Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:24:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Clipse  (Read 10898 times)
psilan

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 09:22:38 PM

So what does theymos want to be 100%? Sounds odd.

dip

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Morblias

Activity: 576
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 09:43:34 PM

I was wondering that too. It's pretty obvious that we were scammed.

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
MrTeal (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 09:58:26 PM

I can only assume the remaining question is whether he's really run or whether he's just out of touch but still intends to pay us back.
MXRider

Activity: 466

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 10:21:42 PM

I was wondering that too. It's pretty obvious that we were scammed.

That "pretty obvious" is why theymos doesn't publish anything. When there is even the slightest chance that something has happened to clipse and this is not intentional, he can't publish IP addresses. I do understand his POV but I also think we have enough evidence.

Clipse misses deadline, site goes offline, he doesn't log in. But like theymos himself said it's not 100% sure that he stole our coins.

I already presented my plan to get enough evidence and theymos said it might be enough. We will see what happens.
psilan

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 10:34:04 PM

It doesn't matter where clipse is. He fabricated "Jonathan" who would look after the pool and make payments.
This person did not exist.

dip
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 10:49:03 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2012, 01:43:14 PM by Vandroiy

I asked for IP (...)

Here's something from 2012-07-15: 196-215-128-155.dynamic.isadsl.co.za (Edit: sorry, I misread the log by two days.)

A trace the same day went over 196-210-147-1.dynamic.isadsl.co.za, so I guess it really was that provider.

If it's a proxy, he would probably have used the same for the forums. South Africa would be somewhat credible given a quick sample of his posting times, I didn't go through the hassle of plotting them though.
Morblias

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 01:13:17 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2012, 02:23:17 AM by Morblias

Just quoting Clipse and putting this in the scam accusation thread also:

Sorry about the delay for this post but let me get the story straight on what happened.

I was away since my last post until the 15th of October and before I left I asked a friend to take care of the bitcoin payments while I am gone since I was waiting for the payment from client who were mined for to purchase the coins.

On the 7th Jonathen phoned me and told me that there is no LR payment yet and he cant buy coins to payout to miners, I told him that if its not in tomorrow he should tell me.

On the 8th of October I still didnt receive any payment for the last batch of mining that I planned to pay out to the miners but was reassured that it will be paid before the 15th of October and that it will be for September+October(I have had late payments before from clients so this wasnt new)

I got back on the 15th of October to the following situation:

- My dedicated server is down.
- Email hosted on the server is down.
- I log into my server host control panel and notice that my billing details have been wiped(still dont know why or who could have done this) and the server got cancelled for non-payment.
- Billing for server was due on the 14th of October.
- Ultimately server got wiped and all content of miners/bitcoind related stuff etc.
- I tried to find a backup of the wallet but the only 2 wallet backups that I have doesnt contain any of the transactions of the old wallet so all I can think is that I didnt have a valid backup for that main wallet.

I freaked out just getting back and then all this but atleast I knew I havnt bought coins yet so I logged into libertyreserve and still NO PAYMENT, at this time I didnt know wtf to do which is why I havnt responded here yet.

I tried to get hold of my client for days now with no response, he pretty much vanished.

This is where I am at right now, lost all my own bitcoins to btcst in september + miner coins and this time around trying to make things right with everyone I ended up not getting paid by client(Who I cant get hold of)

I first wanted to figure out whats going on before posting this since I didnt want to bring more bad news but there is simply nothing more I can do to rectify this, the only way to resolve this still is if btcst still end up paying coins back but thats likely a longshot. Sad

I dont know what else to add here, I know some people are highly pissed off at me but ultimately if I could fix this I would but thats just not possible since I dont have the funds to make any of the payments.

Not getting paid and then also getting robbed for the last $$$ I had available put me in a huge hole aswell and since I got back I needed help from a friend since none of this was financially planned and fucked me over bigtime.

There was no intention of me to get in this situation, btcst situation was the only reason I took on the recovery client(I was desperate to make things right for everyone) who I dealt with for most of the year and then this client also fucks me over.

Now whatever people want to think of me is not something I can control, I really didnt want to end up in this situation but thats what happened and I cant change the current outcome.

I made a ton of good friends since joining this forum, alot of them were miners with bonuspool and this ordeal left a huge hole the way it turned out.

This is a really shit situation and ultimately a royal fuckup where the end result is leaving everyone (Including me) out of bitcoins.

All I can do at this point is apologise and sincerely hope people will understand and if possible(I will definitely try) reimburse everyone in the future, there is just no way for me to specify any potential date and disapoint people again.

Again, if pirate@40/btcst can grow a conscience and pay what they owe me through bitcoinmax then I can still 100% fix this situation even though thats not likely. :/

I will check in every other day to see if there is any update regarding BTCST payments. I wont login and respond to personal threats, after all this crap I dont have the energy to deal with death threats or other crazy threats and I will simply forward to the proper authorities.

I tried my best to get everyone to earn more from mining and it went well for the whole year however ultimately this all fell apart and threatening me with no positive outcome is counterproductive.

uuidman

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 01:28:22 AM

He owes me 320 btc and thats not including the 20% extra.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 03:26:26 AM

Oh my. This is not a very cool way to handle things. It sort of sounds just like the same old bullshit from a scammer. Server got hacked? Check. Anonymous friend shafted you? Check. Wallets mysteriously corrupted and unrecoverable? Check.

Okay, same old story.

Clipse- you owe me around 15 btc. You have my payment address, I expect to get paid. I gave you all the time you asked for and have remained courteous with you, but this story is just truly not acceptable.
MXRider

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 08:03:08 AM

Clipse's real name is Neil Roelofse.

I can tell you that he was not robbed/hacked whatever. This was planned well before Clipse's trip and all this drama. He thinks he can steal almost 2k BTC and get away with it.

A week or two from now I will start posting this story and his personal info on every forum where he has posted. Good luck finding a job after I'm done with you.
gnpeer

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 02:37:04 PM

here is my unpaid history too. Not s much as yours but still...

Mine with your Bitcoins: www.facebook.com/pyramining (always active links)
Exchange all your altcoins on Vircurex (smaller fee from that link)
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 02:59:49 PM

Sorry, I got the date on that recorded host wrong. If anyone saved it, 196-215-128-155.dynamic.isadsl.co.za was recorded on 2012-07-15, not the 13th!

I double on the "not robbed/hacked", simply because this was the expected way to shut down the "Bonus Pool". Only question that remains to me is how well he was connected to Pirateat40, e.g. whether pool users provided laundered coins and Clipse just chose to keep a few dirty ones while he was at it. I still can't believe that it worked to claim paying the bonus by subsidizing mining with a magical own mining farm.

I have my own mining farm thats been running since last year June currently at 50Gh so the extra 10-15% coins paid to miners would come from my own mined coins.

I mean, come on, the explanation was that he was giving you his own mined coins? Huh

Insulting me seemed to be his pastime back in the day, that's how I knew about him in the first place, so it's likely that coins were moving between BS&T and him one way or the other.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 07:40:45 PM

Lesson: If it sounds too good to be true, then it likely is.

If you can't remember that, then please keep getting scammed. Goat is a great example of this guys. Learn from his dumbass mistakes.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

MXRider

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 08:59:32 PM

If you can't remember that, then please keep getting scammed. Goat is a great example of this guys. Learn from his dumbass mistakes.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Problem here is that scammers think the law doesn't apply to them since they use bitcoin (non-reversible transactions)
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 10:21:35 PM

You should only deal with people in your local area so you can make a police report and there is some chance of getting justice - which is probably 0 anyway because cops dont even investigate burglaries lol.

dmcurser

Activity: 502

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 12:20:29 PM

well i know from first hand that they wont press charges against someone that has defrauded you unless you live in the same state.they say something about blah blah state line blah blah.

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
Morblias

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 01:31:58 PM

well i know from first hand that they wont press charges against someone that has defrauded you unless you live in the same state.they say something about blah blah state line blah blah.

then you need to get the feds involved. FBI... odds are its then mail or wire fraud.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 03:22:25 PM

then you need to get the feds involved. FBI... odds are its then mail or wire fraud.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Did you click on that link and try to file a report?

No option for willingly let him keep my money? 

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Azelphur

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 05:47:59 PM

Did anything come of the conversations in Skype? I don't have Skype.
Xfinity

Activity: 127

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 12:52:02 PM

Did anything come of the conversations in Skype? I don't have Skype.

Yes I am curious as well. Any update?

Donations (BTC): 1L8EcGAuaDNK4kNxAbEBawo8ZaeFZvibgj
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: