Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:46:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scammers Got out of Prison  (Read 603 times)
Neotox (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

Free & Fast Neotox Escrow http://bit.ly/1OGVykp

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 09:59:57 AM

Recently Quickseller one of the biggest scam buster was removed from default trust list and all his trust feedbacks to proven scammers were turned to "Untrusted feedback" that doesn't change their trust score.

Some of the Scammers he found in past and given them negative trust got either neutral trust score or green trust after he got removed from default trust that is not good for forum,those scammers got another chance to scam some other honest users on forum, thats what they have done in past

Check Quickseller trust page
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=358020

you will find many scammers have black or green trust even there are proofs they are scammer
We all know he is a good scam buster, but his trust feedback doesn't affect scammer's score now so we need some other default trust members to check trust page on QS and if any users was proven scammer then mark them again(only users with proofs).

I think there are high chances that they will do scam again, let me know what you think.

Available
PM me to rent this space.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6120

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 10:08:29 AM

Here is what I think , I think that the Trust system on Bitcointalk is one of the worst trust systems I've seen on many forums on the internet , and I don't understand why Theymos is sticking to it , it's not like there isn't the necessary funding to make this system better . we could simply have the ability to give either Positive or negative feedback to members with mentioning how much we traded and that's it .. without increasing Trust during the months or whatever however we should only allow Senior member or Hero members (with 1500 posts or above for example) and above to give that otherwise their would be a lot of abuse .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Mrzinzin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 10:19:30 AM

If the evidences are so strong, why did they received only 1 negative?

When I see really strong proofs against someone, they usually receive 2 or more trusted negative trusts
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 10:31:39 AM

I said a while back that, seeing as Quickseller was effectively Tomatocage's hitman (whether or not you believe they are different people), then when TC reluctantly removed QS from his trust, I believe he had an obligation to the forum to address the effect of that action and personally revisit the accounts which have benefited from QS's downgrading, reconfirming (or not) trust on a case by case basis. He doesn't appear to have done that.

....without increasing Trust during the months or whatever however we should only allow Senior member or Hero members (with 1500 posts or above for example) and above to give that otherwise their would be a lot of abuse .

All that would do would increase the value of those enabled accounts.
The crux of all these problems is the transferability of accounts, giving them a value. The official line is that it can't be stopped, so it's allowed.
Until that changes, nothing else will.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6120

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 10:47:25 AM

When I see really strong proofs against someone, they usually receive 2 or more trusted negative trusts

Because people don't bother themselfs , also it's useless if you are aren't on the DefaultTrust it won't really affect on them . take the Investement based-game section for example ,most of them if not all are scammers  , it would take shitload of time to give them all negative trust and they may comeback and comeback .

I said a while back that, seeing as Quickseller was effectively Tomatocage's hitman (whether or not you believe they are different people), then when TC reluctantly removed QS from his trust, I believe he had an obligation to the forum to address the effect of that action and personally revisit the accounts which have benefited from QS's downgrading, reconfirming (or not) trust on a case by case basis. He doesn't appear to have done that.

....without increasing Trust during the months or whatever however we should only allow Senior member or Hero members (with 1500 posts or above for example) and above to give that otherwise their would be a lot of abuse .

All that would do would increase the value of those enabled accounts.
The crux of all these problems is the transferability of accounts, giving them a value. The official line is that it can't be stopped, so it's allowed.
Until that changes, nothing else will.

Agree on this one but this is why I gave an example for 1500 (it could be more) , someone with much high quality posts will be more then likely known on the community and made a reputation for him self , so he will definitly not sell his account . but again .. yes agree most of the website that use this kind of system don't allow Proxy & VPN's and double accounts .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 11:21:02 AM

People need to check the untrusted feedback as well before trading. Also, those who are on DT list should check QS's ratings and mark a negative on those accounts they consider as scammers which I guess should be done soon.

EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 12:07:57 PM

Most scammers with proof do have 2+ DT negative feedback. Others don't because he left the feedback silently. Normally a non-DT member opens a scam accusation and the offender get a lot of negative trust. That doesn't always apply when a DT member finds the scam attempt.

I've already checked the latest QS' left feedback a few days ago and left negative feedback to several proven scammers/'attempters'. When I have more time I'll go further in the list.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: