Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:33:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (Very) small investment opportunity - check it out  (Read 4129 times)
ultramonkey (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 08:51:47 PM

Hey guys, I hope all is well.

So I've been plotting for a while now and I've come up with what I feel is a fairly solid plan to make a few bitcoins. Although I know that most of you are trustworthy, I do not feel comfortable disclosing the details at this time, as anyone could read this and take my ideas. I will tell you that it does not involve gambling or any illegal activity, just to be sure.

Here's the deal: I am a broke college student and I really don't have the extra cash to purchase some BTC. In order to get started, I'm looking for one generous person to donate/invest the amount of 1.5 BTC to my cause. I am only accepting this from one person. You can check the blockchain to see if I have already received it, and I will post here as soon as I do. If I receive coins from anyone else I will promptly return them to the sender.

If I succeed, which I am quite confident I will, the investor will be awarded 3.00 BTC, maybe more depending on how successful I am. If I fail, well, then sadly you are just out 1.5 BTC; however, I will TRY to eventually pay you back in the event that things go sour, but I cannot say how long that will be. That being said, feel free to donate as much as you like if you're really in a giving mood, but I can't promise you a full return on your investment. Anything I do not spend will be returned though. Let me make it clear that I am not looking for a loan. I just need one gracious person with some extra BTC lying around to help me out.

How do you know that I'm not just some POS scammer? Well, you don't. All I can do is give you my word that I will fulfill my end of the bargain. Bear in mind the rather small amount that I am requesting. If I was trying to rip you guys off, I'd be asking for more and I'd come up with some elaborate scheme to try and convince you.

So please, please consider giving me a hand. Not to sound corny, but I would be forever grateful  Cool

Best regards,
Jeff

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 09:01:14 PM

- One post
- A fairly solid plan, but refuses to share what said plan is
- Can't come up with $17

Hmmmm...
Nolo

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 09:02:03 PM

Hey guys, I hope all is well.

So I've been plotting for a while now and I've come up with what I feel is a fairly solid plan to make a few bitcoins. Although I know that most of you are trustworthy, I do not feel comfortable disclosing the details at this time, as anyone could read this and take my ideas. I will tell you that it does not involve gambling or any illegal activity, just to be sure.

Here's the deal: I am a broke college student and I really don't have the extra cash to purchase some BTC. In order to get started, I'm looking for one generous person to donate/invest the amount of 1.5 BTC to my cause. I am only accepting this from one person. You can check the blockchain to see if I have already received it, and I will post here as soon as I do. If I receive coins from anyone else I will promptly return them to the sender.

If I succeed, which I am quite confident I will, the investor will be awarded 3.00 BTC, maybe more depending on how successful I am. If I fail, well, then sadly you are just out 1.5 BTC; however, I will TRY to eventually pay you back in the event that things go sour, but I cannot say how long that will be. That being said, feel free to donate as much as you like if you're really in a giving mood, but I can't promise you a full return on your investment. Anything I do not spend will be returned though. Let me make it clear that I am not looking for a loan. I just need one gracious person with some extra BTC lying around to help me out.

How do you know that I'm not just some POS scammer? Well, you don't. All I can do is give you my word that I will fulfill my end of the bargain. Bear in mind the rather small amount that I am requesting. If I was trying to rip you guys off, I'd be asking for more and I'd come up with some elaborate scheme to try and convince you.

So please, please consider giving me a hand. Not to sound corny, but I would be forever grateful  Cool

Best regards,
Jeff

So you aren't going to tell us what you are going to use it for?

I wish you luck, but I don't see it happening.  Especially on your first post.  

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
ryanAC

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 09:08:56 PM

Just start watching these videos:
http://www.cointube.tv/?ref=1Dae5iRRSaaFJvCGYeDMbfUzcBDrqwuJCH

You'll get your 1.5 btc eventually.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 09:20:51 PM

If you can't even afford $17 to buy the coins, how do you afford to eat?

ultramonkey (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

You're right, how DO I afford to eat? Not easily, I can tell you that. I don't think I really conveyed what I meant by "broke college student." Some of us don't come into the world with everything, some of us have to scrape change from under the car seat to get by.

You're not helping me by telling me what an idiot I am. I'm just looking for a selfless person to help me get the ball rolling with my endeavours.

I just figure SOMEONE out there will say, "hey, instead of dropping this BTC on a round of satoshi dice, why not give it to this guy?"

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 09:49:05 PM

I just figure SOMEONE out there will say, "hey, instead of dropping this BTC on a round of satoshi dice, why not give it to this guy?"
We've all been scammed too many times to say something like that.

Go ask a friend for the money.  Or family.  Surely there's someone in your life who knows and trusts you who can give you the money.
ultramonkey (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 10:16:13 PM

I know what you mean about not wanting to get ripped off. I understand completely. But you I'm afraid you are incorrect - family's poor too, friend thing is not an option, people around here are to shifty.

Still open to potential donors. You never know, maybe you'll double it up. It doesn't have to be 1.50, I just threw that out there for the sake of even numbers. I actually only need 1.3165, but whatever

Peace
Nolo

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 10:16:59 PM

You're right, how DO I afford to eat? Not easily, I can tell you that. I don't think I really conveyed what I meant by "broke college student." Some of us don't come into the world with everything, some of us have to scrape change from under the car seat to get by.

You're not helping me by telling me what an idiot I am. I'm just looking for a selfless person to help me get the ball rolling with my endeavours.

And there are actually people out there that are willing to invest with individuals on adventures.  The problem you are running in to is severalfold.  A few I can think of immediately off the top of my head are:

1) You won't say what the BTC will be used for;
2) You have no reputation here, much less a post record here; and
3) You don't have any alternative means to pay back the funds if whatever your idea is fails.

I hope it works out for you, but I just don't see it happening with these issues. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 10:22:29 PM

I know what you mean about not wanting to get ripped off. I understand completely. But you I'm afraid you are incorrect - family's poor too, friend thing is not an option, people around here are to shifty.

Still open to potential donors. You never know, maybe you'll double it up. It doesn't have to be 1.50, I just threw that out there for the sake of even numbers. I actually only need 1.3165, but whatever

Peace

So what your saying is you need 1.3165 but you can't tell us what these coins will be used for, also don't you have ID or something like that you can scan and post to the forum so we know your a college student and not some 40 yr trying to scam.
Nolo

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 10:23:42 PM

Peace

So what your saying is you need 1.3165 but you can't tell us what these coins will be used for, also don't you have ID or something like that you can scan and post to the forum so we know your a college student and not some 40 yr trying to scam.

I don't know, be careful.  I still have my college ID in my wallet and I graduated 10 years ago lol.   Grin

ultramonkey (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 10:31:40 PM

1: I already said I don't want some d-bag to use my idea
2: What difference would it make if I had a thousand posts? That doesn't prove I'm trustworthy
3: If I had a way to pay it back, why would I need it in the first place?
3b: I also said I would try to pay it back eventually.

I'm not coming in here begging, I'm not raising hell and making demands. I simply asked, very politely, if anyone was willing to fork it over, under the condition that they'll either get a 200+% return on it, or nothing. I'm not hurting anyone by asking.

If you don't believe me, you think this all some master scheme I cooked up, fine. I. can't say I blame you. Either you want to help me or you don't, it's as simple as that. There's no way I can prove who I am or what I'm doing, all I have is my anonymous, typed word.
panda1

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 10:31:53 PM

You can work for one day and have more than enough to get your BTC.
ultramonkey (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 10:35:21 PM

Read my other posts. You're not helping me, nor are you going to change my mind. If you're not interested, just chill.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 10:39:34 PM

1: I already said I don't want some d-bag to use my idea
2: What difference would it make if I had a thousand posts? That doesn't prove I'm trustworthy
3: If I had a way to pay it back, why would I need it in the first place?
3b: I also said I would try to pay it back eventually.

I'm not coming in here begging, I'm not raising hell and making demands. I simply asked, very politely, if anyone was willing to fork it over, under the condition that they'll either get a 200+% return on it, or nothing. I'm not hurting anyone by asking.

If you don't believe me, you think this all some master scheme I cooked up, fine. I. can't say I blame you. Either you want to help me or you don't, it's as simple as that. There's no way I can prove who I am or what I'm doing, all I have is my anonymous, typed word.

Well good luck cause you will never get any money, this way. The trustworthy isn't in the post number, it is in how long they have been around and even then those people have a hard time, with out any transaction records. I think you need to post an ID with a picture of yourself with your account username on a piece of paper so we know it is you.
Epicblood

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 10:53:37 PM

Hey, I only just started mining BTC but I would send you if I had enough xD

1AbYgR1FspHBB5EqyaxX6MrT6jmc7eMVEQ
Looking for Scrypt miner for ML605
Revolutionary MoneyMaking! Build your own cloud miner!
panda1

Activity: 187

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 11:05:51 PM

Read my other posts. You're not helping me, nor are you going to change my mind. If you're not interested, just chill.

I just showed you how to make more BTC, you should be grateful.
I'm sure someone will be dumb enough to send you the BTC so congrats in advance.

Unuser

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 11:11:18 PM

Hey guys. I'm a genius stock broker, but I can't verify that for privacy reasons but I totally work on wall skreet.

I just need 1.3164 to set my genius plan in motion and become a bajillionaire and totally pay you back, honest.. Give me monies, not him.
ultramonkey (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 11:32:29 PM

I could fake any identity, PhotoShop does exist. I can't find a job in my area but I am self employed. Thanks anyway for that sagely wisdom. I can't mine, craptop can only do like 7mhs or w/e, plus I obviously can't afford the electrical costs. Ridiculing me does nothing but make you look immature.

What part of "donate, and you may get a return on it, you may not" is so difficult for some of you? I made it perfectly clear in my first post that I can't prove anything and this could easily be a scam, and that whoever does donate is taking a risk.
Stop bringing up issues I've already addressed.
I'm still accepting, so feel free to contact me if you have like a million coins and wouldn't mind losing one
proper_proper

Activity: 22

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 11:45:07 PM

This investment opportunity is now closed. I have donated and taken the only position available in this security. Have a good day. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: