Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:59:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WARNING] SearchTrade.com - Probably a scam !  (Read 4097 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6115

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 08:17:36 AM

I was probably the first one speaking about this company when I posted on "Bitcoin Discussion" and linked the article from CoinTelegraph , then .. seems like SearchTrade.com created an account and started posting here and adveriting and answering people questions and stuff .

Their announcement thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1169313.0

I posted first time on his thread this :

So after you psoted on my topic : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1169587.20
I only have one question now , Could you please post the adresses that you own and they contain the funds for real and sign messages from them ? that way we can be sure that this is legit and you may even get more investors .

His answer was : "Sure we can, Will post it here nxt week. Thanx for making the effort." https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1169313.msg12334306#msg12334306

Then the user below my post and SearchTrade post said this :

Sure we can, Will post it here nxt week.
I dont think you will, but still, lets see:

Note that this was on 5th September , so it's being 10 days , now after all these days passed ... SearchTrade posted a screenshot for their wallet where they claim that it contains 146 BTC , and it's on smartphone , it's always nice to keep huge amounts on Smartphones i guess.

Now I'am pretty sure he don't have this amount of money and he just trying to make quick buck from investors or something because that amount on their website is totally fake and it just a way to try make the website look legit , it wouldn't make any sense if they have that amount of money since the website have no History on Reddit , Bitcointalk , or anywhere else , just CoinTelegraph which I started to consider them as a scam publishers .

Well , how to proove it ? Since he said he only have 146.00 BTC on that wallet and the others are somewhere else , I searched a little bit and I only found one wallet that contains that amount  : http://bitcoinrichlist.com/top100?page=91
and Guess what , the only transactoin was made one year ago so it's 100% not them if you ask me . https://blockchain.info/address/14xq84BRi5iLuyNnrmxyiPpjwxrZZ1nJN6

Even if he is holding them on different adresses it wouldn't make sense why he don't want to post proof of signed messages .
Please , stay away from this . It will simply end badly if you ask me .

If I'am missing something here then please let me know Smiley AND POST what do you think about SearchTrade .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MarkMJ

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

one for one and 1 2 3

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:05:57 AM

You are right,no money no investment.

I'm RED and that's GOOD, i will never be GREEN and that's not BAD! there's no one i'd rather be than me.
DEV for cryptocurrency but I HATE forks
SparkedDev

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 07:36:37 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2015, 08:38:37 AM by SparkedDev

You do realize that's a coinbase wallet which are attached to accounts.
Two all funds won't be in one wallet because

1:
Anyone who used coinbase its an off the chain transaction

2:
Any transactions between accounts its purely data in the database being switched so there would not be one address with that much btc in it.

3:
Merchant services generate new addresses each time to be paid to and give you the data to your main wallet address.

4:
Coinbase don't have a signed system only message system but i think they might have a api system that shows what your account balance is.

So only solution here is A have coinbase somehow say that they are verified which im not sure if they do that or use api to show funds.

Edit:
Oh i have to say i lied a bit the agent at coinbase told me it wasn't possible to sign addresses.

https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1526413-how-do-i-sign-a-message-with-a-bitcoin-address-

Been using it for a long time didnt even know this was added.

.BITVEST DICE.
HAS BEEN RELEASED!

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 08:23:41 AM

I know all things you mentioned , however he still can send his BTC to cold storage or Desktop wallet and sign message just to proove that his services are legit .

I will give you an example , if I'am selling a Legendary account for 1BTC and you are interested in it , however you ask me to sign a message and I find the execuse "I used Coinbase adresss all the time" , would you buy it ? definitely not .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2015, 10:26:20 AM

if you only read about a service on cointelegraph be very careful. contelegraph has a history for promoting scams for every penny they can get.

Rotten Egg

Activity: 172
Merit: 22

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 03:10:01 PM

if you only read about a service on cointelegraph be very careful. contelegraph has a history for promoting scams for every penny they can get.
Exactly. They promoted CloudThink.io.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114740/cloudthink

Cleaning BitcoinTalk community since 2014.
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:26:33 PM

I know all things you mentioned , however he still can send his BTC to cold storage or Desktop wallet and sign message just to proove that his services are legit .

I will give you an example , if I'am selling a Legendary account for 1BTC and you are interested in it , however you ask me to sign a message and I find the execuse "I used Coinbase adresss all the time" , would you buy it ? definitely not .
Good example. There is no good reason on earth why someone promoting a service would be reluctant to sign a freakin transaction to prove his services are legit. I can understand that not any services comes on its own with signed transactions, but if a skeptical user has pointed them towards that, I don't see any reason to not sign a message. It would only benefit the service.

So, I'd suggest to stay away from that - in combination with cointelegraph, those are two red flags, now.

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
btc_enigma

Activity: 688
Merit: 565

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:44:40 PM

Definitely a scam ... now they are showing 254BTC collected and got published in CCN also https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/searchtrade-uses-bitcoin-reward-people-using-search-platform/ .  Don't know how media outlets publish this stuff without any background work. I guess money talks

tech_solutions

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 03:02:32 AM

Definitely a scam ... now they are showing 254BTC collected and got published in CCN also https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/searchtrade-uses-bitcoin-reward-people-using-search-platform/ .  Don't know how media outlets publish this stuff without any background work. I guess money talks

I can see that most of this Indian owner whose sites are from other countrys are mostly scamms, you can check with igot.com they are also from other country and have in india office but all are fake owner name , address, and still their site is running and they are cheating with the users. and this cheap media promote them for small amount and give more boost for scammer to do more scamming.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:47:17 AM

I can see that most of this Indian owner whose sites are from other countrys are mostly scamms, you can check with igot.com they are also from other country and have in india office but all are fake owner name , address, and still their site is running and they are cheating with the users. and this cheap media promote them for small amount and give more boost for scammer to do more scamming.

It's not a big deal , if he scams big amounts , I'am pretty sure that the Interpol will take him down , at least this is what I hope .

Just trying to make quick money like I said before and that's why they started recently to accept differentt payment methods .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 11:01:01 AM

I didn't call it scam just because of what I read , I called it "probably a scam" because he didn't want to proove that he actually own those bitcoins .
Anyway since I'am the bad guy here , I will close this topic .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████