Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:32:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I buy a block to my address ?  (Read 3343 times)
Rupert Murdoch (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 02:40:11 PM

I want to mine a block to a given address, i.e. the coinbase Tx should be made at the address I'd provide. Is there any service available that is offering this service ? If yes, at what cost ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 04:40:06 PM

I don't know of any mining ops that let you do this, currently.

You would have to solo mine against your own node, most likely.  Here's a guide I have used before: https://www.bcoinnews.com/tutorials/solo-bitcoin-mine-cgminer/

Other solo mining solutions - e.g. bitsolo or solo.ckpool - have the reward split between you and the pool operator(s).  If that's okay, then check out solutions like that.  Saves you from having to run a full node on your own machine(s) / having to spin one up as an instance at a VPS.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 12:54:19 AM

The only way you could do that is if you solo mine. No pool or service would want to just give you 25 BTC for solving the block, they want to distribute the Bitcoin.

Rupert Murdoch (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 04:50:00 PM

The only way you could do that is if you solo mine. No pool or service would want to just give you 25 BTC for solving the block, they want to distribute the Bitcoin.
Why not ? I'm ready to buy it for a premium. Say, the pool gets 25.5 BTC for a block. If they mine it to my given address, I'll give them 26 BTC. So, they can always distribute the share to their miners and keep a nice profit on top.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 04:56:00 PM

Why not ? I'm ready to buy it for a premium. Say, the pool gets 25.5 BTC for a block. If they mine it to my given address, I'll give them 26 BTC. So, they can always distribute the share to their miners and keep a nice profit on top.
I suppose that would work. But why would you want to do that?

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:13:46 PM

yeah this is a little confusing, why would you give out more than the reward?
Rupert Murdoch (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:20:08 PM

yeah this is a little confusing, why would you give out more than the reward?
Just wish to own a block. Nothing special. I just dont wanna go through all the cumbersome setup process. Obviously, if the demand is unreasonable, I wont be buying it.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 06:05:15 PM

What do you mean "own a block"?  I'm assuming you want to throw some message into the coinbase signature to tell the world that this block is yours?  I swear one of the Chinese pools lets you bid on whats in the coinbase signature...

EDIT: I re-read your ask from the OP.  Yeah... good luck with that.  No pool is going to change their payout address to be yours.  The best you could hope for is what I wrote - the pool altering their coinbase signature for a block.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Gwapo

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 06:11:48 PM

What do you mean "own a block"?  I'm assuming you want to throw some message into the coinbase signature to tell the world that this block is yours?  I swear one of the Chinese pools lets you bid on whats in the coinbase signature...
I think he wants bitcoins without any transaction history, newly generated coins that can't be tracked from where he got them
Rupert Murdoch (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:06:21 PM

EDIT: I re-read your ask from the OP.  Yeah... good luck with that.  No pool is going to change their payout address to be yours.  The best you could hope for is what I wrote - the pool altering their coinbase signature for a block.
Why not ? I'm ready to pay a premium for that. Say, the pool gets 25.5 BTC for a block. If they mine it to my given address, I'll give them 26 BTC. So, they can always distribute the share to their miners and keep a nice profit on top.
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 07:32:16 PM

EDIT: I re-read your ask from the OP.  Yeah... good luck with that.  No pool is going to change their payout address to be yours.  The best you could hope for is what I wrote - the pool altering their coinbase signature for a block.
Why not ? I'm ready to pay a premium for that. Say, the pool gets 25.5 BTC for a block. If they mine it to my given address, I'll give them 26 BTC. So, they can always distribute the share to their miners and keep a nice profit on top.

Sure, but I don't get what you mean by "owning" a block.
The only logical reason to do what you want is to get clean coins.
Pools will have trouble explaining/setting up your payment.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:31:52 AM

Right .....

So what you means is?
"Hey someone give me a block ... and I promise I'll give you back more than a block ... I may be a new unknown account but yeah you can trust me right?"

Unfortunately for you, in the BTC world no one who can find a block is silly enough to consider that.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 01:45:10 AM

What do you mean "why not?" Are you truly that daft?  Here's an idea: if you want 25 newly minted coins, and you're willing to pay a premium, why not just spend the coin renting enough hash power from somewhere like nicehash or MRR and point that power to ck.'s solo pool?  Spend enough coin and you'll eventually find a block that is all yours.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 04:10:15 AM

What do you mean "why not?" Are you truly that daft?  Here's an idea: if you want 25 newly minted coins, and you're willing to pay a premium, why not just spend the coin renting enough hash power from somewhere like nicehash or MRR and point that power to ck.'s solo pool?  Spend enough coin and you'll eventually find a block that is all yours.
Nah, he just thinks we're that daft that we'd give him free money. See Kano's post above this which is spot on.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 04:12:28 AM

Right .....

So what you means is?
"Hey someone give me a block ... and I promise I'll give you back more than a block ... I may be a new unknown account but yeah you can trust me right?"

Unfortunately for you, in the BTC world no one who can find a block is silly enough to consider that.
He could put that amount in escrow or send it first.

TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 10:22:08 AM

if you want 25 newly minted coins, and you're willing to pay a premium, why not just spend the coin renting enough hash power from somewhere like nicehash or MRR and point that power to ck.'s solo pool?

Because those solo pools' blocks are shared;
If you find a block, 99.5% of the 25BTC + transaction fees get generated directly at your bitcoin address!

That's why he'd probably have to actually solo mine against his own node.  Unless he wanted to pay a pool operator BTC26 up front, trusting them completely (in lieu of an escrow service), and wait around until that pool finds the block with it paid out in full to his address of choice.

As it is, there's only a few services where you can buy 'clean' coins; Hedgy's MBP contract and BlockTrail Mint, for example, but they're still intermediaries (e.g. BlockTrail's is Miner -> Mint -> You)

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4480
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 10:40:50 AM

Because those solo pools' blocks are shared;
If you find a block, 99.5% of the 25BTC + transaction fees get generated directly at your bitcoin address!
The coinbase transaction still goes directly to the address.
A mined coinbase can go to 1 or many addresses - it's still the same.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
TheRealSteve

FUN > ROI

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 11:07:07 AM

Yeah, I did say shared.

Other solo mining solutions - e.g. bitsolo or solo.ckpool - have the reward split between you and the pool operator(s).  If that's okay, then check out solutions like that.

If somebody wanted perfectly clean coins without association (and yes, this would also mean dropping custom scriptSigs), then that wouldn't do.

Rupert Murdoch (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 08:37:22 PM

Right .....

So what you means is?

Not really. We can easily use third party escrow websites like LocalBitcoins.com, 100bit.co.in or PaxFul.com.
Rupert Murdoch (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 06:52:58 PM

This seems to be a nice idea. Block explorers will show whom as the owner of blocks found this way? Pool Murdoch or solo.ckpool?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: