Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:20:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetz from Bolivia, first lame country to prohibit use of Cryptocurrency.  (Read 598 times)
mikylinr (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 02:21:22 PM

Well, that is not really true; it is forbidden to use non-fiat currencies. Why, oh why did Bolivia do this? My theory; out of pure ignorance. Instead of looking into the issue, pros and cons of BTC and other altcoins, they simply forbid it, as they did not understand it yet.

However, there is a small community, I am trying to build, that supports BTC, although, political environment may not be the best at the time. I am a lawyer (IT and Business Law are the areas I deal the most in), so if you want to drop by any questions, I'd be glad to help.

Anyhow, thought I'd say hi, being a true n008 on the forums n all. Trying out the auction part.

See ya all around.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 12:35:33 PM

Hi and welcome.

Yes, cryptocurrencies are tough for law-makers, they have to decide whether treat them as currency or commodity, there are VAT issues etc. So the easiest way for lazy governments is just to make them illegal.

But, on the bright side, it's almost impossible to enforce any ban on the average, non-business users.

Best of luck in building the community in Bolivia.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 12:46:00 PM

oh man, that is so bad. i hope here in my country the government continues on without knowing about bitcoin and any sort of cryptocurrency. because i think we are at the risk of it being banned out of pure ignorance.

anyways i wish you best of luck in Bolivia

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
scriptman

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 02:31:49 PM

Ignorance is at the heart of this.

Countries should be looking at being crypto friendly to attract business operators in and boost the technological industry.

Mind you, Bolivia will get enough revenue from the coca farms methinks.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 02:42:45 PM

Sad to hear this. Yes, they don't probably have a clue what the Bitcoin is and they decided to take these measures, lawmakers and the government.

Especially to bring this decision as a small country, before any of the big countries is lunatic. I wonder what would happen if big countries would acknowledged Bitcoin tomorrow, this would really make them look like fools.
RussianRaibow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 12:16:29 AM

Well, that is not really true; it is forbidden to use non-fiat currencies. Why, oh why did Bolivia do this? My theory; out of pure ignorance. Instead of looking into the issue, pros and cons of BTC and other altcoins, they simply forbid it, as they did not understand it yet.

However, there is a small community, I am trying to build, that supports BTC, although, political environment may not be the best at the time. I am a lawyer (IT and Business Law are the areas I deal the most in), so if you want to drop by any questions, I'd be glad to help.

Anyhow, thought I'd say hi, being a true n008 on the forums n all. Trying out the auction part.

See ya all around.

Which exchange do you people generally use in Bolivia ?

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 07:01:47 PM

See ya all around.

Welcome to this forum.
I hope someday Bolivia gov will realize if bitcoin is the future of money.
Keep your bitcoin community alive and i hope you all who use cryptocurrency will not be jailed like bangladesh case.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: