Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:22:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Russia to start bitruble - will be first government sponsered cryptocurrency  (Read 1456 times)
cinnamon_carter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 06:55:19 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2015, 11:51:52 PM by cinnamon_carter

So it begins ...

"Bitruble, a new Russian cryptocurrency, will be issued and circulated under control of Russia's Central Bank. It is expected to compete with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies."

see here http://sputniknews.com/business/20150918/1027204933/russian-national-cryptocurrency.html

This is something I expected eventually , if it ends up happening I wonder what the impact will be on bitcoin and all other alt coins .... 2016 will be here soon and obviously they did not just consider this idea and announce it today.....  the plot thickens indeed

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 07:22:17 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2015, 07:32:56 PM by bit1

The impact over bitcoin and all others alt coins on short time could be minimum considering that it could have the same impact and this was not so :    
http://cointelegraph.com/news/115297/bitcoin-is-officially-a-commodity-in-the-us  
On long time I'm not very sure.

Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 10:47:59 AM

Such a good news for cryptocurrencies  Smiley
GriffinHeart

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hello there!

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 10:54:22 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2015, 11:34:47 PM by GriffinHeart

The question is with the current regime and the way Russia has previously worked, will they ban all other cryptos for BitRuble to be a competitor? Not many altcoins have succeeded, I can think of litecoin and that was only $4 a coin.
Russia may succeed in this, no government has readily funded creation/development of a coin, so if they put their full force behind BitRuble, have it backed with some sort of material, this could succeed amazingly. I'll sure as hell jump the wagon onto a securely funded coin of any kind.

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 01:48:30 PM

I would not want to trade this coin. Knowing Russia, I fear you may need to give your ID to trade this coin to prevent " money laundering ".
In addition, I am not comfortable giving up my identity to the Russians.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:39:12 AM

Russia is such a goober. 

They will only strengthen bitcoin and other decentralized currencies with this move and ensure they create another fail-assured Ripple clone. 

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
Andrelvogue

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 07:12:53 AM

Oh what nice article. Thank you for this information.
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 01:22:21 PM

Quote from: sputniknews.com link=http://sputniknews.com/business/20150918/1027204933/russian-national-cryptocurrency.html

Bitruble will be very similar to Bitcoin, but unlike any other cryptocurrency, it will be regulated by the Russian Central Bank. The bank will strictly control the emission and circulation of Bitruble to prevent it from being used for illegal transactions.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/business/20150918/1027204933/russian-national-cryptocurrency.html#ixzz3mNYl3rZn

Failed before it started  Grin

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
bcdev

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 01:30:46 PM

Bitruble, a new Russian cryptocurrency, will be issued and circulated under control of Russia's Central Bank. It is expected to compete with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
Calling that cryptocurrency is doublespeak. In reality it's going to be PayPal.
Nothing to see here.

What a joke. "Banks adopting cryptocurrency" and "states adopting cryptocurrency" is just trying to redefine the word "cryptocurrency" to mean "centralized database".
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 03:35:07 PM

What a joke. "Banks adopting cryptocurrency" and "states adopting cryptocurrency" is just trying to redefine the word "cryptocurrency" to mean "centralized database".

A joke in one sense - but the normalization of "cryptocurrency" will really pay off. Let's face it: the main reason why anti-cryptocurrency FUD spreads so easily is that the FUD appeals to good ol' normalcy bias. And unlike virtually everyone else here, I don't think that's a bad thing. Normalcy bias actually protects people from barging into a new life when they're not prepared for it.

Another aspect of us peeps, which I am ambivalent about, is that appeals to authority work. It's kinda sad, but appeals to authority provably do work on many of us humans to whittle down or whisk away that normalcy bias. This effect, believe it or not, is what the Progressives are counting on when they say that government programs for this-or-that advance human progress. Yep: Progressivism would only be a shadow of its former self if appeals to authority (government authority) didn't work.

So...governments, as well as big banks, getting into "cryptocurrency" will definitely erode that normalcy bias which is holding back mass adoption of the real thing. Sucks, I know, but it's better than the fate of eGold.

Thanks to cinnamon_carter for the OP, including the link. Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Thenoticer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:40:36 PM

The article was a little vague on how this will happen.

A POS crypto would be interesting, although Im not sure how it would be distributed. Maybe they would loan it to their banks.

A POW crypto would also be interesting. They could merge mine it with bitcoin, which would cement its relationship with BTC. Or they can setup minning hardware/software to do their own thing.

I'd imagine that each bank/ authorized user will have a minning access code to prevent others from around the globe running their software and participating on the network to get paid bitruble. Ie: Russian banks are the only authorized nodes, and the only miners.

And of course will it be a sha256d algo, which gives a node towards bitcoin and might insinuate that the banks are also mining bitcoin or will it be a different algo.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 05:07:57 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2015, 02:14:13 PM by Nxtblg

The article was a little vague on how this will happen.

"In America, you use vague. In Russia, vague use you."  Wink

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

disamsal

Activity: 232

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 07:44:14 PM

as all big banks are looking into blockchain tech., also russia central bank is...no problem...another alt...
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 08:12:47 PM

Isn't this the single best way to get the general public to get used to cryptocurrencies?

After they start using this though, they have to make the switch to a real crypto Wink
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 01:27:44 PM

haha a lot of coins want to compete with bitcoin

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 05:37:33 PM

WAT?

HOW?
WHEN?

Impossible!

SPECS?
launch?

it's 2016 already!

Bitruble will be very similar to Bitcoin, but unlike any other cryptocurrency, it will be regulated by the Russian Central Bank. The bank will strictly control the emission and circulation of Bitruble to prevent it from being used for illegal transactions.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/business/20150918/1027204933/russian-national-cryptocurrency.html#ixzz3zslgBBZk

oh ...  unlike any other cryptocurrency ... regulated by algo/code ... NOPE ... regulated by the Russian Central Bank will strictly control the emission and circulation.

What's the reward today Boss?
What's the block speed today Boss?
Who can send coin today Boss?
Who we delete balance today Boss?

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄