Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:24:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Open New Bank Account for Online Poker Bitcoin Withdrawal?  (Read 802 times)
hoganJ32888 (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 01:27:11 PM

Unfortunately, bitcoin is the only option I have to withdrawal on one of my online poker networks.

I have 15K total in withdrawals, 5k each time into bitcoin wallet.

Is it safe to open a new bank account, and then withdrawal the bitcoins from bitpay to my new bank account?

I read a lot of banks don't like bitcoicn and I don't want my funds to be permanently frozen.

I'm too scared to use my existing bank account in fear they close it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 01:45:45 PM

if you can withdraw your coins from that poker room to your client and then exchange those on any good exchange, you can afterward transfer the amount on your bank, only fiat will come there

but anyway you could ask your bank support for any problem related bitcoin
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 05:48:00 PM

Depends in which country you are and how are people looking on Bitcoin in this country. Also not all banks are anti Bitcoin. If you don't mind sharing where you are based, we can give you more info.

If not, you can always withdraw BTCs to your wallet and sell them in person for cash. Or open an account on localbitcoins.com where you can sell coins in small batches, that's how banks won't suspect a lot. For example in France, all transactions up to 1,000€ are not that much scrutinized.

Good luck!
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 06:45:37 PM

'Banks' don't care where your money comes from, money is their business, all money is good, police and taxman do care, if you pay your taxes and your money comes from a legit source, like bitpay, you have nothing to worry about...

unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 07:00:12 PM

'Banks' don't care where your money comes from, money is their business, all money is good, police and taxman do care, if you pay your taxes and your money comes from a legit source, like bitpay, you have nothing to worry about...

I think this is wrong. Of course banks will protect themselves from a customer doing possibly illegal deposits.
@OP, where do you live? (Country)
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 09:47:31 PM

I think this is wrong. Of course banks will protect themselves from a customer doing possibly illegal deposits.

Has I said 'legit source', and they do that because regulation, not because they don't want your monies.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 09:50:40 PM

Has I said 'legit source', and they do that because regulation, not because they don't want your monies.

Trust me, some banks don't like Bitcoin at all, even if the money is legit. There were many examples in the past that customers accounts were frozen and closed just on the suspicion that the money has come from Bitcoin.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 10:25:46 PM

Depends on what country you're in. In the UK that might be enough for them to tell you they don't want your business any more. Anything Bitcoin related can be fatal for your account even if you can prove everything's above board. 

hoganJ32888 (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 01:24:39 AM

Then how do you transfer bitcoin to your bank account (US-based) safely?

Are the payexchangers gonna work? Can I withdrawal from those to my bank?

I want to withdrawal to my US bank, not in cash, because I am perpetually traveling outside the US and I don't have a reliable bank abroad.
unholycactus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 02:12:51 AM

Then how do you transfer bitcoin to your bank account (US-based) safely?

Are the payexchangers gonna work? Can I withdrawal from those to my bank?

I want to withdrawal to my US bank, not in cash, because I am perpetually traveling outside the US and I don't have a reliable bank abroad.

Assuming you are a US citizen, you'll have a lot of trouble justifying withdrawal of poker winnings in fiat.
Only a few online poker platforms are legal in the US in very specific states.
I would just keep the Bitcoins if I were you unless you are prepared for the trouble.
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 07:11:41 PM

Why not use bitcoin mixing service? Or use darkcoin which your transaction untraceable, also you can follow this thread to get more reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1126702.0
unholycactus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 07:34:10 PM

Why not use bitcoin mixing service? Or use darkcoin which your transaction untraceable, also you can follow this thread to get more reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1126702.0

I think OP wants to have fiat, a mixer wouldn't do much.
What I suppose he's worried is declaring how he got the fiat and this is where he'll get trouble.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: