Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 12:46:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Internet early stage  (Read 1930 times)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 03:00:05 AM

bitcoin is more like torrent with money, you exchange data that have a value, nothing more or less

if bitcoin will be successful it's up to the people who are willing to accept it as a new form of payment

Yes, BTC is completely different.
Also, it is too early to know if "blockchain technology" will greatly outperform Bitcoin (and the Internet?) in the long run.   Shocked

chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:42:34 AM

Bitcoin is like the Internet and the personal computer. Welcome to the next revolution Bitcoin is the way to go and more and more people are talking about it.

I'm going to have to disagree and agree with your statement.  It's not like the internet because of the fact that there was only one true internet when it was being developed and will only be one true internet and no other "alternative" entities. 

Personal computers? Sure. When you consider all the name brands of computers now and days that is true because there is alternatives to the microsoft, mac, etc.

h@)(0r 0f th@ n1ghT

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:45:38 AM

Bitcoin is technically just numbers transferred on a blockchain
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 04:51:48 AM

it still depends on the community of bitcoin if it will really success.
well for me. i believe that it will success but takes a long time to do it.
well but i still cant imagine bitcoin will be equal to 1 million dollars.
look.. if it will happen. all bitcoin users will be rich. and it is really impossible.
so no how can you tell when bitcoin is already successful? wha prize of bitcoin is successful for you?

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 12:51:33 PM

it still depends on the community of bitcoin if it will really success.
well for me. i believe that it will success but takes a long time to do it.
well but i still cant imagine bitcoin will be equal to 1 million dollars.
look.. if it will happen. all bitcoin users will be rich. and it is really impossible.

so no how can you tell when bitcoin is already successful? wha prize of bitcoin is successful for you?

I guess you mean 1BTC= $1million
Keep in mind that no every Bitcoin user can own a whole Bitcoin. We will have a final supply of 21 million bitcoins. A few of them are already lost and can not be used anymore. So in the end we will maybe be able to use 18-19 million bitcoins.
When mass adoption happens and we are speaking about several hundred millions of users Bitcoin could reach an tremendously high price. But as I said not everyone will be able to own a whole bitcoin, more like a fraction of it.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 01:28:12 PM

you cant compare internet and bitcoin. internet brought along and/or made possible countless services and bussinesses, while bitcoin mainly serves for it's own purpuse.
I'm not saying that it wont evolve to something far more than it is today, but you by no means can compare those two gamechangers.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 05:18:35 PM

Due to Bitcoin has received more venture capital investment than internet in its early stage ($362 vs $250), do you think this could be significant to say bitcoin will be totally success?

i don't think that this is a completely true reason. and also don't think that it would necessarily lead to success of bitcoin.
but i do believe that bitcoin is yet to grow and will have brighter future in a couple of years but whether or not it will stay around for longer than that depends on how much successful it can be in this first steps.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 08:01:44 PM

Nobody is 100% sure if Bitcoin will be a success. As a dev said, Bitcoin is an experiment, in many levels. But one thing is for sure: the idea that is the basis of Bitcoin will never die. It will be kept forever and further developed. The blockchain is here to stay.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 09:39:11 PM

I hear this comparison a lot and also that bitcoin is just the first application like email was in the early internet. The problem is that email "still sucks" in 2015. Hopefully we can learn from previous mistakes.

Why does email such my friend? I love my emails. I am using them daily and I honestly don't know what would I do without it. I know I would lose a lot of time and money by going to the post office once a day.

Yes, Bitcoin is in a quite advantage over Internet. For Internet, we had to lay down all the infrastructure. This took a long time and that's why Internet took longer to develop.

Bitcoin on the other side already has this infrastructure laid down. Yes, we need to improve the security, facilitate buying of the coins, and some other things but the infrastructure is here and ready to host Bitcoin. That's why, Bitcoin development should take shorter amount of time than Internet development.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 12:53:06 AM

True indeed, This is like Internet in 1995. Bitcoin and whole crypto market is just a baby yet.  We need a lot of time to grow up this kid.
skeletonbit

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 04:59:28 AM

When I buy a piece of bitcoin, I feel like I'm buying  a hot dot com domain in the nineties.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:57:08 AM

No. I don't think so. First because must be calculated in how time (exactly) those money are given. It is in the same time or not. Second, because there are to many cases in the history that great invention (for to many factors) are entered in market very slowly. I can remember here the introduction of the credit cards. At the beginning no one wanted those. Now the life is incomprehensible without the credit cards.

I think that bitcoin will be a success not because has absorbed more money than internet but because are representatives of a disruptive technology which is "hidden" behind it. This technology, when will disrupt to many others currently in market, will be a big support for bitcoin as a currency. In this way bitcoin will be more and more important and will be used by more and more people.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 01:46:46 PM

Due to Bitcoin has received more venture capital investment than internet in its early stage ($362 vs $250), do you think this could be significant to say bitcoin will be totally success?

Given the big investments made by VC's, angels and other investors, the industry seems to be thriving. The growing interest of Banks and governments is proof that the technology is here to stay.
saturn643

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:49:41 PM

about the early days of the internet, were just a couple of nerds (as Bitcoin). But a couple of users and engineers saw the potential of email and internet and went on developing
VCLChief

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 12:13:19 AM

bitcoin is more like torrent with money, you exchange data that have a value, nothing more or less

if bitcoin will be successful it's up to the people who are willing to accept it as a new form of payment

Yes, BTC is completely different.
Also, it is too early to know if "blockchain technology" will greatly outperform Bitcoin (and the Internet?) in the long run.   Shocked

"blockchain technology" is getting all the venture capital. Its rather obvious.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 02:13:39 AM

I woulda thought that was already a given. Doesn't mean Bitcoin can't still be huge but it's just one implementation of what it gave birth to.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 11:29:43 AM

I hear this comparison a lot and also that bitcoin is just the first application like email was in the early internet. The problem is that email "still sucks" in 2015. Hopefully we can learn from previous mistakes.

If one day we are seing the same numbers of people using Bitcoin as the use email, it can suck as much as it wants to be honest.
In 2011there existed probably 3,1 billion email accounts and at the end of this year it is expected to be 4,1 billion accounts.
Damn! I want those numbers for Bitcoin!
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 12:11:03 PM

If one day we are seing the same numbers of people using Bitcoin as the use email, it can suck as much as it wants to be honest.
In 2011there existed probably 3,1 billion email accounts and at the end of this year it is expected to be 4,1 billion accounts.

Only way that would be possible is if major businesses will give their employees the option of being paid out in Bitcoin/and or start accepting Bitcoin as a form of payment... This is going to be a long process, because of the fact that businesses don't want to accept a payment that is notorious for having such volatile prices and purchasing power. I feel if bitcoins prices hit a major point of stability, then we will start to see businesses start to accept the payment, and therefore mass adoption.

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:44:56 AM

Only way that would be possible is if major businesses will give their employees the option of being paid out in Bitcoin/and or start accepting Bitcoin as a form of payment... This is going to be a long process, because of the fact that businesses don't want to accept a payment that is notorious for having such volatile prices and purchasing power. I feel if bitcoins prices hit a major point of stability, then we will start to see businesses start to accept the payment, and therefore mass adoption.

You forgot an very important and for sure the most particular thing. The spread of bitcoin and the arise of the numbers of the people who know and use bitcoin in the figures which is used email today will bring an exceptional thing for the owners of bitcoin. Its extraordinary high price. That is for sure. The number of bitcoin is limited. So more it will be spread he more the demand will be high, more will be asked and more its price will be increased. Calculate the number of bitcoiners as the number of the owners of emails. In the beginning and when this number will be as the number of the today's email owners. The difference between those numbers can give you only an idea about the level of price in which bitcoin can arrive. Imagine ....
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: