, Smart people keeping on to their Dash while the price keeps going down.
No development that can be mentioned as incredible, community growing thinner and thinner.

Selling Dash now would be like selling your angel shares in Google back in 1998...but go ahead...some of us are buying Wink
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 12:24:45 PM

CryptoCURRENCY you point is invalid move along

So Monero is 'CryptoStoreofWealth' ROFL you are digging it deeper and deeper.
Hello Bank, hello Pawnshop I would like to cash out my Monero. Grin Grin Grin
Where do you live under a rock?

Click Poliniex, hit sell, trade for another crypto. You can also insert shapeshift and XMR.TO into this scenario. Or arrange an OTC trade with one of the community.

Click Crypto Kingdom and you'll see one of my many virtual properties, but sorry, no rocks. I guess you could build a rock like mansion if you really wanted to.

leipebarry

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 12:26:11 PM

Selling Dash now would be like selling your angel shares in Google back in 1998...but go ahead...some of us are buying Wink

No holding on to your Dash and Monero would be the same as holding on to you Enron shares.

OMG you really made me laugh comparing Dash with Google.
Seriously you need a reality check.
leipebarry

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 12:30:35 PM

Click Poliniex, hit sell, trade for another crypto. You can also insert shapeshift and XMR.TO into this scenario. Or arrange an OTC trade with one of the community.

Click Crypto Kingdom and you'll see one of my many virtual properties, but sorry, no rocks. I guess you could build a rock like mansion if you really wanted to.

Well that sounds like something the average Joe is waiting for.
Hey Joe so you click on Polinex and than hit sell, trade for another or also insert....(Joe already took some money out of his wallet and bought himself a nice cold glass of beer)

Guldencoin and Digibyte are going to surpass Monero and Dash mark my words.

What did you say?
Buy clothes, food, gold, silver, drones, pay bills, etc etc with Guldencoin and Digibyte.
Well yeah offcourse you can because they are CRYPTOCURRENCIES
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 12:42:35 PM

Hey Joe so you click on Polinex and than hit sell, trade for another or also insert....(Joe already took some money out of his wallet and bought himself a nice cold glass of beer)

What did you say?
Buy clothes, food, gold, silver, drones, pay bills, etc etc with Guldencoin and Digibyte.

At the moment, I can use XMR.TO and shapeshift with Monero to make my transactions more secure and private than they were with a mixer and BTC, I see value in that. If you don't, that's fine, but i believe that Monero's consumer adoption prospects grow by an order of magnitude once testing stops and the official enterprise level GUI is released. Until then it provides a way to keep your wealth private. I believe this is a valuable tool for keeping your finances private, I'm sorry if you don't feel that way. Good luck with your investments--I hope there is room in the alt section for all fairly launched coins that are working on solving real problems with quality cryptography. I'm only familiar with privacy coins, so maybe i'll check out the coins you mentioned.

leipebarry

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 12:46:29 PM

What did you say?

At the moment, I can use XMR.TO and shapeshift with Monero to make my transactions more secure and private than they were with a mixer and BTC, I see value in that. If you don't, that's fine, but i believe that Monero's consumer adoption prospects grow by an order of magnitude once testing stops and the official enterprise level GUI is released. Until then it provides a way to keep your wealth private. I believe this is a valuable tool for keeping you finances private, I'm sorry you don't feel that way. Good luck with your investments--I hope there is any fairly launched coin that is working on solving real problems. I'm only familiar with privacy coins, so maybe i'll check out the coins you mentioned.

I only check coins that can be used as a real currency.
Shame that most coins don't focus on that, would have given Dash a real edge together with it's privacy.
blobafett2

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 12:49:50 PM

Sell your Monero and Dash, thank me later  Wink

No holding on to your Dash and Monero would be the same as holding on to you Enron shares.

Google innovated a lot of cool tech, but they never innovated a purely decentralized autonomous corporation - Dash just did.

All these alt coins pushing websites bolted on to their coins and saying it gives them value - decentralization is the key to value in crypto currencies, the most decentralized currency in the world is now - Dash.
leipebarry

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 01:02:12 PM

Google innovated a lot of cool tech, but they never innovated a purely decentralized autonomous corporation - Dash just did.

All these alt coins pushing websites bolted on to their coins and saying it gives them value - decentralization is the key to value in crypto currencies, the most decentralized currency in the world is now - Dash.

What you are saying makes no sense and could also me implied for seashells.
Seashells the most decentralized currency in the world.
blobafett2

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 01:04:46 PM

I don't think we're on the same page.  But good luck with your investments Cheesy
leipebarry

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 01:06:49 PM

I don't think we're on the same page.  But good luck with your investments Cheesy

We agree to disagree.  Wink  When there are stores that accept Dash I might take a look at the coin again until then I go with Guldencoin and Digibyte to buy stuff with.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:59:29 AM

So, back to the topic...Dash, a coin with real original features and code

Please tell us what portion of the code in Dash is ripped off from Bitcoin?

All these discussions about "features" and "innovation" in Dash ignore the fact that below the surface the vast majority of the functionality and code is just a Bitcoin copy.

owm123

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:50:22 AM

Dash and idea of masternodes is terrible. The idea that I have to trust some strengers running masternodes controlling my privacy and aninimity is rubbish. And if I want to have my own musternode, I have to pay for it? This is stupid. I may just trust and pay bitcoin mixing services.

Anonimity and privacy should be obtained without any third parties. The idea of masternodes is oposite to what decentrallization mean. ANd the 1000 DASH fee is only blocking more poeple running musternodes, and leaving only those who can affort it anyway. As far as I am concerned, all masternodes can be run by NSA. Because why wouldnt they, if the only way to have privcacy and anonimity with dash is to use masternodes. Regular dash users cant afford it.

Avoid any centralization and pay-walls if you care about privacy and aninimity. If you dont care about these, than just use bitcoin or litecoin.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
cocales

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:51:15 AM

Holding Dash for the long run.........

SnowGem.org - Improve upon great ideas of other cryptocurrencies
✔ Privacy ✔ Availability ✔ Profitability ✔ Longevity
Equihash - No Premine - No ICO - Masternodes soon
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:56:12 AM

All these discussions about "features" and "innovation" in Dash ignore the fact that below the surface the vast majority of the functionality and code is just a Bitcoin copy.

It is more like a Litecoin copy, including my favorite the fixed blocksize limit.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:02:11 AM

I don't think we're on the same page.  But good luck with your investments Cheesy

We agree to disagree.  Wink  When there are stores that accept Dash I might take a look at the coin again until then I go with Guldencoin and Digibyte to buy stuff with.

Hi you can spend Dash directly on the following places there might be changes this was last updated in August. Good luck with your projects.

Donations:
Torservers.net www.torservers.net/donate.html

VPS / Webpages Servers:
NOC Zone https://noczone.com
qHoster http://www.qhoster.com/vps.html
CYRUSERV cyruservvvklto2l.onion (Onion Hosting Service)

VPN:
VikingVPN https://vikingvpn.com
BolehVPN https://bolehvpn.net
QHoster http://www.qhoster.com
TorGuard https://torguard.net
LibertyVPN http://libertyvps.net
MultiVPN http://multi-vpn.co.uk/

Email Provider:
Claws-Mail http://www.claws-mail.org

Mining / Hardware/ Electronics:
Zeusminer https://zeusminer.com
Genesis Mining https://www.genesis-mining.com/

3D Printer:
ISG3D http://www.isg3d.com

Online Casino:
DirectBet www.DirectBet.eu/
Mirabeaux www.mirabeaux.com
FortuneJack https://fortunejack.com/
SatochiBet https://satoshibet.com
BitDice www.bitdice.me
CryptoGames www.crypto-games.net

Lottery:
TAABL http://taabl.net

Precious Metals:
Coaex https://www.coaex.com
Amagi Metals http://www.amagimetals.com
Bitgild http://www.bitgild.com
Micro Precious Metals http://www.micropreciousmetals.cf

Gaming:
Nestorgames http://www.nestorgames.com/#shopextd
Retro Towers http://www.retrotowers.co.uk
Gamekeys https://key4co.in
GamerzHeat http://gamerzheat.com

Auction + Market:
Noobie www.noobie.io

Giftcards:
Crypto de Change http://www.cryptodechange.com
Premiumgiftcards https://premiumgiftcards.com
CryptoCrads http://cryptocards.nl

WorldPress Plugin:
GoUrl.io https://gourl.io/bitcoin-promotion-wordpress-themes.html

Tweets:
Shout4coin http://shout4coin.com

Tipping for Hits:
LinkWarz http://linkwarz.com

General Shopping (T-Shirts/ Stickers/Security/...):
51 Attack http://www.51attack.com
Bitstickers http://bitstickers.net
Revolutionary Supplies https://revolutionarysupplies.com
Yipptee http://www.yipptee.com
BitLasers http://bitlasers.com
DeMadera http://demadera.nl
PexPeppers (HotSauce) https://www.pexpeppers.com

General Shopping (Smoke Gear/ Pipes/ Vapo/..)
Pipe Shop http://btcpipeshop.com
VapoCrypto http://www.vaporcrypt.com

Seeds:
BitcoinSeedStore http://www.bitcoinseedstore.com

New Age:
HarmonyVibe http://www.harmonyvibe.com/nowa-stronka/

General Shopping (Wine / Food):
Misconduct Wine Company www.misconductwineco.com
CoinWineStore http://coinwinestore.com/en/
JaysJerkyAndGoodies http://jaysjerkyandgoodies.auctivacommerce.com
Party Cakes4u (UK)
http://www.partycakes4u.co.uk/
(in the notes box at checkout please request an invoice to be sent to there email address for the crypto currency of there choice)

Pet Shopping:
CryptoPet
http://cryptopet.com/

Construction/ Insulation:
De Wa Bo www.dewabo.net

General Shopping (Smart Drugs/ Nutritious/ Supplements):
Healthiverse: http://healthiverse.net
eJuiceGenius http://www.ejuicegenius.com

General Shopping (House/ Garden):
Above All House Plants http://www.aboveallhouseplans.com
The Reef Shop http://www.thereefshop.com.au

Topographic Mapping Services:
Angra dos Reis, RJ www.pmgtopografia.com.br

Restaurant:
The Kitchen www.thekitchen-mwco.com

Digital Design Agency:
ISFXmedia http://isfx.media

Photographer (Assignments + Stock Image Sales):
Philipp Engelhorn www.philippengelhorn.com

Lawyer (Brazil):
Ivan Liborio http://www.liborio.adv.br

Topless/ Narked Maid Service:
Stripped Clean http://stripped-clean.com

Edit: Of course, you can also use instant conversion services like Shapeshift or Coinnector

Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:06:25 AM

It is more like a Litecoin copy, including my favorite the fixed blocksize limit.

Hi Artic, Dash was ported to Bitcoin Core since v11.  We have a solution for scalability that will be presented soon.  Dash is just trying to explore solutions to crypto issues, time will tell if they work out or not.  I really think both Dash and Monero can be succesful, I dont even think they compete. Monero is a good project. We are just trying to do good work and hopefully we can bring value to our users.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:24:30 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2015, 03:03:17 AM by ArticMine

Hi Artic, Dash was ported to Bitcoin Core since v11.  We have a solution for scalability that will be presented soon.  Dash is just trying to explore solutions to crypto issues, time will tell if they work out or not.  I really think both Dash and Monero can be succesful, I dont even think they compete. Monero is a good project. We are just trying to do good work and hopefully we can bring value to our users.

Good at least someone other than Monero is actualy dealing with long term scalability issue. By the way I am also of the opinion that there will be more than one successful coin; however dealing with the long term scalability issue is a must. If Dash deals with this issue then it will be a player.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
owm123

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:26:06 AM

Monero and Dash are both worthless bagholder coins.

Name 10 shops in real life were you are able to pay with either on of them.
You can't!  Grin

Technically you can use shapeshift (or xmr.to with Monero) with dash and moneroj to pay anywhere that you can with bitcoin. As to your point that there aren't places to spend Monero or Dash without those types of services, I'd say that i always viewed moneroj as a store of wealth and that the consumer side would expand once the official GUI was released and marketing efforts were made in earnest by the community and developers. If that makes me a bagholder, then I'm a bagholder.  Wink

shapeshift and xmr.to are not a solution to the problem of not being able to use dash and monero directly. In this asspect, both coins are useless. Simply becuase using a third party to use any coin, especially when the coin aims atprivacy and aninimity, is far from perfect. If I would like to use a third party service to  pay privattly, I could just use any bitcoin mixing service. There is absolutly no need for monero and dash, if you cant shop with them privetly without any third parties involved.

The only advantage of monero over dash in this asspect is that monero can do mixing without any masternodes. So no third parties are involved in the mixing process.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 02:29:50 AM

Has Dash fixed the problem that I can get someones address and then look at how much dash they have in that address? I mean really. Sure, have fun with your DACs, but IMO thats creeping into scope bloat and on top of that the DACs are built on the masternode network, aye? So who *really* controls what gets funded?

ALL NODES ARE EQUAL. ALL NODES ARE ONE. ALL GLORY TO THE GREAT RNG IN THE SKY!

Ohhhmmmmmm

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: