Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:56:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Smooth VS VNL  (Read 7304 times)
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 03:06:44 AM

hey we have also SDC shadowtrash trolls here.
They reminded me of this thread "The full truth behind ShadowCash trolls and Their attacks on other coins."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=818939.0

Why are you still so salty of people in the Shadowcash community going out of their ways to try and protect your dumb ass from being scammed?

Shut up kid or I'm going to ask to ICM dump more hundreds of thousands of SDC that he got through the shadowtrash exploit

Go for it dumbass

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 06:16:15 AM

Why does it appear that the shady characters always ignore or deflect away from a request that is made that gets to the point of certain issues?

It must be in their DNA...kinda like how scammers that operate ponzi schemes on large scales only care about self image and luxury and could care less about actually running a business to turn a profit.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

hughbt

Activity: 613
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 07:30:50 AM

XMR/AEON Developer Smooth Investigation

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151565.0 Cool

Thank you for your support.

Don`t make me believe that spamming is the only thing VNL dev can do.

Instead of producing substantial arguments in your coin`s favor, you begin spamming?  

I don't believe that false accusations are the only thing other devs can do... They can't code zero time that's for sure.  Cheesy Cheesy

You can accuse anyone for anything. That's why we have courts to prove that someone is guilty. If you are certain that he broke the law then go and inform the police... What are you waiting for... oh wait
maccaspacca

Activity: 278
Merit: 258

Twitter: @maccaspacca1

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:26:31 PM

Instead of producing substantial arguments in your coin`s favor, you begin spamming?  

I don't believe that false accusations are the only thing other devs can do... They can't code zero time that's for sure.  Cheesy Cheesy

You can accuse anyone for anything. That's why we have courts to prove that someone is guilty. If you are certain that he broke the law then go and inform the police... What are you waiting for... oh wait

I agree - if a law has been broken (you haven't even established in which jurisdiction yet?) then you should report it to the police or engage a lawyer for a professional opinion.

In fact I will report it to the bitcoin police on reddit for you Smiley

solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 01:43:12 PM

Regardless of what JC did or didn't do, from a legal standpoint the Monero team had no right to take what is copyrighted software and slap their own copyright on top of it. Now of course the bytecoin guys are anonymous hackers who will probably never come out of hiding to sue him and the horse is out of the barn already but the point is they don't really understand what the word "copyright" really means.

Also I LOL at this statement

"Parts of the project are originally copyright (c) 2012-2013 The Cryptonote developers"

I guess 90-95% of code is only "parts"  Cheesy

Btw I actually support Monero and forking Bytecoin for the obvious shady premine aspect of the original, but i'm not going to pretend it's anything more than a warez/pirated version of it.
Wheatclove

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 01:44:06 PM

I agree - if a law has been broken (you haven't even established in which jurisdiction yet?) then you should report it to the police or engage a lawyer for a professional opinion.

The legality of it doesn't really matter. In the open source, free software community, this type of behavior is incredibly immoral. It's not a fucking free for all, there are community standards to be upheld from an ethics standpoint.

The simple fact that john-connor claimed to have written the entire Vanillacoin source from scratch means he has committed fraud. Why you would trust a developer like this is beyond me. Regardless of his ability to develop software, his inability to engage in ethical practices is a huge red flag.

Yet he has already built a following of sheep trying to ride his coattail to monetary gain.  
Wheatclove

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 01:48:05 PM

Regardless of what JC did or didn't do, from a legal standpoint Smooth had no right to take what is copyrighted software and slap his own copyright on top of it. Now of course the bytecoin guys are anonymous hackers who will probably never come out of hiding to sue him and the horse is out of the barn already but the point is he doesn't really understand what the word "copyright" really means.

Also I LOL at this statement

"Parts of the project are originally copyright (c) 2012-2013 The Cryptonote developers"

I guess 90-95% of code is only "parts"  Cheesy

Btw I actually support Monero and forking Bytecoin for the obvious shady premine aspect of the original, but i'm not going to pretend it's anything more than a warez/pirated version of it.

Red herring & ad hominem at the same time? Impressive.

I'm not sure you understand copyright licenses.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:02:06 PM

Copyright is a party asserting their ownership of an intellectual property. This includes "rights frequently include reproduction, control over derivative works, distribution, public performance, and "moral rights" such as attribution." If the Bytecoin guys wanted to sue Monero for infringement, they'd have full legal authority and would more than likely win in court if they can prove they are the original content creators.

The difference with Bitcoin is it is granted under the MIT license which is a euphemism for permissive licensed software, however in reality the thing is a joke. MIT is not a lawmaking body, they are not patent clerks and using them as some authority for what is and isn't legal copyright is absurd. Sure there is a big debate about what is polite in open source communities but I challenge any of this crap to hold up in a REAL court of law not governed by utopian nerds.

Personally I follow common sense, if you don't want your stuff copied and hacked, don't put it out there or assert strict legal ownership of it because the only thing that can put a stop to bad behavior is the threat of a court order. You should see how much stock photo and font theft goes on in the graphic design community, but if no one is going to challenge it or assert their rights then it's the wild west.
hughbt

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:08:03 PM

The legality of it doesn't really matter. In the open source, free software community, this type of behavior is incredibly immoral. It's not a fucking free for all, there are community standards to be upheld from an ethics standpoint.

The simple fact that john-connor claimed to have written the entire Vanillacoin source from scratch means he has committed fraud. Why you would trust a developer like this is beyond me. Regardless of his ability to develop software, his inability to engage in ethical practices is a huge red flag.

Yet he has already built a following of sheep trying to ride his coattail to monetary gain.  

Yeaah, now legality doesn't matter. So what matters more? If he commited a fraud(fraud is illegal, but it doesn't matter?) as you claim, you should report it. If my competitors would stole intellectual property and took my market share I would fight against it. But not by hanging a large banner "company x is stealing intellectual property" on my own company's headquarters like xmr and other devs are doing(you can go to jail for something like this). It's plain stupid, trolling, or unfair competition what you are doing. You can't prove shit, but you are still attacking.

Someone is stealing money from the bank, I'm going to post on his facebook that he is a thief but I'm not going to call the police because he  wasn't stealing. Fuck logic
Wheatclove

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:14:51 PM

Yeaah, now legality doesn't matter. So what matters more? If he commited a fraud(fraud is illegal, but it doesn't matter?) as you claim, you should report it. If my competitors would stole intellectual property and took my market share I would fight against it. But not by hanging a large banner "company x is stealing intellectual property" on my own company's headquarters like xmr and other devs are doing(you can go to jail for something like this). It's plain stupid, trolling, or unfair competition what you are doing. You can't prove shit, but you are still attacking.

Someone is stealing money from the bank, I'm going to post on his facebook that he is a thief but I'm not going to call the police because he  wasn't stealing. Fuck logic

What I am doing? I'm arguing my opinion which has factual merit. I don't need to report any activity to any authority in order for my arguments to be valid and strong.

Wheatclove

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:19:42 PM

Copyright is a party asserting their ownership of an intellectual property. This includes "rights frequently include reproduction, control over derivative works, distribution, public performance, and "moral rights" such as attribution." If the Bytecoin guys wanted to sue Monero for infringement, they'd have full legal authority and would more than likely win in court if they can prove they are the original content creators.

The difference with Bitcoin is it is granted under the MIT license which is a euphemism for permissive licensed software, however in reality the thing is a joke. MIT is not a lawmaking body, they are not patent clerks and using them as some authority for what is and isn't legal copyright is absurd. Sure there is a big debate about what is polite in open source communities but I challenge any of this crap to hold up in a REAL court of law not governed by utopian nerds.

Personally I follow common sense, if you don't want your stuff copied and hacked, don't put it out there or assert strict legal ownership of it because the only thing that can put a stop to bad behavior is the threat of a court order. You should see how much stock photo and font theft goes on in the graphic design community, but if no one is going to challenge it or assert their rights then it's the wild west.

The MIT license is a copyright framework for open source software, much like the GNU GPL. You don't have to be a patent lawyer to put this shit in your software in order to communicate the terms in which your software can be used, copied, and modified.
hughbt

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:21:15 PM

What I am doing? I'm arguing my opinion which has factual merit. I don't need to report any activity to any authority in order for my arguments to be valid and strong.

I can write here that you are a liar, my opinion has factual merit, because you are lying that John stole bitcoin's code. You are wrong, your arguments are not strong and valid. Anyone can write whatever he wants. It really takes a lot more to prove that someone stole code than stupid post on bitcointalk... You seem to not understand that simple fact.
Wheatclove

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:29:29 PM

Someone is stealing money from the bank, I'm going to post on his facebook that he is a thief but I'm not going to call the police because he  wasn't stealing. Fuck logic

I can write here that you are a liar, my opinion has factual merit, because you are lying that John stole bitcoin's code. You are wrong, your arguments are not strong and valid. Anyone can write whatever he wants. It really takes a lot more to prove that someone stole code than stupid post on bitcointalk... You seem to not understand that simple fact.

Okay trolling confirmed. For the record (directed at third party observers seeking information), I have very little coding experience but I am in my second C++ class at University. Simply looking at both codebases, it's very easy to see that everything borrowed from the Bitcoin source code was simply rewritten with different variable and constant names. This refactoring is not against the copyright license that the Bitcoin devs maintain in their code - but since the Vanillacoin dev removed the copyright attribution to Bitcoin from the Vanillacoin code and claimed to have written everything from scratch, he is guilty fraudulent and unethical behavior.

See the below quote for evidence:

Comparing a sample piece of code it is clear that at least some of it is based on Bitcoin code:

From vanillacoin - https://github.com/john-connor/vanillacoin/blob/master/src/address_manager.cpp#L1315

Code:
     * Try to find an entry that can be erased.
     */
    for (auto it = bucket_new.begin(); it != bucket_new.end(); ++it)
    {
        assert(address_info_map_.count(*it));

auto & info = address_info_map_[*it];

if (info.is_terrible())
        {
            if (--info.reference_count == 0)
            {
                std::lock_guard<std::recursive_mutex> l1(mutex_random_ids_);

swap_random(
                    info.random_position,
                    static_cast<std::uint32_t> (random_ids_.size() - 1)
                );

random_ids_.pop_back();
                network_address_map_.erase(info.addr);
                address_info_map_.erase(*it);
                number_new_--;
            }

bucket_new.erase(it);

return;

From Bitcoin 0.9.2 in addrman.cpp:

Code:
    // first look for deletable items
    for (std::set<int>::iterator it = vNew.begin(); it != vNew.end(); it++)
    {
        assert(mapInfo.count(*it));
        CAddrInfo &info = mapInfo[*it];
        if (info.IsTerrible())
        {
            if (--info.nRefCount == 0)
            {
                SwapRandom(info.nRandomPos, vRandom.size()-1);
                vRandom.pop_back();
                mapAddr.erase(info);
                mapInfo.erase(*it);
                nNew--;
            }
            vNew.erase(it);
            return 0;
        }
    }

The above code from vanillacoin is based on bitcoin, albeit renamed, refactored, reformatted and re-commented at almost every possible occasion.

The algorithm is the same line by line and even the esoteric identifier name "IsTerrible"/"is_terrible" is used in both.

My guess is John started with a old bitcoin code base and refactored, renamed and recommented the code to a huge degree.

There has also been additions like the zerotime stuff which is not like anything in Bitcoin:

https://github.com/john-connor/vanillacoin/blob/master/src/zerotime.cpp

traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:58:31 PM

It is a POW/POS hybrid crypto-currency, obviously it is based on already existing ideas/solutions, but it has been redesigned in C++ and has been complemented with several unique features. Vanillacoin is way more advanced than bitcoin or it's forks in the way it handles the network and transactions.

Yeah, you will find similarities and you will also find that it uses blockchain files and a wallet.dat, but please review the source code for yourself and tell me that it's anything like Bitcoin afterwards.

hughbt

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 03:02:51 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2015, 03:13:39 PM by hughbt

WheatClove

There is just no point in writing this method in any other way. What would be your code to achieve this desirable functionality? I remember apple's patent war, when they tried to patent slide to unlock.
That's the court's verdict: "This user-friendly display was already suggested by the state of the art."
Wheatclove

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 03:23:51 PM

It is a POW/POS hybrid crypto-currency, obviously it is based on already existing ideas/solutions, but it has been redesigned in C++ and has been complemented with several unique features. Vanillacoin is way more advanced than bitcoin or it's forks in the way it handles the network and transactions.

Yeah, you will find similarities and you will also find that it uses blockchain files and a wallet.dat, but please review the source code for yourself and tell me that it's anything like Bitcoin afterwards.

"Redesigned in C++"
Bitcoin is written in C++.

So, by your words, Bitcoin code was restructured and complimented with several unique features.

This still requires the copyright attribution to Bitcoin.

EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 03:50:22 PM

Hey wheatcove, what you have to say about the morality of you and other gangsters from shadowtrash devteam being scouring the bctalk hunting new ideas and when you find make believe to contribute to the creators for access to studies and one day before the release be done by the feature creators, you guys release a crap SDC version and say that you were the first and then start a fud campaign against the currency which you guys stole the feature?

In the shadowtrash whitepaper, you put some credit to Hondo for having been "inspired" in his ideas and even copied and pasted entire sentences of stealthsend white paper brief?

"The full truth behind ShadowCash trolls and Their attacks on other coins." - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=818939.0

You and your gangsters are a bunch of hypocrites trolls made of shit.

I really dont care if someone took a line of an open source and not written where it came from or if another took a whole code and instead of putting it was copied and pasted from a scam called bytecoin, put "cryptonote creators" to make people think that the creators are themselves as monero devs did.

What really matters to me is that vanilla coin will soon be a perfect currency, much better technically than btc, xmr (timebomb) and dash.

I just hope vnl changes its name
Wheatclove

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:19:57 PM

Hey wheatcove, what you have to say about the morality of you and other gangsters from shadowtrash devteam being scouring the bctalk hunting new ideas and when you find make believe to contribute to the creators for access to studies and one day before the release be done by the feature creators, you guys release a crap SDC version and say that you were the first and then start a fud campaign against the currency which you guys stole the feature?

In the shadowtrash whitepaper, you put some credit to Hondo for having been "inspired" in his ideas and even copied and pasted entire sentences of stealthsend white paper brief?

"The full truth behind ShadowCash trolls and Their attacks on other coins." - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=818939.0

You and your gangsters are a bunch of hypocrites trolls made of shit.

I really dont care if someone took a line of an open source and not written where it came from or if another took a whole code and instead of putting it was copied and pasted from a scam called bytecoin, put "cryptonote creators" to make people think that the creators are themselves as monero devs did.

What really matters to me is that vanilla coin will soon be a perfect currency, much better technically than btc, xmr (timebomb) and dash.

I just hope vnl changes its name

Me and my gangsters? Contrary to your delusions, I have never colluded with anyone to cause any harm to any serious development in the crypto community. I am my own entity and I do not belong to a specific, malicious group of people as you claim. I have only expressed my opinions of potential scams based on any red flags that stand out due to the behaviors of developers. I am active in multiple communities, learning from everyone and everything I can. I've made zero money from anything to do with Shadowcash and I am not a developer - rather a student. There are members of the Shadowcash dev teams that are kind enough to share knowledge from time to time and help me learn.

Longandshort (not a member of the SDC dev team) raised legitimate questions about StealthSend's concept, causing the entire non-technical StealthCoin community (you included) to retaliate.

The claims you made in regards to the ShadowSend and StealthSend whitepapers are previously unknown to me - if you could present me with more evidence I would take your claims seriously.

That troll thread is the biggest joke on these forums, and I took the time to explain that entire situation on page 2, with links and a timeline of events. I don't think anyone takes you seriously, as you've only been involved with a majority of Bobsurplus's pump and dumps.

Here you are, detracting from the original subject matter of this thread. Like you do with all of your threads. Your logical fallacies are out of control.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:24:30 PM

If the Bytecoin guys wanted to sue Monero for infringement, they'd have full legal authority and would more than likely win in court if they can prove they are the original content creators.

The difference with Bitcoin is it is granted under the MIT license ...

Uh, no. The cryptonote code also grants permission under the exact same MIT license. So no difference.

The difference is that Monero retained the original attribution, as required by the license, and as do most of the 1000+ coins that use or adapt code from Bitcoin, Litecoin, etc. (I posted proof of this above.) Vanillacoin did not.
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 04:58:54 PM

Where was it stated in stone that John Connor said Vanilla coin was 100% coded without a single byte or line of code ever used in the history of crypto? Obviously he has to use ones and zeros, but bitcoin used ones and zeros, oh my! The fact is if you look at ANY alt coin ever created, VNL uses less of the same code than any of the 5000 alt coins ever made. Do I know the exact % of code that is similiar to bitcoin, no, but it is a very tiny %, and it is a helluva lot smaller than Monero or Bytecoin, that is for sure. So stop bothering John because he didn't footnote or acknowledge a tiny part of his coin has similiar code to bitcoin. Fact is he did build it from scratch, it has less similar code than any other alt, and it improves on every crypto coin technically.  Once again I will give an analogy, DICE is making a game called Star Wars Battlefront and Microsoft Studios is making a game called Halo 5. They both will be over 50GB, millions of lines of code, and they will both be written from scratch, yet will use Directx. They are not going to rewrite directx, they will also use many of the same graphics routines, sound coding, a.i. logic routines, etc. And NEITHER of those games are going to acknowledge a license from Space Invaders or Pong. WELL WAIT, WHAT DO YOU MEAN, EVERY VIDEO GAME MADE SINCE PONG SHOULD ACKNOWLEDGE PONG WAS FIRST AND THAT EVERY SUBSEQUENT VIDEO GAME USES GRAPHICS AND USER INPUT!
You guys really need to relax and not argue over stupid technicalities in language. You alt devs and fanbois argue more than bitcoin core devs, LOLZ

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money