Author Topic: Work  (Read 2429 times)
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 12:31:36 AM

People should do it because they want to do it, not because they're made to do it.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Twilight Sparkle

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 01:00:10 AM

work for food like mushrooms and methylenedioxypyrovalerone.  otherwise why work? 

if no need to eat no need to work!  easy peasy.

bad man marx said:  if you don't want to work? no problem!
JohnBigheart

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 06:51:17 PM

People should do it because they want to do it, not because they're made to do it.

People want to eat => people want to work.
Very simple.

World renowned expert on silly sketches and stupid gif animations.
Your tips are welcome: 17cETm8zDugFKuNQMprW6GgAFEpmrcPUA
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 08:13:47 PM

Which is why we shouldn't have money, so you can work on whatever you enjoy and communities share food.  I believe most people have some level of ambition to not sit around all day.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
swissmate

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 08:40:22 PM

Because it's what makes us different from the rest of animals.
Work is the spirit of our existence.

Apart from philosphycal words, work makes me stay sane.
Without work I would really go mad in some time.
JohnBigheart

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 08:12:48 AM

Which is why we shouldn't have money, so you can work on whatever you enjoy and communities share food.  I believe most people have some level of ambition to not sit around all day.

What would be the motivation for me to share my crop with you if I would do all the field work and you did nothing?

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 06:55:31 PM

Because I would share my work with you.

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 07:01:22 PM

work for food like mushrooms and methylenedioxypyrovalerone.  otherwise why work? 

not quite accurate

He said "from each according to their ability"  most modern leftists interpret this as "from each according to as little as they can fucking get away with"  which is basically scabbing on your fellow workers.

Sad fact of the matter is, without the threat of starvation, most people will not do a god dammed thing.

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 07:05:58 PM

I don't think this is true.  Most people want to contribute to society, but most people do not know how, or they do not know what they really enjoy.  Everyone can find something they enjoy that benefits man kind, it's just a matter of removing distractions that keep people preoccupied from doing so (like TV, for example).

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 07:27:53 PM

I don't think this is true.  Most people want to contribute to society, but most people do not know how, or they do not know what they really enjoy.  Everyone can find something they enjoy that benefits man kind, it's just a matter of removing distractions that keep people preoccupied from doing so (like TV, for example).

I think you should find a peace, love and mung bean community to join and let us all know how the whole doing only what you want to do thing works out for you.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 07:47:37 PM

That's what earth is for.

kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 08:06:38 PM

not quite accurate

He said "from each according to their ability"  most modern leftists interpret this as "from each according to as little as they can fucking get away with"  which is basically scabbing on your fellow workers.

Sad fact of the matter is, without the threat of starvation, most people will not do a god dammed thing.
Yes, our WW2 was build on starvation.

bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 01:53:29 AM

Nothing is stopping you from forming a moneyless commune with like-minded friends. It could be a great experiment.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
JohnBigheart

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 08:18:37 AM

Because I would share my work with you.

And to keep track of how much I have shared with you and how much you have shared with me we have money. Money is simply an accounting mechanism for the work shared. Money is proof of work. Without an effective accounting mechanism people will be too tempted to take and not give.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 01:08:03 AM

No, money is possession, it is the opposite of sharing.  People will learn that giving feels good and is part of being happy.

Atlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 01:10:39 AM

No, money is possession, it is the opposite of sharing.  People will learn that giving feels good and is part of being happy.
So if a woman has possession of her body and refuses to have sex with men constantly, she's being a selfish bitch?
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 01:20:54 AM

Nothing is stopping you from forming a moneyless commune with like-minded friends. It could be a great experiment.

It's been done before - many times.  dank should probably go and join an existing commune given the effort required to establish one.  And yeah, you're going to need food whether or not people want your music.  That you're willing to share your music doesn't mean that people will be willing to trade food for it.  Nor does it mean that people will be willing to provide shelter, heating, clothing or sanitation for you in return for you providing music.  You're naive if you think that infrastructure will get built if everyone does only the jobs that they want to do and which make them happy (not to mention the fact that the raw materials for building infrastructure need to be procured).

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Atlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 01:26:41 AM

You're naive if you think that infrastructure will get built if everyone does only the jobs that they want to do and which make them happy (not to mention the fact that the raw materials for building infrastructure need to be procured).

In defense of this notion, if the desire and bids for certain infrastructure become high enough, people will drop what they are doing and build said infrastructure regardless of their passion. Everybody has their price.

For instance, if nobody wants to clean toilets but one guy or two really want a clean toilet to shit in and/or they get tired of the stench emanating from poorly maintained toilets, they will likely be willing to pay a premium to get toilets cleaned well beyond a standard minimum wage.

btcANGEL

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2012, 01:40:27 AM

Work: People should do it because they want to do it, not because they're made to do it.

Sharing: People should do it because they want to do it, not because they're made to do it.

Skydiving: People should do it because they want to do it, not because they're made to do it.

Laundry: People should do it because they want to do it, not because they're made to do it.

College: People should do it because they want to do it, not because they're made to do it.

"Silk": People should do it because they want to do it, not because they're made to do it.

Sex: People should do it because they want to do it, not because they're made to do it.

AML and KYC paperwork: People should do it because they want to do it, not because they're made to do it.

Soon you will be dancing face-to-face / With the limits of ambition and the scars of the marketplace / Welcome to the land of flame and fizz / Where you will learn that packaging is all that heaven is
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 16, 2012, 02:55:49 AM

So if a woman has possession of her body and refuses to have sex with men constantly, she's being a selfish bitch?
You still get to choose what you want to give.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: