Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:15:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens now that BitcoinXT is essentially dead  (Read 3230 times)
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:15:09 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2015, 01:37:32 PM by Carlton Banks

With less than 10% of the nodes and zero mined blocks recently what happens now that BitcoinXT (GVC) is for all practical purposes dead?

What of Gavin and Mike?

Gavin A. goes Peter R.; Bitcoin unlimited:

"In my heart of hearts, I think everything would be just fine if the block limit was completely eliminated. I think actually nothing bad would happen."

He can't have said this after this weekend's conference. If he did then he's even more of a clown than I thought.

Well, Andresen recently retracted statements that the Core dev team had been judged by the Bitcoin community as in need of dismissal from their posts (made in his joint podcast appearance with Adam Back). He's making pretty bizarre statements across the board at the moment.

Vires in numeris
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:27:48 PM

With less than 10% of the nodes and zero mined blocks recently what happens now that BitcoinXT (GVC) is for all practical purposes dead?

What of Gavin and Mike?

Will they still be taken seriously in future projects?

~BCX~

So by this logic should we not take seriously all owners of failed pull requests? Logic = 0!

How do you compare a major fork attempt with a pull request?  
You just do.
You guys are acting like BitcoinXT was something that never happened before. It may not have happened in the Bitcoin world, but it happens all the time in the Open Source World. So, if their proposal is not accepted by an economic majority, they drop it, and start working on other projects. Business as usual. Nothing dramatic about that.
You guys are just a bunch of retarded fanboys, like in all this stupid iPhone vs. Android wars ...

It really isn't comparable and if you can't see it then it is likely you are part of the "retarded" gang.
Why is it not comparable? Please enlighten me.

Because this is a 3B$ economy that depends on trust. Forcing a contentious hard fork for political motives divides the consensus & undermines that trust which puts everyone's money at risk.
So, it is the worth of the project?
Linux is worth more and forks happen all the time. That was exactly the kind of fanboy answer, I expected.
and btw. Bitcoin is a trustless system. Please read the whitepaper

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:35:05 PM

What of Gavin and Mike?

~BCX~

So by this logic should we not take seriously all owners of failed pull requests? Logic = 0!

You just do.
You guys are acting like BitcoinXT was something that never happened before. It may not have happened in the Bitcoin world, but it happens all the time in the Open Source World. So, if their proposal is not accepted by an economic majority, they drop it, and start working on other projects. Business as usual. Nothing dramatic about that.
You guys are just a bunch of retarded fanboys, like in all this stupid iPhone vs. Android wars ...

It really isn't comparable and if you can't see it then it is likely you are part of the "retarded" gang.

Because this is a 3B$ economy that depends on trust. Forcing a contentious hard fork for political motives divides the consensus & undermines that trust which puts everyone's money at risk.
Linux is worth more and forks happen all the time. That was exactly the kind of fanboy answer, I expected.

Worth of the project? No, this is an economy based on trust dipshit, hasn't anything to do with "the worth". Moreover their hard fork was not based on technical dissent but political ideologies as they attempted to force their turd down the throat of "the community" using PR tactics, propaganda & fud using their "authority".

No one's investment is directly at risk from a Linux fork. You're a clown  Undecided

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:40:02 PM

Yes, since when was Linux a consensus based p2p network?

turvaya is conflating the forking of the code with the forking of the chain, but I would expect nothing less than more nonsense arguments from the BIP101 bible bashers at this stage

Vires in numeris
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:41:09 PM

What of Gavin and Mike?

Gavin A. goes Peter R.; Bitcoin unlimited:

"In my heart of hearts, I think everything would be just fine if the block limit was completely eliminated. I think actually nothing bad would happen."

He can't have said this after this weekend's conference. If he did then he's even more of a clown than I thought.

When I compare him with you, then I know who's the clown.
turvarya

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:48:41 PM

What of Gavin and Mike?

~BCX~

You just do.

Worth of the project? No, this is an economy based on trust dipshit, hasn't anything to do with "the worth". Moreover their hard fork was not based on technical dissent but political ideologies as they attempted to force their turd down the throat of "the community" using PR tactics, propaganda & fud using their "authority".

No one's investment is directly at risk from a Linux fork. You're a clown  Undecided
1. It is not based on trust. You are not even able to understand a fundamental principle of Bitcoin.
2. It is a open source project, calling it an economy or using other term to make it sound special, just confirms, that I am talking with a fanboy, who doesn't want to see reality.
3. Same with calling it "not technical dissent but political ideologies", just because you don't like the solution, they provided.
4. Yes, a Linux fork, could cause people to lose their investment. Again, nothing unusual here in the Bitcoin World.

@Carlton Banks
and again ad hominem is all you can provide ...

brg444

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:54:33 PM

What of Gavin and Mike?

~BCX~

You just do.

1. It is not based on trust. You are not even able to understand a fundamental principle of Bitcoin.
2. It is a open source project, calling it an economy or using other term to make it sound special, just confirms, that I am talking with a fanboy, who doesn't want to see reality.
3. Same with calling it "not technical dissent but political ideologies", just because you don't like the solution, they provided.
4. Yes, a Linux fork, could cause people to lose their investment. Again, nothing unusual here in the Bitcoin World.

@Carlton Banks
and again ad hominem is all you can provide ...

1. "Not based on trust" Then what is it? Magic? Bitcoin = money. Money = trust. Seems pretty fundamental to me.
2. Bitcoin = money = economy. As Carlton mentions it relies on consensus much like any form of money does and quite unlike any other open source project.
3. I don't care about the solution. As any open source fork its code should stand on its own. It didn't and so they had to rely to shady tactics to sell it to the sheeps.
4. Painfully obvious you don't know what you're talking about

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:55:05 PM

In every thread with BitcoinXT, i always see 3-4 faces of the retards bashing Gavin, and Mike.

LOL, you're fighting so hard huh?
brg444

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:57:13 PM

In every thread with BitcoinXT, i always see 3-4 faces of the retards bashing Gavin, and Mike.

Roll Eyes

Says the guy who's whole sad online persona is based on bashing someone's who's never heard of him.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:59:56 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2015, 09:35:58 AM by Amph

nothing, i just hope consensus don't follow something worse, like the whole route that give advantage to miners by increasing fees and shit like that

i'm all for dynamic TX limit, which is bip106 apparently
meono

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:03:47 PM

Roll Eyes

Says the guy who's whole sad online persona is based on bashing someone's who's never heard of him.

Say the dumbass who thinks he is "bitcoin community"

What the fck you think you are? Some piece of shit traders who spent most his time in speculation section and scamcoins section.

LOL let the real community decide the direction of bitcoin, you're fighting an imaginary war, dumbass
turvarya

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:05:42 PM

1. "Not based on trust" Then what is it? Magic? Bitcoin = money. Money = trust. Seems pretty fundamental to me.
It is based in Proof of Work. Maybe you have heard about that.

I wanted to comment on the other things, but you are just throwing around words, without meaning and I have better things to do ...

brg444

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:06:29 PM

Roll Eyes

What the fck you think you are? Some piece of shit traders who spent most his time in speculation section and scamcoins section.

LOL let the real community decide the direction of bitcoin, you're fighting an imaginary war, dumbass

I sat around "the real community" the whole weekend and it was quite productive thank you.

You're a troll, what credentials do you have to call out anyone?

brg444

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:09:47 PM

I wanted to comment on the other things, but you are just throwing around words, without meaning and I have better things to do ...

There are thousands of coins based on proof of work. Surely there is something special about Bitcoin?

meono

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:11:13 PM

Roll Eyes

I sat around "the real community" the whole weekend and it was quite productive thank you.

You're a troll, what credentials do you have to call out anyone?

True you might have sat around with some key players in bitcoin world, but did you dare to open your mouth like you did on here? you know the shittalks about bitcoinXT, Gavin and Mike?

I bet if you did, you will be looked at like an idiot. But doing it online is fine right? because there are few other retards to join you.

Calling you out on the merits of your posts, i dont need "credentials" for that.

This is not a political game dumbass
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:12:34 PM

Meanwhile we inch closer to the edge of the cliff.  Sad

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
meono

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:14:26 PM

Meanwhile we inch closer to the edge of the cliff.  Sad

switching to bitcoinxt takes only minutes
meono

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:15:58 PM

There are thousands of coins based on proof of work. Surely there is something special about Bitcoin?

if you're too dumb to figure this out, then you should stop posting garbage

hint: its not trust
turvarya

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:22:14 PM

There are millions of unsuccessful open source projects which are very similar to successful open source projects.
And again, nothing special in Bitcoin World.

brg444

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 02:24:55 PM

if you're too dumb to figure this out, then you should stop posting garbage

hint: its not trust

Roll Eyes

Please enlighten me

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: