Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 07:04:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: seeking web developers/investors/graphic designers for new btc gambling game  (Read 1326 times)
Harpua (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Spastic dead-eyed hound.

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 05:15:21 PM

Hey guys,

So I made a thread in the newbie section about what to do if I had an idea to make a new type of btc gambling game.  I would like to invest in this idea and would like to have partners go in with me to make this website a success; and I think the best way for everyone to be happy with the results is to have an escrow to help stock funds and give developers their share of money (at a price we all agree on) and investors their share of money (again, what we agree on).  So here's the general concept, without going into much detail because I don't want anyone to steal the idea and create it for themselves... I would like to be the first to put this out.

It would be a gambling site that has a list of every sport out there (football, american football, baseball, nascar, etc. etc.) and have more than a handful of people bet into a pool for a particular game in a particular sport; whatever game they choose.  Once the limit hits for the amount of people required to play (and before the game starts, obviously); there will be a provably fair drawing for each "slot" each gambler holds.  Each "slot" that gambler gets, in it's self, will predict a certain outcome of the game and needs to be that prediction for the gambler to win.  This drawing must be made proven that it's completely random to people wanting to gamble on the site, I want to ensure there is no scheme that takes place to picking. There is no limit how many times one person can enter the match to play.

The site will not pick which games will be chosen or at what cost each "slot" is worth (and total pool amount); the site will just host every game on there that users create and take a small percentage of the pool (still don't know what that percentage should be yet, though I want to make it as small as possible for people to want to keep betting there).

I know this is a very vague description of the site I want to make, but again, I don't want anyone taking the idea for their own.  Just know that it needs to be a gambling site for sports and a provably fair system will be needed to create a pooled money game.  I play this type of game with people that go to a local bar of mine a lot and it's quite fun, and I would like to see it grow into a gambling site online for everyone to enjoy.  If anyone is interested in developing this and/or would like to invest with me, PM me or message me on this thread.

Thanks.
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 07:29:59 PM

Nice spirit, i can do with graphic design, you should make a group chat for your team, PM me if you need me.
Harpua (OP)

Spastic dead-eyed hound.

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 07:52:57 PM

Nice spirit, i can do with graphic design, you should make a group chat for your team, PM me if you need me.

Once we have a select team, I'd like to have everybody's contacts so we can atleast email each other whenever possible or maybe have a group chat on groupme or whatsapp... We'll figure that out once we get a group together though. I'll keep in touch once everything is lined up Grin thanks for your interest.
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 08:09:52 PM

Once we have a select team, I'd like to have everybody's contacts so we can atleast email each other whenever possible or maybe have a group chat on groupme or whatsapp... We'll figure that out once we get a group together though. I'll keep in touch once everything is lined up Grin thanks for your interest.

My suggestion is use slack(have android app too) for chat group, especially with the discussion about project development, because the features is useful for a team who develop some project.
Harpua (OP)

Spastic dead-eyed hound.

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 08:24:17 PM

My suggestion is use slack(have android app too) for chat group, especially with the discussion about project development, because the features is useful for a team who develop some project.

Ok cool, thanks for the suggestion... Hopefully a web developer will be interested sometime soon so we can get the ball rolling on this. Once I get home from work I'll try to find an escrow for the handling of funds. If you know of any good developers, PM them for me. If not I guess I guess we'll just wait until more people get interested.
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 05:15:46 AM

Ok cool, thanks for the suggestion... Hopefully a web developer will be interested sometime soon so we can get the ball rolling on this. Once I get home from work I'll try to find an escrow for the handling of funds. If you know of any good developers, PM them for me. If not I guess I guess we'll just wait until more people get interested.

Here's an escrow list: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855778.0
there are some people here which have a skill with coding and have a good developer. i personally can do with design graphic only.
alwinlinzee

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:17:04 AM

I am interested in joining your team also, I am interested in investing few btc as time goes by and I can see the project clearly.

Engine-IT

Activity: 149

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:22:38 AM

Dear Harpua,

We can help you to develop this project including the server part, mobile apps and cryptocurrencies integration.
Please contact me if you are interested.

Harpua (OP)

Spastic dead-eyed hound.

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 02:43:42 PM

Dear Harpua,

We can help you to develop this project including the server part, mobile apps and cryptocurrencies integration.
Please contact me if you are interested.

Check your inbox, sent PM.

I am interested in joining your team also, I am interested in investing few btc as time goes by and I can see the project clearly.

No problem, I completely understand. Once I figure out how much needs to go into making the site and have it functional; I'll let you know what the initial investment needs to be. Still waiting for a couple more investors so we can really go all out on the site and make it easy to understand and fun to play for everyone. We will decide how funds for the site will be used and how much/who gets paid what at the beginning and in the future. Hopefully by the time we get a solid team put together, we can use a group chat we all can use to easily communicate rather than communicate via this forum.

Looking forward to working with you.
Harpua (OP)

Spastic dead-eyed hound.

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:11:32 PM

there are some people here which have a skill with coding and have a good developer. i personally can do with design graphic only.

Did you mean some escrow's on there are developers as well as being a trustful escrow? Or do you mean that some of the people that posted on that thread are good developers?  I can't tell who are and who aren't good developers, except for good escrows to go through.
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:29:21 PM

Did you mean some escrow's on there are developers as well as being a trustful escrow? Or do you mean that some of the people that posted on that thread are good developers?  I can't tell who are and who aren't good developers, except for good escrows to go through.

On your previous post above, you looking for an escrow right? so, i give you list of trusted escrow. AFAIK escrow is just handling of funds only(or maybe if the escrow good in developing, you can discuss it), the funds of investor and/or the funds of the commission(?).
Harpua (OP)

Spastic dead-eyed hound.

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:58:21 PM

On your previous post above, you looking for an escrow right? so, i give you list of trusted escrow. AFAIK escrow is just handling of funds only(or maybe if the escrow good in developing, you can discuss it), the funds of investor and/or the funds of the commission(?).

Oh ok, I guess I misread what you were trying to say... I have a good escrow in mind, but am not sure what to do about getting a developer for the site.  Engine-It hasn't replied to my last PM which I guess means that he wasn't interested in the project at hand, so for everyone else out there who is interested in the project that wants to develop the page (including hot wallets for btc/major alt coins, DDoS protection/security features, et cetera) please contact me on this thread or PM me please.  Also still looking for more investors... I'm trying to decide between a minimum of ~ a BTC .5-1 minimum to join the group.
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 09:37:09 PM

Ah i see..
hmm,, maybe people here still in vacation Cheesy sadly i can't do with some programming or security development.

Anyway if you looking for an investor, at least you need a source code or a local website which can an investor review it and make an investor join and believe you to invest in your project, and... so role of escrow is need on this part.
Harpua (OP)

Spastic dead-eyed hound.

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 09:57:51 PM

Ah i see..
hmm,, maybe people here still in vacation Cheesy sadly i can't do with some programming or security development.

Anyway if you looking for an investor, at least you need a source code or a local website which can an investor review it and make an investor join and believe you to invest in your project, and... so role of escrow is need on this part.

Ok so I know this is going to make me sound like a dumb ass, and complete newb... but here it goes lol.  In your opinion, what should be my course of action to get this whole project set? Like a step by step, because I have absolutely no idea what to do/what to focus on first to get this rolling... all I have going for me is a couple bitcoins to invest and this idea I'm trying to make into a reality.

Because I don't know whether I should focus to try to hire a dev first to make a rough draft version of a source code for me that I would fund myself... or whether I should focus right now on getting a good escrow to go through, before I get into the aspect of hiring someone to do coding.
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 11:11:33 AM

Maybe you need to find a partner, not people to hire/freelance, because you can't work alone to build big project, and i think you should find a coder which you can be a partner.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: