Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:48:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: btc to £1000000  (Read 3611 times)
artanb1 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 03:55:06 PM

This will be after the global collapse of currency systems and they all go into hyperinflation. I cannot believe what I have just read in this article from the chief economist of the BOE.

Bitcoin also gets a mention, im in absolute shock.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/bank-of-england/11874061/Negative-interest-rates-could-be-necessary-to-protect-UK-economy-says-Bank-of-England-chief-economist.html

In England the telegraph is generally recognised as being one of the more respected newspapers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
popovicbit

Activity: 144
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 05:35:04 PM

It would be possible to get around the problem of hoarding by abolishing cash, Mr Haldane said, adding: "What I think is now reasonably clear is that the payment technology embodied in [digital currency] Bitcoin has real potential."

It really is amazing.
HeXaN

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 06:07:50 PM

how many years to see this price?
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 06:13:05 PM

When ever they talk about the reasons for a downward trend in markets,interest rates and what ever,they always point to aging population.
Did they not see this coming for decades or am I to believe they did not see that elephant waddling closer and closer towards them!

Think there would be two ways of looking at this,one being that bitcoin will rocket and current holders will make a killing. But then they face the issue of being tied in at that price as it will not go back down for quite some time. Or the economy collapses and bitcoin follows suit,this is more how I see things happening,since the markets have already shown that to be the case with bitcoin. The rises are usually speculation and when the issue hits bitcoin drops.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 06:25:08 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2015, 03:48:16 AM by spazzdla

Bitcoin is THE PERFECT tool for a gov to have 100% control of money... Not good.
Monopoly

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 06:51:13 PM

This will be after the global collapse of currency systems and they all go into hyperinflation. I cannot believe what I have just read in this article from the chief economist of the BOE.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/bank-of-england/11874061/Negative-interest-rates-could-be-necessary-to-protect-UK-economy-says-Bank-of-England-chief-economist.html

In England the telegraph is generally recognised as being one of the more respected newspapers.

What is the relate to BTC ? Why any collapse on currency and economics of countries always lees you to BTC ? There is no necessary ......
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 06:53:24 PM

What is the relate to BTC ? Why any collapse on currency and economics of countries always lees you to BTC ? There is no necessary ......

He mentions bitcoin in the article...
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 07:25:09 PM

"What I think is now reasonably clear is that the payment technology embodied in (digital currency) Bitcoin has real potential."

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:05:15 PM

Bitcoin is THE PERFECT tool for a gov to have 100% control of it's slaves....

I have been warning of this... The govs of this world WILL try to take control of bitcoin...

They will attempt to convice the moronic public it's a wise move because it's controlled by pedos and drug lords... This is not true.

The paedo drug thing is slowly fading away. If they do want to foster control then they'll make it appeal with security.

Mentioning Bitcoin within a couple of sentences of talking about abolishing cash (once again) isn't too reassuring.
artanb1 (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 11:01:05 PM

Saying that will be the price of bitcoin was tongue in cheek. my point is that when the banking system collapses (and im confident it will) the central banks will print their way into hyperinflation, giving currency's way less purchasing power. currency will also flow into bitcoin as people look for a safe haven against fiat systems.
artanb1 (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 11:23:24 PM

Or the economy collapses and bitcoin follows suit,this is more how I see things happening,since the markets have already shown that to be the case with bitcoin. The rises are usually speculation and when the issue hits bitcoin drops.

when the markets go down, gold goes up. bitcoin is internet gold:-)

https://twitter.com/MarketWatch/status/644964245554221056/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Enjorlas

Activity: 788

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 04:18:45 AM

Or the economy collapses and bitcoin follows suit,this is more how I see things happening,since the markets have already shown that to be the case with bitcoin. The rises are usually speculation and when the issue hits bitcoin drops.

https://twitter.com/MarketWatch/status/644964245554221056/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

No it isn't. Not yet anyway.
Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 05:18:31 AM

Bitcoin does not follow the markets,it speculates what the markets may do but it does not go up in times that you would expect. Take Greece for example,people speculated that people would turn to bitcoin and it got a bump just before the peak of the drama. There was talk of bitcoin atms flooding Greece to help establish bitcoin and the banks where
given permission to release more funds and talk of bitcoin died off. The price turned downward.
Gold used to be more tied to the markets but lately it does its own thing and does not go flying up when the markets are bad. So I would argue gold is a bad example because in the past it went the opposite of the markets. Bad times it would go up,good times it would go down. But bitcoin is pure speculation and not following the markets per say.
Would be a bad thing anyways if we started following the markets,as bitcoin should be more free of controls.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 08:21:13 AM

I think the number is a bit exaggerated although i do have the confidence that bitcoin price should be much higher if the economic situation starts to worsen.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 08:50:29 AM

I think the number is a bit exaggerated although i do have the confidence that bitcoin price should be much higher if the economic situation starts to worsen.

only a bit? we must be happy to see the price reach $2000 at some point in the future. at this point we can't even maintain the $300 level for quite a while.
kromtar

Activity: 172

contracorriente

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 08:52:14 AM

They will abolish cash and they will never use blockchain technology, at least not a decentralized blockchain.

Thats the plan to have total control and they will do it, when it happen lots of people will be left with tons of monopoly paper, the rest will be slave of the rigged new digital money system.

can't even clean my ass with fiat Sad
kromtar

Activity: 172

contracorriente

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 08:57:41 AM

About the price of bitcoin i dont care, never sold  a satoshi for fiat, hope some day i can just buy and pay things with the satoshis my computers are generating for me.  Grin

can't even clean my ass with fiat Sad
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 10:11:27 PM

Right now it's at the extreme end of the speculation scale. It would be the first thing to go if you couldn't pay your mortgage. I think we're a long time away from it ever having some type of safe haven status. It still has a lot to prove.
buddu

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 09:35:10 AM

It is quite possible to see this price in coming years even without happening of any collapse of fiat money or markets.Bitcoin has made successfully its way and recognition in spite of all the opposition and doubts which were at the start.So we can see that price obviously. 
apriyani420

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:10:09 PM

i doubt it will ever reach this price though i would think more about a 10 thousand pounds price i think it might reach this in about 5 years

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: