Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:28:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Auction][WTS] Novel Android bitcoin application  (Read 358 times)
ProfMac (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 11:07:10 PM

Previously, I have sold shares in an ASIC miner at auction, and have been judged as trustworthy and transparent, a remarkable achievement.  Some of you may remember that my photograph of this miner appeared in the Wall Street Journal along with my real name.  The long, boring, and real time unfolding of this saga is in the thread and the associated blockchain transactions, transparently visible to anyone.

For the past year I have considered a new use of Bitcoins and an Android application that implements it.  I have not seen anyone else mention this idea.  It is, at the same time, a new idea but also a completely straightforward use of Bitcoin as currency.  I have consulted with friends, enthusiasts, Seniors, Elders, and one or two others, and I have thought carefully through their reactions and comments.

I have a probably irrational exuberance that I can get rich and also increase the value of Bitcoin if I completely conceptualize, specify, implement, and market this idea.  I am tempted to work on this without a day job.  You probably now have a sense of where this is going.  I don't think this is suitable for a KickStarter project, as it probably counts as a software project that is too early in the process.

I don't want to simply blather the idea to the world and not have any funding and possibly have someone else implement it.  However, I do have to tell some people if I want to go the funded route.  What I have decided to do is this:  I am willing to email the very short version of my idea without any obligation, and without a non disclosure agreement (NDA), to any qualified person.  To be qualified, you have to have some Bitcoins.

So here is the process.  

If you want to read the 1 page concept summary:
  • make a refundable deposit to this bitcoin address:  1B2iffMMCBwMU7SnY8QzyScJYGLi7va1VA
  • While there is no formal minimum deposit, it is pointless and annoying to sprinkle dust on the blockchain.
  • I will deduct the reasonable transaction fee of 0.0001 BTC when making the refunds.
  • You will want to be sure you send the funds from an address that you can use to sign a message, and that I can send the refund to.  For example, use blockchain.info or your own Satoshi reference client.  Do not use a mixer or send from an exchange.  I will refund to the sending address.
  • I will notice who is qualified and send the funds back sometime after block 375,699, or about a week from today.
  • If you are not sure that you know how to send funds from a certain address, send some funds to yourself and look at the transaction at blockchain.info.  

Additional thoughts

Of course, I will pay close attention to
  • who makes the largest total deposits.
  • how much the total of deposits are.
  • I will only send the document to the top 3/4 of respondents.  You can bump your bid from the same sender address.  (yeah, there ain't no sender in Bitcoin.  Deal with it.)

So, fire up your wallet and send a larger amount than anyone else.

I try to be respectful and informed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 11:23:35 PM

And what stops you from stealing the BTC? Or actually getting people to trust you enough to send large amounts?

Also, this belongs in the 'Auction' section.
ProfMac (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 12:50:13 AM

And what stops you from stealing the BTC? Or actually getting people to trust you enough to send large amounts?

Also, this belongs in the 'Auction' section.

Nothing stops me from stealing them.  However, I do have a good reputation both from previous auctions and my mining payouts.
I think the Auction section is for those threads where people bid in the thread.  This is really for discussion, not for posting bids.

I try to be respectful and informed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: